• A miniature replica 38 votes
    19%
  • Parts to a machine 10 votes
    5%
  • Nothing will ever arrive 131 votes
    67%

(196 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8 (resized).jpg
DBag2 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg-2.jpg
triggered.gif
98F4FDD4-EBE7-46F1-ABF3-26E8B9044490 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.39.42 PM (resized).png
Screenshot_20191007-015638 (resized).png
DoubleFacePalm (resized).jpg
golf1 (resized).png
ATM (resized).jpg
F7637102-FF19-4428-9F59-88E366D380E9 (resized).png
8EFDD6D6-48E7-40BA-8564-3238A4B36C60 (resized).jpeg
BM66 (resized).png
89 batman (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 4 months ago

$90 by Christmas

#145 4 months ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Tracking shows it hasn't moved since last Friday. https://www.packages24.com/track?number=UT117812085CN

That postman LiYan is a strong dude, loading a NIB machine by himself

"YouZhengDaZhouShiTongChuanQuDaZongYouJianShouJi received , The postman :LiYan"

#147 4 months ago

Interesting reviews of ChinaPost...a 2.2/5.

United States Reviewer: "15 hours ago Ken from United States used our service to track a package by China Post and concluded that its service was Horrible. The package has not been delivered yet.

Ken also says: My package has not been delivered as of 75 days and nobody answers emails or any information why its been sitting there for that long,and website doesn't offer any info"

#149 4 months ago

You're not going to get anymore tracking info according to China Post's website:

"Unregistered China Post Packages are trackable only when they are being transported within China. As soon as such parcel is exported to the destination country, it becomes unavailable for tracking. Its tracking numbers usually begin with the letter "U"."

Also, the limit of China Post Packages is 30kg, according to their website.

Sorry, but you aren't getting a pinball machine.

#155 4 months ago
Quoted from Tomahawkjim:

So what happens then to the purchaser? Are they on the hook for the money? Do they return the item?

The retail outlet that actually shipped the goods would incur a chargeback from the stolen cc, and then it would be up to them to pursue the buyer for a return of item. However, I doubt that's in play here, because I doubt a Chinese Distributor of Stern is going to send a pinball machine back to the US. Plus, China Post doesn't ship over 30kg in weight, so there's no pinball machine in play here.

#158 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is there anything in the shipping notice that identifies the address or any personal info of the OP or actually tracks it all the way to the destination? My guess is the scammer is using the same tracking number and sending it to everyone that falls for the scam. These guys most likely aren't taking the time to box something up and drop it off at the post office in China for everyone. If a real pinball machine shows up (from an American distributor purchased using another person's stolen CC#) the buyer is none the wiser and thinks it's the item from China and doesn't perform a chargeback on the $89.

It shows the Postal Carrier's name in China that picked it up.

#163 4 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I just looked up the tracking on Parcelmonitor and it doesn't show anything in the "TO" address. The shipper sent something to someone on Aug 17th, but they could very well be sending this same tracking number out to the numerous people that fell for the scam. The tracking number is just a way to buy time and make people think that they are legitimately getting something. Sending something out means that the sender has to spend money, even if it seems like an insignificant amount. My guess is that the OP won't receive anything from China with that tracking number. We should know either way soon enough.[quoted image]

I posted the info earlier....The "U" prefix in the tracking number means it's not tracked once it leaves China. It's unregistered. So there wouldn't be any "TO" address at this point. I'm not arguing your point, however, and it's probably part of the scam to delay. If you read some of the reviews of China Post, people have been waiting in excess of 70 days for a delivery. Who knows whether they will actually receive anything, but probably not, and if they do, not what they ordered.

3 weeks later
#248 3 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

whats the chance that the op who has 24 posts on pinside and this is his only thread, runs the website that is doing the scammin' and was looking to sucker in some chumps off pinside

Possible, but would have worked better had he shown a pic of his delivered bm66 in his living room. Everyone on here would have been handing over their CC.

2 weeks later
#291 3 months ago
Quoted from swillie:

Yeah, how do you arrange a fake tracking number that actually shows the item is en route at first anyway...

Easy....the tracking number didnt show a destination. So you send out the same tracking number to the 100 suckers that bought your fake item. One person will get a box of sticks and chargeback. The other 99 will either wait patiently or give up. Some beyond the time to chargeback.

#295 3 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But in that case, wouldn't the other 99 show the package as delivered (to the first address) when they look it up? It wouldn't be sitting in customs.

Eventually yes. But that's the beauty of China Post. It's such a crappy service it often never gets updated. If you read the reviews of that service people complain that their packages show idle in customs for months then suddenly shows up with no updates to tracking.

#297 3 months ago
Quoted from curiusgeorge:

I work for the post office and a large percentage of the China Post tracking numbers don't work or the barcodes won't scan with our scanners. Probably a compatability issue, but it's pretty frustrating. Probably the same reason alot of international packages we ship out the tracking drops off at customs. Once the destination country has the package, we usually have to refer the customer to that countries postal service for tracking updates.

Very good piece of the puzzle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 26.50
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Baltimore, MD
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 50.00
6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside