PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pauloz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4415 7 years ago

LE looks pretty cool. Might have to get one.

#4445 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So I think the consensus is it looks really cool, Stern can't spell and it costs a lot. Anyone have a chance to play it yet? Looks very similar to the BDK layout, does it play different?

Spelling mistakes will be fixed on production models.

#4610 7 years ago

Is this thread about Batman.....I should get one.

#4702 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Same here - AUD$14.5k for the LE. Definitely no profiteering left here.
You guys are just approaching the psychological $10k price point. I'm guessing sales will hold up ok to that point. We've well and truly jumped it. Now it's all stupid money - $12k, $14k it's all ridiculous and I as I type it, I can't believe I'm even considering buying one.

We pay $17k for the LE in NZ.

#4704 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

$17,000 Damn are there one or two in the whole country? Ouch.

I got the last one so there will be 3.

#4736 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Haha a winner? You guys spent WAY to much on a pile of crap!

That's not your problem how some of us want the spend our money. If you don't want to that's fine but no need to let us know you don't want to coz we don't care.

#4845 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Or just skip to Jessica Alba as "Sue Storm" in the 2005 FF (or pretty much any role she has played) and we have our winner!

Sorry I could only give you 1 thumbs up.

#4902 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That movie Dazed and Confused pretty much nailed what our high school years were like. The parking lot was like a car show, and my buddy had a van that we would frequent throughout the days we actually stuck around.

Spent most of my school days not sticking around.

#4905 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my vid
» YouTube video

It's blocked in NZ. They don't want us to see it.

#4907 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

dohh... probably due to the audio. arrggg...

Won't even tell me I can't see it now. Something about SME copyright and not allowing the content to be seen in our country.

#4942 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sooooooo, when are we seeing more info on this thing......? Game play, spec sheet etc? Would be helpful that everyone who has a deposit down actually knows what they're getting.

The waiting continues.

#5005 7 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

All I can say is WOW. Seems everyone has forgotten about GBLE problems, and are ready to drop crazy money on a new title.

I don't think GB problems were anywhere near as bad as some people made out.

A friend of mine has an LE and he said it's not worth worrying about.

#5121 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The only thing that most people who are very rich have in common is being very lucky.

There are exceptions but most rich people do not get rich by being 'lucky', unless you consider hard work and perseverance as being lucky.

#5262 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I've met some of them that buy a bunch of machines very quickly, and a year later sell them all.
rd

Do people sell some of them? I knew there must be a reason I have run out of room.

#5340 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's pretty effing crazy how little was added to the SLE over both Premium and LE for $5-$7k more. Downright insulting actually...but they sell!!!
Like I've said before: I'd be selling SLEs to suckers for EVERY new title. Make 25 or 50 of them and add a happy meal toy or two, different art, and some powdercoat to differentiate them. Boom, insta-profit of an extra $5k per machine!!!

Nothing would change. The same people will buy them and the same people will bitch about them.

#5455 7 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way, but I am thinking of bowing out of my Batman SLE. It's not the $15K that bothers me so much. It really is the extra $1500 I have to pay for state taxes here in Illinois. I would definitely keep this game for years, but if I ever decided to sell it, I would have a $1500 handicap against the entire market. Nobody else is going to pay that. I have to decide by tomorrow when my deposit is due. Any input would be appreciated.

You will regret it if you pull out, I know I would.

#5492 7 years ago

I didn't want to bother with an SLE and the moment I saw it, I regretted not applying. Will just have to make do with an LE.

#5508 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG, the levels some of you guys will go to to justify these prices...lets just go to $20k Pros, eh? It's only money...no bigs.

Why should it worry you how much we are willing to pay for a particular pinball machine? I get you might not want to spend that much but if I do, I certainly don't need to justify it to anyone other than my self. (and perhaps my wife)

#5539 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Because when people keep shelling out stupid money for new pins, it just encourages Stern to do it even more. I don't want to spend $8k for a new game that was going for $4k 8 years ago, common sense tells me that's just dumb. It doesn't matter though, people just line up more and more to pay ridiculous money, so they just keep jacking the prices as a result while a lot of us stay on the sidelines. Like for BM66, I understand that it's a grail theme for some, more power to them. I don't understand spending money on the SLE though, it offers almost nothing for the extra money. It will be exactly the same amount of fun as the other versions. When you go for something like that, you're no longer doing it for the actual game in my opinion.

None of what you have said is any reason why I should justify to you how I spend MY money.

#5624 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I'll miss dots, to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of video clips, but at least we don't have to see video clips ran on a dot matrix ever again. That was the height of terrible "art" in pinball.

Do you ever have anything good to say?

1 week later
#5722 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know a guy that has two Super LEs coming and he doesn't beg or apply or kiss anybody's ass. He's just rich.

That will do it.

#5727 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nothing stays for a couple years. He's had over 10 TronLEs. They come and go like the wind. Maybe the other one is for a friend.

Perhaps he has 2 houses and wants one at each.

#5745 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I came to the same conclusion, but my rationale was a bit different. I figured I could buy an SLE and get divorced, or not buy it and stay happily married. I chose the latter.

Same here.

#5824 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think all the negativity focused around the price, mainly. Game does exist, and Stern not a startup, so it's being made, with some heavy hitters driving.
I feel fine, but thanks for all your concern for " us" ( guess this means you're not getting one)?

Agreed. I am in on an LE and have no doubt that this will be a great game. They will get this one right.

#5857 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Evidently they had 400 applications so there was more demand than you may think ....
Seems to be lots of people with deep pockets in this hobby.
Wait till all the Star Wars SLE versions come out (that's my guess ... but they'd be silly not to cash in, seeing the demand for BM66SLE)
rd

Wish I had gone with the SLE now but will be happy with the LE. If they do this again with Star Wars( which I totally expect they will) I will be in on an SLE.

1 week later
#6042 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Would it be too much to ask to just see a gameplay video already?

I'm really not that bothered. I have an LE on order and I'm not worried that we haven't seen any gameplay.

#6048 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sterns favorite customer: Will throw $10k at a purchase on faith. They don't have to do anything to earn that sale.

I know enough to make me feel confident it will be a great game and it is MY money, I can do what I like with it.

#6077 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope, never heard of that. I've had mine since (almost) new, never had an issue.
rd

And I can confirm that there was never a problem with it from new till you got it.

#6082 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anybody know when video is coming dying to see this bad boy in action

No need to ask. I'm sure there will be a 1000 posts here when it happens.

#6248 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It won't drop much for the same reason Xmen and other modern, but crappy sterns still demand way too much money. The games were bought almost solely by private buyers who won't lower their prices because they think they should at least get their money back out of the game or games should only appreciate. The prices only drop when some of those buyers MUST sell.. and reality sets in.. when no one wants to pay full price.
The supply will be so limited here that demand will probably always outstrip any 1-5 buyers getting desperate.
There is no volume.. so supply will always be tight... and the buyers will largely be buyers willing to hold out until the next sucker is ready to step up. Even if the game gets a WWE reputation.. the buyers will largely stay because of the role/story of the game.

That's not correct at all. The seller can ask what they like and if no one is willing to pay what they want it will not sell and they either keep it or drop the price.

It's only worth what they ask for it if someone is willing to pay it.

The buyer is the one who determines what a game is worth (to them at least).

#6250 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

IMO, the only reason people want the $15K BM66LE right now is because they always buy the top-of-the-line Stern upon first release, no matter the theme. They just want the latest and greatest.. in a couple years, I don't think there will be big demand for a $15K price tag. That's crazy.
Anyone think people would be buying a Walking Dead SLE right now for $15,000 because it had a cool topper, side artwork, and some bling powdercoat? Really? REALLY? I don't think so. Seriously sit and think about that.. if TWD had an SLE that was $15K in 2014... and all it had was a limited 80 pin run.. and some extra bling that could be purchased on any pinball mod site for a few hundred bones to put on a $6500 Premium... would YOU pay that $15K or more still, right now in almost the year 2017. No.. FUCK no.
It's current market value of $15K is only driven by hype and the fact it's new. Like a car dealership that marks up an MSRP +$25K for "market demand" and cheap ass aftermarket parts. So impatient fools with too much money pay over sticker to be the first one on the block. Same thing will happen to these SLE's.

Regardless of what you think, they would have had very little trouble finding 80 people to part with $15k for a Walking Dead SLE, just as they had little trouble finding them with this one and I fully expect they will not have any trouble finding another 80 people for the next one.

#6253 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You are assuming the sellers are eager or must sell so they will go down. If you read the whole post... you will see where I said scarcity will outpace the few desperate sellers.... thus keeping demand higher than supply. Even if this game is a complete toad... there will be some willing to have that moment in history.. and pay for it. The supply here is too tight to be a buyers market. The sellers wil just hold out

The point is, if someone is willing to pay the asking price then that is the price. Business 101.

#6254 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That's not my point. That's good for Stern, you are right - but im talking specifically about resale value down the line. I'm responding to those that think the SLE will hold its $15K value or even appreciate.

Do you really think that someone dropping $15k on the SLE is remotely interested in the resale price down the line. I very much doubt it.

#6256 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

off course they are. this is pinball. 90 percent think they are not gonna lose a dime on this and the value of the game will even go up. if prices of huo pins collapses say good bye to these type of pins. trust me if you paid 15000 and price collapsed down to 10000 after a year nobody would buy it.

I don't know a about you (until just now) but I don't think about resale value at all. When I buy one, I don't plan on moving it on. Doesn't always work out but that's the intention at the outset.

#6265 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Wow, where'd we find this genius? Stunning insights.
Thanks for ignoring everything about this product, the buyers, and the sellers and making it as generically inapplicable as possible.

Well I had to simplify it for you so you would understand.

#6332 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

While that's true for location play, collectors very much care about code. I held off buying an AC/DC Premium until code matured. I know lots of people that passed on Metallica initially but came back when code improved. Mustang went from fairly lame to excellent via code updates. It's very important to most Pinsiders and collectors.

Problem with that approach is you mostly miss out on the LE,s

If I really like a theme, I'm happy to get the LE when I can and code can come later.

#6337 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Metallica LE. Didn't buy it until after the legit code dropped. It's not that hard, it just requires something few have here, called patience.

Not so hard for you guys in the USA, damn near impossible here. Usually only 2 LE's end up here.

#6377 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True. But if stern Gets the right to raise their prices beyond belief, then we deserve the right to critique it; whether it's for the good or the bad. They've put their own microscope on themselves with these price increases and playfield issues. So for the most part, the criticisms on this title have been spot on.

True. But the incessant whining has been going on wayyy before Stern put the prices up. Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

#6424 7 years ago

The price in NZ was $25k for the SLE, $17k for the LE and $13.6k for the premium.

3 weeks later
#7070 7 years ago

This is killing me, ally guys getting your games an not getting/getting the topper. I still don't know when mine is coming.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pauloz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=pauloz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.