PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1694 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting time at Stern right now.
*Orders of GB LE's and Premiums are still not filled
*Pabst Can Crusher pin announced, none built/shipped/or delivered
*Batman66 Pin flyer shown, no playfield or game pictures- sold out any way. Application for right to buy Super LE, no pics shown.
*Spiderman Consumer/Home version announced, no ETA on actual build/delivery date
*Huge backlog of games ordered Feb/March of this year and still not built

I don't think they have even delivered GB premiums statewide yet and that game was announced 6 months ago. I guess you could say Pabst and Spiderman will be a small production. Seems like Batman will be limited as well being no pros. Will be interesting to see if there are any issues with the new color displays.

#1965 7 years ago

I know it's been said that this is a special release so pricing is not normal but can't help to feel priced out as well. Premiums are nice but I sure like a well equipped and fun to play pro. I bought two pro's nib in the past couple of years. That's the one thing Stern did well that nobody else could compete with. Everyone else targets the higher dollar, premium market. I guess it's a wait and see game with every release.

1 week later
#2904 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well.if a B66LE is 9599. why in hell do you think a Pre will be 14k??? Make sense!!

Looking at his user name, sounds like he is from New Zealand.

2 weeks later
#4212 7 years ago

Looks pretty good to me. I'm not real familiar with the past batman pin so it's like a new game to me. I would totally love to play one but not buying at those prices.

2 months later
#6843 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right. And in the meanwhile Stern has sold tens of thousands of pinball machines with regular DMDs for years. Way more than the "innovative" competition.
Color is a nice mod for existing games. It's a cute update for new games going forward. but it really matters very little in the grand scheme of things. This is nothing like the jump from displays to DMDs.

I totally disagree. Stern's red dmds look horrible. Video clips and many animations are almost completely unintelligible. Just a mess and no better than 20 year old displays. They got the job done and somewhat excusable when trying to build the cheapest pro possible. We accept it because there are not much alternatives. I still remember seeing WOZ for the first time. Big wow factor. Stern games at the time looked like garbage in comparison. Stern makes fun pins but color displays are a long time coming. There is so much more you can do with them presenting information, rules, and video. Dmd displays can only show one simple thing at a time. You end up having to have a long slideshow to display everything. Gameplay won't change much but I see it being a big step forward, especially for non pinheads.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.