• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (2 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (2 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (2 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (2 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

New Batman '66 info from Gomez himself via C2C podcast:
CRANE TOY
- The Penguin will be driving it & wreaking havoc on Gotham
- Mildly modified but roughly in the same place on the playfield
- Will have recognizable behavior, and its corresponding inserts will be in the same place as BDK
PLAYFIELD LAYOUT
- Left ramp & right ramp that criss-cross
- Lots of the same elements on right-hand side as BDK
- Left-hand side has been redesigned
- Completely new feature on left side of game that provides 3 distinct interactive modes for the player & also acts as an additional ball lock.
- Way more shots than BDK (less "stop & go")
- Shots have a combo system now
LCD SCREEN
- Approximately the size of a medium laptop (15.6" diagonal screen) on a hinge speaker display panel
- Will play clips from the old show
ARTWORK
- Will be a combination of TV & comic art with live-action imagery
- Will be more sophisticated than what was shown in the flier
- Multiple artists working on it
Stern is planning to have the game playable at Expo.
Source:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-229_86459

It basically sounds like they added a ramp on the left side that crosses over to the right and replaced the coffee can with a new toy.-wonder if this is where the playfield LCD will be integrated?

I wonder if Lyman started from scratch on the code or if he used the BDK rules as a baseline and then coded in the new features and combos?

I'm excited to see it!

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I woke up this morning with a eureeka thought that the Batman LE must come with some kind of crazy topper to help justify the price increase. That would also explain why the Premiums allegedly are priced "around the usual Premium price".
Look to the slot machine for inspiration. Maybe we're going to get some kind of Big Wheel? I'm making my prediction now that LE will have some kind of crazy topper, and that the $2k increase will be on full display.

Would be awesome to see them re-utilize "the wheel" from WOF as the big toy they mentioned with 3 modes! I think it's probably the most underrated and coolest toys Stern has come up with over the years'.

1 week later
#1511 3 years ago

I never thought I'd see the day where people were fighting over the opportunity to pay $15K for a game designed by Joe Kaminkow.... Just buy a Lethal Weapon and save all the drama

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great video. I hope you win !
LTG : )

That's going to be a fun conversation.... but honey I "won" this pinball machine, now I have to buy it! Lol. From now on I am only going to "win" machines and not buy them....

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am betting this is more of a handshake agreement, and the penalty will be having you on their shit list if you flip the pin. And as small as this community is, word would get around fast, no matter how hard you tried to keep it secret.

That's exactly what it is. Stern is just trying to discourage people from flipping for profit because that money is going to the flipper and not them. Their ultimate goal is to price games at a point that leaves no room for flipping, which is why the rumors are floating of this being a $14-15K pin. It's no doubt they saw all the GBLE's being priced at $10K and figured they weren't asking enough for their LE models. If people would only refuse to pay more than MSRP on games this would stop happening but that is not likely to happen. This really makes me nostalgic for a time (not long ago) when the most expensive NIB games were under $4K.

#1648 3 years ago

If Stern really wanted to combat flippers a more effective way to do so would be to personalize each game to incorporate the 30 individual owner's. Instead of a tiny LE plaque with just a number on it you could have a personalized apron (something similar to the WOZLE wood apron) which incorporates the owner's name (or family) along with a personalized message from Adam West and Gary Stern. You could also custom program stuff into the software that identifies the owner like custom callouts or custom video message from Adam West identifying the buyer by name. Maybe even incorporate the buyer's name or likeness into the art package somewhere. If the rumored prices are true, I'd expect something way more special than just a different art package and trim. Make each game truly unique and personalized which would give the game more special meaning to the owner.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't see what the big deal is, I have zero interest in Batman 66 but it seems its a grail pin for a lot of u guys and I understand the excitement, pay in full for it before any pics of video and gameplay, why not? I did it with Alien, for me best theme to date, If Sterns next pin was Motorhead or Slayer, yep I'm paid in full for an LE before any reveal and there's so many more that will never happen for me but if they did I would go in blind, its a toy, its suppose to be fun, unless its a non-refundable deposit then who gives a shit? Ghosting and delays etc. aside this pin is sold out already for those of us that must have it, I get it and I say good for you, happy ur getting something that really ur passionate about.

I think that's fine as long as you are fine with taking the risks involved and living with the consequences. Code is the biggest issue. What kind of incentive will Stern have to devote code resources to a game that's already sold out. I'm sure it will be like every other game Stern releases.... Collector's will be in a frenzy to buy it, they will rank the game #1 on the Pinside top 100 list, and then 3-6 months later all you will hear is complaints about how the code isn't finished and the game is collecting dust in their gameroom. Why not make Stern work for your sale by forcing them put out a quality product from day one with great code. Now is the time to buy games like Met and TWD that already have great finished code and reward Stern for a job well done. Let sales suffer on the new games until code is complete and give Stern some incentive to actually devote the code resources needed to complete the game.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Finally! Prices!

Wow! $1004 increase over the previous game (GB) for a Premium and a $1204 increase on the LE. I guess we now have our answer on how much extra Stern is going to charge for the first LCD game! Premium price is basically what the LE price was before. Hopefully Pro price does not follow suit on the next Stern release as that is the only reasonable option left.

#1825 3 years ago

Has Stern mentioned how they will notify the winners yet? I think it would be awesome if Gary Stern showed up at the lucky collector's house in a Stern "Prize Patrol" van. Instead of presenting the winner with a giant check, he could present them with some balloons, flowers, and a giant invoice for $15K

PrizePatrol (resized).jpg

#1979 3 years ago

Batman wheel looks awfully close the Wheel of Fortune wheel. That's my prediction for the playfield toy on the left hand side (where the joker can was on BDK). Either that or it will be incorporated in the SLE Topper? The crane and WOF Wheel are probably the 2 best toys Stern has come up with over the years and would make for an awesome pin!

batmanwheel (resized).jpg
WOFWheel (resized).jpg

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:
If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

If this is really something of a boutique nature and not indicative of a regular Stern release than Stern should alter their branding to reflect this as it's blurring the lines between standard "cornerstone" and boutique. Something as simple as a different logo or name branding would help differentiate between the two. Car makers do this all the time. If Stern is producing a "Lexus" instead of a "Toyota" than they should change their branding to reflect this. It also doesn't help that they are using the "Premium" moniker. If it's boutique just call the game a standard and be done with it. Not that this really makes that big of a difference but the pricing caught me off guard as this seemed to me to be more of a regular Stern release vs. something of a boutique nature. If Stern could assure us that pricing would go back to Ghostbusters level on the next cornerstone title I think that would help a lot. I always assumed the reason they raised their prices with Ghostbusters was to prepare buyers for the next game which had an LCD. Another price increase is too much for me to justify.

#2322 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

They did. It's a Stern/Kapow! co-production.

I think it would help if Stern would identify exactly what differentiates a Stern/Kapow! release from a standard release aside from price. I just assumed the "Kapow" was just a one time licensing thing but maybe they had a larger role than that? If it's going to be a new line of games going forward they should state that up-front. I still think including a model called the "Premium" is a mistake on this game as that causes collector's to compare the game against other "Premium" titles of the past. I would have called it something else (maybe Kapow! Standard) to differentiate it.

#2339 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I disagree, so far only 4 videos of guys wanting SLE's and one rage video. After the first week I would have expected more but that's it. So presumably 26 more available. The plus side of this marketing train wreck is that we get to see the guys begging and grovelling for an SLE and have a good laugh. " Oh please, pick me. I want the honor of buying your pin". Sad....Very Sad.

I agree and I don't think people are lining up to buy it either. I think it is just Stern hyping up their own release (price pumping) and claiming that they already have hundreds of videos submitted already.-If this were the case you'd think more videos would be publicly accessible on Youtube. Somehow I think that most if not all people that are willing to shell out $15K on the game will somehow be "winners" and be granted the privilege to buy one. And as for the 240 standard LE's I think it's pretty much a given that just about any new Stern LE release sells out to distributors right away. How many people do you personally know that are buying one? I know plenty of people personally that bought GBLE but I don't know anyone aside from a handful of posters on Pinside that are actually buying BM66 LE. Maybe this will change though once pics and more details are revealed.

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

according to whom....Stern?

If there were really over 150 apps w/ videos submitted to Stern we'd see a much larger sampling of videos publicly searchable on Youtube. Yes I know there are other video hosting options and the ability to make videos private but most people go with what's known and easy. Just try to act surprised when both Jim Tracy and T3 Enterprises somehow are "lucky" enough to win the contest!

#2349 3 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?
sour grapes
phrase of sour
used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

Yes, I think more than 2/150 would want to make their application video public and easily searchable. I know if I were applying I'd want my video to have as much attention/hits as possible to increase my chances of winning instead of keeping it a secret. It's not sour grapes at all. I think it's just a matter of Stern trying to artificially create demand by trying to over-hype this thing. If this pin was really such a hot seller you'd think I would personally know at least one person that is planning to get one. I'm just not seeing a Ghostbuster's type frenzy on this game even though Stern is trying to make it seem that way.

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?

Also, since the submitted videos become the property of Stern Pinball don't you think they'd want to share some of the better videos publicly via social media as I thought that was the primary reason they were collecting videos? It just seems like a lost opportunity if they don't take advantage of this. If I were running Stern's Facebook I would post a handful of these video applications daily just to keep people talking about it and encourage more submissions.

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

2) Why would stern make a game to celebrate with it's partners and key people.. and then... not use it for that at all? It would defeat the freakin purpose

I wonder if Stern is charging partners and key people the full $15k or possibly subsidizing some games off the profits of others? They could likely afford to give 15 games away for free to insiders if they sold 15 at $15k to collectors.

1 week later
#2949 3 years ago

Looks like 6 Standup targets on the left side just like BDK. Must just be the back left side (new toy) and criss cross ramps that really differentiate it from BDK.

2 weeks later
#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Look to the left side of the rotating disk. Doesn't it look like the ball drops into a subway or something? I'm looking forward to seeing what all the shots are around the spinning toy.

I think that's just a ball lock that catches balls via a post on a right orbit shot. I have a feeling it will release the balls by rotating and dropping on the magnet below similar to X-Men Pro.

2 months later
#6580 2 years ago

Not really feeling this one so far although I'm sure the code is still super early.... Gameplay sure doesn't seem to have much flow and the turntable toy seems kinda lame so far. Didn't really notice the magnet pulsing much, the small LCD being used nor the left ramp being shot. Will need to see the deadflip video to get a better impression. On the plus side the music was kind of cool and jazzy and I liked some of the display effects.

Maybe it's because it's mostly a re-hash but I'm just not that excited to play one of these compared to other new Stern releases. It just doesn't seem all that exciting or new.

1 week later
#6962 2 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I guess I'm old school, I go to an arcade and drop quarters. I don't care what a new Stern costs I just enjoy playing them.

Same here but the problem is that our local ops aren't likely to buy due to price. The Premium model is still about $3k higher than the Pro models that they typically buy. I don't even have any friends buying which means that it will be tough to track one down to play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside