Quoted from PinB:
New Batman '66 info from Gomez himself via C2C podcast:
- The Penguin will be driving it & wreaking havoc on Gotham
- Mildly modified but roughly in the same place on the playfield
- Will have recognizable behavior, and its corresponding inserts will be in the same place as BDK
- Left ramp & right ramp that criss-cross
- Lots of the same elements on right-hand side as BDK
- Left-hand side has been redesigned
- Completely new feature on left side of game that provides 3 distinct interactive modes for the player & also acts as an additional ball lock.
- Way more shots than BDK (less "stop & go")
- Shots have a combo system now
- Approximately the size of a medium laptop (15.6" diagonal screen) on a hinge speaker display panel
- Will play clips from the old show
- Will be a combination of TV & comic art with live-action imagery
- Will be more sophisticated than what was shown in the flier
- Multiple artists working on it
Stern is planning to have the game playable at Expo.
It basically sounds like they added a ramp on the left side that crosses over to the right and replaced the coffee can with a new toy.-wonder if this is where the playfield LCD will be integrated?
I wonder if Lyman started from scratch on the code or if he used the BDK rules as a baseline and then coded in the new features and combos?
I'm excited to see it!