3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nightmare.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Not sure what’s causing this. Recently, the diverter will open when lock is ready. After locking ball, the diverter tries to close but only moves slightly. I looked underneath and everything looks fine. When I manually move the diverter I still
have to move it back to its default position.I didn’t replace the sleeve or coil stopper yet. Do you think it could be the compression spring? It feels like there’s not enough tension to send it back.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guess it depends how many plays are on it. I would start with looking over the mech diagram in the manual and replace the coil sleeve and make sure it moves freely without binding by hand. Spring could also be off or broken.

I'll start with the coil sleeve. As for a spring being off, the only spring I see is the compression spring. Looking over the manual, I don't see any other spring needed.

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago

Ok, quick update:

I replaced the Coil Sleeve, Compression Spring, Plunger Link and still getting the same behavior oddly enough.

When I run diagnostics and perform a test for that coil, the diverter will open and close without any problems.

During game play, this is when I experience issues. Lets say that I get the lock opened to lock a ball. Normal behavior would be to close the diverter after getting ball 1 locked. In this case, the lock stays open. Therefore when I plung the ball after getting the first one locked, it goes straight into the spinning table and goes through a ball search before the table spins the ball out. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this same behavior on their machine.

Thanks

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

Update:

I was able to finally get my diverter properly working as it should. Thanks for the detail description GoodOmens.

I took the diverter completely apart after finding out that a new coil sleeve, plunger, compression spring didn't do the trick. I noticed while moving the diverter around freely that it was gunk up a little. After moving the diverter freely after this, I position the diverter in the closed position while pulling my plunger as far back as it could go without being out of the coil. I then tighten it and now it's closing/opening correctly. Glad to be batting around again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nightmare.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-diverter-issues?tu=Nightmare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.