New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (4 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (4 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (4 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (4 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Cool. I'm sure the playfield lcd will blow though
Sounds pricey

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Thats what I was thinking. All new layout using the same old layout?
30 "Super LE," purchase by invite only? Will it be $10K? Will anyone turn it down? Have they done this kind of "Super LE" before?

It's a ballsy move. Everyone is worried aboot inserts falling out of the goddamn machines, so Stern zigs when we're thinking zag
and drops a super rare high dollar machine...wtf...Invitation only...good grief.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lyman had code on BDK. Not his best work, but he was new.

whaaa?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I really hope the figures on the poster don't represent the artwork on the game

Naw they'll probably use the newer Christopher Nolan artwork for Batman 66

EDIT: Man I wish there was a "Buffalo 66" version

#24 4 years ago

"Dressed even more so than a normal LE machine...."

Those are ominous words right there.

#26 4 years ago

So what's the plan here? Super LE will be 1-2K more than a regular LE with LCD, so then after that the prices will just be $500 more for the LCD?

#36 4 years ago

No pro, bigger prices, LCD screen, deposits...sounds familiar.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

....still holding out for Kevin Conroy version.

Meanwhile, back at the wrench...

mp (resized).jpg

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Doesn't it make sense for no pro if this a retheme or very close to a retheme since bdk only has one model?

Well it says it's re-designed...how much is actually going to be there whom knows. I mean if it was a stright re-theme they couldn't make a stripped down further pro and make people pay 1500 for that horrible bridge teeter-totter. That game deosn;t have much going for it to warrent a premium/Le

Quoted from dmbjunky:

No one's complaining about price just that there's no pro.

My guess is there's going to be a shitload of bitching when they announce it...but I've been wrong a few times.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

What I mean take some Carmine Infantino artwork, Alex Ross (see his Batman '66 covers) or even photoshopped from Batman '66 movie. Why would they use images of Nolan on the artwork of Batman '66? Silly!

Alex Ross is total wrong era, makes less sense than Nolan.
Infantino looks decent, just sort of comic book era stuff doesn;t blow me away.
WE've come along way with Stern...no f*&(ing way we're going back to photoshop stills from movies good lord.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

In fact, they need to keep rolling out games to keep making money or they wont be able to afford to fix the current issues as we all know it will cost them a lot.

Man you're totally right...they deserve a corporate bailout now that I think of it. Thank you Jesu...I mean Gary!

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Are people in the US really going to want to pay JJP / DP money for a game that will almost ...

They wont want to, but they will.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Letter to Stern,
Sigh,
I was ready to order the Spidey VE, but then came the playfield issues.
I am ready to order this B66, but you still have not addressed the playfield issues.
When you are ready to stand up and tell us what went wrong, and why these 8K toys won't have the same problem, let me know.
Sorry, until then, I won't take the risk.

Dearest Scott,

I don't give a shit.

Best Wishes,
Gary

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Will Stern still go on to build pros? If yes, would they have LCD? What about operators, can they monetize these premium machines If no pros available in the future?

If they can get more monies out of eliminating the pro they will do it; but I don't see it happening (not that I know anything).

Do they have the man power to produce both dots & video for the screens? If they do, I think they would do that as the perceived value increase in the video would increase prices for higher models. But I have no idea.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Man, I drifted away from Pinside for a few months, coming back I'm really surprised at the endless insults, ridicule and general obnoxiousness going on.
Damn.

Welcome to the lounge

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've also heard they are making VR pinball.

For me, they would have to completely invent a brand new type of pinball to work in VR, and I'm afraid it would be too little like real pinball to interest me (Of course I'm not a game designer).
The whole point of VR is, shit I hate to even utter the word, obviously that's it's totally immersive. The games right now are very basic games, the only reason you're playing them is because of the VR world they create. Now, putting on all the VR and spending all the monies to play a pinball machine...not worth it by a mile, so what are they going to invent to change that?
Am I "in" the machine? Am I the pinball? I'm I the flippers that move in a 360 degree world/table? That's my disconnect, that's where it's seems more like a video game and fun for a minute but not a hobby.

#386 4 years ago

Whoa whoa William Holden just show up here or what

#577 4 years ago

Ahhhhh...sorry I thought Keith was talking aboot Borg.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But if it's just going to generate whining I can find other uses for my time.

Ha...you not reminding us (again & again) you're working on Alien; that is funny.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

2 LCD screens. I'm sure the freaking coffee can is gone.

Just wait till that coffee can is not only back, but opens to show you the joker on a 2" LCD screen!

But that might be a step up to Whoa Nelly's .25" LCD screen.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I literally LOLed. That would be awesome. I'd strangely respect Stern in a weird way if they actually did that!

Can you imagine the first time you see that after dropping 10K...and then hear the jokers laugh...shit that does sound halarious actually.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That coffee can was atrocious...still can't believe they actually made that "toy".

Sweet baby Jesus it WASN'T EVEN THE WORST TOY....the frikkin teeter totter....WTF?!? Funny part is I do kind of like the game.

#811 4 years ago

Yes Erak it's a Promium

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey, what happens at the bottom of the pile, stays at the bottom of the pile. Or so I've been told.

Exactly! This is THE WORST sports cliche`ever, and it even beats shit like "He's walking GINGERLY off the field..." & "He wishes he could have that throw back!"

Like...really, what the fuck is happening down there? It's 2016, men grabbing other male dicks with there hand in a tugging motion shouldn't be a secret now. Are they fish hooking mouths? Squeezing the testes? Rubbing their back?

1 week later
#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

The Cheshire Cat (/ˈtʃɛʃər/ or /ˈtʃɛʃɪər/) is a fictional cat popularised by Lewis Carroll in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and known for its distinctive mischievous grin.

WTF

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So it's time to throw the predictions of games like Goonies in the trash and break out the heavy hitters.

The fact most people won;t remember they just rebooted that with a movie last year isn't a great sign.

#1877 4 years ago

The term is "Promium."

#1880 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

According to swinks record of MSRPs, they did. After Avengers with Metallica.

Thing is the whole MSRP vs. actual price, which can confuse the issue. GBpro MSRP price wasn;t any higher than GOT right? It was just the "Stern cracking down on distro prices" yada yada that made it cost more (I think I don't remember the exact figures)

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

IMO you would really have to like that machine to pay those prices

WEll you just have to be a fanboy of the theme as we've seen...then you can just throw objectivity & reason out the window

4 weeks later
#4219 4 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Sorry bro It's just a BDKVE with a LCD...meh

It's actually less appealing then the original.

#4226 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

you are so cool man!

Thanks?

#4241 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,question,i'm not familiar with BDK,so what does that crane do???Anybody???

It moves to the diff'rent locations where the inserts are and you hit it...it's a really cool actually.

I like the art...don't like the TV section thing...I liked the drop/up kicker from BDk

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thank you TheLaw! Kinda like the Slimer ,sounds like to me!!

Yes but it works MUCH better than Slimer, and it registers all the time.

#4265 4 years ago

Thanks for your unbiased opinion and not wanting to here other peoples views

Quoted from ATLpb:

Found an LE. Deposit paid. I can't resist the corniness of KAPOW.

What a shock

#4268 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The layout reminds me more of the 3k costco stripped down tdk with another ramp.

Strip it down, raise up that price

#4276 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

yes i only love it because i'm buying it- not for all the reasons i just typed

Yes all the reasons it's awesome without playing it...brillaint.

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

we can go on all day and you'll still be the guy that wants to not like it no matter what.

Not true, I just said it wasn't as appealing as the original and and you didn't like that for some reason. I didn't know whey then i realized you pre-ordered it yada yada you're on of those people. I hope it's great.

#4297 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like big bush Catwoman!

1966 indeed!

#4326 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can you blame Stern?

No, we all blame JJP for current prices.

#4336 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Every play BBB - I bet BM66 is way more fun.

Most likely true.

#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

What does the crane have to do with any of the vintage batman episodes? Nothing. It was the best (only?) liked feature of BDK, but that's it. Sticks out like a sore thumb on a Batman '66 theme.

Ummm.....I'm honestly trying to remember what a crane has to do with the batman movies, and I cannot think of anything. Is it really just there begins Scarcrow's name is "crane?" I mean that's not exactly a compelling link to begin with

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

they removed the center ramp being diverted right/left (which was nice),

they removed the balance-toy (which was nice),

stand up targets are still there

It was?

balance toy? You mean the bridge...the dumbest thing ever put on a pinball machine?

They added drops...BDK were stand ups

#4419 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Autozone called, your high end (lol) Jensen amplifiers are on back order

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can bet your life that Coke and Apple will cease to exist within our lifetimes. Maybe 10 years, maybe 50 years. Who knows.

What? Good lord what;s the national drink in NZ? Not mixed with Coke I guess...bit off the mark there RD.

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, JJP is a bigger Hog imho

My only opinion is the same as when i first joined Pinside...Iceman is up to his old shit again

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This doesn't even come close to what happened in the old days and you know it Law.

Nothin' but respect. Old Timers= respect

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I did hear from my distributer today that a topper will be available to purchase for the premium but it will not be the same as the one on the SLE & LE.

I would assume..or is the "LIMITED" not that?

#4758 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah that guy was passionate about Transformers & Avengers too.
Gary's favorite game is whatever is on the production line & I suspect the same is said by Gomez now days.

man it's almost as if they're trying to sell you something?!?

2 months later
#6700 3 years ago

Totally worth the price!

#6740 3 years ago

Looks pretty sweet!

#6840 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Clip show" my A
None of you experts could even sniff much less come close to carrying Lyman's jock when it comes to coding a pinball machine

And I'm sure Lyman couldn't come close to sniffing many of our jocks when it comes to video editing....so there!

Quoted from jar155:

The high score newspaper thing is neat. It's just 32 years old.

It's cute but it's also low hanging fruit for sure.

#6844 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

They got the job done and somewhat excusable when trying to build the cheapest pro possible.

WEll now they've switched and raised the prices so we all can be happy

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

I'm sure they'll put more in there as code develops (as well as villain heckles)...it looks like a great start, as far as I'm concerned.

Sure sure...we'll just wait for the code to mature...how long could it possibly take?!?

Quoted from iceman44:

I blame JJP. They got me back into pinball with the LCD.

For sure their the ones that started the whole thing.

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Googling for the hacked version now...

Most people have only played the hacked (fast) version of Ms PM

#6862 3 years ago

b (resized).jpg

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Why the hell am I too? Is that a requirement now?

Think it has to do with donating as they can prove whom you are?

EDIT: If you click on your name in the upper right the first page talk aboot validating...

EDIT2: Oh sorry I think I didn't get your point.

1 week later
#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

gadgets and minor villains other than Shane,

Shame

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside