Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Rolls-Royce
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

batman-66-artwork-pinball (resized).jpg
IMG_6008 (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
IMG_1628 (resized).JPG
IMG_3884 (resized).JPG
IMG_1039 (resized).JPG

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

Any game play differences or basically the same

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

ยป YouTube video

so worth 15000!!!

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Anyone have an issue with the topper having 2 lights that never go out? They are on when everything else is off, as well as when the signal rotates. I installed the SLE topper after v0.65 update, so I don't know if it's a software or hardware issue. Thoughts?

I actually have a single LED in my LE topper doing the same thing. It's not due to the new code, was happening before I updated. Planning on calling tech support tomorrow to investigate.....hopefully something simple....

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Play more, more, more

Ok. Here is 2 mins of cool callouts. There really are a huge number in there. Spoiler alert for those want to discover them in game. Also, some may never make it (go listen to Kiss rom, so many unused callouts)

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually have a single LED in my LE topper doing the same thing

I checked in the dark and I don't have that problem. Strange that it wouldn't be a problem for everyone. Also, as I posted in another thread, I counted the topper wires contained in the 5 various plugs and it's 39 wires as best I recall, going from the topper to the game. Maybe try reseating those board connectors from the topper? Also, a few of my board pins were bent, so I had to tweak them before connecting.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Still showing the PRE with Batgirl even though it doesn't ship with her.

Yeah that does suck for Prem owners as the backbox is the only place she appears to be represented on the premium cabinet, hopefully she shows up in the game would be great to see her on the LCD hidden mode maybe?

#57 2 years ago

Ok...got a few more games in this morning....takeaways:

a) No need for a crane light mod...it already has one...his seat strobes while mode is active, then very nice flash effect when you hit it.
b) Catwoman has some great dialogue that interacts with completing her...several phrases....VERY nice
c) Overall, I didn't get to many more actual callouts, but was sure I heard penguin last night
d) Many, many, many interactive clips on the screen now (did I say many?)
e) Takeaway - I believe Lyman really focused on the visual/ video enhancements this go around, as opposed to callouts. I'm sure they are coming, and are more than I've gotten to yet. A great upgrade to code....machine is really enjoyable to play, as the video element is starting to feel more interactive w gameplay overall!!!

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Only issue so far is quite a few double balls in shooter lane after drain. Last 4 games was no issue but previous 6 it happened every time.

I have not updated code yet but have the same issue. Not sure what is causing the double balls in shooter lane yet. Could it be software?

#59 2 years ago

Any chance it could be the trough eject power setting like GB. GB would kick the ball up so hard that it would bounce over and release the switch ejecting a second ball.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...got a few more games in this morning....takeaways:
a) No need for a crane light mod...it already has one...his seat strobes while mode is active, then very nice flash effect when you hit it.
b) Catwoman has some great dialogue that interacts with completing her...several phrases....VERY nice
c) Overall, I didn't get to many more actual callouts, but was sure I heard penguin last night
d) Many, many, many interactive clips on the screen now (did I say many?)
e) Takeaway - I believe Lyman really focused on the visual/ video enhancements this go around, as opposed to callouts. I'm sure they are coming, and are more than I've gotten to yet. A great upgrade to code....machine is really enjoyable to play, as the video element is starting to feel more interactive w gameplay overall!!!

The update mentions villain vision, has there been any improvement to the mini LCD tv? Any villain taunting yet? I remember one of the coolest things George mention was that the villains will taunt you as the player.

#61 2 years ago

I wonder what code the newly released ones will have???

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Exactly what I did. Here is what I'm getting.

Contacted stern and they are having to send new CPU board. Just fyi

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The update mentions villain vision, has there been any improvement to the mini LCD tv? Any villain taunting yet? I remember one of the coolest things George mention was that the villains will taunt you as the player.

Never got a decent game in yet, so not sure (I'll be playing it more a bit later....ALOT more over the weekend). They have started dialing down the points, btw (as always the case) so the random huge scores are not going to be happening....just when i thought i was getting good!!!!

#64 2 years ago

And the default High Scores are way up in v 0.65

Note that even if you set a new Grand Champion high score, it will not reset when you reset the high score table. i presume that's a bug.

It also looks like total plays gets reset with new code - I thought current games had lifetime audits that survived code updates?

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I actually have a single LED in my LE topper doing the same thing. It's not due to the new code, was happening before I updated. Planning on calling tech support tomorrow to investigate.....hopefully something simple....

Actually, it's a single LED for me as well. The other one is a reflection of the first. Let me know what you find out!

#66 2 years ago

Anybody else's crane flasher not working with the new code?

#67 2 years ago

HELP!!!!!

I put the flash drive in to the USB slot...my game doesn't recognize it.

I reformatted the flash drive to a FAT32 system thingy. I put the code back on. Game still doesn't recognize it.

It's like the game has no idea the flash drive is in the USB slot. Nothing happens.

Any advice would be helpful.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

HELP!!!!!
I put the flash drive in to the USB slot...my game doesn't recognize it.
I reformatted the flash drive to a FAT32 system thingy. I put the code back on. Game still doesn't recognize it.
It's like the game has no idea the flash drive is in the USB slot. Nothing happens.
Any advice would be helpful.

Is it a SanDisk cruzer? The ones with the plastic shell have issues detecting because they are made weird. They use hard drive style drivers.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Is it a SanDisk cruzer? The ones with the plastic shell have issues detecting because they are made weird. They use hard drive style drivers.

Cruiser Glide 8GB

What should I get?

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cruiser Glide 8GB
What should I get?

I suspect you probably did this already, but just in case. Did you turn your game off and back on with the memory stick installed? I put mine in the left most of the two USB slots and it worked fine. It was also an 8 gb SanDisk.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Cruiser Glide 8GB
What should I get?

I used a Cruzer Switch 16GB.

#72 2 years ago

I loaded the new code for our local arcade's BM66 Premium. Loaded without problem. The updates are great. The Catwoman clips are awesome! Love the jailed villain videos.

One issue I did experience may be a bug.

During the Riddler mode, the super jackpot would light, but once I made the shot, no jackpot was recognized. Instead, it continued with the Riddler mode.

During one mode, I hit the lit super jackpot show three times.

For the rest of the game, I was stuck in the Riddler mode.

Anyone else experience this issue?

Marcus

#73 2 years ago

I tried to update code but at the end of it it says it failed. I took USB out and turned it back on but it goes right back to insert USB. Anyone know what I should do?

#74 2 years ago

Free Play audits are wrong. I have my game on Free Play, but audit says zero free plays.

#75 2 years ago

Hope we get more Joker video during his mode.

#76 2 years ago

Here's an interesting issue I ran into tonight playing on .65
Was in a game and the ball came off the left ramp right at the wire gate and landed on the rotisserie. It was sitting on the plastic on top of the ball lock area. Eventually the rotisserie moved for ball search and dumped it back into play. From that moment forward the rotisserie was dead!

It wouldn't turn , at all. Stuck with the batmobile spinner facing me. I was at villains etc and the phone was blinking off to the left wouldn't budge.

Went into service menu, motor test did nothing. Didn't even make a noise. The ball lock post test release did nothing.

I though "oh crap I broke it already". Last ditch effort , when in doubt reboot! Shut the game off and back on. Rotisserie started working normally again. Tests all worked, worked fine during play as well.
Just and FYI if anyone else encounters this.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Here's an interesting issue I ran into tonight playing on .65
Was in a game and the ball came off the left ramp right at the wire gate and landed on the rotisserie. It was sitting on the plastic on top of the ball lock area. Eventually the rotisserie moved for ball search and dumped it back into play. From that moment forward the rotisserie was dead!
It wouldn't turn , at all. Stuck with the batmobile spinner facing me. I was at villains etc and the phone was blinking off to the left wouldn't budge.
Went into service menu, motor test did nothing. Didn't even make a noise. The ball lock post test release did nothing.
I though "oh crap I broke it already". Last ditch effort , when in doubt reboot! Shut the game off and back on. Rotisserie started working normally again. Tests all worked, worked fine during play as well.
Just and FYI if anyone else encounters this.

Maybe there is a fail safe built into it? If it thinks something might be somewhere it shouldn't and could cause damage it shuts down?

Then again maybe it was just one of those random head scratching pinball moments

1 week later
#78 2 years ago

Had a hard lock today in 0.65. I *think* I had stacked Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler modes (is that possible? It seemed to let me) and was completing them when I hit the scoop everything went dark except the screen and the game froze, then after a bit there was a flicker of lights and a hard reboot. First time it's done that, but also the first time I stacked so many villains. I might try it with the glass off to see if it's reproducible.

#79 2 years ago

Had a hard reset on tilt yesterday.

Also noticed that if ball locks are lit during a mode, and you then complete the mode, the ball locks aren't lit after the mode.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I had stacked Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler modes (is that possible?

I don't think that's normal. You can stack one of those villain modes with multiball at a time, but not with the other primary villains that I'm aware of. Now, it is possible to get all four of the villain roadblocks to mode start completed together. One of my biggest early hates of the game was sometimes getting Riddler ready to start and even as the Batphone was ringing, the ball would fall into the scoop and when I would answer it I got Penguin (again) instead of Riddler. I'm now wise to that little trick, so I try to complete villains in roughly this sequence: Catwoman, Riddler, Joker, and finally Penguin. Joker and Penguin are the easiest to start if you flail around for a while, so I try to concentrate on Catwoman and Riddler initially. Not that it matters at this point in the code anyway, as there's no reward for completing all four primary villains other than restarting and having to collect them again.

#81 2 years ago

Villains don't stack yet, but I think they will based on this:

If you qualify 2 villains, then hit the Bat Phone the phone award is 2x. That suggests that they should stack, but do not stack yet. I'm obviously speculating.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Villains don't stack yet, but I think they will based on this:
If you qualify 2 villains, then hit the Bat Phone the phone award is 2x. That suggests that they should stack, but do not stack yet. I'm obviously speculating.

Then how did I complete two villains with one scoop shot? Got the "jail" animations for two of them in a row with one scoop shot.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Then how did I complete two villains with one scoop shot? Got the "jail" animations for two of them in a row with one scoop shot.

Then they must stack; I haven't experienced that yet. I'm going to try and do this intentionally now and see what happens; I've been avoiding this scenario since it usually involves me re-playing a villain.

#84 2 years ago

Then they must stack; I haven't experienced that yet. I'm going to try and do this intentionally now and see what happens; I've been avoiding this scenario since it usually involves me re-playing a villain.

Careful. When I had three of them going and hit the scoop that's when I got the hard lock and reset.

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Had a hard reset on tilt yesterday.

Me to mate, 4 player game then hard reset. Most probably just the code or I would to assume it is.

#86 2 years ago

I only tried starting two at a time (Joker/Cat, Riddler/Cat, Penguin / Riddler) and wasn't able to capture two in the same ball. On my game, there is only light indications for the last villain started, so it's possible that I didn't finish the unlit shots on the first qualified villain. Do you see something different?

I'll be careful not to start 3; thanks for the tip. I was going to try it with the glass off and try Cat / Penguin since those two don't require lights to KNOW you've hit them all. I'll wait for the next revision.

Hopefully .7x will be here soon and nothing from this thread will matter.

#87 2 years ago

I only tried starting two at a time (Joker/Cat, Riddler/Cat, Penguin / Riddler) and wasn't able to capture two in the same ball. On my game, there is only light indications for the last villain started, so it's possible that I didn't finish the unlit shots on the first qualified villain. Do you see something different?
I'll be careful not to start 3; thanks for the tip.
Hopefully .7x will be here soon and nothing from this thread will matter.

I wasn't paying a lot of attention because I wasn't sure I was actually stacking the modes. The indicators are terrible to figure out where you are. The one where I got two in jail in one scoop shot was Catwoman and Riddler, I think, but I had three when it locked up. There's a lot of functionality not to like in this current build. The one where the batphone wants you to hit it, but it's rotated out of position is especially fun.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I wasn't paying a lot of attention because I wasn't sure I was actually stacking the modes. The indicators are terrible to figure out where you are. The one where I got two in one scoop shot was Catwoman and Riddler, I think, but I had three when it locked up. There's a lot of functionality not to like in this current build. The one where the batphone wants you to hit it, but it's rotated out of position is especially fun.

Oh man, I love hitting that post between positions and having it go STDM. BIG POINTS. Oh wait... that's awful.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Also noticed that if ball locks are lit during a mode, and you then complete the mode, the ball locks aren't lit after the mode.

Just realized this is a limitation of the turntable mech - the ball lock position is only possible when the bat cave/bat car is facing. Which in turn is only facing when a villain mode is active. So that's a bit weird. But that multiball could just be a "Villain Multiball".

I'm assuming/hoping there will be a few other Multiballs that don't use the physical ball lock mech.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Me to mate, 4 player game then hard reset. Most probably just the code or I would to assume it is.

Hopefully - but I've heard of a few also with GB. Might be a Spike thing.

#91 2 years ago

FWIW We (3 beginners and 1 novice player) have played probably 20 4 player games without a hard reset.

Vic's 'double capture' has me stumped as I haven't been able to re-create it. Stacked Catwoman and Riddler (riddler is the 'visible' mode since capturing Catwoman isn't random) and didn't earn the double capture. Stacked Cat, Riddler and Penguin and then Riddler, Penguin and Cat; In the 2nd method with Catwoman as the visible mode, the crane did not activate. I also didn't get a hard reset on 3 villains, but I also wasn't able to capture any of them before draining.

In none of the cases did I have a TV villain running.

More code this week... please.

#92 2 years ago

One of the things I'm weakest on is understanding rules/code. So don't shoot me here but as I've been playing this, I've not noticed the "6 ball multiball" that was described early on before game launch.

Has anyone seen it? How would it work? I get that the lock can hold 3 ... do the "other 3" qualify as they are launched from the trough during MB? If so, I'm not even sure I've seen 6 on the table at once.

Anyone care to comment or flame me?

Gratuitous image included

batman-66-artwork-pinball (resized).jpg

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

One of the things I'm weakest on is understanding rules/code. So don't shoot me here but as I've been playing this, I've not noticed the "6 ball multiball" that was described early on before game launch.
Has anyone seen it? How would it work? I get that the lock can hold 3 ... do the "other 3" qualify as they are launched from the trough during MB? If so, I'm not even sure I've seen 6 on the table at once.
Anyone care to comment or flame me?
Gratuitous image included

Nobody should get flamed for a question like that.

At this time, I have been only been able to uncover a single un-named multiball that locks and starts at the right orbit and locks in the turntable.

I can only assume that one of the 6 ball multiballs will come with a wizard mode (Bat Signal mode after beating all 4 major villains seems a likely candidate) and I also suspect that a gadget will be add-a-ball making something else at least a 4 ball. I also suspect that beating one of the TV villains will add a ball. Whatever the final wizard mode is (beat all 4 majors, bat signal and a TV Villain from each season) will also likely be a 6 ball even if Bat Signal isn't.

#94 2 years ago

I wonder if you guys that have stacked modes might have made some sort of odd shot combination and stumbled across the backbone of future code capabilities that aren't complete yet. I'm pretty sure that I've not been able to stack villains yet. I do hear Catwoman meow when I hit ramps during other modes but that's as close as I've seen. I have noticed music changes from the minor villains addition during a major villain mode. Maybe we'll get an update in a few days to answer this riddle.

#95 2 years ago

FWIW We (3 beginners and 1 novice player) have played probably 20 4 player games without a hard reset.
Vic's 'double capture' has me stumped as I haven't been able to re-create it. Stacked Catwoman and Riddler (riddler is the 'visible' mode since capturing Catwoman isn't random) and didn't earn the double capture. Stacked Cat, Riddler and Penguin and then Riddler, Penguin and Cat; In the 2nd method with Catwoman as the visible mode, the crane did not activate. I also didn't get a hard reset on 3 villains, but I also wasn't able to capture any of them before draining.

I can do it pretty much every game now. Just did another Catwoman-Riddler single shot double capture when I had all 4 Villains going at once. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I always hold the left flipper at launch for the super skill shot? Maybe it's like GoT where there's a "casual" mode and an "advanced" mode and on this machine the super skill shot determines it?

The hardest part is NOT hitting the scoop accidentally when you're activating and finishing the Villains simultaneously in progress once the first one "completes" and it wants you to hit the scoop to put them in jail. Before that insert lights, hit the scoop all you want to "damage" the villains, but once it's lit, you CANNOT hit it until you're ready to jail whoever you've finished.

I will say that there needs to be SOME indicator of the Villain modes you have going since the music and background to the video are pretty much meaningless when you have 3 or 4 Villains going at once. I vote for flashing the Villain inserts if they are active and not conquered. If they hadn't cheaped out by skimping on RGB LEDs for all the inserts, the could have used color to designate the "in progress" Villains, but that ship has sailed.

#96 2 years ago

Interesting! I've done the SSS once and when I didn't get any points for hitting it successfully, I gave up on it. I'll try that too. It's fun to keep hunting for these differences.

I'm 75% sure that I had a gadget award a lock and a gadget give me credit for one catwoman shot while in her mode. There's obviously no information on screen about that happening. I'm really looking forward to gadgets and TV villains.

#97 2 years ago

Interesting! I've done the SSS once and when I didn't get any points for hitting it successfully, I gave up on it. I'll try that too. It's fun to keep hunting for these differences.
I'm 75% sure that I had a gadget award a lock and a gadget give me credit for one catwoman shot while in her mode. There's obviously no information on screen about that happening. I'm really looking forward to gadgets and TV villains.

Okay, you can definitely stack the villains in 0.65. I did a Catwoman/Joker/Penguin one scoop shot that jailed all three. I had Riddler going, but I hit the scoop accidentally before I finished him. Pretty sure I could have jailed all four with one shot if I had him finished before I accidentally hit the scoop.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Okay, you can definitely stack the villains in 0.65. I did a Catwoman/Joker/Penguin one scoop shot that jailed all three. I had Riddler going, but I hit the scoop accidentally before I finished him. Pretty sure I could have jailed all four with one shot if I had him finished before I accidentally hit the scoop.

How and when are you starting the second villain? I wonder if I'm jailing my villains too quickly. That scoop is so random coming out of the pops from a left orbit Riddler shot that it's hard to avoid for long at a time even if you don't shoot it directly. I also frequently brick right orbit shots into it too. I wonder if stacking and arresting more than one villain at a time leads to more points?

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

How and when are you starting the second villain? I wonder if I'm jailing my villains too quickly. That scoop is so random coming out of the pops from a left orbit Riddler shot that it's hard to avoid for long at a time even if you don't shoot it directly. I also frequently brick right orbit shots into it too. I wonder if stacking and arresting more than one villain at a time leads to more points?

Yes you seem to get more points, and no, you CANNOT hit the scoop until you're ready to collect all the villains you've finished. once that super jackpot light hits saying your first villain is done, you MUST avoid the scoop until you want to collect them.

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yes you seem to get more points, and no, you CANNOT hit the scoop until you're ready to collect all the villains you've finished. once that super jackpot light hits saying your first villain is done, you MUST avoid the scoop until you want to collect them.

Hmm, maybe a new order of attack is called for. Maybe begin with Penguin since his mode start is tied to the scoop, then go for Catwoman and the Joker in no particular order, and try to sneak into a Riddler mode last while hoping that the ball doesn't hit the scoop coming out of the pops. If successful, it could lead to either 3 of them jailed together at a minimum, or four if Riddler can be completed without accidentally hitting the scoop. So, it appears that the Riddler mode will be the most difficult to start and complete while avoiding the scoop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside