IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 374.
#6051 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I got my Dialed In around the same time I got BM66 code. I can say I'm happy we got code, but I cannot stop playing Dialed In. I played 5 games on new BM66 and feel lots of bugs are present. My magnet hardly ever grabs the ball. Seems cashing in the bonus is not a high value. Ball lock has malfunctioned a bit.
Im thinking I need the new left ramp as my game just doesn't flow well. Seems brickyard on the left.
I do like the new clips and feel the next update will fix the issues and make me want to play it more.

Dialled In is pretty special, I played one a few weeks back and it totally blew me away. BM66 will be better than great once Lyman finishes the code, the update we just got makes it clear, that he has all the right ideas and things in place/in the pipeline for this game to achieve TWD levels of greatness.

#6052 6 years ago

I am in the same boat with the magnet. If the ball is moving fast the magnet doesn't even come close to grabbing it, but if the ball is moving slower the magnet will grab it and throw it. I was thinking maybe it wasn't coded properly yet.

#6053 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dialled In is pretty special, I played one a few weeks back and it totally blew me away. BM66 will be better than great once Lyman finishes the code, the update we just got makes it clear, that he has all the right ideas and things in place/in the pipeline for this game to achieve TWD levels of greatness.

I sure hope you’re right on TWD level of greatness. What Lyman did with that game was transformational! This .80 code drop added much needed game depth and I figure it’ll improve from there, but more and more I’m worried that some good stuff is going to be left “on the cutting room floor” given the time wall Lyman is up against with Elvira looming large. Based upon his Nov and Dec update forecast, I figure he’s got 2 months before having to move on.

Unlike most games such as TWD, I had some strong ideas on what could make BM66 really great. More out of the box stuff like Bat Turn, but there might not be enough time left. I’d like to see: Batuzi, assemble specific gadgets to build a Bat belt to improve score or progress when battling villains, a hurry up with those crazy foldable Bat shields, some sort of cool Batgirl mode, etc. So far most updates have largely focused on improving battles during the 4 primary villain modes. I’m greedy and want more. . I guess we’ll have a better idea by New Years.

#6054 6 years ago

Batuzi, assemble specific gadgets to build a Bat belt to improve score or progress when battling villains, a hurry up with those crazy foldable Bat shields, some sort of cool Batgirl mode,”

Exactly! I believe he will do just that

Like Blood bath and the weapons but better

Need to make those targets relevant ala TWD

#6055 6 years ago

The Batman 66 show had 3 seasons of material. That's an insane amount of content to chose from. While I can understand the frustration around the slow updates, it's also understandable given that it's a new platform and there is a mountain of great clips to choose from. I wish Lyman took his time and polished this gem to the extreme. There is so much opportunity to make this machine one for the ages! I for one would rather be patient than get a rush job that leaves too much potential on the cutting room floor.

#6056 6 years ago

Just a quick PSA: the LEGO shop has the "Batman Classic TV Series – Batcave" at a discounted rate (which is extremely rare for LEGOs)
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batcave-76052?icmp=SHT_NA_Batman_Batcave

I bought it as soon as it came out and thought it was a nice set. I plan on having it on a shelf next to my BM66.

#6057 6 years ago

Just a shout out to the Mod Couple for a stellar job w the Sewer Cover/ magnet protector....great job, and looks awesome on the game!!!....Very excited for the Atomic Pile and always appreciate well thought out mods ( regardless of price)....you nailed this one....thank you!!!...mark

#6058 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I got my Dialed In around the same time I got BM66 code. I can say I'm happy we got code, but I cannot stop playing Dialed In. I played 5 games on new BM66 and feel lots of bugs are present. My magnet hardly ever grabs the ball. Seems cashing in the bonus is not a high value. Ball lock has malfunctioned a bit.
Im thinking I need the new left ramp as my game just doesn't flow well. Seems bricky on the left.
I do like the new clips and feel the next update will fix the issues and make me want to play it more.

With respect, getting a new game vs new code isn’t quite fair....new game wins every time ( even if you played in the wild).

The new left ramp shines now, more than ever, as a nice flow is quite achievable if you are consistent w your shots...fast and flows great to keep the pace of gameplay going. The original ramp never generated this much speed ( even though it drops to an outline).

Glad you’re enjoying DI, but BM66 will own it ( great theme w killer code never dies)....just my take.....

#6059 6 years ago

Holly Atomic Piles Batman!! The march of the Piles is on track and actually Ahead of schedule!! While we ended up Doubling the production goal for batch 1, Mama Mod Couple was a trooper and painted/assembled by my side all day all weekend. We should have most every Atomic Pile order out Monday as promised as well as moving several of the group 2 orders Up! Full color instructions with photos are included for a seemless installation. I would Estimate (depending on how big your fingers are) they install swap will take around 30 minutes. Thank you ALL for the feedback and your interest in our products!! We are hoping to catch a breath this week and be back on production schedule. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9626 (resized).jpgIMG_9626 (resized).jpg

#6060 6 years ago

Make sure the one in the front row on the left gets its rings.

#6061 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Holly Atomic Piles Batman!! The march of the Piles is on track and actually Ahead of schedule!! While we ended up Doubling the production goal for batch 1, Mama Mod Couple was a trooper and painted/assembled by my side all day all weekend. We should have most every Atomic Pile order out Monday as promised as well as moving several of the group 2 orders Up! Full color instructions with photos are included for a seemless installation. I would Estimate (depending on how big your fingers are) they install swap will take around 30 minutes. Thank you ALL for the feedback and your interest in our products!! We are hoping to catch a breath this week and be back on production schedule. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!
The Mod Couple

Man, you guys rock !!!...side note...Can you tell me what type of socket you provided for the flasher ( 555 or 44)?

#6062 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Good get....

#6063 6 years ago

Give Stern a call, your the guy they need in their QC department

#6064 6 years ago

Nice eye. That was Suppose to be a where's Waldo game for later. Lol All soldiers left with their strips. Regarding #MK6PIN I did not use 44 or 555. Stern Spike 2 uses 5V for the flasher circuit now. I used an off the shelf 4 LED ring so the owner can change color if they choose later. As I put in my instructions, if you Choose to have a Blazing Sun look you always have the Original wire harness and bulb Stern provided for in your soon to be removed BatPile. Personally I think the light we used looks great and the effect of the Pile lighting up more is a perfect setup. You can very easily change it to your liking later which is why I made my kit with a Removable LED clip!

The Mod Couple

#6065 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nice eye. Regarding #MK6PIN I did not use 44 or 555. Stern Spike 2 uses 5V for the flasher circuit now.
The Mod Couple

I was aware of the 5v, just recall a 555 connector around the inlanes ( could be wrong). Will definitely take your route initially, just always looking at options....thx....

#6066 6 years ago

Sounds like a lot of the bugs in the code where known but the code was released anyway, probably to give us all something and a boost which I think was a great decision and one I am certainly pleased with.

Code could have done with a couple more days to debug but they are hard at work on that now

#6067 6 years ago

I really enjoyed playing the new code on Batman ‘66 today. The new code, in my opinion, has changed the whole dynamic and strategy of this game. Before, everybody would start a villain and then immediately go for three locks to get multi-ball. This is not the best strategy on the latest code.

On this code, the real points are obtained from the story mode. Not collecting the super jackpot, but continuing the mode and playing out the storyline of the villain is how you really get the points. It was so fun and entertaining to see the new animations and speech that are in this code update.

Yes, Multipliers are a key element of this game even more than before. Here’s the strategy:
• Start a villain by answering the Bat Phone.
• Immediately go for the 2-Way combo to 2x multiply the entire Mode by shooting the right scoop, then shooting the left orbit.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 3x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 4x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 5x multiplied.
• Before collecting the final SJ, have a “Commission Gordon Shot Multiplier” on the right scoop, and go through the Bat Cave to start 2x playfield scoring.
• All these Multipliers will add up and combine to give you a MEGA SJ! (See the photo below of my Penguin champion).

This code update was definitely in the right direction and was implemented very well.

When I scored a 600+ million Super Jackpot in Villain Escape Wizard Mode, I was amazed and felt a sense of accomplishment...a feeling I’d never had before on that game.

The minor TV season villains are still not coded.
I’m excited to see how they are integrated into the story line.

Cheers!

3F884F99-D176-4928-A74D-572AC249C823 (resized).jpeg3F884F99-D176-4928-A74D-572AC249C823 (resized).jpeg

#6068 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I really enjoyed playing the new code on Batman ‘66 today. The new code, in my opinion, has changed the whole dynamic and strategy of this game. Before, everybody would start a villain and then immediately go for three locks to get multi-ball. This is not the best strategy on the latest code.
On this code, the real points are obtained from the story mode. Not collecting the super jackpot, but continuing the mode and playing out the storyline of the villain is how you really get the points. It was so fun and entertaining to see the new animations and speech that are in this code update.
Yes, Multipliers are a key element of this game even more than before. Here’s the strategy:
• Start a villain by answering the Bat Phone.
• Immediately go for the 2-Way combo to 2x multiply the entire Mode by shooting the right scoop, then shooting the left orbit.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 3x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 4x multiplied.
• After collecting the necessary shots, shoot Super Jackpot in the right scoop. Don’t collect the SJ, but continue the story. Now the next phase of the villain mode is all 5x multiplied.
• Before collecting the final SJ, have a “Commission Gordon Shot Multiplier” on the right scoop, and go through the Bat Cave to start 2x playfield scoring.
• All these Multipliers will add up and combine to give you a MEGA SJ! (See the photo below of my Penguin champion).
This code update was definitely in the right direction and was implemented very well.
When I scored a 600+ million Super Jackpot in Villain Escape Wizard Mode, I was amazed and felt a sense of accomplishment...a feeling I’d never had before on that game.
The minor TV season villains are still not coded.
I’m excited to see how they are integrated into the story line.
Cheers!

Great write up, I always appreciate simple rule/shot walkthroughs like this, so thank you.

Oh and that score is insane, nicely done.

#6069 6 years ago

"Shoot the Bat Signal" "Shoot the Bat beacon" should both be the Riddler saucer above which is the bat signal.

#6070 6 years ago

Well that a "Wrap" for this weekend. Literally!! 2 Mountains like this in the kitchen and the Majority of the Atomic Piles are on there way to Bat-Caves around the world Tomorrow! Thanks again to all for the interest and your support. Rough deadline on this one but we think the results turned out great. Someone is going to HATE me at the post office tomorrow!!

IMG_9687 (resized).jpgIMG_9687 (resized).jpg

#6071 6 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

I couldn’t agree more with the refreshed feeling of this game! What a blast, and it made me actually want to go and rewatch more old episodes of Batman. Great code update even though there are some sound glitches.

#6072 6 years ago

Spent a few hours on the code tonight and like it. Lots more to do. Sounds a little off and took me a bit to figure out where to shoot. But, I’m happy with where it’s going,

#6073 6 years ago

The orange shots are definayely "to the bat poles". Scoop then left loop to batsignal.

Possibly the best custom call out ever....."Holy Outlane Drain Batman".

#6074 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The orange shots are definayely "to the bat poles". Scoop then left loop to batsignal.
Possibly the best custom call out ever....."Holy Outlane Drain Batman".

Have you managed to confirm the "to the batpoles" bug appearing in some modes?

Haha that is awesome! It's stuff like that in the hands of Lyman that will hopefully see this pin as one of Sterns best!

#6075 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the left orbit shot not registering at the start of the Riddler mode? It seems to be even more noticeable with the new 0.80 code. I checked the switch in test and it always registers.

#6076 6 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the left orbit shot not registering at the start of the Riddler mode? It seems to be even more noticeable with the new 0.80 code. I checked the switch in test and it always registers.

Yes, Riddler has two main bugs:

1. "To the Batpoles" 2nd shot doesn't work
2. The SJP doesn't light and it continues through to the next mode for levels 2-4.

#6077 6 years ago

I've been away and was just able to update the code yesterday. Though I was only able to put a handful of games on it, the new code seems to add some depth and polish in spite of being a little buggy. I'm looking forward to playing this game again, as it had sat largely unplayed for awhile due to the lack of depth and ease before. Also, I think Stern did the right thing by providing a rough timeline; hopefully as those dates approach they do not go radio silent on us again. That all being said, my wallet remains closed to Stern until all of my games get 1.0 or better code; this process has been too painful.

#6078 6 years ago

I'm looking for a new pin and BM66 is on the short list. Aside from the code issue which sounds like it will be resolved in the next few months how are the game shots? Does the game have flow? Is it fast?
Thanks for input.

#6079 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yes, Riddler has two main bugs:
1. "To the Batpoles" 2nd shot doesn't work
2. The SJP doesn't light and it continues through to the next mode for levels 2-4.

Post this over in the bugs thread if you haven't already, bugs are being worked on now and it's more than likely Lyman is taking a look at this thread and the bugs thread.

#6080 6 years ago
Quoted from Phantomtracer:

I'm looking for a new pin and BM66 is on the short list. Aside from the code issue which sounds like it will be resolved in the next few months how are the game shots? Does the game have flow? Is it fast?
Thanks for input.

I wouldn't call BM66 a traditional flow game, but that doesn't mean it's not good. The orbits are very tight, but satisfying to hit. I really like the layout, but some people don't. This is one you should play before you pay if you can.

#6081 6 years ago
Quoted from Phantomtracer:

Thanks for input.

Like taz says above this isn't your typical non stop return to the flippers flow you get from a Ritchie game, it also wouldn't fit the BM66 theme if this was a layout like SW.

However it does have a lot of flowing shots, the ramps are lighting quick, the shot through the batmobile spinner and out into the left lane is a rocket on my game, the right orbit (providing the diverter to the Batcave isn't open) rips round out of the left orbit straight back at you.

You also have slower areas of flow, the penguin VUK isnt by any means stop and go it's almost an instant return with the only delay being the ball triggering the VUK switch, once it's on the ramp it's quickly back to the right flipper. It's also worth repeating the Batmobile spinner shot into the left orbit, as slower shots will pass through slower, but it's such a satisfying shot it's never a problem.

You also have the crane to take into account its more speed than flow, but if you hit the crane dead on in the wrong position the ball will come back at you and the flippers fast!! And often unpredictably. Oh and the magnet can also add a little more unpredictable speed.

Hope that helps...

#6082 6 years ago

I really enjoy the flow of the game and the ramps are terrific (and the left ramp will be even better with the new aftermarket version).

The biggest complaint I have is that the turntable sometimes doesn't move fast enough and bricks shots (new adjustments in the settings and/or future code updates will probably improve that). Some have problems with the tightness of the left orbit shot, but that can be lessened significantly by moving the blue pad on the left ramp from outside to inside.

Early complaints were that the game was too open with not enough to shoot, but it never struck me that way at all. It's not a cookie cutter layout or shot map and I like that a lot.

I would strongly encourage to go and put some time on one before you buy. Even if the game hasn't been updated to the latest code you can spend some time on the various shots.

#6083 6 years ago

Just curious how complicated is the installation for the atomic pile mod?

Thanks

#6084 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thanks

Pretty sure Yelobird said about 30 min. Two screws and a plug for the led.

#6085 6 years ago

Batman has a nice balance of flow, intentional 'out of control' situations with the Gordon shot and some slower sections like the scoop and through the atomic pile shot. It's not TZ, but it's also not IM. Somewhere in the middle.

#6086 6 years ago

Batman has a nice balance of flow, intentional 'out of control' situations with the Gordon shot and some slower sections like the scoop and through the atomic pile shot. It's not TZ, but it's also not IM. Somewhere in the middle.

Great. Assessment!!!!

Fills a great spot in my lineup...and....ITS BATMAN!!!!!

#6087 6 years ago

I finally got around to downloading the new code. there's two files which one do I install .0 or .01 or both

#6088 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

I finally got around to downloading the new code. there's two files which one do I install .0 or .01 or both

Just put both on a USB and put it in the machine and update,

#6089 6 years ago

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great. Assessment!!!!
Fills a great spot in my lineup...and....ITS BATMAN!!!!!

Brilliant posts! Both spot on, it's nice having that game in the collection that scratches that itch none of your other games quite get.

#6090 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thanks

2 screws and 1 plug! Plug and play with complete instructions including color pictures should you not wish to read my BS. lol

#6091 6 years ago

My first new game and my first update, it won't let me pick from Quick or Full update. Just says quick update, that correct?

#6092 6 years ago

Disregard last message, the service buttons weren't working at all?!? Turned off and back on and all good.

#6093 6 years ago

Did anyone find out the exact powder coat colour/finish of the LE/SLE armour (the black speckle)?

#6094 6 years ago

well I didn't get far on the update. Game has been stuck on "Updating 42/3875" for 15 min. Should I turn off and start again??

#6095 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did anyone find out the exact powder coat colour/finish of the LE/SLE armour (the black speckle)?

Not a powder coat but the results came out Spot on for a DIY if you interested you can follow my step by step guide via the thread I created below. Good Luck!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-super-le-clone-mods-and-how-to-map-to-sle

#6096 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes,
I can look it up for you when I get back home Saturday and post......( 2 step process, think I bought 2 pounds of material, plenty left).
Make SURE you give your powder guy an example of correct amount of clear w large sparkle ( I used my lockdown bar). Came out great ( powdercoat is baked on, btw, and the strength/ shine cant be matched).....

#6097 6 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

well I didn't get far on the update. Game has been stuck on "Updating 42/3875" for 15 min. Should I turn off and start again??

Try a new USB stick. Any issues I've had updating were fixed with a new one. Also make sure you unzip the folder. Then drag and drop both files to your USB.

#6098 6 years ago

The animation colors are definitely improving as well as Steve Ritchies hair colour...lol.
New and old pics.

Steve Ritche 2 (resized).jpgSteve Ritche 2 (resized).jpg
Steve Ritche 1 (resized).jpgSteve Ritche 1 (resized).jpg

#6099 6 years ago
Quoted from zimzam:

I would...although I don't think you've been letting it go for the last 6 hours.

Try a different USB stick, if it stalls again.

#6100 6 years ago

Anyone else getting server errors when attempting to download from Stern site?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/122?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.