• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (3 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (3 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (3 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, there aren't. There's JJP who puts out a half-finished game every 4 years, and there's a bunch of other companies who don't have experienced software guys.
The only company that can consistiently put out good games, with the ability to produce the quality software today's players demand, is Stern.

LOL! What consistently good games from Stern are you talking about? The ones with playfield issues and / or incomplete code? Quality software...sadly not every game, not even a majority. Does quality software mean waiting 6+ months for a code update that may never come?

You love to bash JJP but the truth is they are making the most feature packed pins today with the deepest and most unique software offering. Quality over quantity.

Stern is falling behind and needs to step it up in both QA, value, and releasing code updates in a reasonable amount of time.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry, none of the amateurs know how to make code like the Stern guys. Not even close.

Keith Johnson is the Yoda of pinball programming. There are other guys that are good, some are Jedi's at the craft but he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there.

Its also very impressive that Keith manages to crank out regular substantial code updates for TH (as he did for WOZ) that uses the most complex pinball platform to date while other companies may only put out one update every six months (if that).

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Sort of feels like Stern is just pissing on fans at this point. They have HIGHLY questionable QA going on and they want you to start putting deposits down on games going forward? Oh, and they are going to invite some people to buy a game? So they'll reach out to you when they want you to buy something, but they can't bother to talk to you like a human if you have an issue with their products?
Total joke of a company right now.

but wait theres more! How about a $500 plastic topper and $100 cabinet stickers for your new "LE".

Yeah, it's not getting ridiculous, it already is. Like you said Stern first needs to address the QA problems currently occuring with recently made playfields.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Mustang had a few dozen 50th anniversary "to the day" games.
Since they were only made a single day, they are much rarer than any LE.

Hey, I can finally see the Stern LE plaque at that distance! lol. Hmmm I can see the flyer now, "Rare Super LE plaque that is readable up to 5 feet away, a Super LE exclusive!".

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I thought it was a good game but the audio package was horrendous.

Yup, the terrible callouts by voice actors ruined the game for many. Sounds like another botched license where only the actors likeness could be used but not their audio from the films.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The Hobbit sucks, that is no secret. I wish it didn't. Such a huge miss there.
Can you imagine if Hobbit was a home run? I know I'd have one now. The theme and look of the game is outstanding, but it stops there.
JJP needs something new revealed at this point, as I don't see Hobbits flying off the shelf. There's already plenty used and even unopened LEs available at great prices.

Sucks to you, many others enjoy it Its easily one of the most unique and fun pins in my collection. Everyone who has played it at my place enjoys it.

Myself and a friend preordered a Hobbit a few years back, cancelled it and then got back in after being very impressed with just how fun it plays with newer code.

By the time Keith is done with The Hobbit it will have one of the deepest and unique rulesets in pinball.

1 week later
#1612 3 years ago

I just heard about the application announcement for the "Super LE's". Wow, just wow. No longer is the Super LE concept a one time thing as Stern is asking people what other "limited boutique games" they want to see in the future. Also, they haven't even released one picture of the game yet want people to beg to buy one. What a bunch of BS. The entire thing has a bit of a sleazy salesmen vibe to it.

Lower quality, raising prices, cutting corners, making owners wait 6+ months for code updates that may never come and now having to "apply" (beg) for a Super LE (there will be more, it's not just for the 30th anniversary based on the application). This is beyond ridiculous.

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

30 Super LE = ONE TIME offering to mark the 30 years in pinball... I don't understand the freak out. Well, actually I do, this is Pinside after all!

Stern sure isn't talking like this is a one time thing, well they do on their Facebook page but the "application" (lol) says otherwise.

"Name three titles that would be interesting for you for a Stern / Ka-Pow limited boutique game in the future?"

That statement above sure sounds like we will see Super LE's versions of some future titles. If Stern had any intention of making this a one time thing they would call it a 30th Anniversary Edition, not a Super LE.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I agree.. and I think this kind of selfish outrage seen here reflects very very poorly on the community. Makes people look like spoiled brats.
Stern does a special run of games to celebrate 30 years to party and celebrate with a circle of associates... and people are losing their mind because Stern has the audacity to make stuff and not make it available to them to buy.. even tho they probably don't want to buy the game in the first place.
They are screaming bloody murder over the very idea of Stern making stuff and not selling it to the general public. Yet, its an idea that Stern, WMS, Bally, and everyone has done for decades. Or the idea of running contests to get access to events, buying opportunities, etc... like happens every day all around. But in pinball? HOLY F*$%%& its satan himself!
And people wonder why vendors aren't on pinside? Exhibit A right here...

Personally I think more people would be accepting of Stern's 30 run of "Super LE's" if it wasn't for the following.

1. Current playfield issues are not being addressed properly (poor communication)
2. Code updates are coming out very slowly or not at all
3. Games continue to have features stripped out yet prices continue to go up
4. Stern is asking for people to apply to buy a game, basically asking them to beg to do so and doesn't even show one picture of the game.
5. Stern is not calling the game a "Stern 30th Anniversary Edition", they are leaving the door open for more "Super LE" versions for future titles (one question on their application infers that).

1 week later
#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Alright, this is getting out of hand! Stern just announced via Instagram that there is a "Founder's Edition" limited to 7 machines being built. Crazy.

Omg I can't wait! I heard that the main difference with the Founders Edition is that Stern is including an LE plaque that is actually visible from more then 1 foot away compared to those found on regular non super LE's. That alone is worth the $5k premium. Stern has done it again, I'm ready to join their army!

From Stern Batman 66 Super LE / Founders flyer

"Ultra high contrast 4K Super LE numbered plaque"

...lol

2 weeks later
#3779 3 years ago

There is one guarantee with Stern...there will be a code update released for new games that enables support for their $400- $500 add on toppers...after that enjoy waiting 6+ months for another code update.

#3845 3 years ago

One of the best posts in this thread is above, an eye opener. Very true.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Sle vs le (from pictures)
Different speakers
Speaker panel art
Inside decals
Armor trimmed a little nicer
Different art
Back glass
Seems like standard fair from premium to le. Nothing super about it.

Sounds like what a regular LE should be. Now an LE is being treated like a premium and a premium like a pro.

#4283 3 years ago

Game looks cool but its Sterns biggest cash grab yet. We now know that the Super LE was only created to introduce another model option, raise prices and increase profit margins across all models. Sad.

Batman 66 Premium = regular Stern pro
Batman 66 LE = regular Stern premium
Batman 66 SLE = regular Stern LE

There's nothing "super" at all to the SLE, a Star Trek LE looks more impressive. Invisiglass? No. External volume control? No. Ridiculous.

#4477 3 years ago

I'm surprised by just how cheezy / low quality the animation work is for a game that costs $8k-$15k. I saw a pic of the game earlier with the high score screen and honestly it looks very similar to the image below which I just made in paint in 2 minutes with a picture off Google...

Untitled (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from QuantumCarl:

I don't know, they look awesome to me. When you say "stripped down", what exactly do you mean? Stripped down from what? From the dark knight pin? When I look at this picture I don't see anything "stripped down"...do you?

I think the problem is that the Batman Super LE cost $15k, the LE $10k, the premium nearly $8k and none of the playfields look more impressive then say LOTR, Spiderman, Pirate's, etc that cost far less.

If I compare the GB LE playfield to the playfield on Batman LE and SLE I ask myself where is the $2k- $7k in extra value on Batman 66 LE / SLE? A plastic topper with a light on it? Thats all I see for $2k- $7k more over GB LE...that's crazy.

2 weeks later
#5685 3 years ago

I'm going to guess that Stern hasn't shown any gameplay video yet as the animation work for the LCD is either not done or doesn't look look that great at this point.

One of the animations shown on a Batman 66 at the Stern Expo factory tour was for the high scores screen. I found the high score background image Stern is using on Goggle and could easily paste some yellow text onto it in MS Paint and it looked the same...Hopefully the animations look better in the final game, for $8k-$15k they better!

2 weeks later
#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If they keep pulling this crap going forward, it would be nothing short of a dick move (there's nothing special or outstanding in these games aside from the price itself).
If this was my dream theme, I would be absolutely furious. You finally get the game you want and Stern decided to jack the price up thousands of dollars over the norm to "celebrate" 30 years in business. Some celebration. Some "special treat" for the fans.

You hit the nail on the head. If Stern only intended to make Batman Super LE due to their 30th anniversary they would have called it a "30th Anniversary Edition" and limited it to 30 games. Instead they increased the SLE count after announcing their would only be 30, implied in their application that more SLE's would be coming (after they said this would be a one time thing...), and eliminated a model of the game (the pro) just to increase prices yet again (the premium Batman 66 is a pro).

#5953 3 years ago

Flyers posted

15235739_10154747935194244_6029093304820886436_o (resized).jpg
15252605_10154747935289244_5824822279443433063_o (resized).jpg
15235559_10154747935339244_4276507369819045591_o (resized).jpg
15195911_10154747935439244_2345947380438302871_o (resized).jpg
15259300_10154747935474244_2392892262505443611_o (resized).jpg
15196027_10154747935589244_1236868062637145705_o (resized).jpg

#5977 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It's amazing to me how much nicer the SLE looks as compared to the other two.
I guess you get what you pay for?

For $15k, $5k over the LE, I would hope that the SLE looks the best, lol.

The speaker panel on the SLE looks awesome. I would think that LE owners can pull off the same affect by powder coating their speaker panel and adding the speaker grills.

2 weeks later
#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not fair to put Stern in the same category with PPS and JJP... Stern may be late by a month or two but the other two are usually off by a year or two... if you're lucky!

Putting out a game quicker then your competition doesn't mean much when there's quality issues and a lack of substantial code updates (more then bug fixes and minor tweaks).

Really its not fair to put JJP in the same category as Stern or PPS when they are the only pinball company that is putting out substantial code updates on a near monthy basis.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside