PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 7 years ago

This is a special 30th anniversary game, hence pulling out all stops with the video tech with some help from Joe K (and no Pros). The 30 Super LEs will be unobtainium and worth every penny because they will never drop in value. I heard a couple of months ago they would be over $10K. Anyone with the money who says they would not buy one if invited is fooling themselves.

The regular Pro/Premium/LE will only be skipped for this one game.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yup, I'm really wandering how they are selecting those on the list.

Probably Gary and his most loyal and important employees. The leftovers would go to top distributors and a few close friends and VIPs. (This is just my guess based on rumors)

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

X10...Kaminkow can thank the designers at Williams for all of his ideas.

The Batman slot is pretty impressive and bringing some of that video technology to pinball is awesome. That twitter channel is full of negativity and low blows...as expected.

#582 7 years ago

Super LE $25,000 by Labor Day.

#776 7 years ago

There are two BM66 homebrew machines that are being chronicled on pinside. That is where the above pictures are from. Please do not be fooled. Both games look awesome by the way.

1 week later
#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Gomez said in a podcast that it's very different on the left side of the playfield and has two ramps that cross. I think the fears of a warmed over TDK can safely be put to rest? I'm not concerned about it after Gomez's statements.

Better watch out with those facts; the Negative Nancy's here prefer unfounded conjecture.

#1533 7 years ago

Sheesh. So many crybabies here. The one company that kept our hobby current for the last 16 years is going all out to produce a really special anniversary machine to commemorate 30 years in the industry and people a bitching about it? To me this whole BM66 thing is awesome. I think it is great that they are offering variety and mixing things up. Not to mention LCD displays. These are the good old days. I wish that I had the spare cash around and was one of the people offered an SLE. If you can't get excited about this, why even be in the hobby? Even if you are an EM guy or into original themes, can't you be happy for the others in the hobby?

Once again, BM66 is a special edition boutique game. Once it is done, Stern will return to the normal Pro, Premium, LE model that everyone normally bitches about.

#1801 7 years ago

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding this is not a regular release and can not be used as an indication of anything for normal releases? This is a boutique, special anniversary game and has an appropriate price to go along with it. It's not for everyone and that is understandable. What is not understandable is the number of crybabies here...

4 weeks later
#4413 7 years ago

Can't wait to play this game. I know a few lucky people who are in on it. Looks great. Glad they didn't go any bigger on the LCD.

1 week later
#5019 7 years ago

Its been 600+ posts since I checked in on this thread. It only took me one page to see the same BS being spouted. Batman is a boutique game. Make no assumptions on new pricing until we see what Aerosmith costs. I'm out for another 600 posts. Can't wait to see and play this game!

3 weeks later
#5696 7 years ago

No Batman at IAAPA because Stern/Lyman did not want to show a game with early software. This is a show for selling completed products.
On the other hand I remember JJP showing a half dozen WOZ with zero game software at IAAPA. It was just a box of lights in attract mode with flippers that flipped and most in the amusement industry were clueless too the fact.

1 week later
#5867 7 years ago

Damn I can't wait to play this game!

#5874 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's going to be a bit. 2017 is looking likely.

Yeah I figured. I know people who are getting premium, LE and super LE, so whichever they release first I will hopefully get to play right away.

1 week later
#6086 7 years ago

The gadgets are such a cool idea for the LEs. I'm jealous of anyone getting one of these. This is a perfect theme/machine for a boutique run and also for the first LCD display.
Won't be long now! Congrats to all the buyers.

#6150 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that game in chicago or florida?

Looks like Little Shop of Games, so Florida.

2 weeks later
#6747 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Here are the unboxing pics. This thing is stunning......
Edit: Sorry...pics are pretty bad. Guess I was snapping them too quickly (too anxious to play).

Wow that game looks freakin' amazing. I am so jealous. Enjoy!

#6798 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Not looking for validation at all. My post stands alone, but I do share some ideas with respect to new large single PCBs that replace discreet components.

You need to look more closely or at least stop assuming. The transistors on the mini driver boards are through hole. Those are the ones that fail by far the most and Stern made sure they are readily available parts and user replaceable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.