IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 374.
#6101 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I would...although I don't think you've been letting it go for the last 6 hours.
Try a different USB stick, if it stalls again.

I also had trouble with one usb stick... turn it off and try another stick. At least it worked out for me.

#6102 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Anyone else getting server errors when attempting to download from Stern site?

called Stern. they're aware and actively working to resolve.

#6103 6 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I would...although I don't think you've been letting it go for the last 6 hours.
Try a different USB stick, if it stalls again.

I turned off and turned back on and it updated fine. It's an old USB stick, not going through that again so I will be buying another stick. It froze twice so third time the charm.

#6104 6 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

I turned off and turned back on and it updated fine. It's an old USB stick, not going through that again so I will be buying another stick. It froze twice so third time the charm.

Next time you are over, I'll give you a spare.

#6105 6 years ago

so not to sound petty, but why does GotG get a really nice metal surround for the apron launch button, and we got a red sticker? I mean really, the sticker pisses me off every time I look at it when it should've been a nice metal accent of some sort.

#6106 6 years ago

Can someone PM me with the game code? Stern appears to have taken it down...?

#6107 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Can someone PM me with the game code? Stern appears to have taken it down...?

You sure? I just checked and it's there. Stern's been having site issues all day though.

#6108 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

so not to sound petty, but why does GotG get a really nice metal surround for the apron launch button, and we got a red sticker? I mean really, the sticker pisses me off every time I look at it when it should've been a nice metal accent of some sort.

Completely agree. However, even though Stern raised their prices it's nice to see that GOTG isn't a stripped down mess like SW.

#6109 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You sure? I just checked and it's there. Stern's been having site issues all day though.

The link is up, but it links to rackcdn and claims to have been moved.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 1.14.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-31 at 1.14.02 PM (resized).png

#6110 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

The link is up, but it links to rackcdn and claims to have been moved.

(Which means the problem is on Rackspace's CDN file distribution.)

#6111 6 years ago

Just being cautious after what happened with Star Wars (circuit board for the fork ramp was being fried by a code update, so Stern made it so you couldn't download the Star Wars code until they rolled it back to an older version of the code, and eventually fixed it), but there are no known issues that are similar for Batman 66, are there?

#6112 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

It is a Stern game designed by John Borg.
From Chris Franchi's facebook page
"PINBALL UPDATE!!! I was given a sneak peek at the playfield build-up of the newest pinball game I designed for Stern Pinball today. I almost crapped my own pants. It is AMAZING!!!! It blows away any game I have seen in years and I am so privileged to have had the opportunity to work with legend John Borg, master Art Director Greg Freres, Steven Martin and the skilled geniuses at Stern. All will be revealed very soon! Save your pennies! This is a MUST HAVE! (Don't try to get clues from the photo - It's just a stock image)"

Now that we've seen GotG, I think with Lyman's finished ruleset, BM66 will be the superior game and an incredible theme integration experience that few other pinballs can touch.

#6113 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Just being cautious after what happened with Star Wars (circuit board for the fork ramp was being fried by a code update, so Stern made it so you couldn't download the Star Wars code until they rolled it back to an older version of the code, and eventually fixed it), but there are no known issues that are similar for Batman 66, are there?

[Edited for correctness, may have incorrectly posted on a BM66 problem.]

#6114 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Ummm, so The Mod Couple can create an Awesome Bat launch button apron! JK That is number 4 on our list....

#6115 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ummm, so The Mod Couple can create an Awesome Bat launch button apron! JK That is number 4 on our list....

Will you be offering a single Bat Symbol design or multiple? I'd love one that uses the Batmobile Bat symbol as I always view the armour on the LE & SLE to represent the Batmobile, which is why I am powder coating (black with flake) and pin striping all my LEs armour, lockbar, side rails, coin door, legs, speaker panel etc etc.

#6116 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Now that we've seen GotG, I think with Lyman's finished ruleset, BM66 will be the superior game and an incredible theme integration experience that few other pinballs can touch.

100%. This game is really unique. Layout, art, code, theme - nothing like any other game. Playing it, it's like a breath of fresh air.

#6117 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

1000% agree.

GOTG looks like a game I've played before. Certainly nothing special Imo.

Our BM66 is gonna be timeless and epic.

#6118 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

1000% agree.
GOTG looks like a game I've played before. Certainly nothing special Imo.
Our BM66 is gonna be timeless and epic.

I think it's a bit early to speculate. The truth is, I hope GotG is also timeless and epic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Stern released many games we think are epic? A new golden age? Let's be optimistic instead.

#6119 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I think it's a bit early to speculate. The truth is, I hope GotG is also timeless and epic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Stern released many games we think are epic? A new golden age? Let's be optimistic instead.

True that. Just saying what it looks like. Need to see it in action and I hope its great BUT I'm sitting this one out.

#6120 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I hope GotG is also timeless and epic. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Stern released many games we think are epic?

Very few games are going to be timeless and epic. Some of the music pins, Batman 66, Star Wars, Wizard of Oz, perhaps the upcoming Elvira, AFM, MM - those are timeless themes. Then you have to have an epic game - MM, AFM, WOZ probably fit that bill. I think Batman 66 has an outside chance, but I don't think the odds of Stern creating many epic pins are that good.

#6121 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yelobird, think about this......a yellow Bat-belt, 4 pockets(2 and 2), golden logo on top of the launch.

97270E61-8430-4B34-B09D-FF8F6E2698AB (resized).png97270E61-8430-4B34-B09D-FF8F6E2698AB (resized).png

#6122 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yelobird, think about this......a yellow Bat-belt, 4 pockets(2 and 2), golden logo on top of the launch.

Sounds a bit busy for the lockdown bar for my tastes.

#6123 6 years ago

My grandaughter went to a superhero’s Halloween party dressed as Batgirl - she looked so cute!

Neil

#6124 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ll have a metal Proto done and powdered after Matt picks the left ramp red for my wire-form ( will match). Mirrors the decal, except with a bit of 3d for class....having one made in aluminum and steel to determine which one is better.

Will get to the machine shop next week and pick it up to show unfinished ( didn’t want plastic for this). “ Bat Gadget Selector” plastic laminate sign should be ready as well, to replace that decal.

Anxious for Matt to get our ramps going, but don’t want to bug him ( too much.....)

#6125 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A few months back, someone here put in the coin door the same yellow in the coin spots and that looks very very nice, and looked like the Bat-belt

#6126 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

A few months back, someone here put in the coin door the same yellow in the coin spots and that looks very very nice, and looked like the Bat-belt

Went chrome w mine there..pics somewhere above...yellow just a bit too aggressive for me there....

#6127 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Went chrome w mine there..pics somewhere above...yellow just a bit too aggressive for me there....

Yes indeed! That was you MK, I just remember those and looked so nice, thank you!

#6128 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yes indeed! That was you MK, I just remember those and looked so nice, thank you!

Look WAY better than the pics...reflects the sparkle from the coindoor ( if you powdered that). Make sure to get the electroplated versions ( Terry sells them at pinballife)...can’t get that finish by spraying out of a can....

#6129 6 years ago

Thought about chroming the Gadget Selector Batshape on the lockdown bar....would look amazing, but a pita to keep the smudges off...

#6130 6 years ago

Are there any videos out with the new code? I looked on youtube but didn't see any.

#6131 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Not sure a belt would look correct in that spot though I do have a belt concept in the works that I think looks Awesome though it is turning out a bit more involved than I anticipated. For the bonus button I am looking to create something more with the bat theme as it looks great unfortunately the sticker solution or flat solutions just don't cut it for me. That position is the hood ornament of the game. It needs to look Proper and fitting of the theme. Batmobile spinner is next followed by my in the works Batbelt custom. I do appreciate the concepts and feedback though! Many of you have provided Wonderful suggestions to make products Better and I always love a challenge! Thanks

#6132 6 years ago

The special thing about Batman is there seems to be no restrictions with the licence - Lyman can pick and choose from anything from the series. This is unique imo - look at GotG for example, it is missing the songs from the movies.

#6133 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

The special thing about Batman is there seems to be no restrictions with the licence - Lyman can pick and choose from anything from the series. This is unique imo - look at GotG for example, it is missing the songs from the movies.

Now that we see how the cliffhanger - episode approach has been implemented, do you think they could/should randomize which episodes play in what order for the main villains? I'm not sure if they are going down a path where there's some sort of series progression regarding each villain, but it would be kinda nice to have the order they play out random so we aren't seeing the exact same order of scenes every play through.
Thoughts and hopes?

#6134 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Will you be offering a single Bat Symbol design or multiple? I'd love one that uses the Batmobile Bat symbol as I always view the armour on the LE & SLE to represent the Batmobile, which is why I am powder coating (black with flake) and pin striping all my LEs armour, lockbar, side rails, coin door, legs, speaker panel etc etc.

Yelobird

#6135 6 years ago

At this time as is traditional with my creations I am trying to stay plug and play. Meaning, I was going to stick with the general Profile of the stock decal so the owner did not have to destroy the original (art??) rather go over it. I really like (as do many) reversible creations. Never know what the future holds.

#6136 6 years ago

Dave,

Impressed again! I received my Atomic Pile today, pictures don't do it justice, great job. Looking forward to your next project.

#6137 6 years ago

Please post a video of the atomic pile.

#6138 6 years ago

Installed my atomic pile today. Looks great, thanks Yelobird

8075EA9B-94F0-40E8-8BA5-B13663612ED5 (resized).jpeg8075EA9B-94F0-40E8-8BA5-B13663612ED5 (resized).jpeg

#6139 6 years ago

As soon as the Yelobird releases their new Batmobile spinner mount I can finally order all their mods

#6140 6 years ago

Thanks so much Dave this looks fantastic!! Looking forward to your spinner mod next!! Anyone want to buy an official OEM Stern atomic pile? Free shipping!!

Added over 6 years ago:

#6141 6 years ago

Thanks so much Dave!! Looks fantastic!! Looking forward to your spinner mod next!!
» YouTube video

Quoted from twenty84:

Installed my atomic pile today. Looks great, thanks yelobird

Looks awesome. Cant wait to get mine. How long did it take to install?

#6142 6 years ago

I'm really anal about reading direction multiple times. Took about 45 min. Fishing the connector through the hole is tricky but not that hard.

#6143 6 years ago

I received mine. Great job on re-creating a complex design thats not only looks great but is also plug and play both electrically and physically within the game.

The mod is well made but I can confirm that it is not 100% dog proof. The package was too big for the mailbox so the mail carrier left it outside the garage door. Unfortunately the dog found it before the kids did.

Are there spare parts available?

rps20171101_204651 (resized).jpgrps20171101_204651 (resized).jpg

#6144 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I received mine. Great job on re-creating a complex design thats not only looks great but is also plug and play both electrically and physically within the game.
The mod is well made but I can confirm that it is not 100% dog proof. The package was too big for the mailbox so the mail carrier left it outside the garage door. Unfortunately the dog found it before the kids did.

Holly Hungry Dog Batman. What a mess.

#6145 6 years ago

Thanks so much Dave this looks fantastic!!

Do the lights flash only when the AP is facing the player?

#6146 6 years ago

I like it! Are there any more Atomic piles available?

#6147 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got a spare dog.

#6148 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yep Doc, my Dog tore up the speaker mod! What is going on with our dogs.

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

I got a spare dog.

Our dog is a total idiot but the kids like him so I guess we'll have to keep him.

#6150 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Our dog is a total idiot but the kids like him so I guess we'll have to keep him.

Gonna need a Bat Dog Repellant Spray mod next yelobird ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/123?hl=batman60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.