PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 7 years ago

Premium is the new PRO. LE is the new Premium. Super LE is the new LE. They just renamed each tier so they can secretly bump up their prices! LOL! It will be lucky to have as many toys as MET...mark my words (LCDs don't count, unless the bottom one is the bat-computer).

#556 7 years ago

I find it strange they even announced the Super LEs. Nobody can buy one apparently. Invitation by Gary only? So what's the point in putting it on the flyer other than saying "neener, neener, look what you can't buy"? It's all very weird.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it was best for them to lay their cards on the table reguarding the Super LE.
Otherwise if they hadn't mentioned it then some regular LE buyers would have found out about it later, then raised a fuss and threatened to never buy another game from them. We can't have that now can we?

Yeah, I guess that's true...I think it may depend on what the actual differences are for whether or not the typical LE buyers get their panties in a bunch or not.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just wait till that coffee can is not only back, but opens to show you the joker on a 2" LCD screen!
But that might be a step up to Whoa Nelly's .25" LCD screen.

I literally LOLed. That would be awesome. I'd strangely respect Stern in a weird way if they actually did that!

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can you imagine the first time you see that after dropping 10K...and then hear the jokers laugh...shit that does sound halarious actually.

That coffee can was atrocious...still can't believe they actually made that "toy". But to have the balls to throw that on another game would be absolutely genius. An LCD playing a 5 second clip of the joker behind it would just be icing and really pretty damn hilarious.

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sweet baby Jesus it WASN'T EVEN THE WORST TOY....the frikkin teeter totter....WTF?!? Funny part is I do kind of like the game.

I like the game too. It has two of the worst toys of all time (3 if you count path of the dead part two), but it also has one of the best toys of all time: the crane! Still unsure how it fits into TDK theme-wise, but nobody cares because it's awesome!

#805 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Fill'er up! more batgirl on playfield too please!

I smell a Batman 66 VE re-skinned as B:TAS. I'd be all over that one.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I just noticed there's a poll at the top for hottest catwoman. Sorry but I can't participate in such poll without Julie Newmar as a choice. And what about Michelle Pfeiffer?

Anne Hathaway should be a choice too.

#1261 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Batman doesn't use conventional guns.

The one in BvS does...

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

It looks like there will be a batcopter toy. From Stern:

Powdered habitrails in background?

#1320 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Doubtful. Keith Johnson disagrees, but I have done powdercoated ramps and wireforms on various machines and never had a problem. The oldest one is a Shadow where I powdercoated one stainless ramp black and the other dark blue. That was over 10 years ago and they still look perfect.

No he doesn't. Only disagrees with the ramp part. WOZ has powdered habitrails.

#1667 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Now that would have been way cool!

But would never have worked. Distributors would have been cracking boxes open to double or triple profits.

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I really hope the Alien reveal is great at Expo. It would be nice to see them steal a little thunder from Stern.

I'm waiting for that and JJPs Lawlor reveal...just hope Jack doesn't jack his prices up now after seeing Stern's new ridonkulous prices.

#2215 7 years ago

I have a feeling that this game will have an extra toy or two that Stern uses to justify their prices (and the color LCDs). $50 more in toys, thousands more in price. People will be blinded...again. Watch and see when pictures and the matrix is released. People will be tripping over themselves to buy.

#2370 7 years ago

I have no problem with the pricing. I have a problem with the "buy before you can see" situation (though I guess there is the premiums). Stern can charge whatever they want. If they sell machines at higher prices, good for them. Then they priced it right. If they don't sell we'll see prices drop in the next title. They're doing what any business smartly does. Raise prices until demand falters, then correct the price back down. Sadly, I think I'm priced out of their NIB offerings on principle alone, but please all you crazy rich guys...keep buying. I'd like to buy your used games in the future at a serious discount. Anyone got a fire sale on their Walking Dead premium/LE they want to sell me to fund a Batman66??

#2409 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People have deposits paid, some paid in full for 3(?) years now and have seen basically nothing of the Alien machine by Heighway. And none of you guys are bitching about that in the Alien thread?!?
BM66 will be here a month after announcing.
Man, kudos to Aurich. He really knows how to wrangle his sheep.

Most of alien is known, including art and many of the toys.

#2419 7 years ago

Just because I'm personally priced out on principle (my principle) doesn't mean I have a problem with it. I'm out, but if enough are still in then it's the right move for Stern. So be it. I'll buy second-hand.

#2431 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking BM66 is gonna be like this.

Way to curtail your expectations.

#2433 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

All that photoshop goodness.

The point is that you know what you're putting a deposit on. Not the case here yet.

#2523 7 years ago

If it looks great, it looks great. Who cares if it is an existing asset? Let's wait to see the whole thing and then tear it a new one...or praise it.

1 week later
#2957 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

How about we wait and see the actual full playfield before we crucify it?

Crucify? People just pointing out it has 6 stand ups on the left just like BDK.

#2960 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

In a negative context.....

Well, to be fair...6 targets in a row on the left IS pretty uninspired and a direct copy of BDK when it was said only the right side was mostly copied. Now it seems the lower half of the left is too. *shrug*

#3127 7 years ago

The price increase is in part due to Stern having a partner to pay. The partner demands $x per game...Stern just adds that to the price because they aren't going to cut their profit. That explains the LE and Premiums at least. The SLE is a straight up sucker cash grab.

#3129 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It would just be nice to see them "change things up" by actually *lowering* prices for a change.

JJP should come out and charge $7500 for Pat's LE, $7000 for a standard and watch their sales explode.

1 week later
#3730 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I just don't understand the anti-SLE hype.
It you don't like it, don't buy it.
Simple.
But for some...it means BITCH on Pinside constantly.

I don't understand the shrugging it off. They announced a special version of the game limited to only 30 units with a gaudy outlandish price of $15k! Apparently, at least 80 people sent in a video clambering and begging for the right to throw their money at this game. Stern's eyes light up with $$$$ like you see in cartoons and all of a sudden there are 80 SLEs?? I bet Gary turned to George and said "we REALLY underestimated the number of suckers in this hobby, bwaaaahahahahaha! Let's triple the number to 90!". Then George said, "no Gary, we don't want to look greedy. Let's only go to 80." Is this really true?? There can't be 80 of these now, right? What a dick move. Are people just going to shrug their shoulders and pay up? That is crazy! This is a crazy hobby.

#3731 7 years ago

To be clear: the game, concept, and price are cool. If people buy, so be it. Changing the terms of the deal is what is really, REALLY weak.

#4245 7 years ago

Looks really great. They basically removed the crap from the BDK layout and added some awesome in its place. Second ramp will help immensely and loss of the POTD2 and coffee can is a huge plus. Still, for the prices I was expecting to get my dick knocked in the dirt!! This is basically a regular Stern pro/premium/LE release with inflated pricing and an LCD. Seriously, slap an LCD into MET, TWD, or ST and you have similar value. Looks awesome, but crazily overpriced.

#4611 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok let me get this right, Stern does not have a playable BM66 at the biggest show of the year?

Correct.

#4668 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was under the impression that the bat signal that wasn't included with the LE is the little yellow plastic one in the back right corner of the playfield.

That's what I thought too...likely the projector too. About $5 total.

#4853 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

Really?? Less than 4K? No way...

Of course lower. They were selling pros to end users at low to mid $4ks recently.

#4862 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Street price $6600

I'm not sure it was that much even (I was thinking low $6ks), but can't find it in my e-mail. TF sucking caused me to pull out of that one if I remember correctly...

#4958 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since Stern hasn't put out an official feature matrix for Batman 66 yet so lets document what we know so far. Here are what I think the model differences for Batman 66 are based on the Expo videos and talking with George and others at Expo. If I missed anything or got anything wrong please chime in:
All 3 models, SLE, LE, and Premium have exact same game play features and code. There are a few add on toys between the modes but they all have the same base playfield. No mention on if the SLE or LE playfields will be signed or not by the designer like they did with previous LE's
The first 500 games made will include an Adam West signed batman trading card on right side of apron. The cards that were shown were reprints of the original 1966 Topps "black bat", "red bat" and "blue bat" cards. Topps reissued these a few years ago. They are identical reprints front and back of the original 143 cards from 1966. You can buy these fairly inexpensively so I'm sure Stern is using these new reprints instead of original cards from 1966. They feature hand painted art by Norm Saunders (did iconic attack from mars cards as well). Since Stern had 500 signed by Adam West and there were only 143 card designs, some machines will have the same card. I hope Stern sorted the cards to only feature batman on the Adam West signed cards. It might look out of place to have a drawing of riddler, penguin, robin, etc with an Adam West signature.
The apron has screw holes to hold the card in a portrait or a landscape orientation. After the 500 signed cards are used then unsigned cards will be put on the machines. So if they build SLE (80 machines) and LE (240 machines) first then they should all get a card and the first 180 premiums built next should get a signed card as well. Since you can rotate the card holder portrait or landscape you could put your own favorite card in there or trade with someone else.
So what are the main differences (besides cost) between Premium, LE, and SLE models:
Premium:
Habitrail on left side is chrome
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are standard matte black
Cabinet decals feature Batman and Robin
Backbox decals feature Batgirl
Plain matte black finish on speaker panel
Plaque on speaker panel is plastic and says "Batman Premium Edition"
Translite art unique to premium model with batmobile in lower right, says "holy pinball wizard"
LE:
Habitrail on left side is metallic red powdercoat
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are a glossy powder coated black with silver flake
Cabinet decals feature the four main villains
Backbox decals feature an angry Batman and Robin
Plain matte black finish on speaker panel
Plaque on speaker panel is plastic, will be 1 of the 120 episodes or 1 of 120 different bat gadgets
Batman and Robin riding in Batmobile topper with rotating red beacon light
Translite art unique to LE has Batgirl featured in lower right and also says "holy pinball wizard"
LE:
Habitrail on left side is metallic blue powdercoat
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are a glossy powder coated black with silver flake and red pinstripe accents
Cabinet decals are a metallic embossed foil and features the Batmobile
Backbox decals are a metallic embossed foil and feature Batman and Robin
Glossy black silver flake powercoat similar to rails on the speaker panel
Speaker panel has red backlit speaker grills and red backlit bat logo
Speakers are upgraded Jensen 2 way (upgraded sub woofer as well?)
Plaque on speaker panel is metal has Stern 30'th logo, Batman logo, and says 1986 for Sterns anniversary year
Batman and Robin riding in Batmobile topper with rotating red beacon light
Bat signal projector mounted on back of topper projects batsignal, position and size of projected image is adjustable
Hot Wheels Batmobile towing the Batboat mounted above shooter lane
Hot Wheels Batcycle mount on top of bumper cap
Hot Wheels Batcopter mounted above left habitrail
Batsignal search light mounted on upper right plastic, is lit and flashes during gameplay
Inner side blade art features Gotham skyline with "pow", "bam", etc printed on it
Red edge glow plastics on slings and lower ball guides
SLE translite has unique design and says "holy super limited edition"
4 translites included, the 3 designs already shown and a 4'th that has not been shown yet
Some of the items will be available for individual purchase:
Inner side blades that were on SLE
Batsignal projector
Red edge glow plastics on slings and lower ball guides
A new topper not shown yet that features Gotham skyline

I'm pretty sure there are 30 different year plaques for the SLE...1986, 1987, etc.

#4976 7 years ago

$5000 for a couple of hot wheels toys, $5 batsignal projector, 2 extra translights, pin striping, foil embossed cab decals, upgraded speakers, and a headphone jack? Oh, and "exclusivity". LOL.

Personally, I'd rather have another entire machine like a MET pro.

It's amazing to me that people are going for that model...but hey, if they're happy that's cool. I'd be making SLE's for EVERY release to sell to these people if I was Stern.

#4977 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Do most Stern Premiums include a shaker or did they remove it from this one just for kicks?

They have to differentiate the LE vs Premium somehow! LOL!

#5033 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be great if it did, but looks like the new wider Magnet style like on TWD/SMVE. The other thing that looks interesting is the scoop on the right - it looks different to an ordinary scoop - its longer. Does anyone know if this was on BDK? If so how did it work?

Yes, it's identical to BDK...can drop in the front or back.

#5062 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Hi All,
I am excited about this pinball. I am also torn about if I keep or sell the SLE. If this is truly an event- The celebrating Stern's 30th anniversary then I am cool with the prices. If things go back to prior pricing with the three levels, pro, premium and LE. (Of course there will always be some sort of increase.) Then I am on board. If these high prices are the new paradigm them I will be afraid for the future of pinball. Well, new pinball. We are restoring and selling more classic pinballs than ever before. We are also selling record amounts of new pinballs as well. I guess that means the people want pinball. You just have to wonder what the price threshold is where people decide it is too much. I thought I knew where that point was. Since we announced we were getting a SLE we have been getting stupid high offers. I do know that we are at the threshold for vendors. If the pro prices rise too much more then pinball will disappear from the street. That has to effect the "next generation' pinheads.
take care- Jerry

I thought people weren't allowed to sell the SLE for two years after receiving?

#5099 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Nice collection! Wouldn't you rather have a BMLE and Metallica Pro than a BMSLE?
I don't get why people would rather have $5,000 extra worth of NOTHING, when they could get another entire NIB pin for that amount?

People are very rich...$5k is a drop in the bucket for some. Why not if you're that loaded I guess?

Buyers of the SLE would scoff at the notion of owning a PRO. METLE or nothing bit$&es!

#5198 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So where does it stop?

$7500 for a JJP LE. $5k for a Stern Pro. $6500 for a Stern Premium, but it has to be fantastic.

#5203 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Unfortunately, two of those three are already over your limit, and it is reported that the other, the next Stern pro, will be around $5200 or higher.

It's over my sensible limit...not financial limit. I'm buying used at this point.

#5240 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The LE is approximately $9,600 street price. How can this not have 100% RGB color changing inserts? Insane to me. My Game of Thrones LE looks like a bargain.

That's exactly their plan. Remember when GOTLE pricing was outlandish??

Now you think it's a bargain!

#5338 7 years ago

It's pretty effing crazy how little was added to the SLE over both Premium and LE for $5-$7k more. Downright insulting actually...but they sell!!!
Like I've said before: I'd be selling SLEs to suckers for EVERY new title. Make 25 or 50 of them and add a happy meal toy or two, different art, and some powdercoat to differentiate them. Boom, insta-profit of an extra $5k per machine!!!

#5342 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Nothing would change. The same people will buy them and the same people will bitch about them.

Exactly. Money in Stern's pocket!! Why NOT do it?

#5343 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Why insulting? Look how much people will pay for AC/DC BIB and the only difference from a premium that is not cosmetic is a real back glass.
There are buyers that are happy to pay a hefty premium for rarity and Stern is happy to supply them, win-win.
No one is forced to buy anything.

Adding maybe $100 (generous estimate) in off the shelf toys, better trim, a couple extra translight, and changing the art (subjectively better/worse) is basically the difference. Charging $5000 extra over the LE for that isn't insulting to a buyer? Ok, we'll agree to disagree.

#5390 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is it just the topper and the side rails and the different art package?

Pretty much...and it's limited! LOL!

#5540 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I suspect that people who buy the LEs for the extra $$ sort of subsidize keeping a Pro model available and at recent costs.

No.

1 week later
#5693 7 years ago

No Batman, GOT or KISS? Wtf?

Why bring your turds when you've got MET, TWD, GB, and SMVE?

3 weeks later
#6113 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This seems like a lot of work for each LE. Far different than an engraved plaque. These really are "1 of 1" LEs.

It's still just a plaque...LOL.

#6145 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and your opinion doubles in value cause you live in NZ!

I was thinking that cuts it in half...

#6263 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

All models of the Batman 66 will drop in price shortly after their release. Stern is currently pushing the limits of pricing elasticity within pinball in an attempt to understand how to maximize profit going forward. I give them credit, they have finally grew a brain. We are all just suckers in a one manufacturer hobby. JJP blew it with "Dialed in my Grandmother", this could have been the year they took profit from Stern. Star Wars will have all you pinball pussies buying NIB hand over fist.

Why? The new movie was mediocre and the last THREE SW pinballs suck. Nobody is lining up to buy those games. This is a hobby of fools though, so you're probably right.

#6340 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

CGC's support was simply amazing!

I know you're trying to be funny, but in my case the support was/is fantastic.

1 week later
#6645 7 years ago

Not sure what to make of this. BM66 Pre purchases will be delivered before year's end? Seems unlikely.

They're still making GOT and WWE???

1 week later
#6983 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I've had mine for about 24 hours and absolutely love it, despite code being version .59. There are a lot of people who never liked it from the concept to the release of game play videos for various reasons. I understand why they don't get it, because I grew up watching the television show and it's one of the best of it's era in my estimation, so I'm hooked for nostalgia purposes. I love the theme a lot and appreciate the music, videos, and cheesiness of the show. I also like the long distance shots (kind of like AFM), some people don't and consider the game barren. Those issues combined with the price leads me to believe this game probably won't be a huge seller and is probably destined to become a bit of a cult classic. That's fine with me because it's a keeper in my estimation.

Count me in on the lame theme boat...it's a theme for my Dad, not me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.