DoubleFacePalm (resized).jpg
golf1 (resized).png
ATM (resized).jpg
F7637102-FF19-4428-9F59-88E366D380E9 (resized).png
8EFDD6D6-48E7-40BA-8564-3238A4B36C60 (resized).jpeg
BM66 (resized).png
89 batman (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 4 years ago

I did not buy a BM66 for $89 and my CC still got jacked. Used it at a few unfamiliar gas stations during the hurricane last week. Probably got nailed by a skimmer. I really need to stick to gas cards only, or just prepay.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I did not buy a BM66 for $89 and my CC still got jacked. Used it at a few unfamiliar gas stations during the hurricane last week. Probably got nailed by a skimmer. I really need to stick to gas cards only, or just prepay.

Been there, experienced same thing. Stopped at an unknown gas station while traveling. Got a text message a few hours later from the CC company about suspected fraudulent charges. I pulled over and called the CC company. They denied the charges and shut the card down immediately. Good thing I had a second CC for the remainder of the trip and the bank was definitely on top of identifying the fraudulent charges. They had a new card mailed to me within 2 days.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Most are still skimming mag stripes. Use touch less and you’ll be ok, probably for another year or so....

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Well, it has not climaxed yet, you gotta be patient.
--Scott

No update at all.. same status since 8/30. zzzzz....

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Was the thrill worth 90 bucks?!

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Out of curiosity, what shipping company are they claiming they used?
Some of these scams will send you fake tracking information, when in fact nothing at all was ever shipped.

#207 4 years ago

Just saw the OP. He received a henna face tattoo of BM66. He applied it a couple days ago but has been unable to post an update due to the staff infection on his face.

#208 4 years ago

I plan on checking this thread in a year for any updates.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Most are still skimming mag stripes.

Although this certainly is not foolproof, I appreciate the ingenuity of this ATM that I recently used to address the skimming issue:

ATM (resized).jpgATM (resized).jpg

#210 4 years ago

On the bright side, I figure there's more chance of you getting your $89 back than there is of me getting the time I took reading this thread back...

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from WinterMillennium:

On the bright side, I figure there's more chance of you getting your $89 back than there is of me getting the time I took reading this thread back...

and i knew this from the beginning

#212 4 years ago

Any strange charges on your credit card?

#213 4 years ago

have you requested reimbursement from your credit card company? Or are you still holding out?

#214 4 years ago

So where is the mysterious package? I’m confused!

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

have you requested reimbursement from your credit card company? Or are you still holding out?

YEah just send the CC company a link to this thread.

#216 4 years ago

SO,on,and on,and on it goes

#217 4 years ago

Another glorious morning in Gotham City...

#218 4 years ago

I seen 6 new comments and was hoping for....something.

#219 4 years ago

Sorry everyone, literally no update since August 28th. I'd be excited to get a box full of packing peanuts with a picture of a Chinese middle finger flipping me off at this point

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I'd be excited to get a box full of packing peanuts with a picture of a Chinese middle finger flipping me off at this point

Give us your address and I bet somebody will make it happen

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Give us your address and I bet somebody will make it happen

And for cheaper than $89 too!

Rob

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Sorry everyone, literally no update since August 28th. I'd be excited to get a box full of packing peanuts with a picture of a Chinese middle finger flipping me off at this point

Sooo.. it’s still sitting at customs?

#223 4 years ago

Of course it's still in customs , it will not be released until Feb 31

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

it will not be released until Feb 31

Yeah, but Feb 31 2020, or Feb 31 2021?

#225 4 years ago

Interesting thread. My brother and I both saw the ad sometime ago on facebook. But of course we did not bite.

#226 4 years ago

Yea literally nothing has happened. No extra charges on my card. Nothing nor no-one has shown up to rob the place. Yawn

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Yea literally nothing has happened. No extra charges on my card. Nothing nor no-one has shown up to rob the place. Yawn

They’ll wait 6 months so that you can no longer charge back the credit card. If you forget to dispute the original purchase, then maybe you’ve forgotten about the scam.

They could hold onto your card information and max it out just before the expiration date.

This isn’t over yet

#228 4 years ago

ON,and on,and,on it goes,where it will stop NOBODY knows!!!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I think they found this thread, then read the Predator and Jpop threads and realized there's much more to be had than $89. I think they may send you a real Batman 66 while admitting it was a price mistake that they would honor. New price on the website only $1K. That's still a great deal right? A couple of hundred Pinside lemmings jump on the offer. They clear an easy $190K.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

What's your next step? How long do you plan on waiting it out?

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think they found this thread, then read the Predator and Jpop threads and realized there's much more to be had than $89. I think they may send you a real Batman 66 while admitting it was a price mistake that they would honor. New price on the website only $1K. That's still a great deal right? A couple of hundred Pinside lemmings jump on the offer. They clear an easy $190K.

10k by Christmas!

#232 4 years ago

"It's a mystery, broken into a jigsaw puzzle, wrapped in a conundrum, hidden in a Chinese box - a riddle!"

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

What's your next step? How long do you plan on waiting it out?

I might not even charge it back, the amount isnt really worth the effort of getting a new card. I could ask them for an update or a refund to see what they say...

Here's an interesting development though, the website I did the purchase on used to only list Batman 66 as the only item they sold. They now have a ton of other products there like baby strollers, couches, sunglasses and this golf cart thing with a picture of some dude poppin wheelies. Batman 66 is no longer on the site though

golf1 (resized).pnggolf1 (resized).png
#234 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

no-one has shown up to rob the place

Not yet!!

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I might not even charge it back, the amount isnt really worth the effort of getting a new card. I could ask them for an update or a refund to see what they say...
Here's an interesting development though, the website I did the purchase on used to only list Batman 66 as the only item they sold. They now have a ton of other products there like baby strollers, couches, sunglasses and this golf cart thing with a picture of some dude poppin wheelies. Batman 66 is no longer on the site though[quoted image]

p

The pinball machine is an obvious scam. They can't possibly sell one for $89.99 but that wheelie popin golf scooter is a deal. Just ordered one.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

, the website I did the purchase on used to only list Batman 66 as the only item they sold. They now have a ton of other products

DoubleFacePalm (resized).jpgDoubleFacePalm (resized).jpg
#237 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJimmy:

p
The pinball machine is an obvious scam. They can't possibly sell one for $89.99 but that wheelie popin golf scooter is a deal. Just ordered one.

No! You have to start a thread!!

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I might not even charge it back, the amount isnt really worth the effort of getting a new card.

#239 4 years ago

I’d like to know how many other pinsiders ordered the $89 BM66, but are too embarrassed to admit it.

I’d bet money OP isn’t the only one that pulled the trigger.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

Have you never been scammed before? If you’d like to throw money away; toss it my way. This will only end in one possible way, you loose money. I pray you don’t loose anymore.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’d like to know how many other pinsiders ordered the $89 BM66, but are too embarrassed to admit it.
I’d bet money OP isn’t the only one that pulled the trigger.

No one else ordered one. This was an obvious scam that the OP took a flyer on. Why he wouldn’t charge back the $89 and protect himself is anyone’s guess.

#242 4 years ago

0.1k by Christmas.

#243 4 years ago

Why would you get a new card? You would not be disputing that you initiated the charge, you would be making a claim for undelivered goods.
https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/chargeback-rules-undelivered-purchases.php

Now you may want to more carefully monitor that card to make sure fraudulent charges don't appear in the future, in which case, you would get a new card. (Or you just may want to cancel and get a new card.) However, I can assure you that whether you chose to file a claim or not, will have no impact on if they take that next step of selling ypur cc info or making fraudulent charges. In fact, I'd wager it is less likely as it suggests you aren't oblivious to the situation

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

I can dispute a charge in less than a minute with my credit card’s website. If you don’t have time to do that I can’t imagine why you took the effort to do this experiment at all...?

If you don’t care about the money can I request you dispute the charge and instead donate it to Project Pinball which helps sick children in the hospital get better through pinball? I think we would all like to see $89 in their hands versus a clear and obvious scammer’s hands...

#245 4 years ago

dang. just found this thread and after 5 pages, I was hoping for a conclusion. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for the sequel.

#246 4 years ago

whats the chance that the op who has 24 posts on pinside and this is his only thread, runs the website that is doing the scammin' and was looking to sucker in some chumps off pinside

#247 4 years ago

On,and on,and on,it goes,where this will stop,nobody nose!!!!!

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

whats the chance that the op who has 24 posts on pinside and this is his only thread, runs the website that is doing the scammin' and was looking to sucker in some chumps off pinside

Possible, but would have worked better had he shown a pic of his delivered bm66 in his living room. Everyone on here would have been handing over their CC.

#249 4 years ago

The price is low but the delivery seems less than perfect

#250 4 years ago

I just checked in. I was hoping to find out what happened, but time marches on.

This is a fun thread though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 34.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-for-89-i-dont-know-what-i-m-really-going-to-get/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.