IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 374.
#5701 6 years ago

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod Couple style to wake things up! As promised, the prototyping, design, and Endless test runs are now done and the Batman 66 Atomic Pile is now DONE! (not for sale yet but Very soon!) I think the design came out Very nice and Much better fits the theme, scene, and Class this pinball machine is in. While Stern made a very nice attempt our creation we feel really compliments the Batcave as it should be. All kits are currently being designed as a plug and play. You remove only the plug and 2 screws holding your Stern Atomic plastic and your done. The fit of this setup as you can see is like a Glove! I did have to make one concession and raise it .25" to accommodate the Stern squishy dog toy phone. If you have the slimmer aftermarket one you can simply remove my provided spacer though I actually Really like is just a bit higher so it covers the TV when the Batcave mode is running. (rotated) Also, with it raised it nicely shows the upper deck and applied warning stickers. I did need to keep it slightly still a Pinball theme so the silicone rings are used instead of the steel rings seen on the actual Atomic Pile. These rings also act as the replacement buffer behind the TV perfectly since the old ones will now be gone. Have a look at the pictures, we would love to know what you think! Love or hate, we do this because we enjoy it and love the 66 theme. (plus theres no code anyway!) I am Hoping to have these available in About a week. Please note that this mod takes an Insane amount of time to fabricate, assemble, paint, detail, etc so they will not be a shelf item but we will build them as fast as we can if there is interest. I will update all on pricing and availability for anyone interested. Thanks for all your interest!!

The Mod Couple

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.07.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.07.02 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.05.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.05.09 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-21 at 11.08.48 PM (resized).png
IMG_9567 (resized).jpgIMG_9567 (resized).jpg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpgIMG_9563 (resized).jpg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpgIMG_9565 (resized).jpg
IMG_9566 (resized).jpgIMG_9566 (resized).jpg
IMG_9573 (resized).jpgIMG_9573 (resized).jpg
IMG_9577 (resized).jpgIMG_9577 (resized).jpg

#5702 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod style to wake things up! As promised, the prototyping, design, and Endless test runs are now done and the Batman 66 Atomic Pile is now DONE! (not for sale yet but Very soon!) Thanks for all your interest!!
The Mod Couple

I dunno... the difference between your mod and the Stern original is very subtle. In fact I can hardly tell them apart

#5703 6 years ago

I’m in. How much?

#5704 6 years ago

I failed to note that this entire Mod "structure" is made from ABS durable plastic. Not cheap PLA plastic which would break in this environment. Minor detail but we can't have the atomic generator breaking down!

#5705 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I’m in. How much?

I am working on that just burning the midnight oil to get the part CAD models done and display a finished product on time as promised. As mentioned, I will update everyone when they are available and what the final price will be very soon. Thanks for your interest!

The Mod Couple (up late to pull this off)

#5706 6 years ago

Just when I thought you guys couldn't top yourselves after the Speaker Light upgrade kits...you did!!! Amazing job!! Count me in for one!!

Edit: If possible, when you have the time please purchase a KISS Pre or LE so I can buy some more of your mods. Thank you!

#5707 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod Couple style to wake things up!

Looks awesome. Price and delivery timeframe are all we're waiting for...

#5708 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well this Club is awful quiet?? How about a "Atomic Pile" Mod Couple style to wake things up! As promised, the prototyping, design, and Endless test runs are now done and the Batman 66 Atomic Pile is now DONE! (not for sale yet but Very soon!) I think the design came out Very nice and Much better fits the theme, scene, and Class this pinball machine is in. While Stern made a very nice attempt our creation we feel really compliments the Batcave as it should be. All kits are currently being designed as a plug and play. You remove only the plug and 2 screws holding your Stern Atomic plastic and your done. The fit of this setup as you can see is like a Glove! I did have to make one concession and raise it .25" to accommodate the Stern squishy dog toy phone. If you have the slimmer aftermarket one you can simply remove my provided spacer though I actually Really like is just a bit higher so it covers the TV when the Batcave mode is running. (rotated) Also, with it raised it nicely shows the upper deck and applied warning stickers. I did need to keep it slightly still a Pinball theme so the silicone rings are used instead of the steel rings seen on the actual Atomic Pile. These rings also act as the replacement buffer behind the TV perfectly since the old ones will now be gone. Have a look at the pictures, we would love to know what you think! Love or hate, we do this because we enjoy it and love the 66 theme. (plus theres no code anyway!) I am Hoping to have these available in About a week. Please note that this mod takes an Insane amount of time to fabricate, assemble, paint, detail, etc so they will not be a shelf item but we will build them as fast as we can if there is interest. I will update all on pricing and availability for anyone interested. Thanks for all your interest!!
The Mod Couple

Wow, a lot more detailed than I expected. I'm in.

#5709 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

My first thought when George repeated that "Lyman is working full time on Batman at Expo was maybe that is actually true, but that means Batman+Spike2 since Batman is the first Spike2 game and that there are serious issues with Spike (Jokes about Star Wars frying node boards notwithstanding).
You can't just sit down as a programmer and say "today I will be brilliant" and furiously turn out code and sometimes you can go days or weeks without major progress. Maybe he did write major sections of code, throw them out and start over because he didn't like the direction. We know there was a June code package ready that was never released, but what's been happening the last three months if the Expo level code isn't significantly different from what was in testing in June?
It's not like Lyman is a junior programmer just learning how to program a pinball game. If George was telling the truth (and I want to believe that's the case) that means something is seriously wrong.
Maybe Lyman is sick and unable to spend much time on Batman. Maybe there is a serious underlying problem with the Spike 2 platform. Maybe they just way underestimated what it would take to integrate video (it took JJP years to get WOZ going). We may never know. But this can't be "normal".

Just because Lyman was awesome for years doesn't mean He couldn't be flaky right now.

Stopped Me from completing my purchase on SWLE. Sold game before I received it.

#5710 6 years ago

I'm in On this! I also sent you a PM. Great job Mod Couple. You're the new Dynamic Duo

#5711 6 years ago

Yelobird holy mother of mods batman!

That is awesome, even better than I expected

#5713 6 years ago

That looks outstanding!
Like it should've been there, like that, all along. Big thumbs up!!!

#5714 6 years ago

Great Job yelobird!
Count me in!!
Lou

#5715 6 years ago

Also in on a bat pile! Great work!

#5716 6 years ago

I’m in. That will finish it off nicely

#5717 6 years ago

That new atomic pile is neat.

Is this all made possible by 3d printing? I don't know much about that technology but that is cool if this is how this stuff is being fabricated.

#5718 6 years ago

Puts Sterns Atomic Pile to shame!

By the time we get code these games won't look anything like they did when they left the Stern factory, some game changing mods rolling out for this game!

#5719 6 years ago

Wow. Very nice. I'm in. I'm guessing most of the labor is painting this?

This and the left ramp mod are going to be two "must haves" for this game. (The third will be the elusive release level code!)

What else you have in mind for Batman 66?

#5720 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple

Looks amazing!!! Count me in!!!

#5721 6 years ago

Yet another home run by the Mod Couple . . . count me in too!

#5723 6 years ago

Very cool. I'm gonna be honest. I didn't even know the factory version was the Atomic Pile (didn't even know it was called that until this message board, actually). Your version makes it clear. Count me in, too!

#5724 6 years ago

Really nice. I’ll take one for sure!!!

#5725 6 years ago

Someone is going to wake up this morning, see the new post count and think code dropped ...

#5726 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone is going to wake up this morning, see the new post count and think code dropped ...

Too funny!!!....how amazing would a Sunday code drop be??....chances slim to none, I suspect....

#5727 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Very cool. I'm gonna be honest. I didn't even know the factory version was the Atomic Pile (didn't even know it was called that until this message board, actually). Your version makes it clear. Count me in, too!

If it wasn't for Stern's little sticker no one would know that was the atomic pile. Lol.

#5728 6 years ago

I’m the Odd Man out, I like the original pile better.

#5729 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

I’m the Odd Man out, I like the original pile better.

IMG_6171 (resized).JPGIMG_6171 (resized).JPG

#5730 6 years ago

Atomic Pile looks great - great mods from the Mod Couple!

#5731 6 years ago

Very cool, count me in.

#5732 6 years ago

Thank you All for the comments, suggestions, and feedback! It feels great to know your concept and direction didn't take a left turn so to speak. With that said there were a few Appreciated comments I wanted to cover. First, I failed to note that this was my prototype assembly so I did not miss my commitment to display by weekend. In making the first product the first thing that hit me was I did not like the color or finish of the blue parts. They were a touch to "plasticky" and the powder blue just did not do it for me. I am going with different color on the blue parts that I feel many will like much better. (plus it will calm my OCD lol) Second, while not called out I did decided to have the Core lens image of the Pile professionally printed to give it darker and more defined detail. I enjoy rushing to meet deadlines but not sacrificing the best possible result. These are very Minor edits and should not delay us (Amazon is open 24/7)! Thank you all again for your interest, feedback, and support!! We will update soon with final results/edits as well as availability! Minor tease... I think everyone will like what we are doing (not done) with the Batmobile spinner table!! I think the results look Awesome but these are Not done and will take a while do to the Atomic interest.

#5733 6 years ago

Very interested in the atomic pile.

#5734 6 years ago

Just looking through Batman 66 Atomic Pile on google and discovered some episodes had an extra floor on the atomic pile while in others its either missing or goes into the rock face as such covered.

bm66 pile with top (resized).jpgbm66 pile with top (resized).jpg

#5735 6 years ago

Okay this needs to be shared here, just stumbled across this on google, maybe a couple hundred dollars less I would be all over one of these.

https://www.factoryent.com/Batman-1966-TV-Series-Batcave-Desktop-Sculpture-p/408958.htm

#5736 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the color or finish of the blue parts

Was just about to make a suggestion about that- looks too baby blue. the photo above its more of a green grey.

I could probably do without the bat sticker on the top of the light, but assuming I could just peel that off.

#5737 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was just about to make a suggestion about that- looks too baby blue. the photo above its more of a green grey.
I could probably do without the bat sticker on the top of the light, but assuming I could just peel that off.

I agree. Definitely more green than blue.

#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay this needs to be shared here, just stumbled across this on google, maybe a couple hundred dollars less I would be all over one of these.
https://www.factoryent.com/Batman-1966-TV-Series-Batcave-Desktop-Sculpture-p/408958.htm

Soooo your saying you would pay close to $800 for a model??? lol No chance mine will cost anywhere near that Promise! Also, yes technically to scale the Real Atomic pile acually had a third level deck though the Batcave was not limited to a Pinball Glass Ceiling as I am. lol You are very observant and we hope to make some of the fine tuned updates quickly. Have one new update to add also in a few minutes...

#5739 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Soooo your saying you would pay close to $800 for a model??? lol No chance mine will cost anywhere near that Promise! Also, yes technically to scale the Real Atomic pile acually had a third level deck though the Batcave was not limited to a Pinball Glass Ceiling as I am. lol You are very observant and we hope to make some of the fine tuned updates quickly. Have one new update to add also in a few minutes...

Oh hell no, like I said a few hundred dollars less, plus the advantage of the exchange rate I wouldn't mind one of those in my gamesroom but $800 is insane, although if you look at that as a topper, compared to the $500-$600 Stern are charging for the Premium BM66 topper its bargain

Yeah I am quite observant/obsessive when it comes to the smaller details, I think we share a common problem - extreme OCD, its as much a blessing as it is a pain in the ass, but having said that you have certainly raised the standard/quality of mods around here big time!

#5740 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

DO you think we could just swap the whole turntable out an stick one of these in there?

#5741 6 years ago

Heres a closeup from that model J85 just linked. Definitely got a bit of green.

pile (resized).jpgpile (resized).jpg

#5742 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

DO you think we could just swap the whole turntable out an stick one of these in there?

No need now we have @yelobird, making the Batcave side of the turntable look badass.

#5743 6 years ago

Few minutes are up! We promised a few days ago due to Many requests to update a second Batmobile custom mounting plate to accomidate the Awesome but scaled differently Eaglemoss replica cars. First a Huge thank you to #Docquest for his recommendation to consider their cool Batman 66 villian cars. They are Incredibly detailed and offer several really cool and affordable options. While I originally went with the original Stern SLE hotwheels look there just in no sense to have another Batmobile on the playfield! Following the theme of the game the Eaglemoss villan cars look Awesome. I went with the Penguin Stolen Batmobile and the Joker Beach car. They are extremely authentic to the show and look great. The new Mod Couple option is the "Batmobile Custom Eaglemoss mounting plate". The plate is slightly longer and the shape is changed in width and other variables. Also, since the plate is longer do notice the slight offset towards the top should you already have the Gotham City post sign. (Can't have mods fighting mods!) Hand painted mod kit is hand painted and includes the standoffs needed like the other kit. Unfortunately my material layout yield was off with the additional sizing so the the Eaglemoss kit will be $2 extra sorry.... Cost for the Eaglemoss kit is $27.25 + $6.95 shipping. PM for interest, both sizes are currently available!! Minor cool note, the Eaglemoss cars include mounting screws in the bottom so install is as simple as picking a car(s) and drilling (2) 1/8" holes for a permanent mount. Thanks to all for the request and interest.

The Mod Couple

IMG_9581 (resized).jpgIMG_9581 (resized).jpg

IMG_9583 (resized).jpgIMG_9583 (resized).jpg

IMG_9582 (resized).jpgIMG_9582 (resized).jpg

#5744 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty please, give the Mod Couple another week(ish) to show you what we will offer for the current "Pink" bat car spinner. I think you'll like it and it's fairly simple and low cost. With the New Atomic Pile addition that florescent pink disk just doesn't cut it anymore for me. Stay tuned, same bat-channel............

#5745 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty please, give the Mod Couple another week(ish) to show you what we will offer for the current "Pink" bat car spinner. I think you'll like it and it's fairly simple and low cost. With the New Atomic Pile addition that florescent pink disk just doesn't cut it anymore for me. Stay tuned, same bat-channel............

Do you have any other games? I notice you don't display your collection on Pinside. Reason I ask is, I am hoping you own some more of the games I have for future mods

Looking forward to seeing the spinner mod you have, so far every mod you have made for BM66 has been a homerun!

#5746 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you have any other games? I notice you don't display your collection on Pinside. Reason I ask is, I am hoping you own some more of the games I have for future mods
Looking forward to seeing the spinner mod you have, so far every mod you have made for BM66 has been a homerun!

Thanks for the kind words. Yes we have about 14 games in our collection with JJP POTC and Houdini on their way. We do offer mods for other titles (MM, Hobbit, BK, FH, TZ, etc) in our Mod Couple Pinside store. Truth is for us some games are very personal to us an Deserve a special treatment. We try not to make a mod that is just stick an LED into toy and sell type. Not all mods are for everyone and Totally respect that. For me, if it adds a creative value or adds quality I think mods are safe. TZ as an example "Jumped the Shark" so to speak which is why I got out of that mod game. I started this 14 years ago with a simple TZ Slot machine and TZ lamp and since then that machine has been pimped by anything people can stick in it. Again, not bad just not my taste or interest. Thanks again for your compliment and interest. We love BATS! lol

#5747 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was just about to ask about the flouro disc.....

#5748 6 years ago

No doubt this SW code f*ck up has delayed B66 code even further. I bet Lyman had to jump in and sort it out.

#5749 6 years ago

Finally had some time to install my pin stadium kit in my Batman66 today. Very happy with the improvement. I have the GI module with the UV flasher options. I hooked the flasher circuit to the pop bumper playfield flasher.

The biggest improvement is how much brighter it looks in the upper playfield area in front of the turntable. That area is just too dark with the stock factory lighting.

The GI module also makes for a much more dramtic start to each game due to the bigger difference in light between all GI on vs off. In attract mode everything is on all nice and bright. Then when you start a game the GI goes totally dark (along with pin stadium if you have GI module option). The Batman intro jingle plays and the Batsignal is lit on the back panel as Commisioner Gordon calls the dynamic duo into service. If you installed the mini playfield Batsignal that lights up at this time as well.Then after the intro jingle finishes everything lights back up and you start the game, very cool. Here are my before and after pics.

20171022_201353 (resized).jpg20171022_201353 (resized).jpg

20171022_201311 (resized).jpg20171022_201311 (resized).jpg

#5750 6 years ago

So the batmobile flew off the turntable today. Is the Stern fix to send you a new batmobile riveted to the platform? Has anyone done it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 34.99
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/115?hl=batman60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.