DoubleFacePalm (resized).jpg
golf1 (resized).png
ATM (resized).jpg
F7637102-FF19-4428-9F59-88E366D380E9 (resized).png
8EFDD6D6-48E7-40BA-8564-3238A4B36C60 (resized).jpeg
BM66 (resized).png
89 batman (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I just checked in. I was hoping to find out what happened, but time marches on.
This is a fun thread though.

Never make the "Best of Pinside" though...

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Never make the "Best of Pinside" though...

It will if the pin actually shows up.

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

It will if the pin actually shows up.

True dat! Or his identity hacked!!

#254 4 years ago

There were two email addresses associated with this, I emailed both.... They said to wait

I'll give it until 10/16, which at this point I'm sure nothing was sent at all and I'll charge back the $89 to them. I just looked at the charge on the statement and it reads: 08/16/2019 SUNCORP BRISBANE 5908 -$89.00

There are no other charges on the card that I didnt do. Nobody's shown up and kicked in the door. No inquiries on my credit except for the car I bought last week.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

There were two email addresses associated with this, I emailed both.... They said to wait

It's important to have a caring salesman who listens to his customers.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I'll give it until 10/16, which at this point I'm sure nothing was sent at all and I'll charge back the $89 to them. I just looked at the charge on the statement and it reads: 08/16/2019 SUNCORP BRISBANE 5908 -$89.00
There are no other charges on the card that I didnt do. Nobody's shown up and kicked in the door. No inquiries on my credit except for the car I bought last week.

At this point your not sure if they shipped something? It was a website selling a pinball machine for 2% of the actual cost, which now sells baby trolleys, that claimed they shipped with China Post, but charged your credit card in Brisbane Australia?

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

At this point your not sure if they shipped something? It was a website selling a pinball machine for 2% of the actual cost, which now sells baby trolleys, that claimed they shipped with China Post, but charged your credit card in Brisbane Australia?

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Seems legit.

#259 4 years ago

I am going to assume the charge is by the Suncorp Bank in Brisbane.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I might not even charge it back, the amount isnt really worth the effort of getting a new card. I could ask them for an update or a refund to see what they say...
Here's an interesting development though, the website I did the purchase on used to only list Batman 66 as the only item they sold. They now have a ton of other products there like baby strollers, couches, sunglasses and this golf cart thing with a picture of some dude poppin wheelies. Batman 66 is no longer on the site though[quoted image]

Interesting. I'm a GolfBoard dealer for Maine and New Hampshire. Going to need to check out what they are doing. https://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/Hidden-Meadows-Golf-Course-has-Golf-Boards-starting-this-year-511655072.html

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

this golf cart thing with a picture of some dude poppin wheelies

Pretty sure that dude is Laird Hamilton. Greatest big wave surfer of all time.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Pretty sure that dude is Laird Hamilton. Greatest big wave surfer of all time.

A person would have a very difficult time actually doing that on a GolfBoard.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

A person would have a very difficult time actually doing that on a GolfBoard.

A normal person would. Laird Hamilton is something else.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Yep, it was all for the Pew Pew. I'm going to throw in the hat and send a request to chargeback tomorrow

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Yep, it was all for the Pew Pew. I'm going to throw in the hat and send a request to chargeback tomorrow

About fricken' time! If they did send something it will be free at least, lol.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

About fricken' time! If they did send something it will be free at least, lol.

I just finished up and submitted the dispute. Figured theres no point to waiting another day. Just checked the tracking or fake tracking system and it still has no update since Aug 30. Its a bummer they didnt send anything at all though, I understand a real machine would be out of the question but a mystery box would've been kind of interesting

#267 4 years ago

I am calling BS, I needed some attention, on the entire thing. Op succeeded in getting the attention he never got as a child.

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Just checked the tracking or fake tracking system and it still has no update since Aug 30.

When I was selling 100's of CD's a week I dropped off at the post office and never had a problem. Once it was like maybe 5 a month I just put them in my box here for the mail carrier to pick up, and the problems began. Almost everything I tried to mail from my house was scanned here, and scanned when it arrived back at the post office, and never scanned again...like they just kept the stuff and did not send it on where it was going.

Just last week I ordered a repair manual from a company on pinside. They emailed me the tracking # and a couple days later I looked and it said "not in system". About 2 hours later it arrived.

I know all that is different than what you have going on, just saying the post office does some weird and possibly crooked shit. I know, I went to their auctions for years. But...if suddenly a Batman 66 shows up at their next auction...

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When I was selling 100's of CD's a week I dropped off at the post office and never had a problem. Once it was like maybe 5 a month I just put them in my box here for the mail carrier to pick up, and the problems began. Almost everything I tried to mail from my house was scanned here, and scanned when it arrived back at the post office, and never scanned again...like they just kept the stuff and did not send it on where it was going.
Just last week I ordered a repair manual from a company on pinside. They emailed me the tracking # and a couple days later I looked and it said "not in system". About 2 hours later it arrived.
I know all that is different than what you have going on, just saying the post office does some weird and possibly crooked shit. I know, I went to their auctions for years. But...if suddenly a Batman 66 shows up at their next auction...

Hilarious, before I finished reading your whole post I knew where this was going
Plant that seed that there’s still a chance

#270 4 years ago

govdeals.com handles the post office auctions now, so keep a eye on them.

I no longer mess with any of that myself, prices way too high.

#271 4 years ago

It's a disappointing end, but a fun ride!

FYI, there is an $80 bally paragon on eBay if you want to try again!!

Screenshot_20191007-015638 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191007-015638 (resized).png
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I am calling BS, I needed some attention, on the entire thing. Op succeeded in getting the attention he never got as a child.

If that's the case, how stupid do you feel right now giving it to him?

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

It seems you did as well.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.39.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.39.42 PM (resized).png
#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's a disappointing end, but a fun ride!
FYI, there is an $80 bally paragon on eBay if you want to try again!![quoted image]

In defense of the ebay seller, it is a starting bid of $80, maybe they have a $800 shipping charge just to make sure

It was a fun ride for sure. Its a shame it couldnt have been like one of those "youtuber buys a mystery box on ebay for $20,000 and heres what he got" deals but oh well. Some of the theories on here cracked me up, like I ran the website and i was using this thread to promote it, or the most recent abused child that nobody spoke to so I made this all up for attention. Certainly $89 worth of fun happened here for me and I will probably get the money back in the end anyway

#275 4 years ago
98F4FDD4-EBE7-46F1-ABF3-26E8B9044490 (resized).png98F4FDD4-EBE7-46F1-ABF3-26E8B9044490 (resized).png
#276 4 years ago

Stop posting shit. You're just looking for attention.

hypocrite noun
hyp·​o·​crite | \ ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit \
Definition of hypocrite
1: a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion
2: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

#277 4 years ago

I for one enjoyed the free to me entertainment supplied by the OP. Not quite sure why there are some so upset about this thread.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I for one enjoyed the free to me entertainment supplied by the OP. Not quite sure why there are some so upset about this thread.

Everything triggers someone

triggered.giftriggered.gif
#279 4 years ago
download.jpeg-2.jpgdownload.jpeg-2.jpg
#280 4 years ago

I enjoyed this thread and am glad he took a shot on it. I would follow other threads that interacted with other potential scammers as well!

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

I enjoyed this thread and am glad he took a shot on it. I would follow other threads that interacted with other potential scammers as well!

Me too. It's not like we have better things to do anyway. If we did we wouldn't spend hours on Pinside.

#282 4 years ago

Be nice!

Look that up

#283 4 years ago

Thanks for trying this! It was a fun thread to watch. Glad someone was brave enough to try it.

#284 4 years ago

Fun thread while I wait out the clock today!

#285 4 years ago

I enjoyed this thread. Wish something had showed up.

#286 4 years ago
DBag2 (resized).jpgDBag2 (resized).jpg
#287 4 years ago

So sad this is over

#288 4 years ago

It was an thrilling story with its momentums. Thanks

#289 4 years ago

If they never shipped I would understand. If they shipped you a bunch of bricks I would understand.

How does someone ship a box and arrange for it to disappear in customs?

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

If they never shipped I would understand. If they shipped you a bunch of bricks I would understand.
How does someone ship a box and arrange for it to disappear in customs?

Yeah, how do you arrange a fake tracking number that actually shows the item is en route at first anyway...

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Yeah, how do you arrange a fake tracking number that actually shows the item is en route at first anyway...

Easy....the tracking number didnt show a destination. So you send out the same tracking number to the 100 suckers that bought your fake item. One person will get a box of sticks and chargeback. The other 99 will either wait patiently or give up. Some beyond the time to chargeback.

#292 4 years ago

don’t know about you guys but i followed this whole tread to give the op some good vibes and well deserved attention!

#293 4 years ago

may the force be with you

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Easy....the tracking number didnt show a destination. So you send out the same tracking number to the 100 suckers that bought your fake item. One person will get a box of sticks and chargeback. The other 99 will either wait patiently or give up. Some beyond the time to chargeback.

But in that case, wouldn't the other 99 show the package as delivered (to the first address) when they look it up? It wouldn't be sitting in customs.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But in that case, wouldn't the other 99 show the package as delivered (to the first address) when they look it up? It wouldn't be sitting in customs.

Eventually yes. But that's the beauty of China Post. It's such a crappy service it often never gets updated. If you read the reviews of that service people complain that their packages show idle in customs for months then suddenly shows up with no updates to tracking.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Eventually yes. But that's the beauty of China Post. It's such a crappy service it often never gets updated. If you read the reviews of that service people complain that their packages show idle in customs for months then suddenly shows up with no updates to tracking.

I work for the post office and a large percentage of the China Post tracking numbers don't work or the barcodes won't scan with our scanners. Probably a compatability issue, but it's pretty frustrating. Probably the same reason alot of international packages we ship out the tracking drops off at customs. Once the destination country has the package, we usually have to refer the customer to that countries postal service for tracking updates.

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from curiusgeorge:

I work for the post office and a large percentage of the China Post tracking numbers don't work or the barcodes won't scan with our scanners. Probably a compatability issue, but it's pretty frustrating. Probably the same reason alot of international packages we ship out the tracking drops off at customs. Once the destination country has the package, we usually have to refer the customer to that countries postal service for tracking updates.

Very good piece of the puzzle.

1 week later
#298 4 years ago

It's been a couple weeks since your last update. Have you got your money back? Or has your pin arrived? Anything new?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from kguenther6:

It's been a couple weeks since your last update. Have you got your money back? Or has your pin arrived? Anything new?

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8 (resized).jpgNothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8 (resized).jpg
#300 4 years ago

The best part is, I don't think this is over. Something, just something is going to show up for you and i'll still check back in to see what t was!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-for-89-i-dont-know-what-i-m-really-going-to-get/page/6?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.