PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 373.
#5601 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only the Stern Army was interviewed! lol Didn't you get your recruitment papers? I think #JHF is just upset he wasn't enlisted in their awesome army to spread pinball joy across the planet! lol Just Kidding!!

Maybe they were asking the tournament players who were playing the Batman66 in the tournament. I didn't play in the tournament and don't really give a crap about score on my games. I play just to go through the modes (which doesnt take long on the current code).

#5602 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ebay.com link
wowsers.

Ohio isnt too far from expo. Could that be the one from the free play room that was for sale on the first day than disappeared?

If you want to buy it do you need to make a video explaining why you should be allowed to buy it?

Maybe Stern will buy it back since it hasnt been 18 months yet. LOL ! (Remeber the clause in the application).

Screenshot_20171018-085249 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171018-085249 (resized).png

#5603 6 years ago

SLE art is pretty great.

#5604 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

SLE art is pretty great.

The side art is awesome with those metallic embossed decals. I hope they use that style on future games (as long as they are not 15K).

#5605 6 years ago

Rob Berk was the contact number on the SLE that was for sale at the show.

#5606 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ebay.com link
wowsers.

If it was always just the initial 30 SLEs, i think they'd keep their value no matter what the state of the software. But then it got bumped to 80, and add 240 LEs. We found the limits of the rich guy market.

#5607 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If it was always just the initial 30 SLEs, i think they'd keep their value no matter what the state of the software. But then it got bumped to 80, and add 240 LEs. We found the limits of the rich guy market.

I thought the SLEs had 50. Each one is numbered by year, from 1966 to 2016. I just looked at my certificate that came with the game and it also states there are 50.

Did they make more? I'm honestly just curious.

Bat1 (resized).pngBat1 (resized).png

Bat2 (resized).pngBat2 (resized).png

#5608 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I thought the SLEs had 50. Each one is numbered by year, from 1966 to 2016. I just looked at my certificate that came with the game and it also states there are 50.

There were two sets of SLEs - one was 30 years for Stern, the other was 50 years for Batman.

#5609 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There were two sets of SLEs - one was 30 years for Stern, the other was 50 years for Batman.

Supposedly the 30 went to industry people.
Curious if anyone here has one of the 30, mine is one of the 50.

#5610 6 years ago

I'm curious what kind of certificate SLE #51-80 got?

#5611 6 years ago

The one at the show was one of the 50 as well.

#5612 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I have 2012

#5613 6 years ago

Just a Minor update from The Mod Couple. While not for everyones taste, the Batman 66 "Atomic Pile" plug and play kit is coming along Incredibly well!!! It looks Awesome and the detail and fit is spot on. I am hopeful everyone will appreciate the detail/precision this upgrade offers. It was crazy how many hours went into engineering and modeling this assembly but the results were worth it! I am Hopeful to have final assembly pictures up in the coming week thought the wiring is still in process. Loved this challenge.

The Mod Couple

#5614 6 years ago

That purchase application is the peak of arrogance.

#5615 6 years ago

installed the mod couple light kit for batman '66. It looks great but unfortunately hard to centre perfectly owing to the design of the machine but very happy with the kit. Feedback for Yelobird is that the brightness adjuster is a bit hit and miss and also when installing some of the two pin connectors was fiddly but cool mod.

IMG_6324 (resized).jpegIMG_6324 (resized).jpeg

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

installed the mod couple light kit for batman '66. It looks great but unfortunately hard to centre perfectly owing to the design of the machine but very happy with the kit. Feedback for Yelobird is that the brightness adjuster is a bit hit and miss and also when installing some of the two pin connectors was fiddly but cool mod.

Agreed, the brightness adjuster is a Slow delicate screw but luckily once you set it you are done. Yes, I agree it upset me that the position Stern put the speaker hole in does not allow for absolutely perfect left/right alignment (I mentioned I have OCD?) but pretty hard to see when installed unless you look for it. Your install looks Great and we greatly appreciate your feedback and interest in our products!!!

The Mod Couple

#5617 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

30 for years of Stern. 50 for years of Batman. 80 total. Supposedly about 30 went overseas, leaving about 50 in North America.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm curious what kind of certificate SLE #51-80 got?

50 was added after the 30. So it's 31-80.

#5618 6 years ago

I know that, but the certificate above says 1 of 50, not 1 of 80, so they must have a different certificate for 30 other owners.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/113#post-4026154

Quoted from PinMonk:

30 for years of Stern. 50 for years of Batman. 80 total. Supposedly about 30 went overseas, leaving about 50 in North America.

50 was added after the 30. So it's 31-80.

#5619 6 years ago

I have Year 1999 from the 30 series. The certificates says that it's one of the 30 and the plaque on the machine shows the Stern logo in addition to the Batman logo.

IMG_6004 (resized).jpgIMG_6004 (resized).jpg

IMG_5998 (resized).JPGIMG_5998 (resized).JPG

#5620 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed, the brightness adjuster is a Slow delicate screw but luckily once you set it you are done. Yes, I agree it upset me that the position Stern put the speaker hole in does not allow for absolutely perfect left/right alignment (I mentioned I have OCD?) but pretty hard to see when installed unless you look for it. Your install looks Great and we greatly appreciate your feedback and interest in our products!!!
The Mod Couple

Do the SLE's use a different speaker panel? Or are they also not aligned in the centre??

#5621 6 years ago

I believe Yelobird mentioned that Stern lowered the speaker placement in the SLE just slightly compared to LE and Prem panels. Might be just enough to cause the honeycomb pattern to line up better for mounting the bat symbol? Just a guess...

#5622 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do the SLE's use a different speaker panel? Or are they also not aligned in the centre??

Different speaker in the SLE I think is the reason why it works.

#5623 6 years ago

I'll gladly take off center speaker panels to save a few thousand dollars.

#5624 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think the outer speaker panel is same on all models (except for SLE sparkle power coat). I think there us a separate inner plate that the speaker mounts to that is different for the SLE. Speaker is mounted lower and there is no gridwork within the speaker cutout hole.

#5625 6 years ago

Here's a close up of a SLE speaker panel from the other mod thread. Look how off center the Bat logo is. This is direct from Stern! That should cure your OCD regarding the off center panels. Lol.

d1da1b5c491dd3c33858495a81d397c2cf8c9056 (resized).jpgd1da1b5c491dd3c33858495a81d397c2cf8c9056 (resized).jpg

#5626 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Here's a close up of a SLE speaker panel from the other mod thread. Look how off center the Bat logo is. This is direct from Stern! That should cure your OCD regarding the off center panels. Lol.

Speaker itself isn't even centre, in which case Yelobird managed to replicate Sterns factory look down to every detail

Seems like a simple fix though if someone was really that bothered, pretty sure the alignment/mounting could be changed on the back if someone's OCD pushed them that far, either way Yelobird speaker mod is superb!

Now if only someone was close to creating SLE cabinet art

#5627 6 years ago

If anything the Yelobird mod needs to be more off center to look authentic... I look forward to getting mine.

#5628 6 years ago

I ordered my light kit this morning...can't wait!!

#5629 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

I ordered my light kit this morning...can't wait!!

You're gonna love it!

#5630 6 years ago

You're gonna love it!

In the installation it is required electrician acknowledgement? Or it is just screw and unscrew without soldering or changing cables?

#5631 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes, I agree it upset me that the position Stern put the speaker hole in does not allow for absolutely perfect left/right alignment

I agree, it does seem strange. I'm not sure if they were hoping for more speaker separation or what, but I think the bigger issue is the honeycomb placement.

I have been messing with these panels a lot. If I had my way they would have had an extra short honeycomb column on the outer side of the honeycomb patters and centered them on each side (between the display edge and the speaker panel edge).

Quoted from J85M:

Speaker itself isn't even centre, in which case yelobird managed to replicate Sterns factory look down to every detail
Seems like a simple fix though if someone was really that bothered, pretty sure the alignment/mounting could be changed on the back if someone's OCD pushed them that far, either way yelobird speaker mod is superb!
Now if only someone was close to creating SLE cabinet art

As for simply changing the speaker alignment....you couldn't really change it the direction it would need to go. If you needed the speaker to go AWAY from the display....theoretically you could add washers / spacers and longer screws to hold the display in. Even this would have it's limit as the speaker plates mounting slots (and the speaker plate width) would only allow you to shift the speaker plate outward so far,...BUT the speaker would actually have to go TOWARD the display to be centered with the honeycomb pattern more...and that's pretty much impossible without making a replacement speaker plate with the speaker hole in a different location.

I'm not sure how the speaker in the super LE is, but the standard Stern speaker can only have it's speaker hole moved over a small bit because of their wonky "we will save $.05 by using only 2 mounting points per speaker and positioning the speaker in a diamond position instead of the normal "squared up" position".

With that being said, the speakers actually ARE centered between the edge of the display and the outer edge of the speaker panel....the thing is the honeycomb patters is what is not centered. When you see the speakers lit up (like NeilMcRae's picture above) you can see the lit rings do look centered on the panel....just not centered with the speaker honeycombs. I'm sure it's just a case of them not putting much though into it when designing the speaker panels for SPIKE 2. Having said that, please don't change anything Stern, please don't change anything Stern, please don't change anything Stern, please don't change anything Stern. Spike 2 Speaker Light Kits are about to be released from SpeakerLightKits.com and I don't want SPIKE 2.X or SPIKE 3 (or at least any speaker panel changes) any time soon.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#5632 6 years ago

Doug, I think you're pretty safe from Stern reading anything in this thread.

#5633 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly....neither wants a legacy failure with their name on it. Truly convinced ( especially now) that this game has been a bitch to code, and they are going to be very, very picky with how the code is laid out. While excruciating, these are all signs that it will stand alone at some point, in its own way.
No way this gets abandoned...no freakin way.....

Better to wait much longer than expected and be paid off for it.

I just put my BM66 on location next to TWD and SW. Curious to see how it earns. This will make the code wait easier.

Anyone who really thinks this is abandoned isn’t paying attention to the facts...

#5634 6 years ago

UPDATE for me

Spent some more quality time on my TWDLE and it reminded me what a F ing MASTERPIECE it is from Lyman and Borg.

Then i flipped over to BM66 and man i really think it will be as good or better from Lyman due to the theme, campiness and LCD.

The potential is HUGE and I feel when final code drops Stern will have a home run here.

I bought because IN LYMAN WE TRUST!!!!!

#5635 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

UPDATE for me
Spent some more quality time on my TWDLE and it reminded me what a F ing MASTERPIECE it is from Lyman and Borg.
Then i flipped over to BM66 and man i really think it will be as good or better from Lyman due to the theme, campiness and LCD.
The potential is HUGE and I feel when final code drops Stern will have a home run here.
I bought because IN LYMAN WE TRUST!!!!!

Ok, better play it again to remind me. Haven't touched it for a couple of months.

#5636 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

If anything the yelobird mod needs to be more off center to look authentic... I look forward to getting mine.

I Really wanted to custom make the inner metal Stern mounting plate to relocate the speaker to true center but at a certain point a the customization becomes a new and costly creation. I wanted to provide the most authentic and quality kit we could produce without having the owners Completely rebuild the game. For the record, Stern not only moved the speaker closer to the outer edge from the SLE model but also moved them Up! I realized this when my first assembly of Bats was off the grid so to speak. You can verify this by counting the dead honey comb rows on an SLE vs a Premium or LE. All good. We think the kits turned out great and the feedback has been wonderful. I am VERY certain to raise the bar High with the "Atomic Pile" replacement mod very soon. I will say at this time probably my most complicated and detailed toy creation to date!! We appreciate you.

The Mod Couple

#5637 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I just put my BM66 on location next to TWD and SW.

Be curious how it earns. That's some stiff competition.

#5638 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am VERY certain to raise the bar High with the "Atomic Pile" replacement mod very soon. I will say at this time probably my most complicated and detailed toy creation to date!!

Care to share some details of what we can look forward to?

#5639 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

In the installation it is required electrician acknowledgement? Or it is just screw and unscrew without soldering or changing cables?

It's very easy and straight forward with no soldering needed. A nut driver and Philips screwdriver are all you need. I did however upgrade my speakers, removed the "grid" inside the panel and paint the tweeters beforehand. Just read the directions and study the pics carefully before you begin and make sure you understand them. You won't mess any of the connections up because they only connect one way. Don't tighten the screws all the way down until you have those 4 screws for the LCD threaded, step 8 I believe it is. Don't overtighten the nuts. You don't wanna snap the posts off. Any questions feel free to pm me or Yelobird. Good luck!

#5640 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol, JFH. All I can say is I am doing Everything I can do give my (others) games a look similar to the picture below! In a Very miniature version. lol I will Promise it looks Way better than what Stern put on the game and as always this will be a Completely plug and play remove old assembly, install new upgrade type kit. 2 screw, 1 plug, Play! I do think you will like it and I promise as always to share the Completed product as soon as it is ready! Our estimate is this weekend. (And no, there will not be any villain bodies on ours!)

Batman-0002 (resized).jpgBatman-0002 (resized).jpg

#5641 6 years ago

It's very easy and straight forward with no soldering needed. A nut driver and Philips screwdriver are all you need. I did however upgrade my speakers, removed the "grid" inside the panel and paint the tweeters beforehand. Just read the directions and study the pics carefully before you begin and make sure you understand them. You won't mess any of the connections up because they only connect one way. Don't tighten the screws all the way down until you have those 4 screws for the LCD threaded, step 8 I believe it is. Don't overtighten the nuts. You don't wanna snap the posts off. Any questions feel free to pm me or Yelobird. Good luck!

Thanks a lot Thundergod! I’m In Yelobird....I will ask my Brother if he wants for his L.E. then we place just 1 order for both of us.

#5642 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm hoping we can get rid of those wobbly plastic pieces Stern used around the reactor. If nothing else this code wait has been easier to deal with thanks to Yelobird's awesome mods.

#5643 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be curious how it earns. That's some stiff competition.

You and me both. I'll report back in nebulous relative terms when I have some data. I expect it to earn the most.

#5644 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from Piperpinball,on his new alt.translite for us??Or,Like Aurich,did the blue meanies from Stern appear to "suggest otherwise"???

#5645 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol, JFH. All I can say is I am doing Everything I can do give my (others) games a look similar to the picture below! In a Very miniature version. lol I will Promise it looks Way better than what Stern put on the game and as always this will be a Completely plug and play remove old assembly, install new upgrade type kit. 2 screw, 1 plug, Play! I do think you will like it and I promise as always to share the Completed product as soon as it is ready! Our estimate is this weekend. (And no, there will not be any villain bodies on ours!)

As soon as I saw your shooter lane mount I mentioned you doing the Atomic Pile, specially with your good lady pinstriping/painting the edges like she did on the Batmobile/Boat mount, pretty certain it's going to look awesome and very much looking forward to the reveal this weekend!

Any chance you could also do a new mount for the Batmobile spinner? The factory organgy/red mount looks like sh*t, something show accurate or something like your Batmobile/boat mount with red edging and the Batmobile bat symbol cut out in the middle with more red edging would look awesome!!

#5646 6 years ago

I've been thinking the same about the Batmobile spinner. Maybe yellow or one other color choice.

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As soon as I saw your shooter lane mount I mentioned you doing the Atomic Pile, specially with your good lady pinstriping/painting the edges like she did on the Batmobile/Boat mount, pretty certain it's going to look awesome and very much looking forward to the reveal this weekend!
Any chance you could also do a new mount for the Batmobile spinner? The factory organgy/red mount looks like sh*t, something show accurate or something like your Batmobile/boat mount with red edging and the Batmobile bat symbol cut out in the middle with more red edging would look awesome!!

We thank you for the suggestion and yes that is something I was considering after the Atomic cool Pile is done. From request however I plan (very quick sneak in product) to add a second variation to the Batmobile mount plate to allow for the Eaglemoss 1:43 scale models to fit. As doc showed the detail on them is Spectacular and they offer some Really cool villain cars which to me (and others) fit better since there is already a Batmobile on the playfield. I will offer both variations but many have requested the slightly larger version to accommodate the other toys. Myself included! Made a last minute color change (OCD perfection) to the Atomic Pile today but still on track to complete this weekend. Thanks again for everyones interest!

The Mod Couple

#5648 6 years ago

Well at least we didn't get a code update that fried our node boards. That's one benefit of being a B66 owner.

#5649 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well at least we didn't get a code update that fried our node boards. That's one benefit of being a B66 owner.

I was thinking the same thing. I kept checking for updates like everyone else, but now I'm in no hurry for the download. I think I will wait once it is posted for feedback before I even attempt to load new code.

#5650 6 years ago

Maybe Thanksgiving?
This is ridiculous.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.