PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2971 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like I said when someone pointed out the game has a kickback - they routinely use parts from other games all the time on these protos. This photo shows us nothing beyond the fact that for some reason the Barenaked ladies guy gets free reign over at the Stern factory.

If you look at the cutout, it isn't a kick back, too high up. Likely lighting as most prem/le already have.

And that is, of course, if the apron isn't just thrown from something else as suspected.

#3365 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For you Julie Newmar fans Hallmark has released a batman 1966 Julie Newmar Catwoman ornament. It went on sale yesterday. Its supposedly a limited run so once existing store inventory is gone they wont be restocked.

Someone snag them all..... Limited edition mods

#3408 7 years ago

Notice how every limited car shows pictures (or sketches) and potential features?

With bm66, all we know is:

- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball

No pictures, no features, etc.

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

this again!?
i posted this 23 days ago:
we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.
___
+
no we also know more of the art, the "versioning/naming" of the LE's, SLE application process, prices
probably some other stuff i'm forgetting

So.... like this?

-New Ferrari

-Limited to 35 units

-Special limitation of 4 personally invited (no differences to be explained until release)

-Hand Assembled in Italy.

-Design by Pininfarina.

-Engine: V8

-Will have some elemnts from the 488, but all new elements as well

-Please let us know why you want it, and that you can afford it

Teaser pictures attached...

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

#3420 7 years ago

ALSO....

Please ignore the failures of our last models. This one is new.

#3425 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Um, or just see it in 11 days, and buy it or pass. I don't get your point.
If you don't go to the Adam West meet and greet, I think your deposit is refundable right? Why worry or have concerns?

It has been reiterated to many, the pre-order is NOT refundable.

#3427 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

got it. ok i'm a pinball fan excited about a new game. you're a pinball fan who may or may not be excited but for sure feels the need to compare stern's business model (erroneously, again, we know plenty at this point) to a completely different manufacturer in a completely different industry.
we can go our separate ways now.

We don't know "plenty" but we can agree to disagree.

Im personally excited to see Batman 66, I just really think the approach is unsettling. That's all.

Remove the pre-order garbage, and this becomes a suspense filled release for Expo. Im totally cool with that. It is the fact that you have to put money down on something you cannot see, cannot know the features etc. And if in the end its a turd, you are obligated to walk away losing your deposit, or purchase the game with angst.

I do hope this game blows people away, but with previous QC issues, and the money up front mentality, it just looks bad from the outside in.

I know Im repeating what others have said, but I figured Id share my thoughts and thats all. This is a discussion forum after all.

#3467 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Several places where Jody, or another Stern spokesperson has said, the deposit, is just that. A deposit. It gets you into the meet and greet. I have not heard of any other way to get admissioin to the meet and greet.

So you missed the whole month or more of them selling tickets publicly to the event? Before BM66 was announced. Which lead to the suspicion of BM66 and then it was confirmed?

All the marketing and campaigning they did to try to sell tickets online, on facebook, here and other places just completely went passed you without notice?

You seem to have some great info, but then back it up with broken foundations. Which removes all credibility.

#3470 7 years ago

This flyer, which was posted online well before the BM66 announcment, clearly states there is a meet and greet. VIP available through distributors. At this point, there was NO pre-order info. No dollar value attached. Nothing.

Get your facts straight.

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg

#3471 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

There's nothing wrong with his credibility.
You're confusing Stern's 30th anniversary party tickets with the Adam West meet and greet.
Two separate things.

See post above.

Quoted from dgarrett:

Tickets to the Lincolnshire party v. the meet and greet are 2 separate things. I have tickets to both.

See above. Im sure you have tickets to both. Just saying it was a requirement to buy the game first.

#3474 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Our facts are straight, dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events.
Jesus...try harder next time.

I explained in that post that there was a vip requirement for a seperate part. I also said how it was not a pre-order only event. Dont call me dippy if you're reading comprehension is off.

#3477 7 years ago

It was said many times in the past 70 pages, that a signing costs money. Stern has to pay Adam West to be there and do this. So of course there will be some cost involved. The fact that the cost is being passed along as an attachment to a pre-order of a MUCH larger purchase is just plain distasteful.

Whether you can change your deposit to something else, still doesnt save for the fact that many other people have been told different. My question then goes beyond your deposit to ask, if you do back out, for any reason, but have attended the event already, will you still be required to pay for your VIP ticket you used?

#3479 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You are a dippy. The flyer lists them as separate events, but doesn't lay out the conditions of getting VIP tickets. They later turned out to be a deposit on the game.
Why is this so difficult for you?

Its not difficult, its just a slap in the face to many of those out there.

Quoted from dgarrett:

Woah, slow down with your accusations. You aren't making sense. The flyer doesn't go into deposit details - but it does clearly state there are two events, right? IF you want to argue with me, just sent a PM - no need to clutter the thread with back and forth.
The flyer shows clearly, they are separate. The VIP Meet & Greet at the Westin from 3-6pm at the bottom (and my understanding is the only VIP Meet and Greet attendees will be those that made a deposit on LE or Premium) , then the second event on the flyer, is the Lincolnshire Stern party for $35 ticket (sold old, but yes I got one) is at a different location. I also put down $500 on a Premium and know I have a VIP spot at the Westin.

Not going to argue anywhere further with you guys.

If you end up getting a great game, kudos to you. If you dont, so be it. If you choose to pass on it, in any event, then lucky you, not so lucky others that werent given the choice.

My posts in this thread were not targeted at individuals, and I keep explaining that treatment of buyers has not been universal. Which was attested to earlier by MK6PIN (and others). This just makes Stern (and/or their distributors) look deceiving. Passing along (in some cases) non-refundable funds, for what has not been properly unveiled. This isnt a start-up, this isnt a J-pop needs money situation. This is Stern.

Stop taking things so personally because you have some money down. Especially if you believe you arent locked in.

#3480 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's not distasteful, you can cancel after the reveal, and we're done here.

Not everyone can. Why do you ignore that? You called me dippy twice now, and yet you havent seemed to have read others in this thread who were told they would not be refunded.

#3483 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

For me, I'd likely just roll the $500 to next game - but I'm certain I could ask for the cash back.

Quoted from dgarrett:

My understanding is that if you attend the VIP M&G, your deposit is locked in.

You make conflicting posts on one page of this thread in less than an hour.

Good job.

#3493 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm guessing someone who has purchased 11 games from a single distributor might get some preferential treatment from that distributor.

He may. And all the power to him. Just seems odd he would state it non-refundable and then says he'd ask for it back.

#3564 7 years ago

Im waiting for someone to bring up Vegans and Crossfitters....

Someone will tell you about it.

#3669 7 years ago

This is getting funnier by the day.

Is anyone that wants an sle and gets #31 to #80 really getting the super or just an extension?

What a trainwreck.

#3697 7 years ago

First was a slap in the face to collectors by making the sle invite only.

Then the kick in the nuts came with the follow up "application" to buy, thus killing exclusivity.

Now the flick on the dick tip comes with almost tripling the number and killing rarity and credibility.

anyone buying stocks in ky jelly?

#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Shouldn't there be only 30 people in the world who care... if that's really what's happening?
It never ceases to amaze me how much energy people have to invest in *saving* other people... who may not even care.

Just an opinion. No need to save anyone.

Welcome to the Internet.

#3887 7 years ago

How many people here have kids..... and of them, how many buy webkinz?

#3889 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BBB is valuable as a true original collectible that will never be made again

Purely based on speculation (I have NO knowledge or grapevine to pull from)

but...

What if they remake BBB?

#3890 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Announced too soon with too many negative surprises. This needs to be a spectacular reveal in three days to recover lost ground in my opinion.
Maybe its because I dropped out... Is anybody else experiencing BM66 fatigue?

I was tired of it as of the SLE announcement, (which came after the stern party announcement confirming Adam West)

#3892 7 years ago

I know they want people to dress up for the BM66 party, but I hope they have a Star Wars party...

COSTUME READY EVERYONE!

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg

#3894 7 years ago

Maybe we need an Iron Man VE2 party...

11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg

#4076 7 years ago

The pictures look great, but clearly this is not a situation is a rare game. It basically resembles the pro, premium, Le models of the past.

No doubt that they stepped it up in the art production, but I still feel like this is a cheap way for them to raise their prices big time.

Congratulations to all the new buyers, but unfortunately the pockets are too deep on this one

#4083 7 years ago

Sle vs le (from pictures)

Different speakers
Speaker panel art
Inside decals
Armor trimmed a little nicer
Different art
Back glass

Seems like standard fair from premium to le. Nothing super about it.

#4089 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I think that's only SLE's and a premium...

Nope.

Sle then le, then premium. You can tell by art, you can tell by back glass and the last is the sle and le both have powder coating, the premium doesn't.

Hence, le premium and pro.

Anyone else remember when premiums came powder coated *cough* acdc *cough*

#4093 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Does look great.
Screen is going to make dmd's look sooooooo yesterday. Perfect size for pinball.
Just a shame prices have gone batshit insane!

I agree with you, but at the same time don't.

This is the apple vs Android of Pinball.

The screens do look great. And they will make dmd look passé.

However, stern is not the first. Not even the second to go this route.

Essentially, when apple releases technology 2 years late, it's innovative. Here we have stern pulling the same move.

Marketing Dept at stern deserves the kudos for all of this.

#4097 7 years ago

And I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned that this really is a dark knight ve.

Remove the colourful art, and "updated" toys. You have 90% of the game unchanged.

#4105 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

And when Samsung release new features, they explode.

I said Android, not Samsung. Every company has their issues.

Audi and Lamborghini and Ferrari and even Porsche have burned to the ground on special release vehicles too.

I was talking more of innovation than that of rehash others.

#4106 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Besides the art and display isn't this just a bdk ve?

I said this above....

Yes.

#4109 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If that line up was LE, Premium and Pro, with prices in line with their last couple of releases I would be more impressed and interested in buying one, even though not a fan of the theme. I think that SLE looks pretty sweet. I just can't pay the prices on this one.

Agree 100%

#4121 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

No. Much of the game has been changed. New ramp on the left, stupid Joker can removed, replaced with rotating gadgets and LCD screen.
We'll find out more when flyer is released.

How much of the Kool-Aid have you drunk?

Ramp on left was the functional bat mobile ramp, so they made it lesser of a feature.

Removed joker can and put new toy.

You call this "much", as in, a lot of changes?

#4123 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If it plays well and is fun - who gives an F.
I don't have a BDK and this looks fantastic so far.

This is a fair of a review as it can get.

But this or bdk, whichever suits your tastes and plays how you like.

Only problem is how stern approached this whole thing.

#4127 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Stern needs to hire a proofreader. Villain Vision on the TV is misspelled.

Not like it's happened before. Not even on spider man or ghost busters

#4145 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'm taking full credit for this concept.

You're not the first, and not the only.

b2f652d14d820a997dc63345d713cb6c5a9ec26a.jpeg (resized).jpgb2f652d14d820a997dc63345d713cb6c5a9ec26a.jpeg (resized).jpg

#4671 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They have priced me and, I feel, many others out of the pinball hobby however.

you're out of nib purchases, but I'm sure you'll stick around the hobby

#4839 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I thought this was funny as Ed Robertson of Barenaked Ladies takes a little jab (in good fun) at the BM66 price model during a live performance at the Stern party (Viper Room). Sorry if this was already posted.
» YouTube video

And he has now been banned from Stern

j/k

#4917 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What?
If you open that SLE - you can't sell it new in box. And if you let anybody play it at your fundraising party it will be a used machine. Making any subsequent sale subject to the Stern first right of refusal buy back clause. You really want to risk it?

Unless the buyer agrees to allow it to be used for the event. And thus, the buyer cant sell it thereafter

#4922 7 years ago

The Canadian distributor (yes, there's only one) is brick and mortar. Anyone can go in and play games any time. Which is awesome! (assuming you are close enough to their showroom to enjoy it)

Sadly, the impression received by many, is they don't care about pinball very much. Especially knowing they monopolized the country's supply. Anyone selling pins retail gets them from one source. This same source also has a MASSIVE ownership of movie theaters in Canada.

"Cineplex Entertainment - Canada's largest and North America's fifth-largest movie theater company with 161 locations"

by comparison to the rest of the competition, they are huge. Look at second place alone.

"Landmark Cinemas - Canada's second-largest chain with 54 locations"

Clearly they have no shortage on routes, and it makes buying games in Canada, very expensive as we are hit by the exchange and lack of competitive retailers (no competition).

Add in the fact that a US distributor is not supposed to sell a game to non-US buyers, and the case becomes clear.

Sorry for the rant, but it needs to change.

#4928 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After reading so many posts about people receiving defective machines with cosmetic and playfield issues right out of the box, I don't find it odd at all.
Personally I'd much rather be able to inspect the game I'm buying than have some mystery box left on my doorstep.

This....

1 month later
#5815 7 years ago

I wonder what would happen if Stern releases a 4th edition of the pin well after sales have begun to give the license another boost.

Similar to releasing premium versions of games otherwise not supposed to, or something more exclusive like a luci. Or even better yet, just a color change like jjp and their hobbit black arrow edition.

Just curious how people will feel considering all the negativity that has brewed prior to the game even existing.

#5819 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's what I'm counting on

Not happening..

With the shenanigans being pulled lately, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think all the negativity focused around the price, mainly. Game does exist, and Stern not a startup, so it's being made, with some heavy hitters driving.
I feel fine, but thanks for all your concern for " us" ( guess this means you're not getting one)?

I am not.

But you take my sentiment the wrong way. The game obviously exists in cabinet form, but so far (to our knowledge) isn't flippable. This doesn't mean it never will, I was just contrasting the negativity (more than just price) with the fact that Stern holds all the cards on this one.

People bending over backwards for something still not 100% tangible.

My opinion is mine to have, and I'm not concerned for anyone really. If the game comes out and is fantastic, than that's awesome. I was just speculating and asking how people would feel if Stern altered the lineup with more options. As it has already happened once with this game (30 sle vs 80) and has happened on other games made by them and other manufacturers.

You don't need to get your panties in a bunch because I said something you weren't fond of.

2 weeks later
#6226 7 years ago

I figure this belongs here: http://morebatgas.ytmnd.com/

#6356 7 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

what is the problem with the cat women art

The ramp flaps on the play field cover her head

Pics are buried in the thread somewhere

#6366 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can we wait to see the production games before we get our titties in a twist about ramp flaps?

Absolutely not. (Sarcasm)

If they fix the issues, people will still whine about something. Anything.

It's the nature of the internet, not just pinball.

#6631 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Surprised this thread isnt blowing up with the gameplay video finally up
Looks really good the art and sounds are great, I really like the origional score. And the lcd looked great too, lots of video, I like the paper with the new high score ect. Rotating section looks neat too. Should be a great game!
Now if only they had a pro version..

They do. It's called a premium.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.