IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 374.
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I noticed the new stars war code had a Sept 29'th date on the readme file. I guess it was in test for a while before they released it today.

Maybe when our code finally drops it will have a readme date from July.

#4952 6 years ago

Shouldn't we get one more look at that graph before we proclaim anybody a hero?

#4953 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I feel like it will make one more appearance, and hopefully only one more.

#4954 6 years ago

BM66 code is planned to drop next week guys, other than that I don't know what to say SW getting another drop before BM66 isn't the best PR move.

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

SW getting another drop before BM66 isn't the best PR move.

It's a great PR move. It's supposed to make all the BM66 owners run out and buy a SW as well.

#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's a great PR move. It's supposed to make all the BM66 owners run out and buy a SW as well.

ode to o-din

o o-din we love your happiness
o o-din we love your eagerness
o o-din we love your humour -yes
o o-din we love your supersensitiveness
o o-din we'll love your posthumousness

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Every time someone says to bring out the graph, I in vision Frau from Austin Powers yelling it at the henchmen.

frau (resized).jpgfrau (resized).jpg

#4958 6 years ago

pie_chart (resized).pngpie_chart (resized).png

#4959 6 years ago

batman_plot (resized).pngbatman_plot (resized).png

#4960 6 years ago

20080915-piechart-thumb-625xauto-44857 (resized).jpg20080915-piechart-thumb-625xauto-44857 (resized).jpg

#4961 6 years ago

best batgraph ever!!!

I can't make expo this year.....hoping someone streams or records the BM66 presentation.......

#4962 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

best batgraph ever!!!

I don't know this one made me and a friend chuckle

bmgraph (resized).pngbmgraph (resized).png

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LOL thats epic

#4964 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Whoa!!! yet another great choice....I do like pie, however.....

#4965 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BM66 code is planned to drop next week guys, other than that I don't know what to say SW getting another drop before BM66 isn't the best PR move.

FFS

#4966 6 years ago

97bf1706d33a862ed92ad9fe9f9e2791--best-funny-pictures-funny-photos (resized).jpg97bf1706d33a862ed92ad9fe9f9e2791--best-funny-pictures-funny-photos (resized).jpg

J85M, Is code update next week just a guess or do you know something?

#4967 6 years ago

Does that green area in the pie represent the current state of batman code?

#4968 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Guess it's not this week then.

hmph.

#4969 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No it would be the Red.

#4970 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

J85M, Is code update next week just a guess or do you know something?

Its not a guess

However whether it actually happens or not, is like trying to guess the lottery numbers.

#4971 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

#4972 6 years ago

Anyone install a pinstadium lighting kit in their Batman66? I'm in the preorder list and finally got my shipping notification today.

I'm getting the base kit with GI control and the UV flasher option. Trying to decide which of the 8 flashers would be the best one to trigger the UV glow with.

I was originally going to add some spotlights to try and brighten up the overly dark playfield but when I heard about pinstadium that sounded like a better approach.

I'll be sure to do some before/after pics once I recieve it and get it installed.

#4974 6 years ago

Amazing Doc that is awesome!
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

pen.gifpen.gifrid.gifrid.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#4975 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Its not a guess
However whether it actually happens or not, is like trying to guess the lottery numbers.

What's Stern afraid of? Are they really going to wait and finally drop the (first IMHO) Beta code update a year after the game was first revealed, as everyone walks into Expo? I have to admit, purposefully holding the code back like that scares the s--t out of me. Are we not getting as substantial of an update as we're (me for sure) are expecting? Could it be da bomb and held back strategically to knock attendee socks off? Tune in next week Bat fans.

I sure hope some of our contrary-minded BM66 owners are going to Expo to give Stern an earful about the way they've bent us high spending owners over the Bat couch the past year. No amount of code can fix that.....unless this update gives us fantastic minor villains, good gadget implementation, cool seasons usage, several mini-wizard modes, and a glorious Batgirl mode. Then, I'll gladly be the site hypocrite.

#4976 6 years ago

Well....this we know:

New code drop has to happen before expo....no way they set up a session to talk about the game without one. So the wait is under a week.

The drop has to be major in nature, or their chat is not going to go well. Suspect a lot of the dialogue will be geared towards mitigating the missed targets, and trying to regenerate interest and their genuine passion for this machine.

I’m pretty much expecting to play a new game after this code....we shall see....

#4977 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

What's Stern afraid of? Are they really going to wait and finally drop the (first IMHO) Beta code update a year after the game was first revealed, as everyone walks into Expo?

Maybe George will hand out flash drives with new code on it like he did at TPF.

#4978 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone install a pinstadium lighting kit in their Batman66? I'm in the preorder list and finally got my shipping notification today.
I'm getting the base kit with GI control and the UV flasher option. Trying to decide which of the 8 flashers would be the best one to trigger the UV glow with.
I was originally going to add some spotlights to try and brighten up the overly dark playfield but when I heard about pinstadium that sounded like a better approach.
I'll be sure to do some before/after pics once I recieve it and get it installed.

Doc, I would Really appreciate your R&D results on how and where you hook yours up. I have the same kit on order just after you. I was told if I don't get it this week I could pick it up at Expo next Friday. Hoping to follow your lead and guidance on setting this up on this theme. Thanks.

#4979 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe George will hand out flash drives with new code on it like he did at TPF.

If the case has the bat logo on it, he better be mailing those, as well......

Code was released just before TPF, so already in my machine before the event. Another good sign.

Great thing #2: Matt will have his break shortly after expo, which means new “batforms” soon.....super excited to get my colored versions w ramp!!!

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well....this we know:
New code drop has to happen before expo....no way they set up a session to talk about the game without one. So the wait is under a week.
The drop has to be major in nature, or their chat is not going to go well. Suspect a lot of the dialogue will be geared towards mitigating the missed targets, and trying to regenerate interest and their genuine passion for this machine.
I’m pretty much expecting to play a new game after this code....we shall see....

Exactly what I think to. Maybe this whole thing is about how Lyman ditched the first attempt at code and started over with fresh input. That would actually make more sense to me and the expo presentation is about the journey to get something awesome completed. Code being released the day before in preparation etc

#4981 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Doc, I would Really appreciate your R&D results on how and where you hook yours up. I have the same kit on order just after you. I was told if I don't get it this week I could pick it up at Expo next Friday. Hoping to follow your lead and guidance on setting this up on this theme. Thanks.

I just checked the tracking info and it looks like mine wont arrove until next tuesday.

I'm leaving for expo on wednesday so you'll probably get a chance to play with yours before me.

I see 8 flashers in the game so I'm trying to decide which one would be the best one to trigger the UV glow flashers in pinstadium.

The choices are:
Left sling flasher
Right sling flasher
Bat symbol flasher in center of playfield
Crane home position flasher
Pop bumpers flasher
Bat signal on back board flasher
Top of crane flasher
Atomic pile flasher

I'm thinking the backboard batsignal flasher might be good as it goes off every now and then. Crane might be good as well if it goes off each time you smack the wrecking ball. Pops and slings might go off to much. I'll have to experiment.

#4982 6 years ago

100 pages goal ACHIEVED!!!

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

100 pages goal ACHIEVED!!!

As it should be....

#4984 6 years ago

So which game reaches code build 1.0 (or higher) first?

Batman 66 or Star Wars?

#4985 6 years ago

Providing what has been said is true and actually comes to fruition BM66 release should be v1.00 or higher when it drops next week.

#4986 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Providing what has been said is true and actually comes to fruition BM66 release should be v1.00 or higher when it drops next week.

Fingers crossed!

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

So which game reaches code build 1.0 (or higher) first?
Batman 66 or Star Wars?

Hmmm maybe a chart comparing the two could be used to create a trendline to extrapolate when 1.0 will be reached for each code base. Who could create such a chart?

#4988 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hmmm maybe a chart comparing the two could be used to create a trendline to extrapolate when 1.0 will be reached for each code base. Who could create such a chart?

Star Wars doesn't have enough data points to exact a meaningful comparison and projection.

#4989 6 years ago

Regardless which game is code complete first, I believe BM66 will have the superior code and easily the better theme integration between code and playfield.

#4990 6 years ago

These version numbers remaining below 1.0 is new. Stern never used to release software numbered that way. Games that were absolutely not complete were always released above 1.0 on release day.

I wonder if Stern did adopt a system of using version 1.0 as it's base way of acknowledging whether a game is "feature complete", after that is small tweaks, but don't expect huge changes post 1.0.

#4991 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

These version numbers remaining below 1.0 is new. Stern never used to release software numbered that way. Games that were absolutely not complete were always released above 1.0 on release day.

Perhaps releasing Batman at .65 was their way of letting us no it was no where near complete. And might be a while before it would be.

#4992 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps releasing Batman at .65 was their way of letting us no it was no where near complete. And might be a while before it would be.

Yes but TWD for example was as version 1.0 on release, and that had inserts and modes missing for a good year. Let alone all the other changes and refinements.

Calling something version .65 IS useful though, so I don't want to crap on this. I'm just pointing out that this wasn't always the case and something has changed inside Stern.

#4993 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It shipped with 0.57. 0.65 came almost a month later.

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It shipped with 0.57. 0.65 came almost a month later.

Thanks. It's been so long that I forgot.

#4995 6 years ago

If you look at the Stern gamecode section, 1.0 is usually the release code. The next update is a bug fix to release code, etc. Some of the programmers jsut fix the bugs and add little content after 1.0, except Lyman. Take TWD for instance, here is the progression:
1.0 release code
1.19 SIEGE added
1.24 HORDE added
1.41 Last Man Standing added
1.56 last code update (tweaks, scoring imbalances, cleanup)

BM66 is the first game that has been sub 1.0 upon release and stayed that way for a year. Hopefully next week changes all that.

#4996 6 years ago

I just checked and WOF is at version 5.0. I guess that one must be finished.

#4997 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Compared to Batman'66? WoF is positively baroque.

#4998 6 years ago

That was before the new numbering convention. Somewhere around avatar/bbh the released games were 1.0 and had incremental numbering updates (1.05, 1.1, etc)

Quoted from o-din:

#4999 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hoping for you and us but unless I missed that post/writing from Stern the only ones saying it Will be v1.0 and dropping next week is this forum. lol So many hopes and speculations over the past many months has proven disheartening. I do Believe this Will be a great finished product but not until the OEM actually makes these statements and claims. Managing Expectations so to speak.

#5000 6 years ago

Damn. I saw 13 new posts and thought the code dropped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/100?hl=davidspumpkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.