Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by iloveplywood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190414_205720 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

My Batman 66 recently has the issue where the multiball diverter won’t stay open. The coil fires and immediately the diverter closes again. When you shoot up the loop the coil fires again and opens but closes. It’s as if it isn’t staying open like it once was. I’m wondering if it’s a bad coil or there’s slack in the joint but I’m not sure how to tighten it. Any help would be appreciated.

5 months later
#2 48 days ago

Any input on this. Mine has just started doing this as well and am admittedly at a loss?

2 weeks later
#3 34 days ago

I think I just got this sorted out. The problem seems to be with the diverter fin hitting the back board steel guide before the plunger hits the coil stop. I bent the the diverter fin a bit near the shaft. Now it doesn't hit the steel guide anymore and seems to stay open the way it's supposed to. You can't realign the diverter just by loosening the small hex screw used to tighten the shaft since it has small recess for the screw to bite. If you try to do that the screw will just turn the diverter back into it's original position. That's why you have to bend it a bit. I took the diverter out and did the bending in a vice to get it from as close to the shaft as possible. I attached a picture for reference. The bend is very slight but noticeable. Hopefully this will be the fix for your games also.

20190414_205720 (resized).jpg
#4 34 days ago
Quoted from MMA-Baller:

I think I just got this sorted out. The problem seems to be with the diverter fin hitting the back board steel guide before the plunger hits the coil stop. I bent the the diverter fin a bit near the shaft. Now it doesn't hit the steel guide anymore and seems to stay open the way it's supposed to. You can't realign the diverter just by loosening the small hex screw used to tighten the shaft since it has small recess for the screw to bite. If you try to do that the screw will just turn the diverter back into it's original position. That's why you have to bend it a bit. I took the diverter out and did the bending in a vice to get it from as close to the shaft as possible. I attached a picture for reference. The bend is very slight but noticeable. Hopefully this will be the fix for your games also.
[quoted image]

Awesome -- thanks for posting this, though hopefully I won't ever have to do this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 399.95
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
10,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Upper Marlboro, MD
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside