• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (2 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (2 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (2 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (2 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm being nice, I just have no clue on God's green earth what in the heck he is saying.

He's just saying get over it. You (and I and probably most Pinsiders) think these prices are totally ridiculous. TBK is saying it doesn't matter whether or not the price is reasonable or justified. The reality is that people are spending this kind of dough and even more on pinball machines both new and old. Since people are willing to pay these prices that is what they are selling for and what they will continue to sell for until something changes (prices go up higher, bubble pops, etc...)

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

All that talk after Jpop and Skit B: "THE PRE ORDER MODEL IS DEAD!!!!"
Guess not...........suckers

You can't lump Stern in with Jpop & Skit B

Stern will deliver your game. Those others had no history of producing and delivering games. They had no idea what they were doing.
The only unknowns with Stern are if you will like the game play and just how doinked you are gonna be when major problems develop that Stern refuses to address.

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm really having trouble coming up with excuses NOT to buy it.

Read this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I anybody around here right?

you feel LEFT out?

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Who gives a shit? It's an awesome toy and they are keeping it in the game.
People get too caught up in dissecting every single tiny aspect of the game.
"But why is there a crane in the game?". Seriously just play it and enjoy it. Or don't.

Heck why bother even having a theme at all? Why not just put a bunch of random things in there. Maybe nuclear homer can be driving the crane and have Gandolf do the call outs.

#1249 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

What I see in the drawing versus the picture is that ZY used some artistry

I'm with vireland on this one. The drawn shnoz doesn't do justice to the real thing.

Anyone else creeped out by the cat at the end of the Fade video?

images (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1670 3 years ago

Maybe there should be a setting that will roll the special AW hand award back to just high scores or free games. An award every jackpot would surely end up killing the owner or at least destroy their eyesight.

#1866 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What is clear is they are intent on not allowing "flipper profit" and will price accordingly

That is like saying they are going to eliminate IP piracy in China. Meaning, there is zero chance of that happening.
There is no way for the producer to eliminate "flipper profit".
Flipper profit is consumer driven and there is always some yutz that will pay the flipper's price if the flipper is selling what they want.
Stern doesn't give a fig about flippers. They are simply trying to find that spot on the supply & demand curve where if they charge more they won't be able to sell them all and if they charge less they won't have enough to satisfy demand. The free market is what makes America great and also allows you to create a cheap piece of doodoo and charge through the roof for it.

Everybody's doing it
http://www.businessinsider.com/products-high-markups-2014-7
Go on get yourself some.

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I may not be a buyer anymore.

Only way to beat em is not to buy.

1 week later
#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hype.. followed by disappointment fueled by unrealistic/unfounded assumptions... followed by acceptance once the tempest blows out.

Maslow's hierarchy of announced yet unseen pinball machines?

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If they wanted to celebrate the 30th, they should have made a lower priced pin that all the fans could afford as a Thank You.

Maybe all of the fans should pay a little more for the 30th anniversary as a thank you for sticking it out long enough to bring the sport back.
I know around my place we give gifts to the person celebrating their birthday instead of the other way around.

Can I see by a show of hands how many people like a smart ass?

-crickets-

Oh, nevermind

1 week later
#3530 3 years ago

Hasn't this already been done?

img-thing (resized).jpg

#3911 3 years ago

Quick
Time is running out to go on record with your W - A - G and be completely wrong.
If you are right you get bragging rights.
"I was right everybody"
but if you're wrong we get to remind you of it.
"Dude, you don't know jack. Remember what you said about Batman 66?"
Don't delay.
Time's awastin.
Don't lose this chance to get your stake in the sand.

1 week later
#4916 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Hi All,
As a distributor I can say that I am both excited and cautious about this pinball. We are getting both the super LE and the "regular" LE along with two premiums. I have held off on selling any until we get them in the store. We are going to have a charity event for the unveiling of the super LE. (All proceeds to go to St. Judes cancer hospital.)

What?

If you open that SLE - you can't sell it new in box. And if you let anybody play it at your fundraising party it will be a used machine. Making any subsequent sale subject to the Stern first right of refusal buy back clause. You really want to risk it?

#4919 3 years ago

We take all our pinballs out of the box and place them on our showroom floor. We sell them and deliver them. We warranty all of our new pinballs for one full year. We run our business on the "auto dealership " model. It works for us. Our customers like to see and play several machines before they buy. That is the appeal of a brick and mortar dealership. Our customer base is within a 300 mile radius. Stern likes having brick and mortar dealerships around. It is not for everyone. Some folks like having a pinball drop shipped to them in the box. There are lots of folks who do that. We enjoy the way we do business.
-Jerry

It is an interesting cat that will pay 15K+ for a used machine.

#4927 3 years ago

Also a pinball with forty or fifty plays is not really used. It is like a car dealership who has cars on the lot with fewer than 100 miles on it, it is still considered new. Our customers do understand that it is part of our kind of dealership. We do offer new in the box if someone wants that. You may find it odd but our customers,by an overwhelming margin, want the pinball they picked out and tried on the floor.

I can see that but not for this particular machine. Unless you get someone off the street who is a complete pinball novice with a ton of dough to blow, most buyers would want this NIB. So much so that they might not even open it themselves.

I was under the impression that Stern was dealing direct with the SLE's and I didn't see any auto dealership model resale exclusion in their wacky agreement.

#4929 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After reading so many posts about people receiving defective machines with cosmetic and playfield issues right out of the box, I don't find it odd at all.
Personally I'd much rather be able to inspect the game I'm buying then have some mystery box left on my doorstep.

How many games have you, would you purchase at 15K each?

#4933 3 years ago

Also a pinball with forty or fifty plays is not really used.

40 or 50 plays is probably a little on the low side for a super rare machine set on free play especially at a party.

#4934 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I actually purchased one. And it will probably be the last. I did however inspect it and play it first. No way would have I bought it without seeing it first.

Was it NIB or a rare used game?

#4936 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

With so many dealers competing on price and just selling pinball commodities in boxes, I commend PinballAlley for creating value for their customers and doing it different. That's how you build a business.

I totally agree but I think things change when we are speaking about a game that is crazy spendy, crazy limited and one that most pinballers will never see let alone get to play.

No to mention that the crazy Stern agreement did not allow for for this particular type of sale. So does the agreement apply to all? Or just to those people who aren't distributors?

#4937 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was a HEP restored MM. A friend wanted it more than I did, so I sold it and they are still very happy with it. No defects to be found.

Probably worth every penny. HEP machines are better than new.

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

a demographic that Stern is looking to penetrate.

bandb (resized).png

#5116 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The vast majority of people who "are very rich" didn't get that way by dropping an extra $5k for for a whole lot of nothing in return.

The only thing that most people who are very rich have in common is being very lucky.

#5124 3 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

There are exceptions but most rich people do not get rich by being 'lucky', unless you consider hard work and perseverance as being lucky.

It takes hard work and perseverance just to survive. To get rich while you are doing it takes luck. To get very rich takes a lot of luck. Face it the world can not support 7 billion very rich people but it can support 6.9 billion in poverty, 99 million middle class, 900 thousand rich and 100 thousand very rich people.

If everyone did exactly the same thing that Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs or Mark Cuban did would they all end up at the same place? Nope you'd still have a ton of poor people and a lucky few very rich people.

#5144 3 years ago

Lots of people work hard all their life and die broke. All hard work guarantees is a tired and broken body.
The stories that are endlessly repeated are those of the few that end up at the top of the heap because no one wants to hear the stories of the billions that struggled all their lives and didn't finish first.

#5187 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also I still don't want to give it to JJP or Stern for the heck of it. If I may bring the name Kaneda in the discussion, he had a nice blurb about games with magic on his podcast. I've been thinking that since Transformers. The kind of magic he was talking about was games that were made in the 80's-90's. Remember the first time you saw Rudy talking in FH? Or the Mist ball on BSD? Stern games are simply missing that magic..at least it's severely watered down. Maybe that's why we're less enthused about the price increases. IT NEEDS MORE MAGIC!

You are right on the money with this. Pinball is all about magic. When you look at a machine and think, "How did they do that?" it adds to the enjoyment of the game. Imagine how cool slimer would be if you couldn't see how he was suspended. And kudos to Heighway for getting rid of the through the playfield switches.

One thing that could use improvement is hiding the wires especially for the spotlights. It looks like they made a beautiful game then rolled out the extension cord to plug the lights in. It should be doable to come up with a way to power things on the playfield without having the wires exposed and it would make a huge difference.

Oh and F#*k the troll king.

#5189 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Life isn't fair.
I just came up with that one on my own.

Exactly, it's random. Just a big game of chance.

#5245 3 years ago

Just a simple request to not add current politics to this topic.
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside