IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 374.
#6451 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Doc, when you decided to add the cake pan did you move the led from under the plastic to under the phone inside the cake pan? If so how did you route the wire? Thanks!

Its been a few months but I think the LED under my original chew toy phone was an RGB one so it had solder pads ofr R, G, and B signals with just the red one used. It was too big to fit entirely under the cake pan. I think you could use a spike single red LED board (cointaker has them for a $1 or so) and trim it to just fit inside the black base. I didn't have a spike LED board so I just used a basic red LED (like pic below) with a current limiting resistor. Just make sure you add a current limiting resistor. https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-led-series-resistor

red led (resized).jpgred led (resized).jpg

#6452 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

For clarification (very interested in your work or offering on this) that the LE units you have figured out no issue its the Premium units that you need to get creative? Seems like leaving it illuminated constant would be rather cool in my opinion. If the game is on, Batman is in the House!

Yes. The LE version would work using the same signal the SLE owners got and what you'd get if you bought the $200 add on from stern.

Premium is trickier because there is no signal to tap from to drive the mod. The CPU sends the on/off projector signal over the communication bus via the RJ45 cable between node boards. Since premium owners don't have the node boards there is no signal you can tap off of.

I think it would look fine on all the time. But at the same time I do like how the LE version comes on/off during game play. Just can't figure out a way to emulate that for the premium users.

#6453 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes. The LE version would work using the same signal the SLE owners got and what you'd get if you bought the $200 add on from stern.
Premium is trickier because there is no signal to tap from to drive the mod. The CPU sends the on/off projector signal over the communication bus via the RJ45 cable between node boards. Since premium owners don't have the node boards there is no signal you can tap off of.
I think it would look fine on all the time. But at the same time I do like how the LE version comes on/off during game play. Just can't figure out a way to emulate that for the premium users.

Would PRE owners who do have the add on Bat signal from Stern be able to use our hook ups and node boards to power and run your mod? It would be nice to have a Bat signal without a scratched lens and clearer graphic.

#6454 6 years ago

Yelobird. What did he want for those Decals. I was thinking a blow dryer might soften current decals enough to just peal off.

#6455 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last he PM'd me the SLE set was still available. Hold your shorts though as this is not your average cost sticker set. Not saying in Any way that he wasn't fair just a little outside my comfort zone and the Thought of scraping down my New LE to properly install these made me shiver. PM him if your wanting the ultimate Mod.

Already have an SLE. Just wondering how he got SLE decals to sell when he only had an LE and Stern wouldn't sell us a spare "safety" set when we actually have an SLE.

#6456 6 years ago

Would PRE owners who do have the add on Bat signal from Stern be able to use our hook ups and node boards to power and run your mod? It would be nice to have a Bat signal without a scratched lens and clearer graphic.

I think so. Does you setup have a 4 pin keyed molex like this on the LE's? See pic below. Thats the type of connector my mod will mate with.

Never saw a Stern beacon up close so I dont know if the quality of the optics in my version will be better or not.

The projector I'm modifying is definitely low cost materials but I think it projects a decent image.

rps20171112_222237 (resized).jpgrps20171112_222237 (resized).jpg

#6457 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think so. Does you setup have a 4 pin keyed molex like this on the LE's? See pic below. Thats the type of connector my mod will mate with.
Never saw a Stern beacon up close so I dont know if the quality of the optics in my version will be better or not.
The projector I'm modifying is definitely low cost materials but I think it projects a decent image.

I've got the Factory Beacon, and will sat the optics and overall mechanism is legit. Their QC (as usual) is what has hurt several of these, as the use a soft silicone to frame the image, for a soft transition...looks great IF the silicone seal is applied correctly. I had to go through 3, until I received one without a scratch in the gobo, and the silicone was true. A legit lighting fixture........

#6458 6 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Yelobird. What did he want for those Decals. I was thinking a blow dryer might soften current decals enough to just peal off.

To be respectful of the seller you can PM me and I will let you know otherwise you could just PM him directly. Seemed like a nice pinball guy.

#6459 6 years ago

I've been playing this game....really playing it......there is something here, for sure.....incredibly fun!!!!

#6460 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Its been a few months but I think the LED under my original chew toy phone was an RGB one so it had solder pads ofr R, G, and B signals with just the red one used. It was too big to fit entirely under the cake pan. I think you could use a spike single red LED board (cointaker has them for a $1 or so) and trim it to just fit inside the black base. I didn't have a spike LED board so I just used a basic red LED (like pic below) with a current limiting resistor. Just make sure you add a current limiting resistor. https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-led-series-resistor

I don't know how to figure this out. Can someone tell me exactly what parts I should order to do this?

#6461 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think so. Does you setup have a 4 pin keyed molex like this on the LE's? See pic below. Thats the type of connector my mod will mate with

I don't think so. My beacon has the standard household cord modified with a Molex on the end which plugs into one board. Then that board is connected to two other boards. Those plug into the backbox via a large power connector.

#6462 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Already have an SLE. Just wondering how he got SLE decals to sell when he only had an LE and Stern wouldn't sell us a spare "safety" set when we actually have an SLE.

He probably had a cabinet issue. Stern's way of addressing the weak cabinet joints was to send out a new set of decals. I have a friend with an LE set.

#6463 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

He probably had a cabinet issue. Stern's way of addressing the weak cabinet joints was to send out a new set of decals. I have a friend with an LE set.

But why did they send SLE decals for an LE then?

#6464 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But why did they send SLE decals for an LE then?

Sorry, I didn't catch he had an LE. I thought he had an SLE.

Edit: went back and looked and you are correct, and in that case I have no idea. I was told they didn't sell the LE and SLE playfields and decals because they didn't want anyone trying to alter a lesser model to pass off as a limited edition. But I guess there is no real way to prevent that if you send out LE decals for a bad cabinet corner, so maybe that was just a line they fed me when I took my GBLE playfield back to swap.

#6465 6 years ago

Does the shaker add much to Batman so far? I don't have a shaker, but thinking about it. Mod Couple's stuff is also so freaking tempting.

#6466 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Does the shaker add much to Batman so far? I don't have a shaker, but thinking about it. Mod Couple's stuff is also so freaking tempting.

I am on the fence with shaker motors on games personally but for Batman I think the integration and effect is a spot on and highly recommended if you don't have one. I have a few games that it doesn't really make sense on but on this title I believe Lyman will fully utilize the add on to a valuable asset. Thank for the compliment! We do appreciate knowing our work is enjoyed and that means a lot especially the feedback to Improve our efforts! I was just in Shawnee last week after a stop in Olathe ... Small world. lol

#6467 6 years ago

I am not a big shaker motor fan on any pin, but Lyman does do a decent job integrating it into this one.

#6468 6 years ago

Mod Couple are very professional - packaging, instructions all top notch. Got the Atomic Pile installed over the weekend. Was a little worried about the look of the 3D printed stuff, as I'm not usually a fan of 3D print (ridges/lines/flat looking), but this has come up a treat. Looks stock and such a HUGE improvement on the Fluro Perspex/pop bumper Stern model. Thanks again Mod2.

#6469 6 years ago

I was totally fine with the pile and spinner until I saw the pics of it installed. Now I'm a somewhat sad panda. The phone and TV still bug me a bunch too. Yelobird what's the deadline to order the pile mod and spinner mod?

#6470 6 years ago

Finished all my mods.

20171112_091648 (resized).jpg20171112_091648 (resized).jpg

20171112_090315 (resized).jpg20171112_090315 (resized).jpg

20171112_090247 (resized).jpg20171112_090247 (resized).jpg

20171112_090126 (resized).jpg20171112_090126 (resized).jpg

20171112_090110 (resized).jpg20171112_090110 (resized).jpg

#6471 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mod Couple are very professional - packaging, instructions all top notch. Got the Atomic Pile installed over the weekend. Was a little worried about the look of the 3D printed stuff, as I'm not usually a fan of 3D print (ridges/lines/flat looking), but this has come up a treat. Looks stock and such a HUGE improvement on the Fluro Perspex/pop bumper Stern model. Thanks again Mod2.

Probably one of the coolest mods for the game. Everyone made fun of the "useless lazy susan" at launch (not me)...its going to be one of the most creative toys, and really stands out as a nice centerpiece w Yelobird mods. A great, great, interactive area of the playfield, and will only get better as Lyman perfects the code.......

(I really enjoy the shaker, btw)...

#6472 6 years ago

Doc...here's my connections for the PRE beacon. First pic is the connector Stern put on the end of the power cord directly wired to the beacon. Second pic shows the other end connector. Final pic is the 5 pin connector it plugs into on one of the 3 boards. Hope these help.

IMAG0681 (resized).jpgIMAG0681 (resized).jpg
IMAG0682 (resized).jpgIMAG0682 (resized).jpg
IMAG0683 (resized).jpgIMAG0683 (resized).jpg

#6473 6 years ago

Are any of you guys actually playing the game on .81! It rocks.

Anybody else notice the "bat boat" driving across the screen? Looks awesome. Just had a really good game, got through Cat woman and Joker and captured Riddler prematurely.

Also, on my second multi ball award Steve Ritchie is standing on the pier for a split second!

#6474 6 years ago

Well, my game arrived today...

IMG_3981 (resized).JPGIMG_3981 (resized).JPG

#6475 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Finished all my mods.

Love that right ramp Hank! Amazing!

#6476 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Oh shit!

#6477 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Damn.... It was a NIB Bearcat?

#6478 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

F*ck that!

#6479 6 years ago

Yep, new and the box looked perfect. Bummer. First clue was when I had to wrestle it to line up the head bolts...

#6480 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Yep, new and the box looked perfect. Bummer. First clue was when I had to wrestle it to line up the head bolts...

Time for an immediate replacement....distro call tomorrow, for sure...bummer!!!

#6481 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

So fu***ng painful to see that honestly, just hope that your distributor moves fast and you can get a replacement asap!

#6482 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are any of you guys actually playing the game on .81! It rocks.
Anybody else notice the "bat boat" driving across the screen? Looks awesome. Just had a really good game, got through Cat woman and Joker and captured Riddler prematurely.
Also, on my second multi ball award Steve Ritchie is standing on the pier for a split second!

This code is soooo much of an improvement/ upgrade. Machine is a blast....been playing the hell out of it past few days....

#6483 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody else notice the "bat boat" driving across the screen?

Yep! Even seen Batgirl ride across a time or two. Wish Lyman would slow them down a bit so you can see them better. Really like the directions on the LCD telling you what to shoot when continuing through the major villain levels. .81 rocks!

#6484 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

The exact same thing happened to me but my distributor was able to get me a new cabinet from Stern. It took awhile for the new cabinet to arrive and the swap was kinda of a pain, but no problems since.

Good luck and hang in there.

#6485 6 years ago

Yep! Even seen Batgirl ride across a time or two. Wish Lyman would slow them down a bit so you can see them better. Really like the directions on the LCD telling you what to shoot when continuing through the major villain levels. .81 rocks!

Have you seen the Batgirl animation without having seen the Batgirl pretzel video in the current or prior game?

#6486 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

That really sucks.

Stern should send us all the cabinet reinforcement hardware they put on Star Wars. And start using better cabinets again.

(What was the build date of your game?)

#6487 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Have you seen the Batgirl animation without having seen the Batgirl pretzel video in the current or prior game?

Don't remember seeing the pretzel clip. If it was on the LCD I missed it.

#6488 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Crap that S*&Ks. That to me looks definitely dropped Somewhere along the way. I sadly know this because I dropped a game and the exact same thing happened. NOT saying to do this but it is actually a fairly easy repair Provided your distributor or Stern can make it Really worth your while!!! If say they gave you a $750 ish refund I personally would just fix it but Not for less then $500 depending on your financial situation. Dribble high strength carpenters glue down the seam and be prepared with a helper to install at Least 4 wood clamps and block to protect at the corners. Clean with a damp cloth as you clamp and it will be invisible. Especially since the decals were not harmed. Again, I would not do Anything until you see what they will offer to make this blunder right!!! $500 refund Plus a New complete decal set which you could flip to a Premium user for $700 might make the pain lesson. lol Just trying to find a positive in this tragedy. Poor beautiful Batman...

#6489 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably one of the coolest mods for the game. Everyone made fun of the "useless lazy susan" at launch (not me)...its going to be one of the most creative toys, and really stands out as a nice centerpiece w yelobird mods. A great, great, interactive area of the playfield, and will only get better as Lyman perfects the code.......
(I really enjoy the shaker, btw)...

Quoted from cooked71:

I was totally fine with the pile and spinner until I saw the pics of it installed. Now I'm a somewhat sad panda. The phone and TV still bug me a bunch too. yelobird what's the deadline to order the pile mod and spinner mod?

We REALLY can't thank everyone enough for the feedback and kind words. Truth be told, I Convinced my wife (stay at home mom) that she would enjoy sharing her creative talents and with my access to basically Any high tech manufacturing equipment those creations could become real! While she won't admit it she gets all emotional and proud when she reads your feedback. When and we do, make a mistake or delay she as do I feel bad that we let down a supporter. Thanks again and sorry for the mushy response but it really is uplifting to feel like we are doing something in a hobby we Both enjoy that others appreciate! If we ever let you down, let us know. If you have a creative thought or suggestion we always listen. Thank you all!

To #Brewinbombers, we agree on the phone. So not the right fit for this game with or without the Atomic Pile. While we do not plan to offer a kit we do plan to do a write up using the support #Doc has already provided so each of you can create your own Proper Bat Phone addition with direction and what you need to get. The Stern dog toy will go to our Bulldog for minutes of tasty fun!

The Mod Couple

#6490 6 years ago

Doc...here's my connections for the PRE beacon. First pic is the connector Stern put on the end of the power cord directly wired to the beacon. Second pic shows the other end connector. Final pic is the 5 pin connector it plugs into on one of the 3 boards. Hope these help.

Does the board mounted under your beacon have a 3 pin connector on CN3 that has a red and yellow wire on it?

If so, I think that one is the signal to toggle the projector on and off. If you have a voltmeter it should be easy to check. It should read 5 volts dc when beacon lights and 0 volts when its off.

I ordered all my parts today so hopefully I will get everything in by the weekend to start building them.

#6491 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Thats is painful to see on a brand new game but I'm sure your dist and Stern will take care of it for you. Its too bad Batman66 didn't get the better corner braces that the later games now have. Can exisitng owners buy the new brackets to retrofit on older games?

#6492 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the board mounted under your beacon have a 3 pin connector on CN3 that has a red and yellow wire on it?
If so, I think that one is the signal to toggle the projector on and off. If you have a voltmeter it should be easy to check. It should read 5 volts dc when beacon lights and 0 volts when its off.
I ordered all my parts today so hopefully I will get everything in by the weekend to start building them.

And unless a line has already formed I call DIbbs on being your first customer!!! lol

#6493 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And unless a line has already formed I call DIbbs on being your first customer!!! lol

Lets just hope my dog doesnt get a hold of my incoming parts before I do.

#6494 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes!

#6495 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lets just hope my dog doesnt get a hold of my incoming parts before I do.

I got you covered with the package I'm re-sending you tomorrow. lol

#6496 6 years ago

i used a 1/8”thicker spacer for clearance on mine.

AC18EF6E-22A4-44C1-B8DC-35CC18195D13 (resized).jpegAC18EF6E-22A4-44C1-B8DC-35CC18195D13 (resized).jpeg
BCFB4042-37CE-4947-BA6F-E8E64D9BD4C8 (resized).jpegBCFB4042-37CE-4947-BA6F-E8E64D9BD4C8 (resized).jpeg

#6497 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats is painful to see on a brand new game but I'm sure your dist and Stern will take care of it for you. Its too bad Batman66 didn't get the better corner braces that the later games now have. Can exisitng owners buy the new brackets to retrofit on older games?

Pretty sure yes...mines fine so far, but ordering a set of the stronger Williams ones tomorrow to keep it that way

#6498 6 years ago

Played some batman with new code yesterday and wauw this game has really become a fun machine, with nice little touches, perfect use of the clips, call outs... Looks like a winner machine!

#6499 6 years ago

I was flooded from Hurricane Harvey with 2 feet of water. We were out of town, but my kids were in the habit of keeping bean bag chairs under our BM66 for storage. This luckily created a floating barge/seal that lifted and protected the game just enough to keep the water off the cabinet. Thank heavens for little things.

Unfortunately all my BM66 paperwork was flooded including the replacement stickers for game targets. I've emailed stern a few times but received no reply. Does anyone know where I can get replacement stickers?

Also, the rubber gasket behind the Commissioner Gordon shot has totally disintegrated. Does anyone know what replacement part that is and how to remove the Commissioner Gordon shot target to replace it?

BM_Flooded (resized).jpgBM_Flooded (resized).jpg

#6500 6 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

I was flooded from Hurricane Harvey with 2 feet of water. We were out of town, but my kids were in the habit of keeping bean bag chairs under our BM66 for storage. This luckily created a floating barge/seal that lifted and protected the game just enough to keep the water off the cabinet. Thank heavens for little things.
Unfortunately all my BM66 paperwork was flooded including the replacement stickers for game targets. I've emailed stern a few times but received no reply. Does anyone know where I can get replacement stickers?
Also, the rubber gasket behind the Commissioner Gordon shot has totally disintegrated. Does anyone know what replacement part that is and how to remove the Commissioner Gordon shot target to replace it?

SOOO sorry to see this for you, your family, and more importantly your Home! The game will live on but the horror you have to clean and contend with moving forward is tragic. Sorry and best to you and the family. Stern will get them or I'm sure other resources like Pinball Life can get them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/130?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.