PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

I like how heaps of people were blowing up that hey shouldn't make a stripped out Pro version and now just as many are blowing up about no Pro version of this game.

Key words being stripped out. Make whatever version and name them in whatever superfluous manner as they see fit.

But the differences between the versions need to be cosmetic only, not ones that radically alter gameplay itself.

Anything else is simply shortchanging the relevant market segment.

On that note the nomenclature for the current models from Stern's latest offering sound almost as ridiculous as the naming conventions being used on AussieArcade. Super Limited Edition is almost as laughable as Super Moderator.

Almost...

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I still wonder if they go cheaper on the B66 prices. They would get praise because it would subvert expectations. They would be lower than most competitors still and no one will notice till later that they have gotten rid of the pro. Current GB MSRP is pro/5995, premium, 7595, LE/8795.
My predictions are
Premium $6995
LE 8595
Super LE 9795

At the very least it will be interesting to see what happens to US market sales when the inevitable 5 figure MSRP for the LE pulls into the station.

Most other countries outside of the US have experienced this "psychological" price point on both Stern LE and Premiums for quite some time.

2 weeks later
#1899 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Just look at the pinside map and you will see far more machines being sold to private buyers than locations. I think Gary is targeting the right demographic.

If he is aiming for short term profit on a per unit basis at the expense of long term market presence, then yes.

#1905 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I really hope Homepin can start cranking games out from China at reasonable prices....

Quoted from ahdelarge:

Imagine if Stern started getting games made at the Homepin factory

I'd be content with seeing the initial title announced in mid 2013 actually enter production first, at the very least for the sake of those who prepaid.

#1958 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I have to say that the price increase is extremely disappointing. For those saying this is a special release and the next game will go back to GB pricing you are fooling yourself. It feels like stern was holding back pricing while they developed their LCD and now that it is out they are going to match JJP or go past JJP in pricing. I expect that they listed BM as a special release with big pricing so that when the next game comes out they can decrease it $500 across each model compared to BM and people will be too dumb to notice it's still a huge price jump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

#1966 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lol to the "science" part of the article:
As part of advancing science, several experiments observing the reaction of frogs to slowly heated water took place in the 19th century. In 1869, while doing experiments searching for the location of the soul, German physiologist Friedrich Goltz demonstrated that a frog that has had its brain removed will remain in slowly heated water, but an intact frog attempted to escape the water when it reached 25 °C
I was amazed to read that a brainless frog remained in the water

Yeah, the so called science behind it isn't all that reliable, but as a metaphor it is rather apropos.

Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, this is so true. I'm just glad to have realized that I was getting cooked in time.

Did the same once they surpassed 11kAU for the LE down here in Australia. Not for financial concerns, just couldn't justify the inherent value based on the product.

#2265 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Hopefully Homepin can get mass production on line and put some price pressure on them.

What is the MSRP on the Thunderbirds pinball machine and when is the delivery date of their first machine to those who preordered and paid in full back in 2013?

Quoted from SimonBaird:

Homepin can really put pressure on especially once they have their core component manufacturing completed. I would say they would be aiming for less then 5000usd maybe even as low as 4000usd. However I still think that for companies such as homepin or even spooky to really take it to stern they need to have a strong design and programming team in place. I belive homepin will be able to get the manufacturing side right, they are already shipping multiple containers of cocktail tables a month, so they know how to get product out the door. However one of the main reason stern is so popular is they have great designs in Borg,Ritchie , Treaudu plus some amazing programmers such as Lyman. Just like with the golden days of Williams/Bally, the really key is game design and rules. If these companies only try and develop games with their own in house design teams, then unless they have the next undiscovered Lawlor or Ritchie working for them, there is a good chance the games won't threaten Stern. We hear a lot of people say "making pinball is hard" maybe they should also say "designing and coding pinball is hard".

When every person that either paid in full or via deposits has their preordered machine delivered then we'll revisit this subject.

Until then it's little more than whiteboarding.

To put it into comparable perspective for you with an established longstanding pinball manufacturer such as Stern, their Chinese programmer died onsite a few months ago and their first announced and yet to be manufactured machine designer's identity has been hidden behind a bamboo curtain for the last three plus years.

3 months later
#6619 7 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pin looks cool but I call bullshit there. Crane and Vuk. And spinner the same. Left orbit to kick out same, right orbit same. Centre ramp very much the same spot. 6 stand up targets on left... same! Stand up on right same, where crane comes to rest same.
I appreciate if you put the money into this pin that you may be overlooking that it's a bdk make over but that's what it is guys.

No, no it's a..............re-imagining.

349b992b1076d4a8ec349d3672f706e1 (resized).jpg349b992b1076d4a8ec349d3672f706e1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=pinsanity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.