IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 374.
#5151 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I hope someone at Expo hits Stern hard for playing games with game owners' BM66 code. I suspect the code has been ready for weeks, but purposefully held back and teased.

Maybe they just wanted a nice, round 140 days (which is tomorrow) since the last Gomez Drop.

#5152 6 years ago

Something to distract us all from yet more code frustrations.....

cat.gifcat.gif

#5153 6 years ago

Code? What code?

Good thing that clip isn't in the game.

#5154 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Code? What code?
Good thing that clip isn't in the game.

It should be, if your reading this, please add it in Lyman that clip can make this all better!

#5155 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It should be, if your reading this, please add it in Lyman that clip can make this all better!

There goes the average ball time.

#5156 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So here's a good one. After taking my coin door/ shooter rod assembly back to the powder guys this afternoon (just couldn't look at that much sparkle, it will be recoated correctly by the weekend):
I was in kind of a pissy mood, and decided to call Mike @ Automated and bitch about the code.
He stated "what are you talking about, it's been out for 2 days now"!!!!
I said "WTF, not on the site it's not". He reiterated it had been released,acted like he was stating fact, and had April take my e-mail so they could send it to me!!!
This only happened about an hour ago...no e-mail yet, but tells me the new code is somewhere.........geesh

I don't think they can email you a 4 gigabyte file. Maybe he's confusing the Batman code with the Star Wars code.

#5157 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So here's a good one. After taking my coin door/ shooter rod assembly back to the powder guys this afternoon (just couldn't look at that much sparkle, it will be recoated correctly by the weekend):
I was in kind of a pissy mood, and decided to call Mike @ Automated and bitch about the code.
He stated "what are you talking about, it's been out for 2 days now"!!!!
I said "WTF, not on the site it's not". He reiterated it had been released,acted like he was stating fact, and had April take my e-mail so they could send it to me!!!
This only happened about an hour ago...no e-mail yet, but tells me the new code is somewhere.........geesh

Call him back and ask him for a detailed breakdown of what's been added, I truly hope for everyone in this club the update surpasses expectations, if anyone can deliver that its Lyman.

Quoted from docquest:

I don't think they can email you a 4 gigabyte file. Maybe he's confusing the Batman code with the Star Wars code.

That was my initial thought, but then following that I did think to myself if anyone should know the difference between pinball code for Batman and Star Wars code its some like Mike at automated.

#5158 6 years ago

Off topic, but has anyone played around with Flipper angles. Always felt the default is a little low, but maybe that's necessary to make the TV and gadget targets.

#5159 6 years ago

Looks like tomorrow will finally be the day!

I just can't see it not being tomorrow.

Other it will be a Gary roasting at Expo

#5160 6 years ago

No code by Expo has come true. Maybe by months end?

#5161 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No code by Expo has come true. Maybe by months end?

I thought Expo was this weekend?

#5162 6 years ago

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Gary Stern passing out BM66 code at Expo last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

#5163 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Gary Stern passing out BM66 code at Expo last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

I saw him at 61 flavors and he said no code will be released to us for a bit. We will see if I'm right. I cannot believe it! One more day and we will know for sure, but looking highly doubtful.

#5164 6 years ago

Weren’t automated the distributors selling Stern Star Wars Pinballs on eBay when it was Star Trek that had just been announced?

#5165 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What did he say the version was?

Sorry...had to attend a work meeting. Mike said the "new code" had been released 2 days ago (didn't say what rev.) and was surprised it wasn't on the site.

He had april take my e-mail, and said she would send to them to insure I got it(?)....suspect the file could easily be zipped, but Mike was very casual when he stated it (not upset at all). Always been straight with me...I'll call him in the morning 1st thing for more info.

I strongly believe it is out there somewhere. Automated is a big distributor, and quite sure they hear things non of us do.

Believing if they stick to their mostly Thursday drops, this fits perfectly.....

#5166 6 years ago

Im guessing some people already have it and are testing it........ calling Josh Sharpe?? ifpapinball

#5167 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Off topic, but has anyone played around with Flipper angles. Always felt the default is a little low, but maybe that's necessary to make the TV and gadget targets.

I was just tinkering with that. I found that raising them slightly so the alignment dimples are between the bottom edge and centerline of the flipper works well. Going any higher makes passing the ball from right to left after the penguin hole eject iffy.

#5168 6 years ago

Code will be released as soon as Batman & Robin reach the top of the building....

IMG_5884.GIFIMG_5884.GIF

#5169 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry...had to attend a work meeting. Mike said the "new code" had been released 2 days ago (didn't say what rev.) and was surprised it wasn't on the site.
He had april take my e-mail, and said she would send to them to insure I got it(?)....

It will be very interesting to see what you get, if anything.

Why release it to distributors only? I can't imagine Stern expects them to distribute the code to their customers.

#5170 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Weren’t automated the distributors selling Stern Star Wars Pinballs on eBay when it was Star Trek that had just been announced?

Idk, but I’ve bought 3 nib from him...he always seems to get inside info, and been very straightforward w me. They sell ALOT of games. Not always cheapest, but always straight up approach. He wouldn’t have said it if he didn’t believe it to be true.

#5171 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will be very interesting to see what you get, if anything.
Why release it to distributors only? I can't imagine Stern expects them to distribute the code to their customers.

Doubt he got it, just conveyed to me “ it was released 2 days ago”. To who, idk. If he’s told me something wrong, he’ll be more pissed than me ( if you know Mike, you’ll understand that statement). He’s a no bs kind of “ take it or leave it” kind of guy.

I’ve only dealt with him on the business front, but 100% has always honored his commitment to me.

Bought BMLE w 1k down...sent me a bill when machine was 2 weeks out, and spot on.
Bought AFMRLE w $100.00 down...same scenario.

#5172 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If he’s told me something wrong, he’ll be more pissed than me ( if you know Mike, you’ll understand that statement). He’s a no bs kind of “ take it or leave it” kind of guy.

Well, it couldn't hurt to have a large volume no BS dealer upset at Stern over the Batman code if they led him astray.

#5173 6 years ago

To Mark, I could be wrong but I don’t think any email can handle 4ish Gigabytes. I imagine if anything your guy was referencing and/or confused by Star Wars code which was released in the last few days (twice actually...)

I’ve been super patient and super quiet about BM66 code, but if something reasonably substantial isn’t released this weekend I’ll change my thoughts/buying behaviors. I don’t & won’t blame Lyman in any scenario based on available info. It shouldn’t come to it.

Let’s all flip the switch by this weekend and enjoy the game the way Gomez and Lyman originally envisioned it. My fingers are confidently crossed.

#5174 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it couldn't hurt to have a large volume no BS dealer upset at Stern over the Batman code if they led him astray.

Believe me, he will be pissed....I have a feeling he knows something we don’t ( yet). Tomorrow always made the most sense for me regarding this drop.

#5175 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

To Mark, I could be wrong but I don’t think any email can handle 4ish Gigabytes. I imagine if anything your guy was referencing and/or confused by Star Wars code which was released in the last few days (twice actually...)
I’ve been super patient and super quiet about BM66 code, but if something reasonably substantial isn’t released this weekend I’ll change my thoughts/buying behaviors. I don’t & won’t blame Lyman in any scenario based on available info. It shouldn’t come to it.
Let’s all flip the switch by this weekend and enjoy the game the way Gomez and Lyman originally envisioned it. My fingers are confidently crossed.

Agreed, and he just said “ they would email me”. We’ve done this several times, and hasn’t lied yet. Might be to a link or something.

Hearing it from him gave me the most confidence yet .....

#5176 6 years ago

An SLE in the freeplay room at Expo has to be a good sign, right?

20171011_210446 (resized).jpg20171011_210446 (resized).jpg

#5177 6 years ago

Since its in the free play room it would the same as we all already have. If stern has any of their own games then it might have something newer on it. I wont be there until tomorrow but once im there ill be looking.

#5178 6 years ago

First question to Gary tomorrow at 6pm:

"Where the hell is the Batman code?"

I only wish I could be there to ask it ...

#5179 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First question to Gary tomorrow at 6pm:
"Where the hell is the Batman code?"

It better be on the website to download by then.

#5180 6 years ago

One more day. I will miss all the code banter while we are all huddled around our games soaking in the code. It feels like the day before Bat-Xmas....

#5181 6 years ago

The scenario no doubt will be code gets dropped tomorrow. Then we all start downloading it at the same time. It's trickling down and going to take 4hrs.................... Website crashes....... Arghhhhhh!!!!!

#5182 6 years ago

Since we have time and all, sorry my first time on a Stern Spike 2. How does one do the proposed code update. Is it similar to a JJP system? I assume, download code, extract zip to appropriate zip drive, and update.

#5183 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since its in the free play room it would the same as we all already have. If stern has any of their own games then it might have something newer on it. I wont be there until tomorrow but once im there ill be looking.

Hit me up when you get here, I like buying drinks for fellow BM66 people.

#5184 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since we have time and all, sorry my first time on a Stern Spike 2. How does one do the proposed code update. Is it similar to a JJP system? I assume, download code, extract zip to appropriate zip drive, and update.

Yup, pretty much. Instructions are posted inside the cabinet head. Easy peasy.

#5185 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I will take you up.on that.

My buddy and I will heading to pinball life after the stern tour. We are already bringing a fellow batman66'er but we have room for 1 or 2 more if anyone else needs a ride there.

#5186 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It better be on the website to download by then.

If it isn't there to download, is there anyone here that will be attending Sterns seminar to ask wtf it is?

#5187 6 years ago

I think Stern may be out of touch by not getting code ready for today.

#5188 6 years ago

Not to side track this too much but they may have a bigger issue today. I operate a Star Wars Premium and 1 day after the new 0.92 code drop the fork ramp motor quit. Did some tests and it appeared to be the controller board. Spoke to Chaz at Stern and they overnighted another board. It worked again for 1 day then failed again. Checked Pinside last night and this seems to have become epidemic and points to a code issue causing the board to burn up.
Basically, at Expo, they could be running into a really serious PR problem...they're 2 premiere games, one without adequate code and the other without the main feature working.

They better get a handle on this NOW!!!!

#5189 6 years ago

Rumor no code at show and not until end of month.....I hope someone will be the voice for us frustrated owners and make it blatantly clear how pissed off we are at this situation.

I've absolutely shifted my current and future dollars to other places.

#5190 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I will take you up.on that.
My buddy and I will heading to pinball life after the stern tour. We are already bringing a fellow batman66'er but we have room for 1 or 2 more if anyone else needs a ride there.

I will be the (possibly only) one with the Free Play Florida lanyard, have to represent!

20171012_074848 (resized).jpg20171012_074848 (resized).jpg

#5191 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Not to side track this too much but they may have a bigger issue today. I operate a Star Wars Premium and 1 day after the new 0.92 code drop the fork ramp motor quit. Did some tests and it appeared to be the controller board. Spoke to Chaz at Stern and they overnighted another board. It worked again for 1 day then failed again. Checked Pinside last night and this seems to have become epidemic and points to a code issue causing the board to burn up.
Basically, at Expo, they could be running into a really serious PR problem...they're 2 premiere games, one without adequate code and the other without the main feature working.

They had a similar issue early on, which is why they did a quick emergency release. I can guarantee you Dwight was working through the night to figure that out if he was aware of it. Until talking with him the past few weeks, I had no idea the software could do so much damage to the different boards and how careful they have to be.

And on a side note, I tried to reply to the "free drink" offer......but the post got denied because I was posting twice in quick succession to the same thread. Since when can you not post 2 back to back totally different posts?

#5192 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I will be the (possibly only) one with the Free Play Florida lanyard, have to represent!

#flaStrong

Lol... represent!

hey if it isn’t ready by expo but is by Halloween then I’m gonna call a spade a spade ... we’ll all huff and puff for a cpl wks but then get the new code and then reality will kick in and we’ll be happy to have code and then we can jump back to either criticizing or being elated about what the game has turned into.

Some will stand proudly stubborn:
“I don’t care how good it is! Why so long!? We were lied to!! Every two weeks- ARE U KIDDING ME!?”

Others will get over the wait and claim masterpiece:
“See, this was worth the wait, all hail Lyman, he really opened the game up. He’s done it again!!!”

#5193 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Weeelllllll then.......I have a group of folks and we will all be at PBL party and then at expo at 6. Can you just start a tab for us?>

#5194 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Until talking with him the past few weeks, I had no idea the software could do so much damage to the different boards and how careful they have to be.

This is the real reason we won't see open source pinball code. Video games just crash, pinball literally fries things.

#5195 6 years ago

Unfortunately this is the problem you face when you have barely enough staff to maintain code on all titles currently in production and backlog code updates, because when an unexpected issues pops up your guys are pulled in both directions.

I have been told the way Stern operate internally is archaic and needs drastically streamlining and these continual delays are almost proof of this. Stern need to do something drastic to turn this around otherwise my business with them is over and I'll look elsewhere for my pinball fix, a couple of years ago that wasn't a valid threat/comment but now there are more options than ever.

#5196 6 years ago

This is why you build games and put them on location for testing before wide release.

But you're saying they may not address the really bad PR problem that exists with Batman because they may have a worse one with Star Wars? Stern needs to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Pitiful code at release, playfield and cabinet issues, poor quality control, zero communication with those of us that actually buy their games, increasing prices while decreasing features and a complete lack of understanding of basic marketing concepts and new market paradigms are just as serious problems that all need to be addressed.

The Stern of the Union post indicated Batman code would be released "soon". If release is at the end of the month, that means "soon" equates to almost 4 weeks, which is really pushing the definition and strains credibility.

#5197 6 years ago

No, I'm just saying they're in for a really bad showing at Expo unless they get these issues resolved ASAP (today?!), including our new B66 code.
Keep in mind, per the rumor mill, they don't have a new game to release but their competitor does, they'll have 1 new busted game (SWLE/SWP) and one game a YEAR OLD still running beta code. WOW!!!

#5198 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

strains credibility.

That statement suggests Stern still has some credibility left....not sure that is the case.

#5199 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is why you build games and put them on location for testing before wide release.
But you're saying they may not address the really bad PR problem that exists with Batman because they may have a worse one with Star Wars? Stern needs to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time. Pitiful code at release, playfield and cabinet issues, poor quality control, zero communication with those of us that actually buy their games, increasing prices while decreasing features and a complete lack of understanding of basic marketing concepts and new market paradigms are just as serious problems that all need to be addressed.
The Stern of the Union post indicated Batman code would be released "soon". If release is at the end of the month, that means "soon" equates to almost 4 weeks, which is really pushing the definition and strains credibility.

The whole Stern of Union post was complete crap, the name doesn't roll off the tongue to begin with and is a poor PR/marketing choice to begin with and the "soon" is no better than "stay tuned".

Dropping some killer code at Expo was a must imo as a way of saying "thanks for baring with us, we hope you feel it's been worth it" no code at Expo is a we don't give a shit about our customers "they have waited this long what's a couple more months, just tell them soon".

I would love to be proven wrong and eat a large plate of crow with some ketchup!

#5200 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The whole Stern of Union post was complete crap, the name doesn't roll off the tongue to begin with and is a poor PR/marketing choice to begin with and the "soon" is no better than "stay tuned".
Dropping some killer code at Expo was a must imo as a way of saying "thanks for baring with us, we hope you feel it's been worth it" no code at Expo is a we don't give a shit about our customers "they have waited this long what's a couple more months, just tell them soon".
I would love to be proven wrong and eat a large plate of crow with some ketchup!

Well said. Until code shows up all I hear is bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.