PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As an "LE guy" that likes to own LEs, these Super LEs kill the luster of the regular LE for me.
If I can't have a Super LE, then I don't have the crown jewel, and I'm less motivated for the "next tier" LE. Might as well save my money and get a premium down the road if the game looks good in reality.
I can't be the only LE guy that feels like this.

I feel the same way.

#478 7 years ago

Are the 240 LEs already sold out with distributors?

3 weeks later
#2611 7 years ago

Has there been a lot of cancellations since the price was revealed?

#2966 7 years ago

Did Frolic get an LE?

#2991 7 years ago

Are people arguing over bands??? Really??

My XM radio has all different kind of music stations for all different kinds of tastes.

My niece listens to a lot of music that I don't like...at the end of the day, I don't really care. Time for everyone to start to lighten up a bit.

#3018 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think they can raise the LE price and not throw in the shaker. GBLE had a shaker as well.
I can't wait till the curtain is pulled back.

Did you get an LE?

#3080 7 years ago

It's hard to see Stern dropping the ball on this one.

#3145 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The price increase is in part due to Stern having a partner to pay. The partner demands $x per game...Stern just adds that to the price because they aren't going to cut their profit. That explains the LE and Premiums at least. The SLE is a straight up sucker cash grab.

Disney has millions of owners...yet a 1 day pass is only $114.

#3219 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

$9599.00 for this pin! I hope this isn't the start of higher prices! Just like Rarehero,i'm a Pre catagory buyer!!

Gomez said the next game everything is going back to normal.

#3276 7 years ago

How many people on this thread actually ordered a Batman 66 LE?

#3283 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Myself, MK6pin....who else is in? Oh yeah, Odiner

Me.

#3324 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Putting a deposit on a game that you have not seen or played? Can anyone think of any other instance where that would happen with any product?

Ghostbusters LE. Star Wars LE.

#3437 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, not for me. No conditions on the LE were offered and it was a non-refundable deposit or get out. Simple as that and without seeing the game, I got out. - Ridiculous and arrogant policy.

What are people expecting? Order an LE, go to the meet & greet, then cancel the order?

#3449 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The SLE = 15K the LE is 10K so 14K excl. shipping is quite a price... Don't think the theme will sell very good in Europe.

Is the Adam West Batman popular outside the USA?

With 240 LEs, I assumed it was for USA only.

#3491 7 years ago

70 pages worth of posts and expo can't get here fast enough.

#3565 7 years ago

I want a cat woman machine...

Michelle-Pfeiffer-Catwoman (resized).jpgMichelle-Pfeiffer-Catwoman (resized).jpg

#3641 7 years ago

Looks like the 240 LEs aren't sold out...how will they sell 80 of the Super LEs?

#3644 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

SLE's have a special topper and a special sound system, per Gary in the above interview.

Toppers go for $500 and a better sound system is $200.

#3691 7 years ago

My biggest problem with the Super LE, is that it removes the distributor from equation. How many WWE and KISS machines are they sitting on? Now they can't make a profit off of the Super LE.

#3702 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Still waiting on your point.

Gary said in the latest interview that the Super LE is loaded with a topper and better sound system.

All we know, is you get a topper and better sound for $5,000 extra.

#3947 7 years ago

Be nice if she were in the game too.

CZgR40jWkAEK8jA (resized).jpgCZgR40jWkAEK8jA (resized).jpg

#3991 7 years ago

When does batman go on the line?

#4053 7 years ago

$15,000 with only 30 machines makes sense...but $15,000 and there's 80 machines...I just don't know about it.

#4140 7 years ago

As an LE buyer, I'll throw my 2 cents in.

For the LE, they should:

- Put something on the speaker panel. Ghostbusters pro has art on the speaker panel.
- LE should have a backglass (I can't tell from the pics)
- Habitrails should be powder coated. I see the left side is, but doesn't look like the right side is. If this is the case, I will do it myself.

#4634 7 years ago

How about the $12,500 for the Collector's Edition of Dialed In...are there any differences between the LE and Collector's Edition?

#4639 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Good question. Outside of the cab color I don't think anything was specified. No matter what it is, if anything, it can't be 3.5k worth of difference.

Doesn't the Collector's Edition come with a t-shirt?

1 week later
#5195 7 years ago

0b1590ac319ec9f887254cfdb2f8f36f (resized).jpg0b1590ac319ec9f887254cfdb2f8f36f (resized).jpg

#5210 7 years ago

In regards to people spending more than they make...I think it comes down to 1 simple change in society: we are spoiled. Ask someone who lives through the depression the difference between wants and needs. Then ask someone under 30 the same exact question. Needs and wants have been flipped. Today's generation is more worried about funding their wants, which they see as needs, and they view their needs as wants.

When my friends ask me why I need another machine, I correct them in that I don't need it, I want it.

As for Batman, I loved the show as a kid. The campiness should translate well to the machine.

As for the pricing, this wasn't a test for Aerosmith. This is going to be a test for Star Wars. I expect to see 100-200 SLE and another 600-800 LE machines.

#5212 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe tbe designer decided he only wanted 6 color changing inserts. Do we know which inserts are the color changing ones? Have any of the newer sterns tried color changing GI yet?
I don't think the number of color changing inserts is linearly proportional to the quality of gameplay.

Star Trek and Game of Thrones is full color changers.

#5304 7 years ago

Looks like the LE isn't sold out yet. Automated still has them available on their website.

On a side note, their site also says they have Ghostbusters LE in stock.

1 week later
#5602 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern is a for profit company whose goal is to maximize profits. If they price their products too high the market will respond accordingly. I dont think Stern adjusting their prices for what the think the market can bear makes them greedy, it makes them business men.
I also wish NIB prices were lower but they are what they are.
The great thimg about this hobby though is that you can have just as much fun with a decades old sub 1k game as you can with an 8k NIB one.

Great post.

This is why economics, finance and accounting should be taught from grades 5 - 12.

Too many people just do not have a clue how a free market economy works.

I love Milton Friedman...He should be required reading in school...guess I wouldn't mind a Milton Friedman pinball machine LOL

#5609 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains.

This is the kind of thinking that will doom this country.

No need to insult people for spending their hard earned money the way they please.

My friends learned a long time ago that I answer their "why did you buy X?" question with only 1 answer: "I work my ass off and I wanted it."

#5631 7 years ago

I can't wait till my LE gets here.

I'm a huge fan of the the right kind of Batman (for the wrong kind, see Batman & Robin).

#5647 7 years ago

I just picked up the series on Blu-Ray yesterday to celebrate my LE arriving in a few weeks.

#5649 7 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Have you reliably heard it will be out before the end of the year? I've been trying to get a feel for likely delivery and haven't really been able to pin down a good estimate.

End of November/Early December is what I was told.

#5659 7 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You sure brag a lot about your superior knowledge of economics, "how business works", and "how hard you work".

I have a degree in finance & accounting, I own a company, and I was up at 6am, out the door by 7am and got home at 9pm...so yea, I do work hard.

2 weeks later
#5919 7 years ago

When are these going into production?

I would like to have my LE before Christmas.

#5966 7 years ago

da da da da da da da da
I want my pin

da da da da da da da da
I want my pin

da da da da da da da da
I want my pin

#6001 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You don't have to be anything special to save / invest money, try to set aside something every paycheck as if you never earned it.
I like to say 10% but whatever you can afford.
Say your paycheck is $5k (try) to take out $500 or even $250 straight away and invest in (stock/ETF maybe bonds).
I bought a number of shares of MO for $18/share they're now worth $64/share plus pay me $2.2/year in dividend. That's freaking amazing, probably much better than if I had bought BBB for $5k when they were first sold.
By now MO could totally disappear (unlikely) and I'd still be way ahead.
That example probably is an outlier, most stocks won't do that well but usually darn well better than buying consumer goods or pinball machines.

More companies increase in value than you realize. The main component to growth that many don't do, is the reinvestment of dividends. Many companies increase their dividends annually.

#6006 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got notice from my distributor that LE's are shipping in the next 2 weeks!!!!!! Holy Cow, Batman!!!!

Who's your distributor?

#6012 7 years ago

Here's to hoping we see some video tomorrow of Batman being on the line.

#6031 7 years ago

Is Automated the only distributor telling people 2 weeks?

Have other distributors starting asking for final payment? Have other distributors said 2 weeks?

#6034 7 years ago

I read that LEs are first, then SLEs, then Premiums. There's only 240 LEs. Should take them no more than 2 weeks to get all the LEs shipped.

#6046 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sterns favorite customer: Will throw $10k at a purchase on faith. They don't have to do anything to earn that sale.

Here's the real question.

Would anyone be buying this game if Lonnie were on code?

#6099 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update:
Just got off the phone w Mike @ Automated ( he said he had tried calling me twice earlier after we spoke, but phone was busy)
Stern told him they are releasing gameplay video FRIDAY, and didn't want me to send my balance in until after I'd seen it ( I've still only got 2k in, and speaks volumes to Mikes credibility). Told him I was sending balance Friday or Monday, and he was way good with that. He also stated he had a long list of people wanting one of these, so he was good either way ( would still refund my 2k if I didn't want it).
Told him no way in hell was I backing out, and he laughed, assuring me my spot was good.
GAMEPLAY FRIDAY!!!

Did he give you a shipping date?

#6109 7 years ago

I hope mine doesn't arrive December 23.

#6160 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Didn't play it, but it's on the line today.

Does it look like any are completed yet?

#6183 7 years ago

There will be some good video of my machine when it gets here.

#6196 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mine too...I'm still very excited to own it.....just wish they would have honored what they told Mike....seems they would want to take care of their distributors as well as end users. Hopefully a good reason for the delay..I'll stay upbeat...

It'd be great if they start going out next week.

#6274 7 years ago

For the prices Stern is charging for Batman, the machine better not have any issues.

#6417 7 years ago

I'm in on the LE and I'm very excited to get it.

#6421 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
I prefer to call out the trolls, but thanks for the suggestion!

Too much negativity in this thread. All 80 SLE and 240 LEs are sold out. So I know of at least 319 other people who are excited to get their machines.

Am I happy about the price? Not at all. This is a free country. I am free to buy it or not to buy it. I chose to buy it. I work my ass off and I wanted to treat myself.

#6448 7 years ago

Nice!!! Looks like we will be getting our games soon.

#6454 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the video around 9 minute mark there are some large plastics of alfred and another of comissioner gordon with chief ohara. They weren't on the expo games so I wonder where they go? Maybe they are part of the premium toppers?
Also saw the penguin crame has a new decal on it thats a little fancier than the plain text decal on the expo games.
Every LE cabinet they showed had inner art blades. I thought they were only included with the SLE's. Would be a nice surpise if the LE buyers get those as well.
Looks like it wont be long now til they finally start shipping games. Really looking forward to the gameplay video.

I was shocked when I saw the inner art blades on the LE. That's a nice little touch.

I just hope the SLEs aren't the only ones that get the extra wrapping for shipping. That would be nice if that was something we see on al LEs going forward.

#6462 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Is it possible that those are just some of the LEs that were special ordered that way?

I can't imagine Stern customizing LEs. Just not practical on an assembly line.

#6500 7 years ago

Is there any place to buy that plastic protector for the inside of the machine?

It'd be so much easier to lift and the lower the playfield having that in place.

#6506 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Which protector??

The plastic protector covering the art blades when the playfield is in the up position.

#6574 7 years ago

Do I put Mylar down on the spinning playfield? And in front of it?

2 weeks later
#6997 7 years ago

Does the scoop cliffy for dark knight fit Batman? Looking at the pictures, it looks identical.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.