New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (4 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (4 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (4 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (4 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lyman had code on BDK. Not his best work, but he was new.

huh? Lyman had been programming pinballs since 1994.

rd

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I know. My Internet humor button was broken.

rd

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What if they offer this premium for lower than normal? Then they just never bring back the Pro.

Only one thing wrong with this theory ...

You don't move into a factory twice the size to make 75% less machines.

rd

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson .... he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there

Sometimes "more complex" is not necessarily better.

rd

#712 4 years ago

You might get offered one Mikey!

rd

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you all are doing well. I just read you had a 7.1 earthquake nearby and small Tsunami wave.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/asia/new-zealand-earthquake/index.html

That's a daily occurrence around these parts. Esp for Mikey down in Christchurch

We live on the 15th floor of an apartment building and my wife felt the bed shaking at 4.37am ... And for once it wasn't me doing the shaking lol

rd

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unless it just makes you feel better, no need to hate on it before you've seen it

Conversely, no reason to proclaim it the as second coming before you've seen it.

Best to maintain a neutral stance and say nothing. Boring, I know ...

rd

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Throw in a little "real football" RD and we have the makings of a great

Wow, do you have Rugby League over there?

rd

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO,are we all owners of the B66LE,or are most of you just dreaming at this point???

Don't be "that guy" ...

rd

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Do NFL guys stick their fingers in each others butts though?

They leave that for the locker room after the game

rd

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yeah but the big NFL players would never be able to touch anyone because they are too fat and would be gasping for breath after running 20 meters

Jarryd Hayne was a superb athlete in Rugby League, he signed to the 49ers as a kick receiver for 18mths ... He couldn't run 100 yards without getting puffed after he came back to League! lol!

rd

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

This video shows just how pathetic football players can be compared to rugby players

I think Icey was referring to American football, rather than "socccccccerrrrr".

Gridiron = football (although they rarely kick it)

Football = soccccccerrrrr

You should know that CLG, you're an American!!

rd

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

Good hits.

Luckily they have 120 other players on the sideline to bring in.

rd

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't really see how deposits would lessen the amount of games that are flipped. I don't think you can stop that unless they want to make a bunch of games before shipping them to distributors. If they can keep supply roughly equal to demand then the flippers won't be tempted to sell.

Yeah, that comment made no sense at all.

As soon as the game is ready to ship, it can be sold. For whatever price.

Deposits, if anything, make the flipping even worse, because people can't get a machine (because they are all sold) it demands a higher price.

Basic FOMO in action. FOMO drives the collector market in everything.

rd

#970 4 years ago
Quoted from RocketPin:

You can make a LCD monitor work on any pinball, even early SS. all you need is a processer (Raspberry Pi) and collect the data from the display output port and generate a video output based on the data you receive. the Raspberry Pi will give you up to 1920x1080 video resolution. If Stern is truly going to a Spike 2.0 then they are just adding a video processer on the main board to facilitate this process. Based on most of the spec's of video processers they will be able to drive multiple video displays with one processer.

You (or someone) should make a plug and play adapter.

Using a LCD would be cheaper than a new DMD and would provide an option to the Sega guys with the large unobtainium DMDs.

rd

#975 4 years ago

Well, there you go!

rd

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I have a hunch JJP3 will be revealed at Expo and a few may have it in their homes by Xmas ......this year!

JJP is in a odd place....

If they announce #3, guaranteed some Hobbit money goes towards #3 and Hobbit sales suffer.

But if they don't announce it, #3 money will get tied up in one of the other 1000 new machines out or coming very soon ... TBL, Alien, JPOP (hahaha couldn't resist) or one of Sterns 20 new titles they're working on.

Sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation for JJP...

rd

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly - we've heard it so much over the years, but this notion that the next title eats sales from the previous title is naive

Hmmmm ... No.

They've spent $X developing Hobbit, they need to maximise return on $X by selling as many Hobbits as they can, for maximum ROI.

Once that cow has been milked dry, and maximum return on $X has been obtained, they will try and maximise the return on the $Y they have invested in #3.

While you are correct that a sale is a sale, the aim for them is to make TWO sales, a hobbit and a #3. Not just a #3.

That's the thin line you tread in business. You don't release a new model while the old model is still selling. Apple doesn't put out IPhone8 a week after iPhone7. They milk the 7 until it can be milked no more.

rd

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Using that logic, wouldn't Alien would be eating into sales of Full Throttle?

Yep. There are plenty of people in the Alien thread who have said they are not buying FThrottle because they are wanting Alien ... However they are buying the conversion kit, so that's a good move by Heighway. A lot of those conversion kit customers wouldn't have bought FThrottle as a stand alone machine.

rd

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because stern has the volume, capital and distribution that can afford to hold inventory. It takes a run up of success before you can afford to float a catalog of titles. You also need desirable titles. As much as we all like to say we can still get Metallica, Star Trek, etc... Games like wwe, kiss, and others suffer from the catalog availability.

Exactly. Stern can run 4-6 titles at a time, and afford a couple of titles that aren't super sellers (like WWE)

If JJP #3 turns out to be Roller Coaster Tycoon Meets Monopoly, things ain't going to be too rosy over in Jersey ....

rd

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I guess the hobbit is going to be the next x-men of pinside.... People defending it till their dying breath until years later they wake up.

Except Xmen is now a very good game.

Yes, initially the code was shit. Now it is not.

rd

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's still a shit game with shit toys and shit voices.

You know you love it, Rare. Come on now ...

rd

#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

So not trying to be negative but based on limited info, we should also acknowledge what if it was:
1. Center ramp shot like Costco edition (1st ramp)
2. To right of center ramp it feeds new ramp that crosses over (2nd ramp).
3. Where Joker is standing, he's replaced with a bat computer (LED screen)
If this is the new layout, would Batman 66 owners be excited? Fair question, because right now no one knows.

My guess ... Teeter totter gone, replaced with left ramp. Batman targets pushed back against the left side, before you get to the ramp entrance. Otherwise, much the same.

rd

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

FOR SALE
MY BATMAN 66SUPER L.E
price :30K euro

This hobby has officially jumped the shark.

rd

image.jpeg

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

maybe if you sell half of your collection, you could buy one?

Possibly!!

rd

#1551 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The epic collections out there are not because some guy thinks these games are the best bang for the buck.

You haven't been to my place yet

rd

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think you ment Jpop, not ben on this one. you are calling out the wrong guy.

He was using Heck as a exclamation, not a dudes name. Unfortunate coincidence.

rd

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, but we could have a rugby match in your house with R Diddy, and film crashing through the screen door in a drunken stupor.

I was planning to do that at your house when I come around before the Texas Pinball Festival next year ... can you get a screen door installed before then?

Quoted from iceman44:

Should it be the Road Show or the Indy 500?(on fire)

Neither! I'll take them off your hands when I'm there and I can bring them back as baggage on the lovely Air New Zealand.

rd

#2536 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's an original photo of Frank Gorshin so you can see where he got the source pose from. I think they all look fantastic and don't care if the pose of the character was used previously or not.

If you look at those old photos, you can see they often used the same images as well.

Of course they didn't have PhotoShop back then.

They used PhotoScissors.

rd

#2663 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And now for the segway

IMG_3145 (resized).JPG

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Looking at his user name, sounds like he is from New Zealand.

Mikey, it might be time to put your location next to your username.

rd

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

For those of you in the US as context so you know where we are coming from. Take the full Stern retail price price, add 15% for tax and then another 15% cause the only Stern distributor in the country says so.

You're not quite right there. You haven't factored in shipping. Unless you have a tardis, you need to ship it.

8599 USD RRP for a premium = $11,876 NZD
Plus 15% tax = 13,657.40
Plus shipping and shipping costs $1000
= $14,657 landed (no profit added)

7500 USD is the reported "street price" = $10,360 NZD
Plus 15% tax = $11,914
Plus shipping and shipping costs $1000
= $12,914
Plus $1000 profit = $14,000 (inc GST)

There's your pricing model. Pretty much down to the dollar.

rd

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Is shipping really that much? Don't they ship by sea and a few at a time?

If you buy a container full, the shipping cost per unit drops dramatically. Unfortunately they ain't selling 20-30 new Sterns in NZ at one time.

Ship a few pins LCL and that's what youll be looking at, by the time you include all the MAF fees etc etc etc. The freight part is about $500-600 USD per unit, all the fees etc add up. The more you ship, the cheaper it gets.

$2000-2500 plus taxes to airfreight a machine.

rd

#2983 4 years ago

Some guy suggested all this a few weeks ago ....

rd

Quoted from rotordave:

My guess ... Teeter totter gone, replaced with left ramp. Batman targets pushed back against the left side, before you get to the ramp entrance. Otherwise, much the same.
rd

#2998 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ed is one of the nicest pinballers around. His posts here are well thought out

I concur. Danni and I got to hang with Ed and Nate from Coast to Coast at PAPA earlier in the year and Ed was a great guy. We played a heap of pins, even though I had the flu bad and wasn't much fun, Danni loved it.

He reminded me that he had emailed me a few years ago asking if he could bring some kids from his charity to my pinball arcade. He had flown them to Queenstown NZ from Canada I presume. At the time I had no idea who this was emailing me, but I said sure, come on up ... but he didn't realise that Queenstown is like 1500km from my house haha! So they didn't end up coming ... but he says he will be back some time.

rd

#3001 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Invite him along to Pincade!

Of course!

Everyone is welcome at Pincade!

rd

1 week later
#3554 4 years ago

If you listen to the preview of the new Batman 66 cartoon movie, the Batman voice is being done by Mayor West. You can't unhear it

rd

#3599 4 years ago

I love how all the Batman 66 "gear" has a name written on it. Just in case they forget what it is I guess.

Bat Shield
Bat Computer
Baterang
Etc
Etc

rd

IMG_3312 (resized).JPG

#3601 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wonder if Batman has some Hot Pants that say on the back "Bat Ass".

You know he does. Guaranteed.

He takes them off when he goes to the Bat Bathroom to take a Bat Leak.

rd

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

They might also know that Pat's new game is going......to......kick.....ASS!

If that was the case, the intelligent business decision for Stern would be to make a killer pin, and undercut the opposition, kill their sales and hopefully destroy their company.

Pricing your pin far more expensive than the oppositions (which some perceive to be a better presented product) only drives customers to buy the oppositions products.

Sort of Business 101 really ...

rd

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It seems to me Stern is trying to milk as much cash as they can, as quickly as they can, as if the end of the world was in sight,

Well, a lot of us believe the end of the financial world is coming (ie the next recession is just around the corner) so another way to look at it is that they are increasing the paper profitability of the company, in preparation for sale or floating it on the stock market.

If you want to cash out of a business, the crazy, heady days of 2016 are a really good time to do so.

Get in and cash out before the recession, because when the recession hits, turnover and profits will take a dive, and nobody wants to buy retail or manufacturing in a recession.

I've just sold some of my assets at the top of the market ... no doubt I will be able to buy them back at a good discount in about 2 years

rd

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Nice try in avoidance. Where did you hear/see - and what is the lower price?

I thought of that concept yesterday...

30 x $15,000 = $450,000

80 x $12,999 = $1,039,920

With a price drop, they could look like heros and still coin up.

(Hey, it's still a $12,999 pinball machine though...)

rd

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No sir. I have no money to waste at this time in my life. I am struggling to keep my business afloat. No pinballs, no cars,no anything except taking care of my family and pushing to make it work. I have never had to do that and I spent stupid money. Now its biting e in the ass

Good luck with it man. You have got to get the priorities sorted out, sounds like you're on the right track.

Family comes first, toys a distant second. You can always get more toys down the road sometime, when you have everything sorted out.

rd

#4374 4 years ago

Gotta hand it to George, he loves what he does and you can always hear it in his voice. I wish my employees were that enthused about their jobs.

rd

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That just flat out sucks.
Here's what I'd do, take the $14k, buy Apple stock, get a 2.1% dividend, watch it go to $150 from $118 in the next 9 months, sell it, and walla, you just got a $9500 BM66LE

Or wait till the next sharemarket crash and watch it all disappear. Like a Jpop pin.

rd

#4609 4 years ago

Batman 66 for alllllll!

rd

#4625 4 years ago

I'll leave you guys to talk about it between yourselves.

rd

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've put the SLE out of my mind, it no longer exists.

Did you apply for one Frolic?

rd

#4779 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When Jared was showing me the game, he specifically mentioned that this would be corrected before the machine goes into production.

Nothing worse than "massive flaps"

Lol

rd

#4882 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Then ultimately I was never offered one, so the decision was taken out of my hands. Whatever honor I might have felt would not apply to being offered 'sloppy seconds' if they were to offer me one now that someone else isn't taking

Interesting that the 80 Super LE emails have gone out ... and I think we have had 2 guys (?) in this thread that have said they are getting one.

Which would mean that either the guys getting them aren't the boasting kind ... or a lot of the recipients aren't on Pinside.

rd

#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The only thing that most people who are very rich have in common is being very lucky.

Personally, I found the harder I worked, the "luckier" I got.

Maybe that was just me.

Luckily my days of working 80-90 hours per week are now over. But I doubt I would be able to do what I do now without that 25 years of hard effort.

rd

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My plan now is to make that steak, drink that Jack, maybe play some pinball, and not worry about tomorrow, cause I aint workin' Tuesdays no more.

As long as there is good steak and jack on the table, all is well with the world.

rd

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All I can afford is a 2001 Tacoma pre-runner. But I think it's one of the best trucks ever made and I hope it will last me forever. So far so good.

I think he meant a wine.

rd

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

damn that stars is in nice shape.

Yeah! Keep the wine ... I'll have the Stars.

rd

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm paying $1350.00 a month for shitty health insurance.

Holy shit!

rd

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

IMO there's only a small group of people silly enough to buy a used BM66... Unfortunately those are the same people who bought a BM66 NIB lol

I think you underestimate the amount of very rich people who are buying pinball machines.

Long term pinball hobbyists might be baulking at these prices, but for every one of us old timers, there seems to be a new guy stepping up for whom money seems to be no issue whatsoever.

For these dudes, $15,000 for a Super LE is what they'd pay for two first class airfares somewhere. And they get to keep it for ever. $15,000 is the depreciation on their new car as soon as they drive it off the lot.

How long these guys remain in the hobby, who knows. I've met some of them that buy a bunch of machines very quickly, and a year later sell them all.

rd

#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Do people sell some of them? I knew there must be a reason I have run out of room.

I've sold 10 in the last two months. Everyone runs out of room eventually.

rd

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but how do you manage to add 20 every time you get rid of 10?

Haha! 10 out ... only 5 back in. The collection is shrinking!

I'm pretty much done buying ... except for a Fathom, I have what I want now.

rd

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There was a nice one floating around not too long ago. Not far from Magic Mountain.

Might be time for a revisit to the mountain!

rd

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Ha! I was thinking more about how much money one has make to be labeled rich or very rich.

When you can drop $15,000 on a pinball machine like a normal person drops $100 on a good meal at a nice restaurant.

rd

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Could you tell us how much a Batman SLE buyer might pay for his meal?

Dunno!

Personally, a visit to Lucielles BBQ in your neighbourhood is my cup of tea!

rd

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey rd, I don't remember you having a cup of tea when we were there last time?

Oh, those big jugs of brown stuff wasn't tea? Whoooops!

rd

#5367 4 years ago

I have a bunch of 4 year olds around my house for a Halloween theme birthday party. For some reason Mrs RD thought it'd be sweet to crank up the Batman movie on the home theatre. They were enthralled by the exploding shark attack! Lucky Robin had the Bat Shark Repellant handy!

rd

IMG_3616 (resized).JPG

IMG_3613 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5661 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I heard LE before Xmas for sure, SLE a few before xmas most after xmas...

I was told the SLEs will be shipped before Xmas.

I was kindly offered one by Stern ... I ended up declining the offer. I was all keen to bring one to NZ to share with the punters. Unfortunately $25,000+ NZ for a pinball machine is a little outside my comfort zone, so Gary says it will be passed on to the next on the list.

rd

#5664 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Typical Australian, no respect for the rules.

And tried 100 times to get something for free lollllll

rd

#5676 4 years ago

I asked Paul if he wanted it, he almost bit but he will stick with his LE. $8000 more NZD for the SLE over his LE. That's a lot of moolah.

The SLE will go to someone in the USA I imagine.

rd

#5705 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

How hard is it to make.. shoot this shot 3x, shoot that shot 3x.

That's Lonnie rules ...

rd

#5734 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

If RotorDave made such a video, it better include a fearsome Haka!

I'd be the whitest looking Maori dude you'd ever see. My haka would scare nobody

Here's one that is a bit better than any I could muster...

rd

#5737 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Come on, dave. Don't be modest.

That's the "Friday Night Booze Haka"

Quite popular around this way.

rd

#5738 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I pictured your application video more something like this
» YouTube video

I see your rare Dio footage and raise you some rare Graeme Bonnet footage!

This is what happens when you replace Dio with a rockabilly singer ....

rd

#5740 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Something odd has to be going on with this one.

I don't think so.

They already sold 80 machines at $15,000

They already sold another 240 machines at $9999.

They're sold and paid for and out the door.

No need to promote something that's already sold out.

When they are ready to push the Premiums next year, that's when you'll see a video.

rd

#5742 4 years ago

As cool as the SLE would be, and it'd be cool to have one here in NZ, here's my rationale why I didn't buy it.

The game was $15,000 USD. Initially, I was to pay that sum to Stern (direct) and ship it myself. I ship a lot of pins so I can do it cheaply. Then they changed it and decided that the NZ Stern distributor would do it. Suddenly it is $24,000 NZD plus the shipping on top of that, whatever that was.

The reality is, for say $26,000 landed here, I would have to sell 4 of these mint games and probably half the Avatar as well to cover $26,000.

The question is, as cool as it may be, is one game better than Spider-Man + Star Trek + Family Guy + Batman TDK + half of Avatar? Four of the best games Stern has made?

My conclusion was, unfortunately not.

rd

IMG_3754 (resized).JPG

IMG_3755 (resized).JPG

#5744 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I came to the same conclusion, but my rationale was a bit different. I figured I could buy an SLE and get divorced, or not buy it and stay happily married. I chose the latter.

Sweet move.

rd

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Brits have always been so gobsmacked that we here in the US don't regard RB as highly as other guitarists who were much more popular

Blackmore is a god.

Deep Purple were big in the USA back in the early/mid 70s too ... witness the California Jam with the Mk3 lineup. But they never seemed to kick on from that and the legacy disappeared, in the USA at least.

Quoted from Billy16:

Bonnet was way out of his element on this tune. I think he did some really nice tunes with Rainbow--just not this one.

I've read interviews with Bonnet where he says he never really wanted to sing hard rock. He was all about crooning and rockabilly music. That could go a long way to explain why he usually only ever did one album with an act (Rainbow and MSG come to mind ...)

rd

#5751 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Dave says it all. If someone with 125 pinball machines isn't in...but this math certainly doesn't add up. ST $4300 + FG $5000 + Batman TDK $4500 + 1/2 Avatar $2000 = $15,800. Oh wait it really does add up! wow.

Of course, I was relating it in NZ terms against a $26,000 landed price through the distributor.

But in USA terms ... $15,000 (presuming that's a delivered price ...)
Mint Star Trek Pro $4600 all day
Mint Family Guy $5000
Mint BMTDK $4500
Mint Avatar $3900
= 18,000
Less half the Avatar = say $16,000.

So, 3.5 pins to one SLE, as opposed to 4.5 for us on the other side of the planet. You get to keep your Spider-Man.

It'd want to be a faaaaaarking sweet pin for that deal.

rd

#5778 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gomez got the new car bonus for going up to 80 SLE's.

50 more at $15,000 should land George quite a sweet ride ...

rd

#5854 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's just my guess.

Evidently they had 400 applications so there was more demand than you may think ....

Seems to be lots of people with deep pockets in this hobby.

Wait till all the Star Wars SLE versions come out (that's my guess ... but they'd be silly not to cash in, seeing the demand for BM66SLE)

rd

#5858 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Wish I had gone with the SLE now but will be happy with the LE. If they do this again with Star Wars( which I totally expect they will) I will be in on an SLE.

Haha well I did offer!

Watch for the following Star Wars SuperLEs ...

100x Luke Skywalkers
100x Darth Vaders
100x Hans Solos

Possibly

That's 300x $15,000 = $4,500,000 ... and you watch them fly out the door.

That's just a wild guess. But you see those numbers, and you'd be doing it too.

rd

#5860 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Well, next year's the Star Wars 40th anniversary, so probably 40 of something.

Ahhhhh true!

40 Luke Skywalkers at $20,000 instead.

rd

#5862 4 years ago

That's the Black Friday deal.

rd

#5875 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Fair enough but if the demand is so high and there were that many chomping at the bit why are people that skipped the deposit deadline getting emails to pay the full amount by Dec 1st?? I would think that if you skipped out on the deadline for the deposit someone would be behind you pretty quick to take your spot. Right??
» YouTube video

Huh? I don't follow. If you've agreed to buy something it's time to pay up .. they are asking for the money. Gary told me they are shipping SLEs "before Xmas".

They don't want 80 unpaid machines sitting in the warehouse. They want to make them, box them, and ship them. Probably all on the same day.

Remember, this is the first time in 30 years that Stern has sold machines direct to the public. Normally they ship to a distributor and bill them. This time, they are dealing with the end user. It'll take a bit of time for them to get their heads around that, I would suspect.

rd

#5878 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If this continues, it's bad, bad, bad.

It all depends what happens with the next release.

If they return to the $5000 pro, $6500 premium and $7500 LE (ish prices) then who cares if they have a SLE at $15,000. Someone will buy them. The same people pay $5000 for a handbag and $20,000 for a watch. They may as well cash in. They'd be silly not to.

However, if the Batman range is the template for "how it is now" moving forward, then I don't see too many new pins joining my lineup.

rd

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's also disheartening to see 80 people dictate the direction of pinball. If Stern can always find 80, well, screw the rest

While I agree with you, if you look at it from a business point of view (the way they look at it) they make the same profit on 80 SLEs as they do making probably 1000 pros.

rd

#5993 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

: The prices of lids and cups are at least $15/month - and coffee is likely another $15-20/month

Shoot! You must plow through a lot of coffee!

rd

IMG_3821 (resized).JPG

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lol - i've promised a few a games on it to some folks to stop them whinging about the price. I think that's worth buying the machine for that alone! I think Lee has one on order also

How many £££s is the LE in the UK?

rd

#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

£9995 inc vat

Ok, so the overseas markets are pretty similar for the LE pricing... all around the $12k - $13k USD range.

USA $9,999
U.K. £9,999 = $12,717 USD
EU €12,000 = $12,917 USD
NZ $17,000 = $12,125 USD

rd

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The USA price is crazy enough.
I personally wouldn't pull the trigger at those overseas prices. I'd be getting a new hobby or just go the EM route. Might do that anyhow.

System 11s are where it's at!

Unfortunately you can't buy them cheap like you used to be able to ...

Mind you, you'd still get 4 nice ones for $10k US.

rd

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from andrew2015hk:

that the crane is a frequent source of troubles --> reliability ?

Nope, never heard of that. I've had mine since (almost) new, never had an issue.

rd

#6079 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Maybe I forgot the rationale, but please someone remind me.

IMG_3861 (resized).JPG

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's officially Friday in the U.K now, this afternoon cannot come soon enough!

It's 1.26pm Friday here. Bring it on.

rd

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Supposed to be tomorrow, Ice......I'm drinking, regardless.....

It's now 4.44pm .. my Shrek shop job is all done, the cricket has just started on TV (Australia Vs NZ) and the first beer of the day has been popped.

Life is good.

rd

IMG_3901 (resized).JPG

IMG_3900 (resized).JPG

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well considering I own about 7 more Sterns than you... I would say it has a bit more value that yours

Shit! If that's the scale, my opinion must be off the charts then.

rd

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like how you roll!!!

Well, the bad news is that I have run out of Hallertau #1 Kolsch (my favorite) and now I had to move on to Hallertau #3 ... the red ale. Nice beer but more of a "1 or 2" beer rather than a "10 or 12" beer lol

rd

IMG_3903 (resized).JPG

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from windsoreight:

Well I've played it. Not sure I can say much

How did the Gorgar play?

rd

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I was thinking that cuts it in half...

Actually, it quadruples it.

rd

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was thinking more along the lines of a private party before the public unveiling.
LTG : )

Yep, only $40 a ticket. Epic!

rd

#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. I was thinking a couple hours before I open. Game on free play. Maybe some Famous Dave's ribs. All on me. A little something for customers that come in regularly. A little treat to let them know I appreciate them.
LTG : )

They should have you running the Stern parties Lloyd. That's the way to do it!!

rd

2 weeks later
#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I worry that so many were "pumped" to drop 10k on this game without even seeing it,

10k AT Xmas.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside