PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I have delivered 9 GBLE, and none of them have ghosting issues. Same goes for GB pro. I know Stern is working hard at resolving the issues. Now I have had 1 customer have ghosting on smve.

LOL. Come on Mike. I call BS. The polls here and my own personal experience show that over 50% of all GB have ghosting issues. Actually from my experience EVERY single GB I have seen has ghosting inserts. I think I am up to 12 GBs I have played now. Some are not super bad and others have chipped inserts/clear they are so bad; but ALL of them have issues and even GB built in the past month shows issues.

Of course it is your job to try and sell something but saying stuff like this is not going to bring you more customers.

#255 7 years ago

For me, i dont care what theme, price, extra BS Stern wants to hand out. Until they come clean with the insert dropping and clearcoat delamination issues and prove it is fixed and that they are taking care of past customers, I wont be buying any game from them.

Luckily there are many other options now so plenty of places to go spend NIB dollars.

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, there aren't. There's JJP who puts out a half-finished game every 4 years, and there's a bunch of other companies who don't have experienced software guys.
The only company that can consistiently put out good games, with the ability to produce the quality software today's players demand, is Stern.

what are you talking about?

I can go order WOZ or Hobbit right now and have it well before BMDK66prem is available.
I can go order FullThrottle and get it in a couple months at most or direct from Cointaker right now.
I can go Aliens and guessing those will be availabel by year end also.
I can go grab a RZ which seems there are a handful of NIB available on the secondary right now.
I can go order Dominos and likely get it before the end of the year.

I would say those are lots of options. So far, none of those have damning pf issues and all of them have decent code or great code currently.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Our Ghostbusters has zero issues.

Like I said, the polls show that 50% of them dont. I dont find that to be an acceptable ratio.

I also would say, 'give it time and more plays' Our did not have any ghosting till it got 500 plus plays. I think we got one of the better ones since the ghosting appears minimal and to have stabalized, but only time will tell.

We also have 2 SMVE which both have ghosting.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry, none of the amateurs know how to make code like the Stern guys. Not even close.

You have not played them enough IMO.

Full Throttle code is fantastic and fits the theme and gameplay perfectly. Very well coded foundation that only needs minor polish and is apparentlty getting it. Same guy is coding Aliens and he definately knows what he is doing.

WOZ is well coded and complete(?)
Hobbit has pretty good code currently and appears to be getting regular updates.

Rz code is much improved since v10 and is getting real legs.

When I look at the Stern games of recent, only GB and TWD are what I would consider good code. The other games of recent past have some flaws, bugs, and are far from finished. (KISS I am looking at you currently)

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Neither would I.
But they put out one game every 4 years.

AND the point is that they currently have 2 NIB titles available right now. Rumor is that #3 will be available in limited quantity before the end of the year...

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I'll have to agree with Levi here, If you add up all the other pin manufacturers they still don't have as many available NIB titles available as Stern. I wouldn't call that much competition at all

If they are getting dollars and have games available, I consider them competition. Definately more so than we had even 2 years ago and definately on the right trajectory where the pendulum could start swinging back quickly.

I can say that all those other ones currently have NO major issues, seem to have great customer service, and see to address any issues openly and quickly. I know where I prefer to spend any money. Granted I wont be buying ANYTHING before playing it (let alone knowing the price and seeing it, LOFL).

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

its gotta be the batcave ball lock.

I like playing that game!

1 month later
#3770 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Really??? Wow, that number is wayyyy lower than I would have expected (or hoped).

I dont believe that for an instant and would like to know where this number is from.

I was told 300 sold and that was a couple of months ago. Hard to beleive that with that few, the majority woudl be listed on pinside (we know pinside is only a small fraction of the collecting population).

#3772 7 years ago

I have to laugh (in a sad way) that the increase in BMSLE # is the same as what they did for the release party.

First there were 400 tickets sold, then they magicaly found another 50, and now another 40.

Same shit, different day.

It just teaches us you cant trust a word out of Sterns mouth. They will change the contract with customers at every point they get a chance it seems. They have done just enough to keep pulling the wol over our eyes

TWD >> no premiums. BS
Code is a priority see our updates... LOL BS
BM66 >> just need a deposit and prices are coming >>> increased another 1k... BS
only 30 super LEs>>> BS
Epic party, only 400 poeple... LOL more BS

You pfs will be fixed.... now I am told they are only taking care of LE customers at this time and stay tuned...
I have a feeling I cant trust what they say anymore.

When I cant trust a company and all their decisions seem to be based on their short term gains then we have an issue.

#3784 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

EDIT: lol, Rai posted right before me with the same thing.
Pinside is not a small part of the collecting population. Maybe for pro models, but definitely not for boutique and LE models, pinside IS the market. Just use AMH as an example, pinside owns 95 of the 150 (they probably own like 150 of 150, but only 95 owners show it, lol). In any case, 95/150 = 63%. Full Throttle shows up as 36 owners. 36/73 = 49%, which doesn't seem impossible. The other option, 36 / 300 = 12%, which seems pretty low for a new game. But who really knows.

I figure with AMH that Spooky directly marketed to only Pinside. My impression was that FullT was likely selling good overseas/UK since that is where they are from. I also got the impressionHeighway has done a good job of marketing outside of Pinside?

I am amzaed if only 70 sold, but sweet for me Rare game to own and I really dig it.

I guess non-licensed themes really dont sell.

#3785 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Also the operator in Denver told me its a poor earner.

surpising as it has been consistent for us since we put it out. Granted in Devner they get a way better measure since they have so many games and players.

#3798 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

80 SLE's now....but at a lower price.

and still a higher total take for Stern...

SSDD

#3806 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Where did you see/hear lower price - and what is it?

Air Pinball apparently works for Stern and is getting sloppy in trying to keep his idenity hidden.

#3860 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

When that well runs dry Stern has an advantage over every other manufacturer. They have pumped out 10s of thousands of cheap (sub 5k) pins. They know that market segment better than anyone else. They just go back to that and weather the storm while everyone else goes out of business trying to sell 8k pins. And we can all hail them as the hero that saved pinball... again.

I am rooting for at least 1 other manufacturer to take advantage of the timing and greed of Stern (i.e. they should be killing the competition by pumping out good qualioty games for less money rather than crap for more if they want to win in the long term) in order to figure out the sub 5k market.

Then WE all win with sub 4k games

#4729 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is there ever any doubt with Lyman? Nope
Stern better be paying that guy a HUGE salary. He deserves every F ing penny and then some

And to,think many of them were talking smack about him and pushing all blame on him for the game not being flippable. Sad to see them turn so quickly on a college when asked why it was not playable.

#4766 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be surprised if that makes it to production.

Maybe they will bring in the reinfocrement artists to get it sorted out?

1 week later
#5151 7 years ago

I need to come hang with ypu Odin!

#5307 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

For those of us buying an SLE, it's not about the resale value. I'm not concerned about resale value.

oddly enough, it seems many of the SLE customers to speak up are referencing the resale value, the price, the cost over and over.

I look at BM66 and it seems Stern seriously had an inside joke bet to see how far they could strip down a game and increase a price.

BM66, even the LE and SLE seem so stripped down it is crazy.

1 month later
#6090 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ed Robertson played it, and he talked about it on one of the recent Buffalo Pinball podcasts (on the STLE podcast recorded at his house). He said it was a blast to play.

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

#6092 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What does paid entertainer have to do with anything ?
He loves pinball. He's a great player. Has occasionally posted here on Pinside.
I'd take his word for it.
LTG : )

He has a business relationship with Stern and gets obvious perks from Stern as a pinhead. There are motivations to not talk even remotely bad or share an opinion that may be percieved as negative. Sorry but that causes one to help hype; so hard to take Ed's singular opinion as 100%. Keep in mind that Stern just banned Martin from the factory for saying he thought BM66 was expensive...

Say something bad and they may ban you, remove perks, and not hire you for their next self promoting anniversary event paid for by customers. That is just the reality about Stern and hard to blame anyone for wanting those perks as a pinhead.

#6097 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Obviously you didn't hear some of the things that he said at the Stern party.

I heard he joked about stuff. Did Ed actually talk badly about Stern and all their shenanigans?

#6114 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's still just a plaque...LOL.

well, a plaque worth a couple throusand... to be more accurate.

#6134 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And yours does

well considering I own about 7 more Sterns than you... I would say it has a bit more value that yours

#6142 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shit! If that's the scale, my opinion must be off the charts then.
rd

and your opinion doubles in value cause you live in NZ!

#6153 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why not? You have it! What, is there an embargo on reviews?

must be as fun as the unicorn puke they did the art with

#6318 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

JJP has two games... TWO games in their arsenal. They should have enough time to go to each customers house and install it for them... monthly!

pretty sure Stern has a similar development schedule as JJP and Stern have not had to build a new framework/foundation liek JJP.

There is really ZERO excuse for Sterns inability to deliver good code at release and great code shortly thereafter, with monthly code updated till complete.

1 week later
#6616 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

For those that's saying this is a rehash canister toy is gone teeter totter is gone, drop target and ball lock is gone stupid mini playfield is gone, and appears to now have one of the most intricate toy in pinball history. Just sayin

you abslutely LOVE every new game...

until the next one.

Love you D, but just sayin...

This thing could be called cheap rehash poop toys and you would think it is the best thing... till the next one comes out.

#6618 7 years ago

from the video, this looks pretty boring and I am surprised/not surprised at all the defensive speak about it already. Increasing the price tag means even more defensive rich guys hoping it will hold its value over time.

This one is destined for tons of QC issues (they still dont have the pf ghosting figured out), poor total sales which will be reflected in lackluster code that does not get finished, and a ton of fanboys defending the garbage.

The right side is just rehash, the theme is just rehash, the art is old and form the 60s. The only thing new or possibly exciting is the spinning toy and it appears pretty boring in all honesty.

I guess the embossed art is a new thing and kind of cool, but lets be honest, who goes around touching the sides of a game or even seeing it once in a row.

Next please.

#6853 7 years ago

still hyping for your Flip Chris? lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.