IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 374.
#5251 6 years ago

Looks like Dead Flip is set up to stream the Stern talk for those that are interested.

#5252 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Gomez said drop would be "in a few days" version will be 0.8 something.

Wow - from version .75 to .8-something in, what? 150 days? Where's the graph showing how long it'll take to get to 1.0 given 150 days for a 0.05 update?

#5253 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Wow - from version .75 to .8-something in, what? 150 days? Where's the graph showing how long it'll take to get to 1.0 given 150 days for a 0.5 update?

Snail_in_house,_closeup (resized).jpgSnail_in_house,_closeup (resized).jpg

#5254 6 years ago

THIS CANT BE TOLERATED...TAKE A KNEE...
BAT LIVE MATTER!!!!!

#5257 6 years ago

Watching now, from Gary's current comments, maybe they should scrap Prem and LE models, as building 12 different titles/versions is clearly spreading Sterns resources too thin.

#5258 6 years ago

This is beginning to rival some other undertakings:

- The Korean War
- Ford's Presidency
- Johnny Manziel's NFL Football Career
- Getting BM66 Pinball to Beta Code

#5259 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If anyone has has questions to ask during Q and A post them here.

Ask what else Lyman has been doing besides BM66 code?

I want to see if they are honest or if they lie. No way BM66 is being worked on full time.

#5260 6 years ago

The only thing I can think is if Lyman decided to scrap the existing code and start fresh. I can see how it would be 0.80 something at that point. I guess we'll find out in a "few days".

#5261 6 years ago

I'm thinking all the complaining has gotten them to open up the code very recently and just add a few tweaks and features. They can't have spent months getting ready if we are just getting this very minimal feedback.

#5262 6 years ago

Gomez addressing BM66 now, who ever asked that your a hero!

#5263 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I'm thinking all the complaining has gotten them to open up the code very recently and just add a few tweaks and features. .

Either that, or it has gotten them to start working on it again.

#5264 6 years ago

George is speaking about B66 now. He says contrary to rumors Lyman has worked on nothing else but B66, but working out ideas takes time and if they're not happy they'll drop it and try another idea.

#5265 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

George is speaking about B66 now. He says contrary to rumors Lyman has worked on nothing else but B66, but working out ideas takes time and if they're not happy they'll drop it and try another idea.

FFS........

#5266 6 years ago

He says the 2 weeks announcement was a mistake, he shouldn't have said it. He said him and Lyman are dedicated to making it a great game.

New code is on the show floor.

#5267 6 years ago

Hmm. Gomez says Lyman has been on BM66 full time. If true, Elvira will not be near ready at the beginning of next year. We shall see.

Seems BM66 is not progressing quickly.

#5268 6 years ago

Now he's explaining about why use ancient licenses.

#5269 6 years ago

Haha Gary just slipped up "Star Wars, we could have put the music and some lights into an empty box and sold loa...........", kudos to him he corrected himself almost instantly.

#5270 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He says the 2 weeks announcement was a mistake, he shouldn't have said it. He said him and Lyman are dedicated to making it a great game.

Well, at least random people at Expo will get to play the new code before we do

It sounds like current and future code situation "is what it is"

Basically said not enough people in the studio to keep up with the workload and doing the best that they can

#5271 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think George's answer was honest. They have obviously had issues with working out how to create the best rule set and redone things, scrapped stuff they weren't happy with. It makes more sense to me hearing this and takes guts to admit things don't always go right first time

#5272 6 years ago

This reminds me of those televangelists that have the whole room brainwashed.

#5273 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I think George's answer was honest. They have obviously had issues with working out how to create the best rule set and redone things, scrapped stuff they weren't happy with. It makes more sense to me hearing this and takes guts to admit things don't always go right first time

I thought George's answer was honest. He said it has gone slower and has been a very challenging title. Obviously we don't know all the details, but if Lyman is there working on it, what more can we ask.

#5274 6 years ago

Unless it's a major theme must have for me I'll be waiting to buy in the future when code is actually complete.

Plenty of other options right now

If that's what it takes for them to keep the lights on then so be it. Now we know

#5275 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unless it's a major theme must have for me I'll be waiting to buy in the future when code is actually complete.
Plenty of other options right now

Games are produced for years off the line. We're the nutcases that buy them on day 1.

#5276 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I appreciate George saying this, but why now? If expo hadnt been this weekend......how much longer would of Stern waited? Hope the code comes quickly to the owners.....

#5277 6 years ago

i just don't understand why the latest code isnt available on the website. Maybe I can get someone to load it on my thumbdrive tomorrow.when

#5278 6 years ago

So, I guess it is possible they scrapped the original code and rewrote. Looking forward to some details on changes from those getting to play the latest version.

#5279 6 years ago

When Gomez said he made a mistake by promising code every two weeks, that's when somebody should have asked-

"would every two years be more realistic?"

#5280 6 years ago

deleted. No longer relevant.

#5281 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

So, I guess it is possible they scrapped the original code and rewrote. Looking forward to some details on changes from those getting to play the latest version.

Me too! I'm goinna call B/S if when we get the update, it's still the same ole shoot ramps for Catwoman, orbits for Riddler, scoop for Penguin, and TV for Joker.

#5282 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, apparently Mike was right that new code was released a few days ago....just to Expo machines, however....geesh.....

#5283 6 years ago

I'm not blaming Lyman or anybody really. Kind of hard to believe he's been exclusive to this and we are at .80 code

I wonder why Batman is so challenging versus so AS or SW?

#5284 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, apparently Mike was right that new code was released a few days ago....just to Expo machines, however....geesh.....

Can he get you a copy?

#5285 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not blaming Lyman or anybody really. Kind of hard to believe he's been exclusive to this and we are at .80 code

SW foundations copies a lot from GOT and AS foundations copies a lot from KISS so that probably helped speed those titles up, BM66 was made from the ground up and from the sounds of it, certain things where scrapped and redone, I also got the impression off George that they have hit road blocks on ideas for the code...

#5286 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? Because. Turntable. A coding nightmare. (And maintenance nightmare too... fingers crossed...)

#5287 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

they have hit road blocks on ideas for the code...

I had the same feeling when I owned mine. How to incorporate all those minor villains without repeating what you had to do with the major villains.

#5288 6 years ago

I don't understand how he is saying they do ideas and if they don't like them they scrap them. That's not how programming works. You create a design doc with a complete concept, and then program to that.

#5289 6 years ago

Shocked at Deadflip, he asked on his stream if people had questions, people where asking him to ask things but not a peep out of him, had to switch to the Facebook stream as all I could hear was him and Jody chatting like a pair of little school girls.

For those who missed the stream George said the new code will add/complete

Refine and Complete Major Villains
Add Cliffhangers to continue Episodes
Tonne more Audio and video

#5290 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I also got the impression off George that they have hit road blocks on ideas for the code...

Of course they did, the choice of inserts was terrible: TV and Seasons, not to mention a massive amount of playfield real estate dedicated to Gadgets? How about inserts for minor-Villains, Batgirl, Batuzi, Parachute Drop/Pickup, etc? It seems to me that they didn't really know what modes they were going to have when they locked-in the playfield.

#5291 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shocked at Deadflip, he asked on his stream if people had questions, people where asking him to ask things but not a peep out of him, had to switch to the Facebook stream as all I could hear was him and Jody chatting like a pair of little school girls.
For those who missed the stream George said the new code will add/complete
Did he mention minor villians anyone???

Nothing on minor villains that I heard

#5292 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Yeah didn't think so wasn't sure though, thought I might be adding that into my memory as wishful thinking

#5293 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Dang, then if this is the update, no wonder they didn't dare drop it before Expo.

Quoted from J85M:

Then, I guess all we're getting, is pretty much what we had already but extended, right? I guess a little more audio and video added. Really? If that's the case, we're never going to get a decent game, because there's no way that they allow Lyman to work on this for another full year.

#5294 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Of course they did, the choice of inserts was terrible: TV and Seasons, not to mention a massive amount of playfield real estate dedicated to Gadgets? How about inserts for minor-Villains, Batgirl, Batuzi, Parachute Drop/Pickup, etc? It seems to me that they didn't really know what modes they were going to have when they locked-in the playfield.

I guess that's what happens when you change plans halfway through developing a game and rush it out the door to meet some Anniversary deadline. The game still has HUGE potential though, the cliffhangers are proof of that and a stroke of genius when it comes to theme integration.

The Villain Vision TV, needs to have its main selling point/feature coded in this next update, it was one of the features I was most looking forward to having the Villains taunt me as I play through their modes - it would also help the fact there are no Minor Villain inserts, if the Villain your facing is on the TV taunting you that's 10x better than a flashing insert!

#5295 6 years ago

I'm angry for the first time. This is stupid.

#5296 6 years ago

When you put out the 30th anniversary game AND you charge what you charge for it, they clearly should have just waited until this Expo to release it. Sorry but there aren't really excuses, they themselves created the expectations

But you heard him, they have to keep the line moving and as Frolic said it's the "nutcases" like us that have kept it rolling

#5297 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Haha Gary just slipped up "Star Wars, we could have put the music and some lights into an empty box and sold loa...........",

Shouldnt he have said: "Star Wars, we.......put the music and some lights into an empty box and sold loa..........."

#5298 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you put out the 30th anniversary game AND you charge what you charge for it, they clearly should have just waited until this Expo to release it. Sorry but there aren't really excuses, they themselves created the expectations
But you heard him, they have to keep the line moving and as Frolic said it's the "nutcases" like us that have kept it rolling

And people like you who cheerlead from the beginning that there is no possible way they screw this up, it's Lyman so it's automatically gold, no exceptions!

#5299 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

And people like you who cheerlead from the beginning that there is no possible way the screw this up, it's Lyman so it's automatically gold, no exceptions!

Yeah Ice does cheerlead, I am sure he will be the first to admit that but to be fair if it wasn't for Lyman we would have most likely been left with a half finished game or a "complete" game with uninspired generic code.

The one positive I took from the BM66 response George made was they won't release things for this title until it's right and in their (George & Lyman) minds great.

#5300 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The one positive I took from the BM66 response George made was they won't release things for this title until it's right and in their (George & Lyman) minds great.

Absolutely. Im happy if im assured this is going to be perfected, and not just rushed to have it "finished" or completely abandoned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 26.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.