IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 374.
#6351 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But couldn't find anything on hit sensitivity. The crane switch works when the spring touches the metal hole that the spring goes through at the bottom of the end of the crane arm, thereby closing the switch. Given you cant seem to soften the spring tension, the only way I can imagine you can improve the sensitivity is to make the hole smaller, or the spring larger. You could get some conductive tape and wrap it around the spring - not sure this would work but worth a try. You could also somehow make a smaller ring to make the hole smaller - like a cliffy magnet protector.

Yeah its a simple switch design, which is why I think the manual just shows you the schematics of how it goes together, because there isn't a switch as such. When my BDK stopped registering a good % of hits, I used the manual to take it apart and if I remember correctly found the plate that the spring attaches to had shifted slightly, put it all back together and it worked perfectly again. Unfortunately the manual is more of a how to take it apart and put it back together guide rather than here is how you fix it.

#6353 6 years ago

Just asked Jack and Mike on the stream if they could ask Lyman if he could replace the BDK crane sounds with the Penguin's "Quack" to crane hits. Mike said he would mention it to Lyman so fingers crossed, he likes the idea and can add it.

#6354 6 years ago

Received Doc's parachute van today! Gotta say this thing is AWESOME!! Very nicely finished. Looks factory and the packaging and header card are a great touch. Thanks again!!

IMAG0673 (resized).jpgIMAG0673 (resized).jpg

#6355 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

sneak peak of .81 code coming out tuesday..
https://go.twitch.tv/dead_flip

Wait...aren't we running .81 code now? Is it an in depth look at features we haven't uncovered yet?

#6356 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait...aren't we running .81 code now? Is it an in depth look at features we haven't uncovered yet?

No it was the current code released this past week. Not sure where the confusion came from but I asked Jack & Mike and they confirmed it was the same code that was released publicly.

#6357 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea, sorry, i missed the .81 release this past Tuesday..

#6358 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No it was the current code released this past week. Not sure where the confusion came from but I asked Jack & Mike and they confirmed it was the same code that was released publicly.

Cool..still like to see the video of someone good getting through it. The game has really progressed. I'm nowhere near getting through it w new code yet....quite fun, and some classic clips and callouts.......polish looking great!!!!

#6359 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Cool..still like to see the video of someone good getting through it. The game has really progressed. I'm nowhere near getting through it w new code yet....quite fun, and some classic clips and callouts.......polish looking great!!!!

Jack and Mike especially got some nice action going in some of the modes, I managed to ask Mike if he could mention to Lyman about adding the Penguins Quack to crane hits, which Mike said he would mention to him.

Also asked about Villain Vision taunts but unfortunately Mike didn’t know anything about that and couldn’t answer, said BM66 was announced about 2 months before he started at Stern so want fully aware of what was promised/announced.

Really hope they get Villain Vision taunts in the finished code.

#6360 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Jack and Mike especially got some nice action going in some of the modes, I managed to ask Mike if he could mention to Lyman about adding the Penguins Quack to crane hits, which Mike said he would mention to him.
Also asked about Villain Vision taunts but unfortunately Mike didn’t know anything about that and couldn’t answer, said BM66 was announced about 2 months before he started at Stern so want fully aware of what was promised/announced.
Really hope they get Villain Vision taunts in the finished code.

Villian Vision adds the "wow" factor that no current game has...it's my #1 hope in coding

#6361 6 years ago

Villain vision taunts would have to be before you actually start a villain since that's the only time the TV is facing (other than during multiball when the TV is already used). Unfortunate they can't taint u from the TV when you are actually fighting them.

Maybe if if the particular villain taunts u each time you hit his/her particular shot before they are activated. I.e., hit cat woman ramp when trying to qualify and she taunts you. Hit penguin scoop and he taunts you etc.

#6362 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Villain vision taunts would have to be before you actually start a villain since that's the only time the TV is facing (other than during multiball when the TV is already used). Unfortunate they can't taint u from the TV when you are actually fighting them.
Maybe if if the particular villain taunts u each time you hit his/her particular shot before they are activated. I.e., hit cat woman ramp when trying to qualify and she taunts you. Hit penguin scoop and he taunts you etc.

Because of the location of the TV, I believe Villain Vision would most likely be for the minor villains only.

#6363 6 years ago

Huge thanks to Doc on the Batmobile Parachute pickup van!!!! Looks AWESOME and his attention to detail from package to product is spot on! I installed it front and center replacing the bland Stern ball diverter metal plate which looked completely out of place. (Granted I have yet to ever see a ball travel up there?) Thanks again Doc, a work of art and effort.

IMG_9743 (resized).jpgIMG_9743 (resized).jpg

IMG_9744 (resized).jpgIMG_9744 (resized).jpg

#6364 6 years ago

I think that's the best place for the van. Anyone have a different opinion?

#6365 6 years ago

Been meaning to ask the group....balls coming out of the right orbit, slow to medium speed, do they mostly hit the top edge of the slingshot plastic or do the balls typically feed nicely to the right flipper bat?

Fast shots definitely feed the flipper, but most other shots on my pin will hit the top of the slingshot quite consistently. Wondering if that’s normal on BM66 or do I need to bend the ball guide out?

#6366 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Huge thanks to Doc on the Batmobile Parachute pickup van!!!! Looks AWESOME and his attention to detail from package to product is spot on! I installed it front and center replacing the bland Stern ball diverter metal plate which looked completely out of place. (Granted I have yet to ever see a ball travel up there?) Thanks again Doc, a work of art and effort.

Glad you like it! Getting parts together now for my bat signal projector mod for LE and Premium owners. Stay tuned!

Quoted from jfh:

I think that's the best place for the van. Anyone have a different opinion?

I came up with the parachute pickup van idea to as a way to replace that boring metal plate with something more theme appropriate but would still block the ball. I've had the ball hop up on the plastic a few times during game play so having something there is practical.

#6367 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just asked Jack and Mike on the stream if they could ask Lyman if he could replace the BDK crane sounds with the Penguin's "Quack" to crane hits. Mike said he would mention it to Lyman so fingers crossed, he likes the idea and can add it.

4 downvotes? I politely asked because I thought it was something as owners we wanted from the original idea getting 20 upvotes

Seems reasonable to politely ask/request a sfx change that would better immerse the player and add to theme integration, the crane hit sound is very BDK in its sound.

#6368 6 years ago

Confused. Don't see 4 down votes. (I had fat fingered a down vote, now corrected).

It's a great idea and sure it will happen even if Lyman doesn't do it.

#6369 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Confused. Don't see 4 down votes. (I had fat fingered a down vote, now corrected).
It's a great idea and sure it will happen even if Lyman doesn't do it.

Yeah weird they have all removed now except Chuck but he’s an odd ball at the best of time.

I just thought it odd, as I only asked because of the upvotes the initial idea got, anyway on the positive side of it, I think Mike will pass it on, he was cool with the idea and seemed like he genuinely didn’t mind mentioning it to Lyman so fingers crossed.

Mike and Jack where both awesome on last nights stream answering questions about BM66 and GOTG, can’t priase them enough, they where very interactive answering what they could, great stream!

#6370 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Been meaning to ask the group....balls coming out of the right orbit, slow to medium speed, do they mostly hit the top edge of the slingshot plastic or do the balls typically feed nicely to the right flipper bat?
Fast shots definitely feed the flipper, but most other shots on my pin will hit the top of the slingshot quite consistently. Wondering if that’s normal on BM66 or do I need to bend the ball guide out?

Coming down the right orbit, next to the riddler scoop, I have to give it an Iron Man style nudge to get a clean feed to the flipper. It always clips some part of the sling rubber if I don't - but NEVER the plastic. If your ball is hitting the plastic, you need to adjust the sling plastic somehow.

#6371 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Coming down the right orbit, next to the riddler scoop, I have to give it an Iron Man style nudge to get a clean feed to the flipper. It always clips some part of the sling rubber if I don't - but NEVER the plastic. If your ball is hitting the plastic, you need to adjust the sling plastic somehow.

Sorry, that's what I meant, it always clips/hits the top of slingshot rubber. Not plastic itself
Ok, so that seems to be the geometry then. Not a clean feed to flipper.
Thanks.

#6372 6 years ago

Can anyone with a Premium tell me exactly what brand of SD card is in their machine? I'm away from mine and want to pick up a spare SD card for backup purposes. Thanks!

#6373 6 years ago

Is the twitch.tv stream archived? If so, I can't figure out how to find it.

#6374 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If your talking about the stream from last night Jack might not have uploaded it yet.

#6375 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/188990210

#6376 6 years ago

With everyone Finally enjoying the steady stream of code updates i wanted to provide a product update from The Mod Couple. Due to many feedback requests (and Appreciated!) we have decided to also offer the Custom Batcave Spinner with hand Pinstrip as an Ala-cart. The Batcave Spinner upgrade is still offered as previous and if you wish simply add the Clear Custom pinstrip disk as an upgrade if that is your preference. The Batcave Spinner upgrade kit is still $29.50 free shipping. If you wish to add the Custom Clear disk option that would be $12.25 extra. $41.75 total for the kit. If you prefer to Only purchase the Spinner Disk (includes the Diamond Plate decal!) the cost is $17.25 free shipping. With this setup you can choose what you like. Thanks to All again for the feedback and interest in our products. It is wonderful to know your efforts are appreciated and we hope to continue to impress as we move forward! PM for interest or purchase. All items are currently IN Stock and ready to ship.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9746 (resized).jpgIMG_9746 (resized).jpg

IMG_9724 (resized).jpgIMG_9724 (resized).jpg

#6377 6 years ago

So the $17.25 option is for the clear, pinstriped disc with the decal correct? I already purchased the previous $29.50 upgrade. Just curious why those who already purchased the spinner upgrade pay $5 more if they want the clear disc option?

#6378 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

So the $17.25 option is for the clear, pinstriped disc with the decal correct? I already purchased the previous $29.50 upgrade. Just curious why those who already purchased the spinner upgrade pay $5 more if they want the clear disc option?

Thank you for that note and input. You are 100% correct and I apologies for not including that in my write up. Yes, if we have you listed as previously purchasing the Batcave Spinner rock set upgrade you will only pay $12.25 for the disk. Sorry for missing that point. For the record, the reason the stand alone disk costs more seperate is because the print Diamondplate decal, box, and shipping is already included in the Base Spinner kit. Since the Disk stand alone needs to Also come with those items we need to cover costs. Hope this makes sense.

The Mod Couple

#6379 6 years ago

Yep makes sense now! Thank you for the clarification.

#6380 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With everyone Finally enjoying the steady stream of code updates i wanted to provide a product update from The Mod Couple. Due to many feedback requests (and Appreciated!) we have decided to also offer the Custom Batcave Spinner with hand Pinstrip as an Ala-cart.
The Mod Couple

Awesome, now I can finally make my order

pm sent

#6381 6 years ago

I had my first air ball off the Batgirl plastic to the outlane today. Really sucked, as it was on Ball 3 on a good game.

Fortunately, Doc's Parachute Pickup van arrived today.

#6382 6 years ago

Love all the mods, they are great! Tired of F ing talking about them and installing them.

But gotta say, BM66 is coming together VERY nicely!

I have to tell myself again that "In Lyman we trust" because sometimes the patience meter wears a little thin.

And this pin is becoming my FAVORITE PIN guys.

Can you imagine what it will be on Dec code?

It's Lyman genius.

#6383 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Love all the mods, they are great! Tired of F ing talking about them and installing them.
I have to tell myself again that "In Lyman we trust" because sometimes the patience meter wears a little thin.
It's Lyman genius.

Hey! Lyman paid me to keep all of you busy working under the hood of your game to run interference while he works on his masterpiece! lol So agree with you on Favorite. While I am biased simply loving the theme alone the animations, shot combinations, and depth potential of this title for me makes it a top 5 favorite for sure. Remarkably I only have to ask my wife one time if she wants to play and as long as it's Batman she is in! Even after sitting at a bench assembling parts all day she still loves the game! Lol

#6384 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's Lyman genius.

LOVE THIS PIN!!!!

#6385 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm really loving the new code.
What a world of difference 5 months of coding did for this machine.

With the time between releases, it is obvious Lyman was not devoted to this code full time given he only went from version .80 to .81. (Sarcasm LOL)

#6386 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

With the time between releases, it is obvious Lyman was not devoted to this code full time given he only went from version .80 to .81. (Sarcasm LOL)

Also... that last time release frame will be a problem for the next Vireland’s graph

#6387 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Also... that last time release frame will be a problem for the next Vireland’s graph

Hopefully we can leave that retired and BM'66 really does get feature complete by the end of the year.

#6388 6 years ago

Playing Penguin and got to a point in the mode where Bruce Wayne gets captured in the net in Penguins' workshop. To help him escape you have to hit the gadget targets 3 times. Just as per the episode where he uses a gadget (actually a cigarette lighter in the episode I think) to escape the net before he falls in the incinerator. Brilliant.

#6389 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Playing Penguin and got to a point in the mode where Bruce Wayne gets captured in the net in Penguins' workshop. To help him escape you have to hit the gadget targets 3 times. Just as per the episode where he uses a gadget (actually a cigarette lighter in the episode I think) to escape the net before he falls in the incinerator. Brilliant.

Whoa!!! Ive gotten to that episode, but never completed....think I'll focus on that tonight...alot going on now, trying to get a grip on the multipliers as of late..

#6390 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Lyman has rally tried to capture the felling of "playing the show". After escaping the incinerator the next continue involves Penguin using his penguin magnet ("Holy Loadstone" as Robin says) to capture the duo via the metal objects in their utility belt. So we get to see some use of the magnet in that part of the mode. Really cool integration.

#6391 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

After escaping the incinerator the next continue involves Penguin using his penguin magnet to capture the duo via the metal objects in their utility belt. So we get to see some use of the magnet in that part of the mode. Really cool integration.

I love the fact Lyman hasnt isolated the modes to their specific shots (something I think BDK suffered from) and has instead incorporated other areas of the playfield in the various modes.

If it doesn’t already exist deeper in the code, I would love to see more of this especially in the Wizard Modes, is it Villain Escape that features all villains?

Have the magnet (joker) catch a ball, crane (penguin) comes out to block the magnet shot, new ball added, now you have to hit the captive ball off the magnet like in ST with the vengeance, but hits to the crane don’t move it in this stage of the mode, ramp shots (cat woman) move the crane but the catch is the villains don’t play fair so a left ramp shot moves the crane one spot to the right, right ramp shots move it to the left (inverted shots - a twist on inverted flippers), once the ball is off the magnet MB starts and the crane then moves to block mode shots and jackpots while the magnet is also active to fight back.

Not sure what purpose the orbits (Riddler) would have, other than maybe an orbit shot sweeping the crane far left or far right (home position) clearing the way for combos and multiple shots/jackpots or have riddler shots active/deactivate SJP at the scoop??

It would just feel great actually battling all 4 areas (villains) of the playfield, having to set them up to get your shot/s in, while they are all working against you.

#6392 6 years ago

OK,I asked 2 days ago if anyone got Penguin magnet mode! Thought I might have gotten too stoned and misunderstood what I saw!!

#6393 6 years ago

Installing speaker mod and my wiring does not match the picture. Black and red are reversed from the picture.

Am I okay to turn it on?

20171111_112453 (resized).jpg20171111_112453 (resized).jpg

#6394 6 years ago

Instruction picture.

20171111_112946 (resized).jpg20171111_112946 (resized).jpg

#6395 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Instruction picture.

Just send me a PM for questions to help you quickly. Yes, for some goofy reason my previous supplier of that Spike cable flipped a coin on which color wire to install in that harness. lol You will be fine as my plugs are keyed from that point. PM me if you have any trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

#6396 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just send me a PM for questions to help you quickly. Yes, for some goofy reason my previous supplier of that Spike cable flipped a coin on which color wire to install in that harness. lol You will be fine as my plugs are keyed from that point. PM me if you have any trouble. Sorry for the confusion.

I wanted to get an answer quick, but will PM you. So I assume the Grey on the top is okay and that's the power.

#6397 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I wanted to get an answer quick, but will PM you. So I assume the Grey on the top is okay and that's the power.

I sent you a PM.

#6398 6 years ago

My connector was flipped also. Just make sure the black wire is connected to the ground.

#6399 6 years ago

Had some fun with PB today based on a great idea from this thread. Think it turned out cool. At least until it hopefully gets written into the code.

#6400 6 years ago

.81 makes a big difference. I still have lots of sound level issues though. Fewer, but still many.

I like the idea of shooting the GADGET targets as a shot because that just sends the ball into crazy town.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 34.99
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/128?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.