PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mojosan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 7 years ago

I ordered an LE.

I think it's a smart move by Stern. The Venn diagram of "Batman 66 enthusiasts who have $$$" and "Guys who collect pinball machines" has enough overlap to enthusiastically absorb a few hundred machines.

Pinball and 1966 Batman are like my 2 main hobbies/pastimes/interests.

#83 7 years ago

It is. I was early in the process of re-theming a Haunted House into a 66 Batman.

#253 7 years ago

I'd like to see slightly larger than current DMD.

With a lot of basic colors, and the "BAM!" graphics this is the perfect theme for it. A good stepping stone pin before an all new one.

#361 7 years ago

Man, I drifted away from Pinside for a few months, coming back I'm really surprised at the endless insults, ridicule and general obnoxiousness going on.

Damn.

#501 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

a) are willing to throw more money than sense at things... because they can
or
b) those who believe they MUST have the most elusive stuff and are miff'd they don't have access to get it
or
c) those who think they are special and are miff'd they didn't get invited

Or d) Really appreciate the theme, have had good overall experiences with the manufacturer and their distributors, and enjoy the hobby.

Everyone who goes to a good steakhouse is not a pompous ass because they could essentially get the same thing for less at Outback. Nor is everyone who buys a Honda Accord LX feel they "MUST have the most exclusive stuff" and turn up their nose at a base Honda Accord.

Generalizing everyone like that shows off some real insecurities. What an obnoxious, insulting post.

#1145 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Theres so many possibilities with this machine as far as toys and props. I hope Stern doesn't save all its bling for the LEs.

Absolutely.

I was actively working on re-theming a Gottlieb Haunted House into a 1966 Batman. The toys/props/call outs etc were far, far more than you could incorporate.

Just in my pin I was incorporating:
Batmobile
Batboat
Bat Cycle
Bat Copter
William Shakespear bust
red Bat Phone
Bat Poles
Bat Computer
Bat cave elements
The "Bat Whatever" labels on everything (Bat Right Flipper, Bat Left Flipper, etc)
"Gotham City 14 Miles" wooden sign
Batmobile license plates

Then you have 4 primary and about 10 secondary villains, 2 hot girls (Batgirl and Catwoman), other important cast members (Alfred the butler, Comm. Gordon, Chief O'Hara) and even Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson.

There is so much to work with in this pin and almost everything is instantly recognizable to even casual fans of the show.

#1150 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow I'd love to see some pics Mojo. I think the modders are gonna have a field day on this one. The Bat labels near the flipper and start buttons would be classic.

I just have a notebook.

The HH has 3 levels.
- The small upper play field was going to be the villains lair with the bad guys on the targets.
- main play field was going to be Gotham city with the various buildings and police headquarters.
- lower play field was (of course) going to be the bat cave.

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That sounds awesome ! This is the third Batman TV show retheme I've heard about.
Are you still going to do yours since Stern announced theirs?
I'm still deciding if i want to continue with my Batman retheme or chose another theme.

No, I'm in for an LE.

So I'll be selling a great condition HH...

#1263 7 years ago

It looks like there will be a batcopter toy. From Stern:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1271 7 years ago

Wasn't the copter only in the movie?

#1464 7 years ago

It's reasonable and appropriate.

Ferrari and Lamborghini do it all the time. Including the buy back clause. They take a production car, make some small changes, and offer a limited run of 10 or 20 cars to collectors of their marque. They often sell out even before they are announced.

Collectors want them and are willing to pay for the exclusivity.

Just because something doesn't appeal to you, or you don't think it's worth it, doesn't mean everyone who feels differently is stupid.

#1488 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

"exclusive set of picked individuals"........did you really just say that? Thanks for making my point, and a whole lot of others. Since when does buying a pinball machine or being "picked" by Gary Stern for anything make you an exclusive individual? I learned long ago if you are trying to be judged by your possessions, you will always be send-rate, in more ways than one.

Who's looking to be "judged" on their possessions? Maybe guys just want a pinball that they like.

And who, exactly, are you to judge anyone else on what they want?

Do you judge people who go to Capital Grille instead of Outback? Do you look down on the "exclusive" people who buy a Honda Accord LX instead of a base model DX?

What a bunch of miserable, sour grapes, bitter individuals that have taken over this forum.

#1494 7 years ago
Quoted from frank34obx:

Except you ACTUALLY just compared Stern Pinball to 2 companies that build FAR superior products. People think they are buying a Ferrari, but there buying a Fiat with bling and marketing thrown at it.

Actually, I mentioned 2 other companies that are doing THE EXACT SAME THING that Stern is doing. And doing it successfully.

And your tired, sour grapes insults of Stern pins is just that. Bitterness. I've bought multiple Stern games NIB and have had no issues. First NIB game was AC/DC premium, never had to take the glass off in 5 years except to clean and wax.

If you don't want a Batman66 don't get one. Grow the hell up and stop the insults toward the people who do.

#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I commented also something like "application? I'll get on it as soon as I complete my ford gt app."
I was also deleted and banned.
The thing is just fricken absurd - anybody that buys one should be embarrassed.
If they sell through on the super-duper-limited-editions you can be sure there will be more in the future.

I'm so embarrassed.

All the guys that own and own and enjoy their Ford GTs are embarrassed as well.

Everyone, except you, is embarrassed. We sit around and talk about how embarrassed we are actually. You nailed it.

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from frank34obx:

First off, It was not a slam on the 66 OR anyone buying it, nor was it a slam on you. I just found it totally comical you could even put a company like Stern in the same universe and either of those 2. If people want to waste their hard earned money on this crap, have at it. I could give a fuck less about the game or owning one. It is flat out a comment on how Stern operated and treats their customers. I have no bitterness because I am not sitting on some overprices POS from that place. I have been hanging around this hobby for 24 years generally quiet (because of rebuttals like yours) I was not slamming you personally until you decided to be a total douchbag in your reply. You clearly have your head pretty far up your ass if you can't see the REAL issues at hand. Sterns loves a guy like you. Post back when you have your first nib pos with ghosting and they tell you it's not bad enough to fix and it's "only a pinball machine" Yes, that HAS happened. Poke around after this playfield shit settles and you'll see not everyone will be getting replacements. Better yet, wait til they set a deadline and games sitting around in the box finally get sold. Hopefully you will get one of those. If your going to tell me those 2 companies are doing "the exact same thing" then you are totally delusional. First off....NEITHER of those 2 company would EVER put a product out EVER if they knew they had QC issues like Stern has. But no...Stern decided to keep shipping this crap out the door without a clue as to what the hell the cause is. THAT my friend is the difference

Google "Ferrari fires" and LMK what you come up with.

#2342 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I disagree, so far only 4 videos of guys wanting SLE's and one rage video. After the first week I would have expected more but that's it. So presumably 26 more available. The plus side of this marketing train wreck is that we get to see the guys begging and grovelling for an SLE and have a good laugh. " Oh please, pick me. I want the honor of buying your pin". Sad....Very Sad.

They have over 150 apps in already. And there are 11 days left.

Pinside's endless crybabies are a tiny, tiny portion of the pinball community.

You guys need to go on the wristwatch forums and start raging about how stupid the watch companies are for offering their top customers super limited editions (for 100 years now) and see how that working out for them. Then ask the top auto makers. The ask the top pen makers.

Batman66 LE's and Super LE's are going to have way less supply than demand. Star Wars supposedly already has 600 deposits on it and its still prolly 4 or 5 months from getting announced.

Yeah, Stern doesn't know what they are doing, but they have made themselves the only viable pinball producer. Every there one, From JJP on down, is hanging by a thread.

You guys doing the endless, non stop complaining should get together, start building some super high quality pins, with desirable themes, and sell them for $3500 retail. You'd rule the pinball world, right? Right?

#2347 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If there were really over 150 apps w/ videos submitted to Stern we'd see a much larger sampling of videos publicly searchable on Youtube.

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?

sour grapes
phrase of sour
used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Do the watch companies/auto makers come up with a Ron Hubbard style personality test or just sell to people that have the money ?

If you're implying that Stern is coming up with a "Ron Hubbard style personality test" I think you're a little fevered.

Actually watch/auto companies make sure that long time enthusiasts and collectors of their brand get the true special editions. Exactly what Stern is doing.

But Rolex, Panerai, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ford, (and all of their top collectors/enthusiasts) are idiots. You're the marketing genius....

#2711 7 years ago

BM66 Premium list price is $8599.00

3 weeks later
#4068 7 years ago

I'm thrilled I'm getting a BM66SLE.

Batman66 and pinball are my 2 hobbies so worlds are colliding with this pin for me.

At PHL waiting for flight to board for Expo right now.

IMG_0995 (resized).JPGIMG_0995 (resized).JPG

#4074 7 years ago

OMG. It's glorious.

#4747 7 years ago

George spent quite a while telling me the minutia of the game. There are a lot of little "Easter eggs" in it for real fans of the original series. He was totally enthusiastic about the pin, he was as much a "fanboi" of 1966 Batman.

I can't wait till this pin gets delivered.

IMG_8792 (resized).JPGIMG_8792 (resized).JPG

#4793 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, it was a layered effect, with some parts shiny and some parts more matte. It was really slick, I give Stern props for it. Would I pay $15k to get those decals? lol hell no. But it did look bad ass.

I ran my finger over the gap between the bat mobile's door and fender because it absolutely looked, even up close, that there was a physical gap in the paint. There isn't. It looks killer.

#4872 7 years ago

It's a specialty game. It's not a normal "cornerstone" Stern release. They are only going to make one every 18/24 months. It has limited appeal and it's for collectors/home use and not operators.

The next release is Aerosmith and the pro pricing is supposed to be $200 over GB pro.

I'm going to start a new thread with Gary Stern's description of their different models.

#4951 7 years ago

The SLE also is supposed to include a personalized voice mail greeting recored by Adam West that will be integrated into the game in conjunction with making shots that activate the Batphone on the playfield.

They didn't know if Adam was going to be physically up to doing it after signing all the cards and such (he's 88) but Jared (Jason?) from Stern confirmed to us that he felt good and recored all the voice mails.

Which is hella cool.

#4952 7 years ago

Also, George Gomez confirmed this to me as well.

#5188 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The price isn't an issue because I can or can't afford it. It's an issue because it's bad for the industry. This game won't be routed. The secondary market will be very small. Heck, the primary market will be small. This isn't good for anybody except for Stern's very, very short term numbers.

It's a SPECIALTY pin. Gary described it in his talk as a SPECIALTY pin that they will be producing one every 18mos to 2 years or so. It's not their normal cornerstone pins that get released 3 or 4 times a year.

Chevy just announced a Corvette Grand Sport. It's $85k. No one is freaking out that Chevy is going under because of the pricing, or that the secondary market is smaller, or that its going to ride very harshly on normal roads. It's a SPECIALTY release. It's geared to have extraordinary appeal towards a small segment of buyers.

C'mon.

1 week later
#5503 7 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I think that is a really bad reason to not buy the game. How much of your other "recreational dollars" do you every get back. Going on vacation, out to a nice meal, concerts, luxury cars, and so much more. Some would say those are also a waste of money. It is fortunate that we can get most of our money back out of pinball machines when we sell them. You have probably spent $1500 on something that didn't give you as much enjoyment as pinball does. Just 5 years ago, most NIB purchases lost $500-$1000. Pinball is fun, enjoy it, and buy the game because you love the theme and love pinball. It's only money, you can make more.
Dino

That's a great point.

I have football and hockey season tickets. At the end of the season I have $0.00 to show for my (very substantial) purchase. Buy a pin you like and a year later still have the bulk of the dollar value still there (if not all of it).

#5587 7 years ago

As soon as you describe a for profit business as 'selfish' or 'greedy' you lose your arguement. You might as well call them Nazis. It's just as ridiculous.

Stern does not exist to make pinball machines. Stern exists to make profit for its shareholders. Period.

You, nor anyone else, is being forced to buy their products. The endless whining is intolerable.

#5607 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If someone has enough money to spend twice the cost of a previous LE for a stupid whatever it has then they really have more money than brains.

That's quite the insult.

Any time you want to compare brains (or bank accounts for that matter) let me know.

#5616 7 years ago

I am. Game looked great in person. LCD was just the right size. Wondering how it will look in a game with the video taking up the full screen and not just the area inside the old fashioned TV rounded corner "bezel" being displayed on the LCD.

#5650 7 years ago

Been told by multiple sources "by Christmas" for SLE. Hope it works out that way.

3 weeks later
#5984 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's funny I paid $5200 for a like-new Met pro plus color DMD and full chrome legs and rails.
I realize rich people don't care about money the same way but to me the SLE has very little value. Even if I was rich I still can't see why I'd rather have a SLE instead of a LE plus a Met pro.

- Why upgrade to ceramic brakes on a Porsche 911 (for $8500.00) when the standard brakes work fine?

- Why do hundreds of millions of people use iPhones and iPads when alternatives exist for a fraction of the price?

- Why spend $65.00 on a NY strip from DelFrisco's when the $19.99 NY Strip at Outback is the same weight and provides the same calories?

- Why spend $85.00/mo on a daily Starbucks coffee when you can make it at home (in a paper togo cup with lid) for about $12.00/mo?

Everyone makes financial choices in life to upgrade to premium products. We all probably do it 25 times per day without even realizing it. What may seem like a waste to me might make perfect sense to you and vice versa.

2 weeks later
#6473 7 years ago

at 14:50 is an SLE bound for France. Damn French!

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 4.12.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 4.12.32 PM (resized).png

#6663 7 years ago

My Pollyanna gift is surprisingly fitting for this thread.

IMG_1542 (resized).JPGIMG_1542 (resized).JPG

#6685 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

BATMAN 66 SLE arriving tomorrow. Will post pics and vids upon arrival. Stay tuned.

I'm very happy for you. But Chief O'Hara says "The truth! What is the truth!"

5f6f894bf56cbc48d910c89e317ee486 (resized).jpg5f6f894bf56cbc48d910c89e317ee486 (resized).jpg

#6687 7 years ago

Chief O'Hara is not falling for your shenanigans GAP!

Batman_'66_-_Chief_O'Hara_2 (resized).jpgBatman_'66_-_Chief_O'Hara_2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7013 7 years ago

Got my SLE last Wednesday, topper coming tomorrow.

#7077 7 years ago

Mine was delivered in the best condition of any NIB pin I've purchased. (this was #7 NIB for me from Stern, JJP, and Chicago Gaming).

Absolutely no adjustments of any type. Have only removed the glass to remove packing material and install a mod.

I will check the screws holding rotating bat mobile in place. I can def see how they'd work loose.

IMG_8580 (resized).JPGIMG_8580 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mojosan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=mojosan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.