PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#474 7 years ago

I'm STOKED to see the Stern LCD is here. Finally! The DMD is done (aside from VE's & side projects).

I will admit I'm a Stern fan boy but I keep it real. The lack of QC, code + the high prices & defective PF's = it's best to sit on the sidelines for now.

Also I don't think this the the dawn of the Pro @ Premium pricing. Example: nowhere on the flyer did it say the LE's would have the crane while Premium would not.

Cant wait to see what the LCD will do to Stern Pinball. Fuck! Sweet!

#530 7 years ago

Wtf is the Keefer situation?

Someone else posted a tweet but the pic it referenced was deleted

Now there's a FB post with 100+ posts that I still cannot decipher

#548 7 years ago

Sure is.

He's posting links to pics that are not working/deleted

Screenshot_20160831-154915 (resized).pngScreenshot_20160831-154915 (resized).png

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Who is? Not sure what your issues are on your side... but the link to twitter is fine and so is keefer's feed. If you need to go the long way, search 'keith johnson' on twitter. The struggle is real...

No dude it's not. His feed is fine. His links in his posts are not

Don't sass me lol

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They are fine...

Right now you remind me of the fat kid from Bad Santa

I click on your link & end up on a page with comments that have non working links in a web browser.

Let me just log into google play, download some app, create a profile on a browser, confirm my request via the email I'd have to wait for, then follow that hyperlink in the message to a login screen to create security questions & etc just complete the process to then finally type those new credentials back into the app for a fucking post. Never mind the fact twitter will reject my first 2 usernames because they're already taken & 3 passwords because of the # & character & cap letter combo.

All this after fishing through 150 FB posts for a twitter repost with a link that doesn't work of a screenshot from this forum

Or I can ask this forum & listen to your sass

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or... Accept the problem was on your side all along. But we call that "perspective"

I hope your next game ghosts

Others in this thread have stated they experienced same problem with keefs post

I take back the ghosting comment

#600 7 years ago

Rumor is 100% of the inserts will be solid white.

Ghosting fixed!

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The problem is your historical patterns start two years before the investors came in.
Things have changed.
LTG : )

So it was cash flow?

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's what they said, "cash flow". Investors followed.
ala Stern, sinking ship, Investors followed.

Thats so weird because I seem to recall anyone making that assumption during the years of delays was accused of "libel" commentary & threatened with legal action.

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

JJP got investors.
Stern got investors.
Politicians lie.
Lawyers win.

Ha

True that

Wonder if some folks got lied to on their ETA, lied to again on the progress & then lied to once more on the reasoning? Times two!

Exjet might be a F'n fortune teller. Someone needs to apologize to that prick lol.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I am finally going to declare JJP a full fledged manufacturer. People that have said Stern has nothing to worry about are wrong. The last 3 pages of this Stern announcement have turned into much more of a discussion about JJP.

Yeah but....

JJP = 2 games

Stern = 50 games

Quoted from Methos:

Agreed.
TH puzzles me.
Beautiful game - check
Deep rule set - check
Price point - check (similar to WOZ and LE models)j
So they got everything right, except for that people either don't think that the fun factor is high enough to justify the price tag, or they don't believe the game will hold the price. It's a shame really because JJP should be banging on the Stern doors being a serious competitor.

Maybe people aren't comfortable with JJP's past shenanigans & therefore reluctant to drop $8K

-------------------

I will say Keefer is my favorite programmer & TH's LCD is got dayum magnificent looking.

1 week later
#1486 7 years ago

People are upset they can't get the SLE?

I don't believe that... I think they're just upset they can't flip the SLE.

Also I think the SLE is a gimmick to generate buzz. Stern is in the hotseat for QC at the moment so any other press is good press.

#2087 7 years ago

It's a horrible time to buy a Stern IMO

QC issues.

High prices.

Incomplete code.

Vague product launches.

Why did they flake out?

Frolic & Ice are to blame!

#2171 7 years ago

I'm losing interest in Stern.

Anyone else?

I'm actually starting to dig into another hobby because of it.

#2236 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you know there are things to enjoy and buy that is not NIB. In fact, the older stuff and the enjoyment of restoring and making a rough game...

I do realize pinball isn't 100% NIB.

But I'm not into older games. I've been visiting CP Pinball monthly for like 7 years so I've played the shit out of almost everything ever made.

I'm not into buying, selling, fixing, cleaning or restoring either. Forget that. To me playing is fun & fixing is not playing.

This is why I buy beer instead of brew it.

Take NIB away from pinball & I'm stuck buying broken or overpriced or overmodded shit from all you weird forum people

#2253 7 years ago

The red one is my actual bike. The blue pic was pulled off Google but it arrives next week.

Many pinball similarities in the BMX/Cruiser hobby. All limited run reissues but with a neat twist... they're 24" to 29" wheeled (instead of 20") so folks can obtain their childhood grails & actually fit on em!

Too similar to pinball maybe? Folks buy em, mod em, preorder em, play em (ride them) & even polish, replate & powder coat lol. People have display rooms like we have gamerooms. Some ride them while some never allow their collection to leave the carpet. Old diehards shout "remakes suck". Holy shit.

Aaand I'm just hoping a certain model sells out next week so I wont buy it. I don't want to drop $2K in just 2 weeks but it will happen if I get that 3rd bike.

This must be what Frolic & Ice think every time Stern rolls out a new title

One nice point is I lost 2 lbs from bike riding this week. Unless it was the spicy coconut curry? Not sure, could have been either.

IMG_20160913_171334 (resized).jpgIMG_20160913_171334 (resized).jpg
13355642_1006109776163552_41866905_n (resized).jpg13355642_1006109776163552_41866905_n (resized).jpg

#2283 7 years ago

Thats because you're a <1 yr member

Unless you were someone else before?

#2744 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Boob job is right...the only thing you can safely bet on is that it will underwhelm. Remember the talk about GOT"s Dragon being interactive and it would make Smaug look like a joke, how about TWD's floating head in a barn, Gene Simmons head on the pro spitting the balls out in Kiss or that deftly designed Slimer on GB?

What about the transforming Transformer?

Or that ball holding Hulk, pot metal teseract, GOT orbit & ectogoggles with like 5 animations

#2791 7 years ago

Anyone who still has a mortgage

&

Has not fully funded their children's college education

&

Does not yet have a sufficient portfolio able to sustain their life without working (even when the market is at the highest its ever been)

Really should not buy this game sight unseen.

"Sorry I ruined your panther party"

But if you're a ball'n high roller with shit from the pages of Robb Report then carry on

#2804 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What if someone has accomplished half of these goals?........
Truth be told, this theory should apply to buying ANY pin, or luxury item, or vacation, or gamble if you want to play by the book.
Maybe the individual can make their own decision, based on their own personal criteria. I'm not rich, but have gambled far more than 2k just loaning someone money, or business deal....risk vs. reward...a personal choice....

Meh don't mind me. I'm just tired of the current pinball situation lately & prolly need a break.

#2973 7 years ago

IMO these BM66 launch/teasers = shitty

#2982 7 years ago

I feel like Gomez is saying "The LCD goes under here"

And the Bare Naked Ladies dude replies "Under where"

Then Gomez replies "I just made you say underwear"

5243adeda327a9ca4008d338f28495d4adaf6147 (resized).jpg5243adeda327a9ca4008d338f28495d4adaf6147 (resized).jpg

#2990 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are both wrong.
Bare naked ladies are a terrible band and that silverball song is atrocious.
Ryan Adams or Slash weren't available?

You're being a dick

I dont say that often. I hear it a lot tho so I'm an expert

Chill TF out man

#3038 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can I still say that Dave Mathews band is annoying and sucks? Dave doesn't post here, does he?

Dave's not here man come back later

yk6z2 (resized).jpgyk6z2 (resized).jpg

#3178 7 years ago

Maybe Stern is pulling a WWE

You know. Low run game on the first title utilizing new hardware

WWE was the first Spike

Bowel Movement 66 is the first LCD, Spike 2.0 or whatev

FWIW to me the art seems fine. Its a legit teaser too.

#3193 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys that BM is crap from what you know, take a guess,
How much will I lose on this pin if I pay $9500 today and try to sell it in a year?

Depends on how bad the ghosting & incomplete code is in 12 months lol

#3207 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is it time for Expo yet? Damn, this thread turned into a major speculation disaster.

Agreed

Right now the discussion has become an argument on whether its gay to put stuff in your butt or not.

Clarification: not YOUR butt specifically. Don't panic.

#3400 7 years ago

FB_IMG_1475546861786 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1475546861786 (resized).jpg

#3439 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quality is way down and price is way up

Thats a Hank Williams Jr song

Or something like that

Maybe its interest is up & the stock markets down

#3685 7 years ago

IMG_20161009_093326 (resized).jpgIMG_20161009_093326 (resized).jpg

#3914 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You wanna make a little wager?

Not me

The real Stern Army = BM66 owners.

The buyers will have so much financial/emotional investment in BM66 they will defend it to no end.

Trust no one (insert spooky whistle song)

#4048 7 years ago

Sqweeeeeeeeeeeee

#4253 7 years ago

This LCD BDK VE looks great. To me thats what it is.

Stern can still juggle on Deezzzzz tho

Glad to say goodbye to the DMD of course. I want to see what Stern does price & innovation wise on their next release before I write them off & pull the trigger on a game from a different manufacturer.

I suspect my collection will be up for sale. RIP DMD!

#4427 7 years ago

Stern wont bring the game to expo or leave it out long if they do

Too risky

If it starts ghosting @ expo they're toast

#4444 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ghosting will be a unique feature every pin will be unique like a snow flake.

What a coincidence. That seems to be my nickname for some reason.

Sometimes, depending on the neighborhood, people yell "snowflake" at me when I get out of my car.

Those fellas are such jokers.

#4447 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Spelling mistakes will be fixed on production models.

Tell that to the early GB pro owners

#4623 7 years ago

In the past I invested in coke

Now I have to put neosporin covered q-tips in my nose when the air is too dry.

#4705 7 years ago

BM66 theme kinda sucks nuts IMO

Feels like most buyers only think its cool because they're either old AF and/or the game is limited with a high price.

Its sorta a low run rehash game. Maybe Stern knows almost no one gives a shit about BM66 outside of this forum so its been made out to be some penis enhancing low run super expensive braggart game?

Suckers

Then again I'm bipolar on this title. One minute I think its aight, the next minute I feel stupid for even looking at it.

I feel better now, whew.

#4708 7 years ago

Dogh. I forgot to put "with all due respect" in front of my post

Answer me this tho Rob. If it's such a great theme why such a low run? Great themes & great games sell right? Stern likes money right? They're not in it for us.

Stern said from the get go they weren't making many of even the premiums.

Fake demand for a low demand game.

High prices to make it seem like an affluent artifact for only the most elite pinball collector.

High prices to offset the cost of a low number of units being sold.

I dont think the Kapow partnership is why its expensive either. I think whatever extra price was paid for their shit was washed out by the cash savings of rehashing a game & using pre-made animations from another project.

Either I'm paranoid or I'm the only fucker here with a brain lol

#4712 7 years ago

Age...

I was a young man my whole life. When did that change? Lol dont answer!

I hear ya Rob. I just think BM66 is some top secret CIA & Stern partnership. There's prolly an image on the LCD that "activates" a certain cell of buyers.

BM66 SLE owners are the got dayum Jason Bournes of pinside

#4714 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I ain't no SLE buyer, I can tell you that!

It looks cool.

I really want something NIB

I've been living in pinball purgatory for years.

First code was the issue. Then it was avoiding the purchase of the last DMD + QC issues. Now its a suck ass theme, high prices & a "whats after Aerosmith" holding me back.

Paralysis by analysis

"Money cash hoes, money cash hoes whuut"

#4740 7 years ago

I expected more thumbs down for my honest post.

First I expected 30 thumbs down...

Then 50...

Then 80

Lol

Hurry up & send money now. That Costco Batman rehash has an LCD on it, some new cut/paste art & voice over work by a 90 yr old man.

I'm just trolling now. The game is OK. You guys buying the game are fine. I'm just not feeling $10K- $15K VE's & as a result I'm doing some weird passive aggressive venting on a forum like a dork.

#4757 7 years ago

Gomez was passionate about Bowel Movement 66?

Yeah that guy was passionate about Transformers & Avengers too.

Gary's favorite game is whatever is on the production line & I suspect the same is said by Gomez now days.

Pretty sure Steve Ritchie said Game of Thrones was his favorite rock band of all time too (JK).

Damn I'm doing it again. Trolling. Sorry guys. I'm just all sour grapes over this Dialed in & BM66 kick in the scroty.

#4776 7 years ago

For the record guys I love my Stern games

I mean LOVE em.

I'm just salty about this release.

Anyone have good video of this game? Like attract mode or etc? I promise to stop bitching for a few days at least.

1 week later
#5165 7 years ago

I agree w/Odin

Money only matters to people who need it.

Back OT tho.... Stern's BM66 price point is total dog shit

#5170 7 years ago

The Cabernet vs Tacoma shit is gold I tell ya

I'm talking Spandau Ballet Gold

FYI wine is something I drink but far understand so I'd have replied with something similar (Honda Element tho)

#5247 7 years ago

BM66 isnt even out yet & the game has run it course.

That's why this thread is now about pizza, politics, philosophy & Stern's 2017 lineup.

#5253 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

5,250 posts about a pin that hasn't even been release yet. That's called HYPE and you are still posting in the thread!

I'm not here out of excitement for the game. I'm here as a spectator for the impending shit show.

Stern, or clearly its just us pinballers, are good at hype followed by... well you know.

#5260 7 years ago

I think the real fun begins when BM66 buyers go to sell

IMO there's only a small group of people silly enough to buy a used BM66... Unfortunately those are the same people who bought a BM66 NIB lol

#5352 7 years ago

Are those cats at the ramp just flat sheets of plastic?

Reminds me of that shitty plane on the Avengers pinball lol.

The more I think about it the SLE & LE models are fine. Some folks dont feel good unless they pay double. Might as well let Stern be the flipper. Fair enough.

But the lowest priced option being what I think is $8K is where things are annoying. Especially since there seems to be zero custom toys. All I see is off the shelf amazon crap + some printed sheets of plexi & a leftover crane from TDK.

#5353 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

At least with all the excess BM66 profits Stern will be able to pay for replacement playfields for all the SMVE, GB, GOT, and KISS that have defective clearcoats.

We must be brohers. I was telling a fellow local pinballer the PF recall is why BM66 is priced so high.

This peoject is to pay for it all

Of course this is based on nothing other than my own BS tho.

#5413 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

It really depends on how you define being 'rich' and/or 'wealth' I suppose.
IMO, keeping anything over $50K or so in your basic ATM/low interest checking account (when you you can have the same immediate access to cash from many many places and instruments that give you exponentially larger returns) is silly.

$50K seems like too much cash... until you need it. Nothing more than a honda accord & a 16x18 composite deck lol.

F'n BM66SLE got us at it again. Game is so expensive the threads are about personal finance. That may be an indicator Stern overshot reasonable pricing hahaha

#5516 7 years ago

It's strange IMO to defend BM66 pricing with examples of other completely silly scenarios.

Golf clubs, license plates, luxury watches, fancy cars, crack cocaine, tulip bulbs....

How does one ridiculous price validate another ridiculous price?

When my wife says "dont eat an entire order of crab rangoon & drink 6 Blue Moons" I dont reply "Its OK some guy weighs 500 lbs in South Dakota" lol

#5534 7 years ago

Kapows "cut" is not increasing costs IMO

Whatever Stern paid Kapow is likley less than what Stern would spend on making their own animations, sounds & art.

Kapow just resold some shit to Stern they already sold once before so odds are Stern got a deal.

Disclaimer: I'm just making shit up like the rest of you.

#5564 7 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Hey now! I am 220. I see the mods are once again allowing personal attacks against South Dakotans

I'm 260

Cant imagine why

20161106_082303 (resized).jpg20161106_082303 (resized).jpg

#5596 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern could fix a lot of their problems tomorrow

But they wont

Because people keep buying

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.