• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (2 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (2 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (2 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (2 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (2 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (2 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (2 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (2 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (2 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1457 3 years ago

I feel embarrassed for Stern. Ugh.

Did someone hire Kaneda to take over their marketing or something?

1 week later
#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even the king of all bathroom voyeurs, Chuck Berry, used to record his songs at a slow tempo, so they could be speed up to normal speed upon playback. This raised the pitch of his voice so he would appeal to a young audience. Remember this was in the 1950s.....

Frankly this is a more interesting discussion than hearing people try to rationalize and/or demonize a 2X uplift for being told their game is more super special.

With that said...sounds like the same key?

album:

live:

#2586 2 years ago

Wait...They are using existing art ('almost' identical if saying that keeps us from bogging down) from toy boxes for the playfield??

....huh?

I mean, I like the theme, like the art and may be in on this once code is complete and I've played it a bunch...But...Seems strange to not have completely new art on a pin that is going to test the bounds of pinballers rationalization abilities...?

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wow, that live version is tweaked

weird. So they tweak some live versions and not others? Is this one adjusted?

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Then you need your eyes checked. Look at the chin and shirt for instance between the images and how much they differ. The hat does significantly as well.
I'm done doing other people's homework.. clearly the pinside reality distortion field is the preferred reality. Go back to making fake signs.

Are you proposing that there are material differences between the two or just pointing out that they arent 100% identical?

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You can do it right from the microphone feed, live, since the 1980s.
Again, better music through technology.

was that Springsteen one adjusted to a higher octave?

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No matter how much pitch correction they use, it does not mean that CB can't sing. It does not diminish his standing as one of the greatest entertainers of all time; not one bit.

No I get it. I'm interested in live recordings being doctored frankly. do you believe that live Springsteen/CB recording was adjusted to a higher octave?

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was in better shape than that

If it was in better shape than the one linked and you consider it a beater?!

Remind me to never let you see my collection!!! Yikes!

1 week later
#3569 2 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

you know how you find out who the a-holes are....they tell you by insulting the military.

Who insulted the military?

#3959 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For $15000, or even $12000 the game should have a Bose surround sound stereo.

Quoted from robotron:

i predict there will be a sht storm when those sle buyers find out they are getting 1000 worth of art and bling for an extra 6000 and fancy plaque.

You kidding? Thats the moment when ultra fanboy mode goes into overdrive!

#4094 2 years ago

Very nice looking pin!!!

glad the SLE is just cosmetic stuff...I can pick up a PRE/LE and for $1000 get the bolt ons from a 3rd party.

Of course...No more Stern for me till KISS code is updated...Cmon stern, pent up demand here!

#4129 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If it plays well and is fun - who gives an F.
If it plays like crap -- well then.........
I don't have a BDK and this looks fantastic so far.
Haters gonna Hate - Let the whining and complaining begin
- code
- art
- rehash
- price
- flipper gap
- colors
- blah blah blah

But to be fair, fanboys are going to defend right?

#4395 2 years ago

So is this considered a VE or is stern considering it a new pin? (Being serious)

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No, I think they both are BIG winners.

Who are the winners? A $15K VE does not appear to be a 'big win' for the majority of pinheads...

Big win for stern? abso-frickin-lutely

#4552 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know why its so hard to understand this part. It's a big winner for the 80 people that got one, and SLE with 400 people on the list.
And yes its a big win for Stern too, because while somewhat sleazy, they executed it 10x better than Jack.
It's also a big win for the 240 LE's. Why? Because few are backing out and there is a line there too.
You may not agree with price, I don't either, but NONE of that matters when it sells out huge. Price matters when it doesn't sell, like JJP#3

Oh I completely understand who wins here.

Its just not the majority of pinball players.

#4787 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,well already a B66PRe for sale!!! Call for price!!Not even released yet! Be the first one on your block to come home with aB66 in a Box!! Hurry,Hurry!!Only one at this price,Hurry,Hurry!!

Thats the second one I've seen today for sale.

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

When this industry crashes, man is it gonna crash HARD!!! Milking pinheads for every dime will eventually run its course.
Until then, I'll be waiting. Cash. In. Hand.

Said everyone on RGP and Pinside a decade ago...

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

The next release is Aerosmith

eesh. Is that really 100%? Thats about as appealing as a GB focused on the recent installment...

#4970 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You guys can keep banging this drum all day long, while ignoring Gomez and Lyman and the facts, this is NOT a VE like Spiderman was or Iron Man was.
But for the crane, per Gomez, the game is totally different and plays totally different. And you can see it for your own eyes!

Dude.

TWD is totally different than Batman. Batman 66 is not totally different than Batman.

Lets keep it realz here.

#5036 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You need to keep it realz yo! I'll go with Gomez and Lyman, what does TWD have to do with anything?

TWD has nothing to do with Batman.

Now...Batman on the other hand has ALOT to do with Batman.

And therein lies the VE...Er point.

#5037 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'll admit the game looks kind of cool, I would consider one down the road.

Agree, the art on BM66 on is a major improvement over TDK. Once code is updated for KISS I'll be getting a GB and then, when they start hitting market I'll grab a HUO TDKVE.

#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No reason to be a hater yo, errr, that's a genius comment, Batman has a lot do with batman

Hater? I'll be getting one...

And yeah, I know but sometimes things need to be spelled out here!

#5042 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Even if it's wrong in this case that's a true statement!

Hey, believe it or not some here don't think the new batman pin (that uses the same playfield as the old batman pin) and the original are similar. *shrug*

Me? I love TBK but hate the art. That's why I'll be grabbing the reskinned version. (Love the new toys too!)

Win win.

#5044 2 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

You don't seem to understand the fundamental difference between a redesigned game (BM66) and a Vault Edition (e.g., IMVE).

Perhaps.

Either way I'm getting a TDKVE so my ignorance is bliss!

#5107 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

dgarret, since I occasionally will be reading and posting on here I would prefer to be accepted as a real person. I don't know who Kaneda is, I guess I can now post the YouTube link to my application video. You can compare it to the story I posted and hopeful that will convince the forum that I am a real person and will take me seriously when I post <year in..
ยป YouTube video

Welcome to the addiction.

I mean no offense by what I am about to say but...I find it interesting that Stern is saying they got HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of video applications for the pin and they chose yours...Like I said, no offense but it seems odd to me...Maybe they used the applications as a raffle type process?

#5270 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I remember when Twilight Zone came out. It represented a big price increase in the industry.

BM66 is 2X what a pro was just a short time ago. I wasn't into pins when TZ came out...Was it a 2X bump?

#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

I don't know, they look awesome to me. When you say "stripped down", what exactly do you mean? Stripped down from what? From the dark knight pin? When I look at this picture I don't see anything "stripped down"...do you?

Ehhh, I think if you took away the convoluted mash up of artwork it would be more evident how sparse the game is. Thats not a bad thing as it may have greater flow but its certainly no Roadshow...Does it even have drop targets?

#5408 2 years ago

LOL - someone with a balance of $30k in their cash account is way far from rich

It really depends on how you define being 'rich' and/or 'wealth' I suppose.

IMO, keeping anything over $50K or so in your basic ATM/low interest checking account (when you you can have the same immediate access to cash from many many places and instruments that give you exponentially larger returns) is silly.

#5421 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Ghostbusters didnt need any extra boards for its topper.

True. All fisher price toys need are 'C' batteries to operate!

#5423 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm...a bit more than that....believe the topper is truly interactive w different effects ( bat signal that can be rotated, and whatever)....hence the need for more control

Yep. Was speaking specifically to the GB topper.

#5441 2 years ago

Well, now that depends on that percentage that $50k is of your total net worth.
I can assure you that someone making a million + a year, keeps more than $50k of cash in their bank account.

In their ATM checking account? I assure you not all of them do.

#5442 2 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It has the boards for the same reason the GB topper has these two boards. The BM66 topper is just to small to fit them inside the housing.
It astounds me how much hope you guys still put into these kind of toys. Every time a new pins comes out pinsiders dream up the most ridiculous theories of what certain toys might do, just to be completely disappointed when reality catches up with them. Every single time!

Agreed...If these toppers were priced at cost plus a nice margin (say...$125) the endless speculations about what they 'can do' would be silly.

#5453 2 years ago

Yes, they absolutely do
50k is nothing to have in cash if you are making a lot of money

They 'all' dont but I'm sure some do. Making money is the easy part. Keeping it is the hard part.

Just like they don't 'all' line up to buy an an overpriced pin even if they like the theme.

You're welcome to your opinion on the subject though. As you note, lets move on!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfactory2000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside