IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 374.
#5101 6 years ago

There is no upside to Stern releasing the code to owners prior to Expo. Honestly, probably won't see a code release until next week at the earliest. I wasn't planning on making the trip to Expo but might have to just to try out the new code. How crazy is that???

#5102 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

ruin their big unveiling.

Umm, this is Stern we are talking about. Putting a stack of Batman 66 flyers on the table and saying we'll be releasing code soon is not a big unveiling.

Stern needs to use the Commissioner Gordon email list and get a link to the code out before (or at least at the same time) as it's available to anyone at Expo (and being on a game people can play counts). Anything else is absolutely a slap in the face to those of us that took Stern at their word and bought in early.

#5103 6 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I wasn't planning on making the trip to Expo but might have to just to try out the new code. How crazy is that???

Not as crazy as you might think. Until this morning I was strongly thinking of flying out tomorrow and back on Sunday.

But, yes - still crazy.

#5104 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anything else is absolutely a slap in the face to those of us that took Stern at their word and bought in early.

What about how Stern has handled this game hasn't been an absolute slap in the face to those of us that bought in early?

Don't get me wrong, I love the theme and how it looks, but Stern took our money (many without even having been able to see the game first) and now a year later MIGHT be getting around to providing something resembling a finished game.

#5105 6 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

What about how Stern has handled this game hasn't been an absolute slap in the face to those of us that bought in early?

Nothing.

I didn't mean to imply they hadn't already done it - just that not releasing code to us at the same time, if not before, would be adding insult to injury.

#5106 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's words, then action. That's what got them into this mess.
We need action, then words.

+1 if it doesn't drop this week then their word means f'k all moving forward....

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

+1 if it doesn't drop this week then their word means f'k all moving forward....

There's no reason not to release it to buyers via the update mailing list at the same point any show floor games get it.

Anything else in my mind is just stupid. I would also expect some details released to buyers on the journey they've been on to get here.

And yes I'm well aware from personal experience of how long coding a game takes...

#5108 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's words, then action. That's what got them into this mess.
We need action, then words.
If it isn't released tomorrow, it should be a simultaneous release at Expo. If not, I hope Batman owners will grill Gary at 6pm Thursday.

I agree but if they do that they have nothing to show at expo! maybe it will be simultaneous...

#5109 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

All we know for sure is we have waited a long time for the code.....none of us and I mean NONE of us have any idea how long the code actually takes to develop. There are a lot of folks here that think they do, but none of them know the timeline as a fact.

applejuice is our club member programmer, believe he's done a few code re-writes and magic girl.

But the real answer to how long the code actually takes to develop is an unknown because we don't know how much Lyman has crammed into this update it could be and I really hope it's HUGE!

#5110 6 years ago

The Batman 66 "KG Bird Crane Umbrella" mod is Complete and ready to ship!! We made several fine adjustments to make the appearance, strength, and translucency even better than the original prototype. The 3D penguin figure is now more pronounced with additional hand painted detail!! The translucent lens was also strengthened to give it a more rigidity and a smoother finish. Looks Amazing and the install is Extremely simple without tools. 1 minute install. Looks great illuminated or off and matches the theme and coloring of the feathered fiends crane perfectly. Have a look at the pictures, I hope others like the upgrade as much as we enjoyed creating it. PM for purchase. Available for $24.75 plus $4.25 first class shipping. Thanks for viewing another Mod Couple Bat-Exclusive!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9430 (resized).jpgIMG_9430 (resized).jpg

IMG_9428 (resized).jpgIMG_9428 (resized).jpg

IMG_9423 (resized).jpgIMG_9423 (resized).jpg

IMG_9425 (resized).jpgIMG_9425 (resized).jpg

#5111 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

applejuice is our club member programmer, believe he's done a few code re-writes and magic girl.
But the real answer to how long the code actually takes to develop is an unknown because we don't know how much Lyman has crammed into this update it could be and I really hope it's HUGE!

I'd be curious about this update even if I didn't own the game. If rumors are true, it appears that Stern is about to double down on it for a second Expo in a row. Given their poor historic marketing practices and having a terrible poker hand with how BM66 has been handled thus far, they're taking a huge chance IMHO. If this update doesn't knock socks off, owners will be on them like ravenous wolves. I know I've already got my bib on.......

#5112 6 years ago

Who is going to be at Gary's session Thursday at 6pm?

Are you willing to ask some tough questions?

#5113 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm betting it doesn't drop.

#5114 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

There's no reason not to release it to buyers via the update mailing list at the same point any show floor games get it.
Anything else in my mind is just stupid. I would also expect some details released to buyers on the journey they've been on to get here.
And yes I'm well aware from personal experience of how long coding a game takes...

Do you think a year is enough time?

#5115 6 years ago

ok here are my thoughts (while i take the train to chicago). I have my BM66 and Star Wars at my bar. People come in and take selfies of BM66 all the time. The artwork is so unique and the game play is fun for $10 or so. Too me worth the extra $2000. I love the toys you can add.

So Star Wars Pinball #5(?) is fast and is everything a pinball fan loves, loops and ramps, lots of modes. Artwork is everywhere and nothing special. Very tuff and is more of a home collectors game.

Im glad I bought BM66 and any extra code that comes out is gravy for me. Back in the day a pinball came out that was what you got.

Also back in my day we had NINE planets.

#5116 6 years ago

Ok...couple pics of coin door shooting housing in black sparkle, w chrome coin housing. Yes, he went heavy on the silver ( knew I should have left the lockdown bar with him), and he will reshoot for me, when I feel energetic to pull it back off.

Like the chrome housings......one shot in “ all lights on”, other shot in normal game room light.

NOW!!!....bring the damn code!!!

EC9D8C27-3AD0-4912-91CA-DA54C3E3476D (resized).jpegEC9D8C27-3AD0-4912-91CA-DA54C3E3476D (resized).jpeg

D3FC9505-13A1-4C59-9649-DEFCB58C4CD2 (resized).jpegD3FC9505-13A1-4C59-9649-DEFCB58C4CD2 (resized).jpeg

#5117 6 years ago

I'll add a data point. Batman'66 SLE has pulled ahead of Dialed In earnings on route over the past couple weeks. I guess most people get 3-5 minute games, so it doesn't matter there's little content and Dialed In's a better game.

#5118 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll add a data point. Batman'66 SLE has pulled ahead of Dialed In earnings on route over the past couple weeks. I guess most people get 3-5 minute games, so it doesn't matter there's little content and Dialed In's a better game.

This I truly believe. BM66 has the theme, period. Beautiful, campy game, period. There’s not a week go by that I don’t see something Batman related on the tube. This game will have staying power far, far beyond DI to the general public, and average player. With the code finished, it will not take a back seat to DI in many areas. Is what it is.

Anxious to see JJP#4 as their machines are stellar, but there will be many pinheads and operators move away from DI when the shiney is gone. Just my take....I admire it, played it, but will never own it.

#5119 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This I truly believe. BM66 has the theme, period. Beautiful, campy game, period. There’s not a week go by that I don’t see something Batman related on the tube. This game will have staying power far, far beyond DI to the general public, and average player. With the code finished, it will not take a back seat to DI in many areas. Is what it is.
Anxious to see JJP#4 as their machines are stellar, but there will be many pinheads and operators move away from DI when the shiney is gone. Just my take....I admire it, played it, but will never own it.

Yeah, but imagine how awesome Batman 66 would be if it were a JJP game.

#5120 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...couple pics of coin door shooting housing in black sparkle, w chrome coin housing. Yes, he went heavy on the silver ( knew I should have left the lockdown bar with him), and he will reshoot for me, when I feel energetic to pull it back off.
Like the chrome housings......one shot in “ all lights on”, other shot in normal game room light.
NOW!!!....bring the damn code!!!

Sparkle looks nice. I was thinking about doing the speaker panel myself via the silver glitter method Yelobird outlined. I figure if I screw it up I'll just send it to someone who knows what they are doing.

#5121 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Sparkle looks nice. I wad thinking about doing the speaker panel myself via the silver glitter method Yelobird outlined. I figure if I screw it up I'll just send it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Thanks Doc....I like it a lot. A bit of consistency w black and silver amongst the color blast everywhere else. When I get him to repowder w correct sparkle ratio, it will be perfect. Not a priority right now, as code and getting the perfect red on the new wireform is consuming me.

You’ll think I’m weird, but I actually LIKE the flat black speaker panels w no speakerlights. It just frames the LCD in a cinema format ( black) and nothing distracts from the screen. I’m sure I’m in the minority, but this is one game that I like the speakers not introducing a visual which competes w the screen. Never liked it on the SLE....

#5122 6 years ago

I was thinking about replacing the ball deflector on the bottom of the batgirl plastic with something more interesting but was still functional.

rps20171010_225112 (resized).jpgrps20171010_225112 (resized).jpg

There is a Batgirl cyle out there I could use but who knows if she'll ever be in the game or not. I was thinking about using this since it has a fun mode in the game and it looks cool.

rps20171010_225041 (resized).jpgrps20171010_225041 (resized).jpg

rps20171010_225346 (resized).jpgrps20171010_225346 (resized).jpg

Also thought about putting it on a bumper cap as an alternative location.

rps20171010_225456 (resized).jpgrps20171010_225456 (resized).jpg

#5123 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was thinking about replacing the ball deflector on the bottom of the batgirl plastic with something more interesting but was still functional.

There is a Batgirl cyle out there I could use but who knows if she'll ever be in the game or not. I was thinking about using this since it has a fun mode in the game and it looks cool.

Great idea!!! Light it up and sell me one....perfect vehicle, and very relative already!!!

#5124 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great idea!!! Light it up and sell me one....perfect vehicle, and very relative already!!!

I thought about adding lights to it but if i did not sure what to trigger it off since there isn't a specific insert to signal when that mode is active. I guess you could hook it to GI and have it on all the time. It wouldn't be to hard to add the light when I'm building the van.

#5125 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought about adding lights to it but if i did not sure what to trigger it off since there isn't a specific insert to signal when that mode is active. I guess you could hook it to GI and have it on all the time. It wouldn't be to hard to add the light when I'm building the van.

I like in the bumper location, maybe facing forward. Suspect after drop you’ll be able to grab something for signal...

#5126 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

OK, only so I don't feel like I'm taking your idea lol that ball diverter is my next project. Done but not ready to throw out. My direction was (feel free to make your own) to make the Stern supplied diverter into the hazard road block barricade that block the entrance to the Batcave. More of a decal kind of simple option but that is the direction I was going and it was a key highlight in the shows intro. Shows how similar we think at times lol.

batbarriergatefence (resized).jpgbatbarriergatefence (resized).jpg

#5127 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is a Batgirl cyle out there I could use but who knows if she'll ever be in the game or not.

I brought the Batgirl cycle for that very reason, to replace the ugly factory deflector.

Has anyone had a ball jump up on the Batgirl plastic? As of yet I've never seen it happen although I haven't played my BM66 extensively.

#5128 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I brought the Batgirl cycle for that very reason, to replace the ugly factory deflector.
Has anyone had a ball jump up on the Batgirl plastic? As of yet I've never seen it happen although I haven't played my BM66 extensively.

Had it happen twice before I put the diverter on.

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My game was an early build so it didnt come with the ramp flap or divertor and I had go request them from Stern. Before I recieved and installed the divertor I had the ball jump onto the plastic a few times.

#5130 6 years ago

Thanks guys I'll install the Batgirl cycle with a clear divertor, might see if the Yelobird aka mod couple could, design a nice one for me and everyone else - with Batgirls bat symbol cut through the centre and paint up the edges of the symbol yellow and edges of the divertor itself sparkly purple.

#5131 6 years ago

Main problem was the ball would jump on to the plastic and then go down the left outlane.

#5132 6 years ago

If my calculations are correct Morty, this is the universe where Stern completes the game code prior to shipping machines.

rm (resized).jpgrm (resized).jpg

Note: this will be my Expo t-shirt

#5133 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks guys I'll install the Batgirl cycle with a clear divertor, might see if the yelobird aka mod couple could, design a nice one for me and everyone else - with Batgirls bat symbol cut through the centre and paint up the edges of the symbol yellow and edges of the divertor itself sparkly purple.

If you put the cycle there it should block the path enough that you shouldnt need the divertor at all.

#5134 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Whaaaaaaaat? Can I get a graph on the earnings comparison? lol

#5135 6 years ago

we need graphs stat!

#5136 6 years ago

For those who've been collecting the Halmark Batman66 ornaments there is a new one this year of Robin. Similar to last years Catwoman ornament, its a limited edition so its only sold in stores while supplies last and is not available online. They just started selling them this week.

file (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpg

#5138 6 years ago

When the code drops it better blow us away!!

IMG_5878.GIFIMG_5878.GIF

#5139 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you put the cycle there it should block the path enough that you shouldnt need the divertor at all.

Yeah but a cool looking Batgirl plastic/diverter would look pretty nice and match up with other plastics I plan on making/adding.

Plus it would stop any air balls hitting the bike as it's not an easy model to find/replace.

#5140 6 years ago

Toy mod and graphs. The two things keeping us afloat until the code drop.

#5141 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Toy mod and graphs. The two things keeping us afloat until the code drop.

Don't forget about the new left ramp ...

#5142 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BM66 has the theme, period.

It also has those street scenes from the 60s with all those vintage cars and if I'm looking at an led screen, that's what I want to see.

#5143 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

ok here are my thoughts (while i take the train to chicago). I have my BM66 and Star Wars at my bar. People come in and take selfies of BM66 all the time. The artwork is so unique and the game play is fun for $10 or so.

Great to hear that. I also have had the same response from anyone that's played mine. Everyone loves it.

#5144 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don't forget about the new left ramp ...

Very true. I think all of us put down "interested" on that one.

#5145 6 years ago

So here's a good one. After taking my coin door/ shooter rod assembly back to the powder guys this afternoon (just couldn't look at that much sparkle, it will be recoated correctly by the weekend):

I was in kind of a pissy mood, and decided to call Mike @ Automated and bitch about the code.

He stated "what are you talking about, it's been out for 2 days now"!!!!

I said "WTF, not on the site it's not". He reiterated it had been released,acted like he was stating fact, and had April take my e-mail so they could send it to me!!!

This only happened about an hour ago...no e-mail yet, but tells me the new code is somewhere.........geesh

#5146 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So here's a good one. After taking my coin door/ shooter rod assembly back to the powder guys this afternoon (just couldn't look at that much sparkle, it will be recoated correctly by the weekend):
I was in kind of a pissy mood, and decided to call Mike @ Automated and bitch about the code.
I said "WTF, not on the site it's not". He reiterated it had been released,acted like he was stating fact, and had April take my e-mail so they could send it to me!!!
This only happened about an hour ago...no e-mail yet, but tells me the new code is somewhere.........geesh

What did he say the version was?

#5147 6 years ago

I hope someone at Expo hits Stern hard for playing games with game owners' BM66 code. I suspect the code has been ready for weeks, but purposefully held back and teased.

#5148 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Imagine if stern thought they had actually released it ahead of time for us but messed up the mailing list email!!! As Negan would say, "oh you better be joking!"

#5149 6 years ago

It's not on the Stern site as of now, at least not accessible from the Batman game page.

#5150 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Maybe it is being delivered in person.

Batcycle (resized).jpgBatcycle (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/103?hl=pfunk237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.