IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 374.
#6301 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Crane hits needs to loose that BDK sound effect and be replaced with Penguins quack when I hit the crane I want to know I’ve hit him and hear his reaction, was always great in the show when he would get annoyed with batman and go into quacking frenzy

The more I think about this the more right you are! Would love to hear some Penguin quacks. Wouldn't be hard at all to add with PB though.

#6302 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I mix Zach and Josh, but one is Stern Marketing and I think the other works at Raw Thrills which does video games.

Everyone mixes us up ... Zach gets called Josh at Stern a dozen times per day.
I've also had our distributors at Raw Thrills call me Zach far too often

#6303 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Crane hits needs to loose that BDK sound effect and be replaced with Penguins quack when I hit the crane I want to know I’ve hit him and hear his reaction, was always great in the show when he would get annoyed with batman and go into quacking frenzy

Great idea!

#6304 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

The more I think about this the more right you are! Would love to hear some Penguin quacks. Wouldn't be hard at all to add with PB though.

There are a bunch of great penguin quacking/grunting/cackling type sounds in the code already so you just need to copy them and assign them to the crane sound sfx.

I really like the fixes and polish in this new update. Having instrctions on what to shoot next on the villain cliffhangers is great.

Lyman did a great job linking the shots to the video clips. For example with Catwoman, the clips show he needs to get his "Bat Claws" out to climb up the wall so to complete that you need to hit the flashing Gadgets shot. The he needs to run to the open doorway to escape the tiger so it tells you to hit the ball into the scoop hole.

I like playing quick games so its nice to be able to attack the game different non linear ways. For example I can just play a game and try to do all the Catwoman scenes. Next game I just try to go for Bat Turn as many times as possible etc. When I had Star Trek I felt all the modes were too similar so the variety just wasnt there.

#6305 6 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Everyone mixes us up ... Zach gets called Josh at Stern a dozen times per day.
I've also had our distributors at Raw Thrills call me Zach far too often

LOL thats funny. You guys dont even look.that much alike so it shouldnt be so confusing for people.

Did Raw Thrills make that Batman Driving game a few years ago? That thing was awesome. Whenever I played it I would always pick the 1966 Batmobile as my car. Wish there was a PS4 VR version of that game.

#6306 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did Raw Thrills make that Batman Driving game a few years ago? That thing was awesome. Whenever I played it I would always pick the 1966 Batmobile as my car. Wish there was a PS4 VR version of that game.

We sure did!

http://rawthrills.com/games/batman/

#6307 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quite possibly the best idea I've ever seen posted and suggested!!!! I haven't gotten deep into penguin mode yet, are there any of his signature quack/cackles in yet? If not, having it for the crane hit would be genius!

#6308 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Quite possibly the best idea I've ever seen posted and suggested!!!! I haven't gotten deep into penguin mode yet, are there any of his signature quack/cackles in yet? If not, having it for the crane hit would be genius!

Yup. So you know if Lyman doesn't do it, it'll be one of the first pinball browser changes though I don't want to bother with anything in in PB until the code is essentially finished.

#6309 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. So you know if Lyman doesn't do it, it'll be one of the first pinball browser changes though I don't want to bother with anything in in PB until the code is essentially finished.

Something tells me if an idea gets enough upvotes and positive responses it will be looked at

#6310 6 years ago

Anyone know if the riddler mode can be continued like the others? Every time i play it i can't continue it like i can with the other 3. Have i missed something?

#6311 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Anyone know if the riddler mode can be continued like the others? Every time i play it i can't continue it like i can with the other 3. Have i missed something?

I had the same problem on .80 but I haven’t played the update yet. I thought I might have hit the wrong shot or didn’t solve the riddle.

#6312 6 years ago

I would think the "quack" is a given when you hit the crane?

#6313 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would think the "quack" is a given when you hit the crane?

Don’t assume anything is the lesson I have learnt over the years, sometimes the most simple of things can be over looked when the focus is on incorporating more complex ideas.

I can tell you this thread is being read and looked at which is why I think it’s in all of our best interests to upvote ideas we like as a group of owners as much as possible to make them standout as something we like and would want.

#6314 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t assume anything is the lesson I have learnt over the years, sometimes the most simple of things can be over looked when the focus is on incorporating more complex ideas.
I can tell you this thread is being read and looked at which is why I think it’s in all of our best interests to upvote ideas we like as a group of owners as much as possible to make them standout as something we like and would want.

Yeah, progressively more frantic quacks as you complete each of the purple points on the playfield would be pretty cool. Just a single quack the first time, then more then a frenzy of quacks on the last one.

#6315 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Still has problems not lighting the yellow arrows at ball launch for the super skill shot sometimes.

I thought that but it doesn't

there are two skill shot modes. yellow when you have a villain running and villain colours when you don't, its a quick way to start a villain mode.

#6316 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

yeah same happened to me.

#6317 6 years ago

I think the update is superb. The polish is really starting to show and the sound was so much better.

Just need to get better at hitting the commissioner gordon target, struggle with it!

Neil.

#6318 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think the update is superb. The polish is really starting to show and the sound was so much better.
Just need to get better at hitting the commissioner gordon target, struggle with it!
Neil.

Have the West call outs been leveled out a bit?

#6319 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Yes, the sound balance is MUCH better in 0.81.

#6320 6 years ago

I just loaded .81. Upload went smoothly again, whew! It’s always a pucker time because I fear the dreaded node board failure. This version is nicely polished compared to .80. I asked about the callout volume earlier. As Vireland said, it’s much better. Many of West’s call outs are still rough, but I think that was just the state of his voice when he recorded them. I think Burt’s are better.

I was able to progress through 3 mode continue options on Catwoman. I didn’t pay attention to the graphics though. Joker is a lot better now and though it does still show that odd belt closeup in one place, there’s also a cool looking Joker toy doll after progressing past the belt which is pretty fast.

By the way what is the goal of multiball? Is it just points? I played it a couple of times and all lights seemed to stay the same (green ?) no matter what I shot. It did stack with a mode though, so I got a little ways through Joker with it....I think. It would be nice to win some gadget hardware in multiball.

Okay, so most of the main villain meat is in the game, outside of Riddler, and it’s much deeper now. I hope we still get some cool stuff added outside of the four main villains. A lot more gadget / batbelt stuff would be nice. There’s a little bit in the game but I want more added and more obvious rather than random. At present you have to hit the flashing gadget row to progress at one point, I think I saw that in Joker mode. It would be nice if we could see various gadgets collected and maybe select one to put in play periodically based upon what was used in the series at that moment. Perhaps that might be too time consuming though.

I’m also hopeful that Minor Villains implementation can also add a little more variety to the game. I like what’s there but I fear it could become chopping wood over time if we’re almost constantly in one of those four main villain modes. I think some whimsical things outside of the main villain modes would help.

#6321 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I’m also hopeful that Minor Villains implementation can also add a little more variety to the game. I like what’s there but I fear it could become chopping wood over time if we’re almost constantly in one of those four main villain modes. I think some whimsical things outside of the main villain modes would help.

Maybe that's where the TV modes and Season inserts will come in to add some mode variety, plus another gameplay activated mode like Bat-Turn would be great, bat climb has been suggested and that would be cool! I guess the Bat signal insert and Batman insert are going to be utilised for wizard modes.

I am pretty intrigued what Lyman has in store with the minor villains, the quote direct from the Stern Union update referenced the minor villains as "very unique and innovative rules", if they do in fact at some sort of perk the minor villains could help add a little variety to the main villains by effecting gameplay.

#6322 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe that's where the TV modes and Season inserts will come in to add some mode variety, plus another gameplay activated mode like Bat-Turn would be great, bat climb has been suggested and that would be cool! I guess the Bat signal insert and Batman insert are going to be utilised for wizard modes.
I am pretty intrigued what Lyman has in store with the minor villains, the quote direct from the Stern Union update referenced the minor villains as "very unique and innovative rules", if they do in fact at some sort of perk the minor villains could help add a little variety to the main villains by effecting gameplay.

I want all of this, but what I really want is BATGIRL!!

This game absolutely has to have a Batgirl mode ... at least complete a Batgirl transformation sequence like To The Batpoles/To the Commissioner. Maybe something could trigger a second orange lights sequence to add Batgirl somewhere in a villan mode or call Batgirl instead of the dynamic duo. Use the same logic for the shots, just call different clips.

Gotta get more than the one reference to Batgirl in the game and really got to find a place for the Batgirl theme.

Maybe "completing" Season 3 (whatever that means) triggers Batgirl mode for one of the Penguin episodes ("Enter Batgirl")

#6323 6 years ago

I know everyone's excited with the new code, which is a lot better IMO. But, I REALLY need your help regarding the batmobile spinner mechanism. When I first got the game, the batmobile would spin like a crazy person! Now, it doesn't turn that well. When I examined it, it looks like the spinner table is raised slightly above the PF and my ball(s) are getting stuck under the atomic pile because of it. Is it supposed to be like that? I can push on it, and it does have some "bounce" but it stays in the same "raised" position. I recently found an "e" clip underneath the PF and have not been able to find where it came from and wonder if that has anything to do with it. And, again my spinner just doesn't spin like it use to! Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've attached a picture and hope it helps!

20171108_143432 (resized).jpg20171108_143432 (resized).jpg

#6324 6 years ago

The turntable is supposed to be level. It's a little difficult to do, but makes a huge difference.

As for the Batmobile spinner, it sounds like something is binding or interfering with it underneath the playfield.

#6325 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

By the way what is the goal of multiball? Is it just points? I played it a couple of times and all lights seemed to stay the same (green ?) no matter what I shot.

Yep; just shoot the green arrows for points. Shoot 15 of them and the turntable turns to the pile for SJP. It's nice to have a shot multiplier on that SJP when you hit it. SJP as of .75 was supposed to also Add-a-ball, but it never did. I'm unsure if that's still the plan.

#6326 6 years ago

Is it just me or did they remove Batgirl from the intro screen on the latest update?

#6327 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yep; just shoot the green arrows for points. Shoot 15 of them and the turntable turns to the pile for SJP. It's nice to have a shot multiplier on that SJP when you hit it. SJP as of .75 was supposed to also Add-a-ball, but it never did. I'm unsure if that's still the plan.

Okay thanks! I did see the turntable move positions near the end, but I doubt I ever hit the SJP. I was just flailing around trying to keep the balls in play and then I noticed that the scoop was flashing end of Joker mode. Given the new depth of the villain modes it seems like we'll most likely get to multiball before we complete more than 2 villains. It would be cool if we could collect some batbelt mojo out of it.

#6328 6 years ago

Is it just me or did they remove Batgirl from the intro screen on the latest update?

You woundn't see Batgirl on the opening screen in the first game following an update because the flag set indicating whether Batgirl was seen in a previous game would have been reset.

#6329 6 years ago

My penguin crane is not registering most hits. Any tips on adjusting the sensitivity of it? thanks.

#6330 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

My penguin crane is not registering most hits. Any tips on adjusting the sensitivity of it? thanks.

Download the BDK manual it has a detailed page on crane adjustments.

#6331 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You woundn't see Batgirl on the opening screen in the first game following an update because the flag set indicating whether Batgirl was seen in a previous game would have been reset.

I'm confused. I'm referring to Batgirl riding across the screen during the show intro that plays during attract mode. After the new update 0.81.0 she no longer appears.

#6332 6 years ago

I'm confused. I'm referring to Batgirl riding across the screen during the show intro that plays during attract mode. After the new update 0.81.0 she no longer appears.

I think he's saying that because of the new code, everything in the game was reset. Similar to how the volume is reset to the default volume, and "free play" is reset so you have to pay (the 2 things I always change after each update).

Batgirl is reset until you complete the in-game specifics that make her show up on the TV screen. I never looked for it myself, so I'm not sure what you need to do, but apparently, if you did the right things in the 0.80 software, there would be a clip of Batgirl (please correct me if I'm wrong), and if this clip was successfully reached, she would also appear in the attract mode.

But because the game was reset with 0.81, you will need to redo the requirements to get her to appear in attract mode again.

#6333 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I think he's saying that because of the new code, everything in the game was reset. Similar to how the volume is reset to the default volume, and "free play" is reset so you have to pay (the 2 things I always change after each update).
Batgirl is reset until you complete the in-game specifics that make her show up on the TV screen. I never looked for it myself, so I'm not sure what you need to do, but apparently, if you did the right things in the 0.80 software, there would be a clip of Batgirl (please correct me if I'm wrong), and if this clip was successfully reached, she would also appear in the attract mode.
But because the game was reset with 0.81, you will need to redo the requirements to get her to appear in attract mode again.

In 0.80 code I dont think she pop'ed up in attract mode until after you did the villain escape.

#6334 6 years ago

That's a fun idea that attract mode changes based on in-game achievements.

#6335 6 years ago

Thank you guys for clearing that up. Had no idea you had to achieve a goal to get her to appear. Pretty cool!

#6336 6 years ago

BrewinBombers,I was in that Green mode and mine did start a ad-a-ball! Couldn't reproduce it so I don't know exactly what order I hit targets in!!

#6337 6 years ago

Add-a-ball is the first mystery award (I think every other award actually) at the Riddler saucer in Villain Multiball.

#6338 6 years ago

OK, well have you also gotten something called "Penguin Magnet" While battling that villain???

#6339 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK, well have you also gotten something called "Penguin Magnet" While battling that villain???

Not seen that but that gives me a cool idea for a mode/shot.

Have a ball locked on the magnet, put a second ball into play with the crane either directly blocking the magnet or sweeping back and forth across playfield (or randomly moving from position to position with no rest period).

Have it like Vengenance multiball from ST, where you have to hit the captive ball off the magnet with the active ball, could be a hurry up mode and tied into Batgirl having to rescue Batman and Robin from a trap!

EDIT: it could even have the ramps tied to it for more depth and 60s kookiness, have the crane blocking the magnet shot forcing you to use ramps but with a twist so left ramp shots move the crane one place to the right and right ramp shots move the crane one place to the left.

#6340 6 years ago

Using ramps to move the crane would be cool. Except, you could probably not get it right of the right ramp unless it was backwards (hit the right ramp to move the crane left and vice versa). Maybe from the left flipper it's a clean shot. This is a fun idea.

#6341 6 years ago

I had posted a while ago that my finger was hovering over the purchase button... I took the plunge yesterday. The game will be here next week!

#6342 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I had posted a while ago that my finger was hovering over the purchase button... I took the plunge yesterday. The game will be here next week!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

#6343 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Welcome to the club, was it the code update that finally swayed you? And which model did you take the plunge on, Premium? LE? SLE?

#6344 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Download the BDK manual it has a detailed page on crane adjustments.

Where? I cant find it in the manual.

#6345 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Quoted from pauloz:

Where? I cant find it in the manual.

Here you go and in full colour no less
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman/batman/439/Batman_TDK_Manual.pdf

#6346 6 years ago

I'm really loving the new code.

What a world of difference 5 months of coding did for this machine.

#6347 6 years ago

I also looked in the manual but couldn't find any adjustment proceedure for the ball sensitivity. Its got a lot of stuff in there sp maybe I just missed it.

#6348 6 years ago

Here is a link to a rotating, lighted batmobile topper for my machine. I am going to rewire it so the transformer isn't visible when I get motivated.

tony c

#6349 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I also looked in the manual but couldn't find any adjustment proceedure for the ball sensitivity. Its got a lot of stuff in there sp maybe I just missed it.

It gives you a breakdown/schematic of the crane parts? Page 105 onwards, from that I worked out how to adjust the crane on my BDK.

#6350 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It gives you a breakdown/schematic of the crane parts? Page 105 onwards, from that I worked out how to adjust the crane on my BDK.

But couldn't find anything on hit sensitivity. The crane switch works when the spring touches the metal hole that the spring goes through at the bottom of the end of the crane arm, thereby closing the switch. Given you cant seem to soften the spring tension, the only way I can imagine you can improve the sensitivity is to make the hole smaller, or the spring larger. You could get some conductive tape and wrap it around the spring - not sure this would work but worth a try. You could also somehow make a smaller ring to make the hole smaller - like a cliffy magnet protector.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.