PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 7 years ago

240 LE models and 30 "Super LE". Interesting quantities for sure.

#43 7 years ago

I can't imagine this game won't be at expo... This expo is going to be great with Alien reveal and now this!

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry, none of the amateurs know how to make code like the Stern guys. Not even close.

I wouldn't call Keith Johnson an amateur....

#520 7 years ago

I am going to pretend this "Super LE" doesn't even exist. Its really not smart to announce it to the public anyway when the public can't get it.

#540 7 years ago

I don't believe the LE will be anywhere near 10,500. More like 8,500 street.

#1017 7 years ago

Isn't Jack and PL on the expo schedule with a session called "designing the next innovation" ? Sounds like a reveal to me

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Good thing is you can buy the next 4 to 5 sterns and play /sell them before Pats game comes out. Its a great time for pinball just have to juggle which to keep which to let go.

Don't think that's the case this time. He has said he wouldn't announce the next game until it is almost ready to ship. Time will tell weather that holds true.... I am for sure looking forward to this one..
Now, back to Batman!

#1025 7 years ago

All this 10K for the LE is way off.

Street pricing (not MSRP) prediction:

$7000 premium
$8500 LE

#1040 7 years ago

Stern is clearly testing different ways to hype up a game. No PR announcement on IGN, just a flyer on pinside. It's clear the market they are going after...for this game anyway... it's us on Pinside.

#1052 7 years ago

Agreed. If they want to progress to anything significant they need to be able to have more than one pin on the line at a time ...

#1275 7 years ago

Powder coated rails look good

#1407 7 years ago

Seems they are not deleting anymore and responding to many of them...

#1623 7 years ago

30 Super LE = ONE TIME offering to mark the 30 years in pinball... I don't understand the freak out. Well, actually I do, this is Pinside after all!

#1643 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern sure isn't talking like this is a one time thing, well they do on their Facebook page but the "application" (lol) says otherwise.
"Name three titles that would be interesting for you for a Stern / Ka-Pow limited boutique game in the future?"
That statement above sure sounds like we will see Super LE's versions of some future titles. If Stern had any intention of making this a one time thing they would call it a 30th Anniversary Edition, not a Super LE.

Interesting, but that isn't the way George Gomez framed it during his interview on the Coast 2 Coast podcast.

#1779 7 years ago

Any word on street pricing yet?

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Sit, Boo-Boo, sit. Good dog!

We are almost to "shoo, go away" - Building up to it.

#2464 7 years ago

The art looks fantastic.

#2474 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I like the guys, but think Catwoman could look better... Kinda "jowly" in that drawing

Um Catwoman is the best thing about the art so far.

#2884 7 years ago

This thread is now called the Levi and Ice show.... just stop.

1 week later
#3562 7 years ago

All college towns are like that

#3790 7 years ago

Has Stern confirmed the 50 additional SLE games? Are we sure that Gary didn't misspeak in the interview?

#4067 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And gentlemen, it's your last chance to cast a vote for the pole.

I refuse to vote. No Julie no vote.

#4817 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think the Pinball News guy did and was immediately kicked out and banned from the Stern Epic Party.

So he was kicked out of the Stern tour and the party? Seems crazy and strange to me. Pinball News is highly regarded within the industry. Pretty lame if that's true. Stern shouldn't be afraid to answer a few questions.

#4990 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Did anyone notice it says 8 balls per game ?

That is correct. Three on the playfield (I believe upper left) and 6 in the Kaneda "trou"

#5225 7 years ago

The LE is approximately $9,600 street price. How can this not have 100% RGB color changing inserts? Insane to me. My Game of Thrones LE looks like a bargain.

3 weeks later
#5714 7 years ago

Lyman is outstanding, but he doesn't have a reputation for pumping out code quickly. Met and TWD both took some time before they were "complete". Lets hope the wait isn't that long....

#5749 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

As cool as the SLE would be, and it'd be cool to have one here in NZ, here's my rationale why I didn't buy it.
The game was $15,000 USD. Initially, I was to pay that sum to Stern (direct) and ship it myself. I ship a lot of pins so I can do it cheaply. Then they changed it and decided that the NZ Stern distributor would do it. Suddenly it is $24,000 NZD plus the shipping on top of that, whatever that was.
The reality is, for say $26,000 landed here, I would have to sell 4 of these mint games and probably half the Avatar as well to cover $26,000.
The question is, as cool as it may be, is one game better than Spider-Man + Star Trek + Family Guy + Batman TDK + half of Avatar? Four of the best games Stern has made?
My conclusion was, unfortunately not.
rd

Dave says it all. If someone with 125 pinball machines isn't in...but this math certainly doesn't add up. ST $4300 + FG $5000 + Batman TDK $4500 + 1/2 Avatar $2000 = $15,800. Oh wait it really does add up! wow.

1 week later
#5892 7 years ago

Jeff (jar155),

I think it's time to stop beating the dead horse with this. It's really getting old. I am not defending the pricing model, but I am tired of seeing you repeat yourself for the last month. Just give it a rest. We get it. You are done with Stern. All of Pinside knows.

Eric

#6029 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Didn't Ritchie design GoT with the pro first and then add the mini playfield? Not sure if I've heard confirmation on that, but that's what I've heard. I think every designer does things a little differently.

Not at all. He specifically said @ the expo tour 2015 (to a small group) that he starts with the LE, then takes away. Borg HAS said in the past that he starts with the Pro then adds for the Premium / LE.

#6030 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Some people indeed design pro and add le stuff (like Steve R). Quite obvious in got that the mini playfield was added later and doesn't have a huge role in the gameplay.
Others design a premium and take out stuff to have a pro.

Borg does the pro first for sure. Ritchie didn't add it later. I do agree that Dwight needs to add some more code for the mini playfield, but thats not a design thing, it is a code thing.

1 month later
#6987 7 years ago

So for the SLE, is it just the headphone jack in the coin door? What about external volume control? Maybe they didn't include that in case it goes on location.

#7012 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Got mine SLE Thursday

Is it on location in NYC?

#7060 7 years ago

The game does look amazing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.