New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (4 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (4 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (4 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (4 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5051 4 years ago

Looks okay but does look a little stripped and like a lot of missed opportunities.

Where is the upper plafield with drop target/moving bookcase revealing batpole to batcave lower playfield?

Where is the batcave exit with lowering gate/sign to fire out pinballs to start multiballs?

I'll admit if there was a few more "big" features/toys based on the iconic scenes from the show I'd have been stupid enough to go for a SLE or at least settle for a LE.

#5213 4 years ago

If only Stern put as much thought and creative effort into actually designing their games as they did hiking prices a few more of us might actually be willing or tempted into paying thier bloated prices.

I am not ashamed to say it, if BM66 actually have some creative and icon theme based toys (magnetic wall ala kiss could have been tied into the lcd with batman & robin doing the famous bat rope climb, batcave entrance/exit with drop down sign to fireout pinballs for a cool intro to bat cave multiball, where's the iconic bronze statue with secret red button? Moving bookcase/drop target on upper pf with batpols behind leading to main/a lower pf?) I would have dropped the cash for one without any complaint, but what's there is lazy IMO it was a case of well this and this didn't work on BDK what can we whack in there place? the crane was great let's keep that, job done!

Batman just looks sparse to me especially for the asking price, and before anyone thinks this is Stern bashing I love Sterns stripped down games Ironman & Avatar are two of my favourite Sterns, but the asking prices reflected that at the time.

#5216 4 years ago

Can't argue with you Ice, TWD is phenomenal and a premium is on its way to me infact, but TWD didn't come with a bloated price tag either and thanks to Lyman it's a hell of ALOT of pin for the money! GB saw a little price bump (not counting the crazy flipper prices we saw happening) but I won't comment on GB as I haven't had enough time on one.

I'm with you Ice (although a lot younger ) BM66 was close to a must have theme for me but I just feel it could have been so much more to the point I couldn't pull the trigger, if it had some of those iconic things from the show in it I would have fought you for an LE

I don't like the price hikes anymore than the next pinhead but if Stern (even JJP for that matter) are going to try and gouge us then at least make us feel like we are getting our money's worth while we are being gouged, for me personally that's more creative toys with theme integration.

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone tell me how much an LE is selling for? Is it really 9-something?

We always pay a premium here but with BM66 LEs here in the UK are £10k give or take so roughly $12.3k

#5322 4 years ago

Has anyone got HD pics of all 3 playfields to hand they could post up!? Been flicking through this thread and haven't managed to find them side by side yet. Thanks in advance.

#5331 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Don't forget the $5 spotlight in the back right corner.

Does it light up?

#5350 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

YES:
"the Bat Signal, which lights up to project the iconic winged Batman symbol onto nearby walls"
amazon.com link »

Sorry what I ment was does it light up in game? It can't just be stuck on there surely Stern must have wired it up!?

1 week later
#5641 4 years ago

The price complaints are overshadowing the overall release of yet another new pin in a time as fans we have never had so much choice and so many options and things to complain about

I am as unhappy as some others about the pricing of BM66, hell im only 30 so probably one of the youngest BM66 fans out there (used to watch it with my old man all the time) for me it was another - it will take something big to stop me from buying it theme and the price was big enough to put me off, not because I couldn't afford one but because it is not worth the asking price "to me" and it's no different to any other game, some games are worth substainly more to others, but ultimately if you don't like the pricing of a pin the best way to show your displeasure is to buy something else.

At the end of the day Stern don't care if a couple hundred Pinsiders are upset about the price and just bitching about it on pinside but if those couple hundred that would have brought the next NIB title don't and show their displeasure with their wallets then Stern is more likely to take notice.

I wanted BM66 but price turned me off so I just brought a NIB Star Trek LE for about 2k cheaper than a BM66 LE, simple solution and I couldn't be happier plus it saved me a lot of time and energy getting angry about crazy pricing.

#5665 4 years ago

I've got HD images of all 3 playfields but has Stern released their usual promo shots of all 3 cabinets/artwork? I've seen the factory tour photos but would like to see them from the same angle side by side like in the photo below of the ST lineup.

Maybe I've missed it, but I cannot seem to find it for the life of me? If it has been released and someone could provide it that would be great, thanks in advance.

IMG_7784 (resized).JPG

#5668 4 years ago

Thank you Brewin! I don't have Facebook so I continually forget to check their page, thanks for the link.

#5671 4 years ago

I turned myself off from a BM66 but damn that crane toy is pulling me back, that thing was AWESOME in BDK, just toying with the idea now of a premium (pro) or limited edition (premium), love the artwork on the LE but as silly as it sounds I don't want a damn signature on my playfield so premium I think its going to be.

#5673 4 years ago

Yeah i can get an LE if I want I know of several available when they cost £10/11000k the equivalent of $14000 here in the UK they don't sell out as fast lol.

It's just that damn crane that keeps chipping away in my mind saying "I'm awesome buy me, buy me" when I had my BDK the coffee can sucked but didn't bother me that much I enjoyed the drop and the shot through into the lock, the teeter totter ramp and upper playfield just slowed things down so removing those and adding another ramp is probably going to be great but it's that crane, IMO it's one of Sterns best toys ever!

#5677 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I asked Paul if he wanted it, he almost bit but he will stick with his LE. $8000 more NZD for the SLE over his LE. That's a lot of moolah.
The SLE will go to someone in the USA I imagine.
rd

Probably a good guess I heard someone here in U.K passed on a SLE for the same reason, the ££ jump between a LE & SLE in GBP is so high I don't think a single one is making it to our shores.

1 week later
#5764 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Hoping you're right, fearing you're wrong.

If Lyman wasn't on the code I would share your fears, but the crane toy is one of the best toys Stern has put out and even in BTDK the code for the crane itself was pretty cool and varied its behaviour as you progressed through Scarecrow MB. If Lyman is given some time to sit down with the code I feel pretty confident he will make the crane even better second time round. The crane itself is one of the main reasons I keep struggling to talk myself out of a BM66, it was the one reason I kept my BTDK for so long and BM66 has removed the two things (teeter totter ramp & upper playfield) I was not all that keen on but that crane is like pinball crack!

#5766 4 years ago

Have Stern mentioned or has anyone in the "know" heard if Stern plan on sorting out the placement of the ramp flaps over Catwoman's face?

#5769 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Given Stern's general attention to detail, I'm sure they're sharing a huge laugh over this request.

Believe me I don't plan on holding my breathe but it would be nice if something a simple as this was addressed, I am sure I remember reading that it was noted by Stern when asked at the reveal maybe and it was put down to that being purely because its a pre production build, but then again those supposed spelling mistakes on GB where going to be sorted for production games and we know how that werked owt

#5779 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whatever they pay Lyman its probably not enough.

This is certainly something everyone in this thread can agree on! If anyone deserves a new car bonus it's Lyman!

#5781 4 years ago

Has anyone heard if Stern plan to sort out the Catwoman art issue with the ramp flaps over the top half of her head? Tried posting on Facebook and via private Facebook message and clearly just being ignored, even went so far as to mention I was asking purely for some confirmation so I could pay up for an LE

#5784 4 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Wow you had the nerve to ask that several times and didn't get banned from their FB page? What's your secret?

I have no idea, maybe it was because a lovely lady friend asked (as I don't have facebook) on my behalf and shes easy on the eyes - that was half my plan

Sometimes you just got to ask and it seemed like a very reasonable question considering I am lined up for an LE and its a lot of cash for what it is. I even made sure it was worded as politely as possible and as pro stern as it could be to avoid upsetting any sensitive souls in Sterns marketing/social media team.

#5786 4 years ago

I am sure I read somewhere or heard it on a video a guy ask about it directly to George and his response was yeah that wont be rolling into production games we will have that corrected. I just cant seem to find the page or video I thought I remembered seeing/hearing it, maybe it was one of the initial reveal/tour videos, I will watch through them later.

#5797 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

It's really bizarre, maybe a lot of the candidates skipped the deposit deadline and they are trying to regroup or something. They can fix this real quick with a game play video..

I can see that being true, its a lot of cash to drop on something no one has seen flip.

But what you said is also Sterns biggest marketing problem, they fail to do the smallest and most simple of things that would help and boost customer relations massively. If they are finding people are not paying up and dropping out, then a little video of even the most basic gameplay with a little preview of the lcd in action would win over a lot of people and clear some of the doubts or concerns people have, but Stern instead do their usual and go silent and expect everything to be okay and for everyone to throw money at them.

I asked a simple question on their Facebook 3 days ago, if the ramp flaps covering half the art of Catwoman's head will be addressed and fixed for production games as I wanted to pay up for an LE, for 9k all I wanted was a simple "yes" or "no" instead its total silence

#5830 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I understand you old farts and the nostalgia factor, but was this Batman TV show even any good

Hey! Who are you calling old? I'm only 30

#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I never saw the shark harnesses when I was there ( GB was cranking) I really like " shark" as a code name for drawings!!! "BM66" would have been just as easy....but shark just sounds deadly....this is going to be fun!!!

I would bet it was code named "Shark" after one of the greatest Batman moments ever!

IMG_0851 (resized).JPG

"Robin! Hand me the Shark repellent Bat Spray!"

#5843 4 years ago

Haha awesome! Doesn't surprise me though, as the Shark spray is easily one of the most memorable and loved lines from the show along with the other classic:

IMG_0852 (resized).PNG

#5863 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Watch for the following Star Wars SuperLEs ...
100x Luke Skywalkers
100x Darth Vaders
100x Hans Solos

I'd like to see something like TF, that can incorporate all the characters nicely across a couple models and then a couple set versions for people who want something a little specific like -
Light side vs Dark side
Force Edition
Jedi Edition
Sith Edition

Either way I agree about them flying out the doors!

#5913 4 years ago

Premium or LE?

Just can't decide which art package I like better

#5973 3 years ago

Upgraded order from a premium to LE, art package and translite on the LE is awesome and finally won me over, although all the models look simply stunning!

Although the pricing is mad (& so am I for buying one ) IMO the upgrade from prem to LE is worth it.

You get some cool side rails and an some nice flake armour, signed card by Adam west is cool (I notice they don't mention those with the prems on the flyers) powder coated ramp is simple yet great touch and saves me paying to do both as I was planning to do both in my prem for some added colour, topper looks pretty cool and I'm not usually a fan of toppers but Sterns toppers are never cheap so I can see the extra $$ between the prem and LE.

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For $15k, $5k over the LE, I would hope that the SLE looks the best, lol.
The speaker panel on the SLE looks awesome. I would think that LE owners can pull off the same affect by powder coating their speaker panel and adding the speaker grills.

Acrylic cut/powder coated speaker grills have been available from 3rd party vendors for a while now so I'm sure we will see some versions offered up by various sellers.

Quoted from rai:

I realize rich people don't care about money the same way but to me the SLE has very little value. Even if I was rich I still can't see why I'd rather have a SLE instead of a LE plus a Met pro.

I ain't rich I work 2 jobs to buy what I want and I could afford a SLE but where as I see the value increase from the premium up to an LE, I don't see the value increase from the LE to SLE other than the super limited appeal (it's kind of in the name) but if that floats your boat then it's probably worth the extra 5k, personally I want to see the extra $$ in hardware and I see that on the LE over the premium which is why I upped my order from a premium to LE.

Just need those ramp flaps sorting out, for 10k it would be nice if Stern spent a little more time on the finishing touches.

#5994 3 years ago

As informative as those answers where, I think it's a lot more simple, you way over thought them

Q: Why upgrade to ceramic brakes on a Porsche 911 (for $8500.00) when the standard brakes work fine?
A: They look cool!

Q: Why do hundreds of millions of people use iPhones and iPads when alternatives exist for a fraction of the price?
A: They look cool!

Q: Why spend $65.00 on a NY strip from DelFrisco's when the $19.99 NY Strip at Outback is the same weight and provides the same calories?
A: No idea on this one, I'm not American but I guess, it looks cool on the plate

Q: Why spend $85.00/mo on a daily Starbucks coffee when you can make it at home (in a paper togo cup with lid) for about $12.00/mo?
A: Those little cups look cool!

Q: Why did I waste my time doing this?
A: Because posting random rants on pinside is cool

It's simple though we all buy what we want because we think it's the coolest/best option out there, and we all like what we like regardless of price in most cases.

Like they say "you can't take your money with you" and aslong as we love pinball Stern won't let us

#5997 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not saying I can't afford SLE but I'd far rather get what $15k would buy in two pins or else maybe a premium or LE and save / invest the difference as investment assets grow and pay dividends forever.
I've bought stocks that have paid dividends for a decade, the dividends alone have paid the purchase price and more and the stock itself has doubled or tripled as well and will pay me for as long as I'm alive or until I sell them.

Now this is my problem, I am clueless about stocks and shares, I work hard and spend hard and when it comes to saving well lets just say Stern certainly do not help

#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Apparently there is a echo effect in the top right corner of the game... because there is NOTHING THERE!

Ironman has an echo effect all over it's playfield, but it's one of Stern's best games!

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can say that again.
No, seriously.......YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!

Ironman has an echo effect all over it's playfield, but it's one of Stern's best games!

#6032 3 years ago

People have said in the past that games destined for Europe ship first, maybe someone in the know can confirm/correct that?

I am in on an LE and both distributors I know have said Jan, which I can live with its certainly a nice way to start the new year

#6038 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My distributor is saying end of Jan for my LE so would expect shipping just before Xmas which means next week for manufacturing I'd guess?

Cancel your order Neil, we don't want more than one LE in England

#6052 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Here's the real question.
Would anyone be buying this game if Lonnie were on code?

No way! I am in with a refundable deposit so I have time until a gameplay video is released to pull out or fully commit, but I wouldn't have even gone that far if Lazy Lonnie was on the rules

#6123 3 years ago

It's officially Friday in the U.K now, this afternoon cannot come soon enough!

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What time is the big reveal!
I'm ready for drinks, video and commentary.

Did someone say drinks!? Picked up these earlier today in preparation for the unboxing party

IMG_1003 (resized).JPG

#6172 3 years ago

Damn all these new posts I was sure the video must have dropped c'mon Stern show us the goodies!

#6177 3 years ago

I'm guessing that's it for today? 2 posts all day about their kickstarter book

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Looks like the ramp flap is still covering catwoman on the final playfield.

Hmmm can't say I'm happy about that! For 10k those little details matter more than ever, especially when I'm sure I remember Gomez himself saying that the issue wouldn't make it to production models

#6295 3 years ago

The overseas thing would add up, I was asked for remainder of balance yesterday, didn't see the email until this morning but unless I see some gameplay video or new images (with the catwoman art issue fixed) I'm out Stern can think again if they think they are getting 10k without showing me a thing and as for Jody he can blow me, how hard is it to answer a simple question on Facebook about the catwoman art!

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I heard again that 2nd or 3rd week of January is the expectation to start shipping. Seems pretty likely at this point. Not too far away now.

Let's hope for a gameplay video before Stern Close for Xmas. Otherwise it will be 3rd or 4th week of Jan before we see gameplay videos

#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The difference is that my information will be confirmed as being accurate next week.

I am routing for you to be right Zen, it would be great to see some Gameplay or a promo video of some kind before the holidays.

#6359 3 years ago

It's just carelessness and a lack of attention to detail and something similar has probably happened on a past release, but when your looking at charging almost double a pro and asking 10k - 15k for a pin, that attention to detail matters.

cat3 (resized).jpgcat1 (resized).jpgcat2 (resized).jpg

Rai beat me too it, so I found 2 more photos LOL

#6362 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is it just me or does Catwoman have a banana in her pants?

Maybe she is just happy to see you

#6434 3 years ago

Now that's how you end this year and start the new year with BM66 gameplay

Just wondering have you guys in the US been asked by your distributors to pay remaining/full balance?

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks. Ramp flap doesn't cover catwoman anymore. I can finally sleep at night!!

Awesome news, I haven't slept for weeks because of that now I know it's fixed I can....

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks. Ramp flap doesn't cover catwoman anymore. I can finally sleep at night!!

It might have been a small issue and trivial to some buyers, but it is great to see Stern actually giving a shit over the finer details and I applaud them for that it's the perfect show of attention to detail what with all the QC issues recently

#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just hope the SLEs aren't the only ones that get the extra wrapping for shipping,

No all BM66 LE's will be wrapped in possibly the best wrapping paper I found this Xmas

IMG_0043 (resized).JPG

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pin looks cool but I call bullshit there. Crane and Vuk. And spinner the same. Left orbit to kick out same, right orbit same. Centre ramp very much the same spot. 6 stand up targets on left... same! Stand up on right same, where crane comes to rest same.
I appreciate if you put the money into this pin that you may be overlooking that it's a bdk make over but that's what it is guys.

Actually that's exactly why I brought one! I loved the crane on my BDK but the teeter totter and upper playfield sucked big time and as much as I actually liked the joker drop and lock, always felt a satisfying shot the canister just ruined the look of the area.

So as soon as I heard the BDKVE rumours I was interested once those rumours changed to remake and the junk (teeter totter, upper playfield and canister) was all being replaced it had my full interest, if the new rotating toy is half as good and well integrated as the crane was in BDK then this pin will have 2 of Sterns best pinball toys, that's not something I need to over look

1 week later
#6963 3 years ago

It would have been nice if Stern had made a jazzy menu screen to take advantage of the LCD but I kind of like having the good old fashioned menu system, I know those screens like the back of my hand and where everything is. Maybe adding some colour to the old school menus would have been a simple but easy nod to what could come down the line.

Would be great to see Stern implement the playfield image when doing a lamp/switch test, that's was a touch of genius by JJP

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Interesting thing to note with the BM66 release... seems all (or mostly) everyone posting their machines are home customers. When GB released, their last major release, seemed operators were the first people showing off their machines.
Could it mean that most BM66's were purchased by home collectors vs ops this time due to the price raises?

BM66 was marketed as & sold as a pin for collectors. The price certainly kept the home to op ratio high.

There are a couple of operators who have said they will be putting a BM66 on route that's great because that's a big route investment so those guys are awesome!

#6990 3 years ago

Thanks Simon for taking the time to post a nice detailed review, was great to read something impartial and give genuine reasons for the bad/critisism as well as the good, nice in depth read

#6995 3 years ago

The current state of code probably has to do with the fact BM66 was rushed to meet the 30th/50th anniversaries it was originally scheduled for release after Aerosmith but Stern shuffled the releases. Aerosmith has been in development longer than BM66 which is why Aero has code that's much further along, due to the reshuffle Aero is supposedly going to release with completed code

#7015 3 years ago

I will have to buy the bat signal projector as an add on it just looks cool

I saw that Stern released a list of Aerosmith mods be interesting to see if and what they release for BM66 if anything other than the back box projector, topper for the premium (rumour is it will be different to LE & SLE) and art blades for premium owners to purchase.

#7022 3 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

On location at Robot City Games in Binghamton NY

Awesome, great to see premiums on location, the more BM66 in the wild the better

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just unboxed my topper. You just can't make this stuff up. Anyone notice anything wrong?

Holy piss poor quality control Batman!

Better use the "Anti Stern Quality Control Bat Spray" on that xfassa, be quick Batman will be running low on it at this rate

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rockville, MD
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Marco Island, FL
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside