PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4991 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Hello Everyone,
I am one of the candidates that were selected to purchase the Batman 66 SLE, I through a video and application together on September 13th just for S&G's and boom they picked me. I got the e-mail on Oct 12th! I am new to the pinball world and I am a little disappointed with how this Batman 66 SLE promotion has been rolled out. A little back story, a month into my game purchases I got a little buyer’s remorse on an Elvira game I bought. My distributor was very supportive and got me a credit to swap it out for a new Metallica Pro I also put a deposit on a BM66 Premium. When it was unclear as to when I would receive Metallica I made the decision to go with games that I could get right away. So I applied my BM66 deposit toward a new GB pro and a ST Pro which I absolutely love BTW. So as a first time pinball’er I got (KISS,ST and GB) all at once then shortly after I get the email from Gary Stern saying that I was selected to purchase the BM66 SLE!! I was super excited and super pissed off at the same time because if I had known just 1 week prior I never would have bothered swapping out Elvira I would have waited for the SLE. What's even more irritating is I get the e-mail half way through the Pinball Expo which probably means I am one of the 50 rather than the initial 30. If they had just notified me a little sooner I would have shot up to the event and happily dropped the cash for that SLE, now I am a little hesitant only because I have a suspicion that there will probably be more than 80 SLE and I don't want to be the chump buying this when I could be buying some nice pro's down the road. BTW, it's been 9 days and to date nobody has called me to take my money so I guess I'm not that special hahaha
My e-mail from Stern:
Congratulations Leigh!
You have been selected to receive one of the Super Limited Edition Batman
’66 pinball machines celebrating 30 years of Stern Pinball and 50 years of the 1966 Batman television series!
Those of you touring our factory with the Pinball Expo group on Thursday morning will see this exciting version of Batman ’66. In collaboration with my Stern Pinball co-founder, Joe Kaminkow, and his Ka-Pow! Studio, George Gomez and Lyman Sheats created an incredible Super Limited Edition version of the game featuring:
· A one-of-a-kind art package,
· Multiple translites,
· A unique topper and accessories package, and
· A high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful
than audio systems of previous generations.
If you attend Pinball Expo please remember to attend the Meet and Greet with Adam West on Friday at 3:00 pm. You will be receiving a customized phone-answering message from Adam (Batman) as well.
Demand for this Super Limited Edition was incredible. We were overwhelmed with fantastic applications and it was difficult to decide who should get these games. In fact, in fairness we could not reject enough applications.
Due to this demand, we have increased the quantity to 80:
· 30 for the 30 years of Stern Pinball beginning with 1986, and
· 50 for the 50 years of Batman ’66 beginning with 1966.
I want to personally thank you for your support of pinball, Stern Pinball, and me personally. Seeing all the videos, pictures, letters, and personal notes touched my heart. I was able to take a walk down memory lane with each of you. I learned from my dad early in life that when you truly love something with all your heart, you can overcome all that life has to throw at you. I can’t say that making pinball machines has always been easy, but I can honestly say that I would do it all over again. I love pinball and sincerely appreciate people like you who continue to passionately support our vision.
We will be contacting you in the next few days outlining the $2,000 deposit and payment process. We will ask for the balance shortly before we produce your game in early December. We will endeavor to ship all Batman ’66 Super Limited Editions well before year-end and to our US buyers before Christmas.
I hope to one day soon shake your hand and personally thank you for all your support over the years.
Warmest Regards,
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.
2001 Lunt Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-5605 USA
[email protected]
http://www.sternpinball.com

you say you are new to the pinball world but Gary thanked you for all the support over the years,I on the other hand have bought about 30 nib stern games over the last 16 years some titles more than once starting with ap and most were le,s and I don't even get an 66 le, I am happy for you but the long time real stern customers like me really should have gotten a little more Concideration ,just me being a little jealous Enjoy the super and I hope it playes as nice as it looks.i am sure I will end up with a premium,sorry for the rant

2 weeks later
#5576 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The sole purpose of the LE or SLE purchase is to have something limited. They're making that less so at the expense of the consumer on the SLE. They're devaluing the product. It degrades my confidence in them going forward.
They're doing this with other stuff too. They had sticker packs that were exclusive only to attendees to their party. Well no, you can buy them now anyway. One of the reasons to buy that ticket was to gain access to exclusive things. To screw people over who bought into that idea after the fact is poor form.
There's a pattern of dishonesty and disingenuous behavior from Stern lately. It's just one more example with the SLE. It's not just the price, it's the underhanded business practice.
If someone wants an SLE, that's their business, I agree. But to hype it up as limited to only 30 run to generate a social media campaign and impulse sales only to more than double the production later...that's terrible. Some show of appreciation to fans and partners, Stern.
I hope that the game is fantastic and worth every penny that people pay. That would be great. But if that's how it goes, it still doesn't excuse Stern's poor form.

I believe I remember when stern told us there was going to be no twd premium,just pro and le.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.