IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 374.
#6001 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I always forget - do I just take the whole file I downloaded from the Stern site and load it on the machine or do I have to unzip it or pull out the files from the folder?

"Installation notice: This code release is in zip format. The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick."

Update instructions:
Download the zip file
Unzip the file, this will create a folder that contains two files
Open folder, copy only the two files to the root level of a USB stick. Do not copy the folder.
Power game off
Insert USB stick
Turn on game
After game boots up it will give the option for software update
Volume buttons change options for full or quick update. Enter selects the option and starts the update.
Once update is completed game will prompt user to power game off and remove USB stick.

#6002 6 years ago

First of all, I love any update and this one has some really cool call outs and video added

Love the extensions, especially Penguin

I do feel like it’s more of the hot mess and janky style right now BUT

It’s so much fun to play.

It has to be 1000% more difficult to code than TWD

In Lyman we trust!

#6003 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Installation notice: This code release is in zip format. The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick."

Thanks vireland - appreciate the help!

#6004 6 years ago

has anyone noticed since the update when you hit the crane ball the first couple of times the shaker motor doesnt work?

#6005 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do feel like it’s more of the hot mess and janky style right now BUT
It’s so much fun to play.
It has to be 1000% more difficult to code than TWD
In Lyman we trust!

Lymans last couple of TWD code drops where game changing, it was almost like the code change the layout it went from a clunkfest to a very fluid game requiring you to shoot all areas of the playfield, it's like Lyman coding it with one hand while playing the game with the other each shot sets up the next required to advance current mode or to start next mode all while complimenting the sometimes awkward layout, genius coding.

#6006 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lymans last couple of TWD code drops where game changing, it was almost like the code change the layout it went from a clunkfest to a very fluid game requiring you to shoot all areas of the playfield, it's like Lyman coding it with one hand while playing the game with the other each shot sets up the next required to advance current mode or to start next mode all while complimenting the sometimes awkward layout, genius coding.

That’s the beauty of Lyman, he used every piece of real estate on the PF. Like you said every shot counts, and with multiple ways to play it and progress

It’s a masterpiece thing of beauty. I always like TWD from day one, including the different Borg layout. It’s the first pin that made me want to play it non stop. I’ve completed it several times and still go back to play it for a different path. It’s a genius combination of layout and code

To me clunky is missing shots, TWD is brutal and takes a LONG time to get those shots flowing, at least for me

I love my GBLE but that’s the diff between Lyman and Dwight imo. Some shots like the left targets and Newton ball mean very little in the overall progression or risk reward

Unlike the very crucial Blood bath MB!!!

#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

has anyone noticed since the update when you hit the crane ball the first couple of times the shaker motor doesnt work?

Yes noticed this as well. And the flashers in the slingshots no longer seem to go off with a crane hit either.

#6008 6 years ago

I think the next 2 updates in Nov and Dec are going to be epic. I think we will see a lot of the game as it was meant to be by the end of December. I think Stern probably wants to move Lyman off the game by the end of the year. Updates will be more on Lyman's time after that... I do like where he is taking the game and it is going to be fun to see where it is at the end of the year.

#6009 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I just can't yet tell if it's a hot mess or if there's a method to the madness of the modes. I'm leaning towards hot mess at this point, given that it's hard for me to figure out what to do in so many places.

Yeah, hot mess, for sure.

There's no way this was around and tested for the last 5 months. A lot of it seems very, VERY thrown-together. Case in point, the episode continue screen breaks the "style guide" for the display. It should have the comic-book style notes for the choices, but it's just text overlaid on the screen in hard-to-read fashion. Also a TON of the sound clips need to be normalized as the volumes are all over the place. That one clip that plays a lot now when it shows batman climbing vertically should have been faded in and out at the beginning and end as it sounds weird and abrupt as it is now (this needs to be done on a LOT of the new clips, in fact). I also had a situation where the super skill shot didn't light the yellow arrows a couple times - that's new. Seems like a lot of bugs were introduced with this version, but I haven't played enough to know if it's bugs or poor understanding of rules/modes that were added.

I'm happy that we got SOMETHING, but it's pretty depressing that this isn't anywhere near as polished an update as it should have been for 5 months of full-time work. We'll see if Thanksgiving and Christmas updates happen, and what year. Did Gomez say that, or someone else? I didn't read it...

#6010 6 years ago

I wonder if this is the result of what Gómez was saying about going down a path, realising it doesn't work, then having to scrap everything and start again. Seems like a few more placeholder still images that used to be videos of villains. Agreed, the volume seems all over the place. Definitely far from polished.

Was the Bat Poles feature fully implemented in the previous version? I only ever never noticed the first shot.

#6011 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yes noticed this as well. And the flashers in the slingshots no longer seem to go off with a crane hit either.

ya I seen that along with the lights dim really low on certain modes

#6012 6 years ago

I think we are now past beta code

#6013 6 years ago

Question for LE or SLE owners. On the old code the bat logo in the center of the topper would flash during attract mode then in gameplay it would be off. With the new code mine stays on during gameplay. I ask because I was using that lamp to signal my beacon mod to turn on so now its on all the time.

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think we are now past beta code

A number of inserts not implemented into play, no minor villains functioning, lots of new bugs, we're definitely still in an alpha state. A BETTER alpha state, but alpha.

#6015 6 years ago

Can’t figure out what to do when it says “ shoot to light the bat beacon”? I’ve tried hitting the orange arrow, scoop, etc. with no apparent result. Maybe a placeholder of sorts? Any one else? Yeah, I’m in the “ hot mess” camp, but lots, lots more actually in the game now, so polishing should bring it together.....

#6016 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Question for LE or SLE owners. On the old code the bat logo in the center of the topper would flash during attract mode then in gameplay it would be off. With the new code mine stays on during gameplay. I ask because I was using that lamp to signal my beacon mod to turn on so now its on all the time.

Believe mine stayed on during gameplay, even early on ( LE here).....

#6017 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can’t figure out what to do when it says “ shoot to light the bat beacon”? I’ve tried hitting the orange arrow, scoop, etc. with no apparent result. Maybe a placeholder of sorts? Any one else? Yeah, I’m in the “ hot mess” camp, but lots, lots more actually in the game now, so polishing should bring it together.....

Commissioner Gordon standup would make sense, but I haven't tried it.

#6018 6 years ago

Don’t know whether Alpha, Beta, etc. but the assets of this title are showing through, big time....possibly best tie to a series related pin I’ve seen ( anxious to revisit Alien). A very nice update, hinting at what this thing is going to be....

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Mine is solid Doc

Getting ready to hop on and explore some more

#6020 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Commissioner Gordon standup would make sense, but I haven't tried it.

Great guess @vireland....haven’t tried that yet....that would be cool if it did. I run into it most games...shall attempt now...

#6021 6 years ago

im digging the dim lighting when super jackpot gets lit. And the up tempo music is badass!

#6022 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

im digging the dim lighting when super jackpot gets lit. And the up tempo music is badass!

Completely agree....there are some new killer clips in Catwoman as well ( one where you just see her hand w claws, slowly releasing as you battle).....very cool

#6023 6 years ago

Actually says “ shoot for bat signal”...if you trigger batphone, beacon comes on until you hit the phone. Once in the mode ( Penguin in my case), the text comes up. I hit the crane and it triggered the beacon!!! This is timed for sure, and not sure what happens because of it, but like the fact you can trigger the beacon more than one way.....

Some stuff in here, for sure....anxious to hear what others find, and I uncover....will be great fun when it is sorted...

#6024 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doc, In my L.E. stays ON too.

#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is solid Doc
Getting ready to hop on and explore some more

Does your red rotating beacon light stay on as well during gameplay?

#6026 6 years ago

I just got through Penguin and Riddler all the way through and almost finished Catwoman. Couldn't start Joker because my target stuck again.

Well, to me its F ing awesome with so much more to come.

Catwoman has some great new video and animations, the bat copter flying across the screen and her reaching around the door etc.

So many more callouts and animations. The mini tv cycles through more stuff along with main LCD in attract mode. I mean come on, the clips and animations are F ing awesome!

Minor villains don't do anything still but should really cap this baby off!

It's Batman, its campy, its awesome, its colorful, its gorgeous, love hearing the West and Ward callouts.

Ok, going back in for more.

Major props to Lyman.

edit: No Doc, red beacon goes off during gameplay, only comes on when bat signal is lit

#6027 6 years ago

ok so when is the next Next Update?

#6028 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Patience my fellow bat, patience.

#6029 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

As per Stern facebook which docquest and MattS have confirmed was what Lyman said to them at Expo, so hopefully it was posted on Facebook as per Lymans request the next two updates he has planned are thanksgiving and just before Xmas!

I imagine one of these will be a polish and bugs update and the other adding content followed by another update or two in the new year. If both updates this year add more content BONUS!

#6030 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

red beacon goes off during gameplay, only comes on when bat signal is lit

Guess I need to update what signal I use to trigger my beacon mod. I wanted to use one of the original beacon LED's but the flash cycle was too slow.

#6031 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Actually says “ shoot for bat signal”...if you trigger batphone, beacon comes on until you hit the phone. Once in the mode ( Penguin in my case), the text comes up. I hit the crane and it triggered the beacon!!! This is timed for sure, and not sure what happens because of it, but like the fact you can trigger the beacon more than one way.....
Some stuff in here, for sure....anxious to hear what others find, and I uncover....will be great fun when it is sorted...

Pretty sure that's part of "to the bat poles". Start villain, once it starts, lights orange shot at scoop. Hit orange shot, then "shoot for bat signal" which should be the orange arrow at the left loop (round to scoop/bat signal). Cool animation, then That starts 2x for whole of villain (maybe finishes if u lose ball??). The second orange shot is timed, like a hurry up. I think I noticed on one villain, the orange didn't light for the left loop shot, but The "shoot for bat signal" still can up on screen.

#6032 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah, the bat logo stays on solid now, as much as I could tell looking up when I had the chances.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great guess vireland....haven’t tried that yet....that would be cool if it did. I run into it most games...shall attempt now...

I tried it and don't think it did anything. It might be a hurryup. Seems to finish if you hit the left orbit the few times I tried it.

#6033 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does your red rotating beacon light stay on as well during gameplay?

I couldn't pay close attention, but it was definitely OFF quite a bit. Came to life during bat turn, though. That was nice to finally see.

#6034 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've put about 6-7 games on the new code so far and it's a lot different. The s/w load went smooth. There are some new West callouts, such as ball one locked, shoot again, and such, but the volume seems a little louder than it should, as if they're about 20% louder than other call outs. In any case, they seem a little out of place so far, but maybe I'll get used to it after a few more games. There were also some music tempo changes that added to the game play. More vids as well.

Taz, I noticed the audio, as well. Volume is louder on callouts and music and it doesn't seem as "smooth" if that makes any sense. I've never adjusted the speech and music attenuation nor do I know if that would make any difference.

#6035 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure that's part of "to the bat poles". Start villain, once it starts, lights orange shot at scoop. Hit orange shot, then "shoot for bat signal" which should be the orange arrow at the left loop (round to scoop/bat signal). Cool animation, then That starts 2x for whole of villain (maybe finishes if u lose ball??). The second orange shot is timed, like a hurry up. I think I noticed on one villain, the orange didn't light for the left loop shot, but The "shoot for bat signal" still can up on screen.

I thought that too...hitting the orange target first did nothing, hitting the crane lit the beacon...have to experiment more ( playing glass on, as I just want to discover this way....for now.........

#6036 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Couldn't start Joker because my target stuck again.

Mine does this too ...... Is there a fix for this?

#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Mine does this too ...... Is there a fix for this?

Yeah there are a couple of fixes in this thread, search for them they are there.

One is using some dead foam to pack out the targets and another I believe is a new bracket - I think Stern can send you these if you ask and request one.

EDIT: Here you go courtesy of PinMonk https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/39#post-3639700

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Taz, I noticed the audio, as well. Volume is louder on callouts and music and it doesn't seem as "smooth" if that makes any sense. I've never adjusted the speech and music attenuation nor do I know if that would make any difference.

I don't think that we can do anything about the uneven callouts and music right now by adjusting our games, without impacting all speech call outs. This is probably a problem for Lyman to adjust in the next code release. I figure he had to quickly dump a whole lot of stuff into this last update in order to get something out under the intense pressure of our negative online feedback. Why there wasn't more progress over the past 5 months is still a matter of debate, but that's water under the bridge at this point, I guess. There's a lot in the game now, but it needs a lot of TLC to get it polished, and I agree with Vireland that we're still in Alpha code, despite the progress. I guess it really is a "hot mess" right now, but should improve greatly in the next update. I'm still confused about what to shoot in many places, more so than any other game I own, so hopefully that can be polished up too. I'm also worried about getting Batuzi and a good Batgirl mode into the game given that Lyman must be up against a really tight schedule getting this game polished a good bit by the end of the year. We'll have to cross our fingers on this one until the next update.

#6040 6 years ago

Bat signal beacon and the topper light much more.

#6041 6 years ago

I'm digging this game even more now, however I'd love it if the upon answering the bat phone that the magnet would always grab and hold the ball for a couple of seconds
It seems to only hold the ball on soft strikes to the phone, otherwise the ball flails wildly leading to unfair drains
Do you guys think this is a code issue? I'd love to see this rectified

#6042 6 years ago

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/185746249

Short video of new code, not great but knocked it up quick, will try or do a proper stream later today Although it the wife’s birthday lol

#6043 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Seems like code. Annoying for sure

#6044 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

I'm digging this game even more now, however I'd love it if the upon answering the bat phone that the magnet would always grab and hold the ball for a couple of seconds
It seems to only hold the ball on soft strikes to the phone, otherwise the ball flails wildly leading to unfair drains

Mine seems to grab the ball almost every time and hold it for a few seconds.

#6045 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Mine seems to grab the ball almost every time and hold it for a few seconds.

Mine used to grab the ball a lot when answering the Bat phone. But now it seems to do it less and less. I wonder if my playfield protector is part of the reason.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not dissagreing with you on the magnet but a magnet was Meant to throw the ball wildly and unpredictably like every game. Pinball is a game of skill and luck so yes sometimes it can seem unfair/unpredictable. Mine does about the same, I rather enjoy keeping on my toes not knowing what will happen.

#6047 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not dissagreing with you on the magnet but a magnet was Meant to throw the ball wildly and unpredictably like every game. Pinball is a game of skill and luck so yes sometimes it can seem unfair/unpredictable. Mine does about the same, I rather enjoy keeping on my toes not knowing what will happen.

Throwing the ball wildly when you hit for Joker is fine. When hitting the Batphone, it is nice to have that momentary breather the ball grab gives you.

#6048 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Throwing the ball wildly when you hit for Joker is fine. When hitting the Batphone, it is nice to have that momentary breather the ball grab gives you.

Theres no resting in Pinball! lol Thats what slot machines are for.

#6049 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree it needs to attempt to hold the ball every time, there are times I have hit the batphone target so fast that the magnet hasn't got much time/chance of grabbing the ball, but when possible it needs to grab and hold.

Not only does it give you a moment to enjoy the Batphone clip (I am hoping Lyman adds in as many as possible) but that grab and drop to the flippers in my eyes is part of the choreography of the game to set up the "to the batpoles" combo.

#6050 6 years ago

I got my Dialed In around the same time I got BM66 code. I can say I'm happy we got code, but I cannot stop playing Dialed In. I played 5 games on new BM66 and feel lots of bugs are present. My magnet hardly ever grabs the ball. Seems cashing in the bonus is not a high value. Ball lock has malfunctioned a bit.

Im thinking I need the new left ramp as my game just doesn't flow well. Seems bricky on the left.

I do like the new clips and feel the next update will fix the issues and make me want to play it more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/121?hl=dvda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.