Topic Stats

• 14,856 posts
  • 556 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by treborlicec
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg
9B8B0743-4C58-4970-A3CB-430C73ABAE85 (resized).jpeg
3FCFAF96-10A4-4F96-A76F-2BD745FEE191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6196 (resized).jpg
IMG_6199 (resized).jpg
b66 meme (resized).jpg
8070248B-4F30-4C58-AA8F-1F76BE819A1E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14856 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 298.
#5351 2 years ago

Can we bring up the graph just one more time? This time I think it might go off the charts.

#5352 2 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Wow - from version .75 to .8-something in, what? 150 days? Where's the graph showing how long it'll take to get to 1.0 given 150 days for a 0.05 update?

Giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying it will be 0.85 (although I can't believe the PRODUCER doesn't know off the top of his head what the version is - he probably doesn't want to start a riot by saying it), that would mean at the current rate Batman '66 will be at 1.00 on literally April Fools 2018. Appropriate.

#5353 2 years ago

working full time on the code, suuuuuuuuuuure. it would have been done by now if that's the only thing he's doing.

#5354 2 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

working full time on the code, suuuuuuuuuuure. it would have been done by now if that's the only thing he's doing.

He meant to say "Of all the games Stern produce based on Batman, Lyman has been working exclusively on this one."

#5355 2 years ago

Unbelievable.

For the first time I can now see a scenario in 5 years plus time where there is only one pin manufacturer and it will be JJP, not Stern.

Not a POTC fan but boy that game has innovation, toys, and has the real wow factor.

Stern have got away with stripped down games for too long and usually it is the code that saves them.

Usually

#5356 2 years ago

I still see Stern as the last surviving pinball company. When in the year 2047 they release the 50th anniversary super collectors edition of South Park.

#5357 2 years ago

This must have made Stern wince......

858719992a5c8a21cf387b8c2f3e0abdf6bc2924.png (resized).jpg

#5358 2 years ago

Well I don't need neither more than 100 "modes" nor a 108x multiplier or hacking the action button, but I want a real version 1.0. Very embarassing for all Stern employees to come to an Expo with nothing while the emerging competitor comes up with a feature packed new machine. Let's see how the features (hard- and software) translate into fun.

At this time I am starting to "not feel frustrated and angry", but I feel even sorry for Stern.

#5359 2 years ago

I just don't understand why owners can't have the code that is on the expo machines now??? There are other shows happening to around the world this weekend (https://www.playexpomanchester.com), where batman 66 games will be on the floor, but those aren't allowed the update either????

#5360 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This must have made Stern wince......

I genuinely don't think they did, I think Stern/Gary are so ignorantly complacent/over confident in their imaginary 90% market share that I don't believe they even realise isn't true anymore.

Genuinely worried for Stern moving forward, the talent they have under their roof is capable of phenomenal games, but like Gary's comments on widebody gsmes "if one of these guys (pointing at designers) really wanted to push a widebody, well.... just don't, just don't ask".

That shows how complacent Gary is and a complete lack of innovation or trying anything different or new. If JJP could just reduces prices a little more they could wipe Stern out of the home/collectors market, which would ultimately be a shame.

#5361 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern's presentation was all about barcodes and markets they wanted to serve, no acknowledgement they understood their customers.

Sterns presentation made it glaringly obvious they have absolutely no clue about their customer base or Gary is so blind/arrogant that he doesn't realise the home collector is the future not only at LE level but to advertise for free and expand the clientele for all these barcodes.

#5362 2 years ago

I get it. Everyone’s upset. I am too. But just because BM66 has been anything but smooth or honest doesn’t mean that POTC or JJP is a miracle. I get the Stern hate, but I don’t understand the JJP love. People really still want to spend $8,500 on a base level game? And... gasp... $12,500 on a “SLE”? Color me confused. I’m all messed up now lol- Upset and confused. ...And still 100% confident BM66 turns out amazing... eventually... just apparently a LOT longer away than anyone imagined.

#5363 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I genuinely don't think they did, I think Stern/Gary are so ignorantly complacent/over confident in their imaginary 90% market share that I don't believe they even realise isn't true anymore.
Genuinely worried for Stern moving forward, the talent they have under their roof is capable of phenomenal games, but like Gary's comments on widebody gsmes "if one of these guys (pointing at designers) really wanted to push a widebody, well.... just don't, just don't ask".
That shows how complacent Gary is and a complete lack of innovation or trying anything different or new. If JJP could just reduces prices a little more they could wipe Stern out of the home/collectors market, which would ultimately be a shame.

It's how complacency works. Gary has been sole survivor for so many years and with sales still increasing, I guess he can't see the threat JJP now present.

Happens to so many great companies. By the time they see the threat, it becomes too late to react and then they are consigned to history.

Not too late for Stern , but boy, they do need to wake up and smell the coffee, which means a lot of changes going forward.

If they continue to update code in the way that has worked for them in the past, they won't like their future a few more years down the line......

#5364 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I get it. Everyone’s upset. I am too. But just because BM66 has been anything but smooth or honest doesn’t mean that POTC or JJP is a miracle. I get the Stern hate, but I don’t understand the JJP love. People really still want to spend $8,500 on a base level game? And... gasp... $12,500 on a “SLE”? Color me confused. I’m all messed up now lol- Upset and confused. ...And still 100% confident BM66 turns out amazing... eventually... just apparently a LOT longer away than anyone imagined.

I wouldn't call JJP games base level. Their standards are way more "feature rich" than a stern LE

#5365 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

People really still want to spend $8,500 on a base level game? And... gasp... $12,500 on a “SLE”?

Yet you're posting this in a thread for a game that was $8600, $10000 and $15000(!!!!)???? I've been a vocal B66 defender since day one, but there is no way you could argue even the $15k b66sle comes remotely close to the $8500 POTC. Defintaley not on gameplay, value, toys, build quality. Art is the only saving grace. And the illusive code is a big maybe.

#5366 2 years ago

So there is a Batman 66 in the free play game area at expo running NEW CODE and there hasn't been 1 comment about it?

#5367 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sterns presentation made it glaringly obvious they they either have absolutely no clue about their customer base or Gary is so blind/arrogant that he doesn't realise the home collector is the future not only at LE level but to advertise for free and expand the clientele for all these barcodes.

100% agree! Why the hell did Stern even show up to expo? Because it was right down the street? This was their golden opportunity to effectively communicate with their customers and prove they are more than committed to their craft. They completely BLEW IT!! And what's worse is they really don't seem to care. I completely expect to start seeing at least one or two key people leaving Stern in the next few years. Why the hell would some of these passionate people stay? There's no way men like Gomez and Lyman can continue to compromise and undercut their work.

#5368 2 years ago

Having slept on it, I think everyone is this thread is right to be upset with Stern.

BM66 was a different game. There was no Pro model at all. It was their most expensive game, created to celebrate their 30th anniversary.

The hundreds of us that bought it are the "cream" customers that are going to be poached by other companies and less likely to be Stern LE customers, and certainly day 1 customers.

Stern will always have their Pros, and that will be the bedrock of their business, and they aren't going anywhere, but BM66 was a high-end "boutique" title, and they've blown it.

It's frustrating to watch, frustrating to be a part of it, because I like Stern the company and the people that work there. I'm left scratching my head.

#5369 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So there is a Batman 66 in the free play game area at expo running NEW CODE and there hasn't been 1 comment about it?

I'd love to comment about it but the update isnt available for download and the Atlantic Ocean is in the way for a personal view!

#5370 2 years ago

That new code at Expo must be REALLY awesome. People just can't stop playing long enough to post a quick video or write a review. Man, exciting times!!

#5371 2 years ago

Well, after watching both presentations last night I put a deposit down on a Potc CE

Why? I am excited about it much like I was with BM66.

I agree with others, I'm not sure Stern is even aware of what's going on around them with the sentiment now

To see what JJP did and then hear the excuses that Stern gave doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Furthermore, it almost feels like a poke in the eye that we didn't get the code update BEFORE Expo! Wtf?

It's supposedly coming next week. .80?

Oh well, good to have great choices

#5372 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yet you're posting this in a thread for a game that was $8600, $10000 and $15000(!!!!)???? I've been a vocal B66 defender since day one, but there is no way you could argue even the $15k b66sle comes remotely close to the $8500 POTC. Defintaley not on gameplay, value, toys, build quality. Art is the only saving grace. And the illusive code is a big maybe.

I’m not arguing for any ridiculous prices. Base BM 7600 not 8600.

#5373 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I’m not arguing for any ridiculous prices. Base BM 7600 not 8600.

And I’m posting here where it is relevant as someone among the rest of us who spent that high (and to me and my situation, silly) amount and won’t do it again. I bought a 9600 LE, it was a stretch, then “downgraded” to a premium which I got at a significant well below 7600 at a show. If you can’t see the relevance and application there isn’t much more I can type to help you see it. Simply- 8500+ is a lot for a pinball machine...no matter who made it, what it has and what code it ships with or ever receives.

#5374 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, after watching both presentations last night I put a deposit down on a Potc CE
I agree with others, I'm not sure Stern is even aware of what's going on around them with the sentiment now
To see what JJP did and then hear the excuses that Stern gave doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth.
Furthermore, it almost feels like a poke in the eye that we didn't get the code update BEFORE Expo! Wtf?

My only thought on why the code is on Stern booth machines only is maybe they are worried about driver board/node failing code issues that are yet to be ironed out or fully understood. We did see a quick update for SW after something bad was discovered. Maybe its that this new hardware platform is more complex and harder to work with then they first imagined? Or that by making cheaper, more smd based boards they open up a greater testing window, and require more carefully programmed rulesets. I'm guessing here but i can't think of anything else right now as to why they'd hold it back from owners.

#5375 2 years ago

I honestly think that the JJP reveal last night is going to benefit BM66 owners more than any other Stern unfinished code machines out there. I own a KISS LE and my hopes of ever having the cities do anything meaningfull or even have relevance to all of inserts is probably wishful thinking at this point. However, if Stern porks the BM66 club, especially after last night, they are essentially out of the LE/CE market IMHO.

I expect Stern to regroup and get answers to you guys. If not, the proverbial "straw" will have been placed on the camel's back.

#5376 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I'm guessing here but i can't think of anything else right now as to why they'd hold it back from owners.

The only other thing I can think of is to avoid more drama at Expo. Maybe they're afraid that owners will raise hell once they play the update and find that the new code is about where it was 140 days ago, or perhaps even regressed since they supposedly started over, or maybe just a few call outs and video clips ahead? More and more I think they're holding it back on purpose to avoid further embarrassment. We'll know soon enough. Stern appears totally clueless about what's going on around them, which makes me wonder if we're witnessing their "Kodak" moment.

Take Your Pick 2 (resized).png

#5377 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With you Doug.....from a business standpoint (which I know)...very unfortunate on Sterns part.

I just have to start thinking about another space for my CE, as BM66LE stays......

#5378 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I expect Stern to regroup and get answers to you guys.

I honestly don't think things will change, if they where then they should have changed already before Jack and all the other competition got their feet well under the table. I don't think Gary even realises what is going on, his whole presentation about barcades just seemed out of touch.

Yes there are more barcades popping up but I don't believe they are going to sustain Stern on their own, the home collector market is huge and Gary seems so unaware of that and everything else going on around him namely JJP absolutely killing it and making Stern look like amateurs.

Name the last Stern title that was received as well (even half as well) as Jacks POTC was last night.....?

#5379 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The hundreds of us that bought it are the "cream" customers that are going to be poached by other companies and less likely to be Stern LE customers, and certainly day 1 customers.

Yepp - I really wanted to get a SW LE, because of the theme. Even the meeeeh layout wouldn't have stopped me. But the lack of support for BM66 makes me boycotting Stern as long as this is solved.

In the meantime I ordered a Dialed In and bought a GoT last week. So I fight Targaryen, Lannister, Martell, etc instead of the Joker, Egghead, the Riddler, etc. or even the Death Star. Bad decision making by Stern...

bm01 (resized).jpeg
bm02 (resized).jpeg

p.s. another useless post

#5380 2 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Yepp - I really wanted to get a SW LE, because of the theme. Even the meeeeh layout wouldn't have stopped me. But the lack of support for BM66 makes me boycotting Stern as long as this is solved.

Give it a couple of years if Jack is willing to do POTC I am hopeful he might give SW a shot and finally give us a great SW pin!

If we as a community make enough noise we want a JJP SW that might help tempt them into making a pin worthy of the SW licence, what Stern made was a disgrace not just to SW but to pinball, for me it is the most disappointing pin in history .

#5381 2 years ago

Someone please play the new code and report back.

#5382 2 years ago

I started a new thread to keep the Stern vs JJP discussion out of this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern#post-4016754

#5383 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hard to really evaluate it at a show. Its loud and crowded there. You play a game and then have to go back in line if you want to play it again.

Definitely heard more adam and burt callouts but they were not the funny cool ones. Stuff like "ready player 1", "ball 1 locked" type of stuff. There was more variety in the video clips and a few new animations like batcopter and batgirl cycle grahics driving across LCD as you do combos (similar to the batmabile grahic driving across LCD in current code).

I didnt finish a villain to see the cliff hanger option. Someone I talked to said they did. As expected it lets you cash out the points at end of mode or continue mode for more points. Since I didn't do it I'm not sure if when you continue its still the same mode shots or something new? Didn't see a reverse flipper mode so not sure if its in there or not.

There may be more hidden in there but overall it doesnt appear to offer anything that seems significant in gameplay, looks like more tweaking and polishing without much meat.

Zach yesterday said the code on the game was a teaser release and not the official release. So I dont know if that means the relase we get will have more or less stuff than whats on the the expo games. Thats the only reason I can think of as to why they dont release whats on the machinrss here to us now.

#5384 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give it a couple of years if Jack is willing to do POTC I am hopeful he might give SW a shot and finally give us a great SW pin!

More on topic - I'd like to see what Jack could do with Batman 66.

But for now, we'll have to see what Stern does. Hopefully doc can play the new code and give us a report.

#5385 2 years ago
Quoted from frg:

In the meantime I ordered a Dialed In and bought a GoT last week.

I went ahead and bought a SWLE, Dwight's done a really great job on the code and the game plays great, but the way Stern required deposits before the LE/PRE reveal left a bad taste in my mouth. So getting treated poorly on the front end with SW and the lack of code on BM66, has me in the same place. My next game is TNA and Stern will have to earn my business back.

#5386 2 years ago

The real question is why don't they just release the code? They have new code and people are playing it at Expo. They even mentioned that they would give you the code on a USB drive at the booth, so why not just make it available for download? Stern says this is a teaser release and is not meant to be public code - OK but all we've ever had for this game is basically teaser releases. I feel like Stern is essentially giving the finger to those of us that bought this game based on what they told us at last years show.

#5387 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The real question is why don't they just release the code? They have new code and people are playing it at Expo. They even mentioned that they would give you the code on a USB drive at the booth, so why not just make it available for download? Stern says this is a teaser release and is not meant to be public code - OK but all we've ever had for this game is basically teaser releases. I feel like Stern is essentially giving the finger to those of us that bought this game based on what they told us at last years show.

Yep, and it's obvious to most of us now. Poor Vireland got ridiculed for saying that for months now. It turns out he was right all along.

#5388 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The real question is why don't they just release the code? /blockquote>

Probably cause it's just a beta and they aren't ready, nothing unusual here. They need a ton more time i'm sure.

#5389 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Poor Vireland got ridiculed for saying that for months now. It turns out he was right all along.

Hindsight is 20/20. We had no real reason to doubt what Stern said last year. Now we do.

Stern has burned through all the goodwill they had with Batman 66 owners. We'll wait for their actions to se if their words mean anything.

#5390 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hindsight is 20/20. We had no real reason to doubt what Stern said last year. Now we do.
Stern has burned through all the goodwill they had with Batman 66 owners. We'll wait for their actions to se if their words mean anything.

You're definitely right about burned up good will. And the really sad thing is that we really don't know where we stand even now, because they're bogarting the code update. Worse yet, they're offering to let anyone who walks by at Expo with a flash drive take a puff on it, meanwhile, $10K-$15K paid-in-full owners who didn't make it to Expo this year are left at home scratching their heads. Talk about flipping the bird at their "cream" customers, as Frolic coined recently.

#5391 2 years ago

Stern was better off not showing up to Expo at all.

#5392 2 years ago

Well, let's get our minds off of code for one minute and help the new gal out....I just installed undercab lighting for the first time. It looks great, but I'm getting a reflection from the strips onto my hardwood floor. Most of the pics I've seen, it looks like the pins are on carpet or there is a rug underneath. Is this the best answer so I don't see the reflection of the LED strips? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

pinballundercab (resized).jpg

#5393 2 years ago

On hard floor surfaces your definitely going to get strip light reflections compared to softer flooring. You could try mounting the strips so they are not facing directly at the floor, try installing at a slight angle into the centre of the cabinet.

#5394 2 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Well, let's get our minds off of code for one minute and help the new gal out....I just installed undercab lighting for the first time. It looks great, but I'm getting a reflection from the strips onto my hardwood floor. Most of the pics I've seen, it looks like the pins are on carpet or there is a rug underneath. Is this the best answer so I don't see the reflection of the LED strips? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

Best answer is definitely carpet (the black, precut runners are cheap and look great). Angling not really going to help on that floor. I might suggest relocating them on the back of the cabinet, firing at the wall behind. Still looks great when the room lights go out...

#5395 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On hard floor surfaces your definitely going to get strip light reflections compared to softer flooring. You could try mounting the strips so they are not facing directly at the floor, try installing at a slight angle into the centre of the cabinet.

That didn't work. They lighting is in metal tracks and can't get them to really "angle". Thanks for your suggestion, though!!

#5396 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best answer is definitely carpet (the black, precut runners are cheap and look great). Angling not really going to help on that floor. I might suggest relocating them on the back of the cabinet, firing at the wall behind. Still looks great when the room lights go out...

Are the strips still going to reflect off of the carpet? I want a nice, soft glow and don't want to see these reflections! I'll try the carpet first, before I fire them at the wall. Thanks MK! You are always such a great help to me! PM me some time and I'll tell you about all of the mods I've done since we first talked. You would be impressed with the newbie!

#5397 2 years ago

Ok... Back to code....

#5398 2 years ago

So noone else has played it on the floor at expo to notice any other differences?

#5399 2 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

Are the strips still going to reflect off of the carpet? I want a nice, soft glow and don't want to see these reflections! I'll try the carpet first, before I fire them at the wall. Thanks MK! You are always such a great help to me! PM me some time and I'll tell you about all of the mods I've done since we first talked. You would be impressed with the newbie!

Based on the glow I’m seeing...looks like a Mezel underglow kit, they are very directional, but definitely “ softer” on carpet. I will pm a bit later so you can catch me up on all the cool things you are doing!!!....Mark

#5400 2 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Ok... Back to code....

I wish....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 14856 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside