PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Expo is only a month away. I'd have to think there's a decision already about whether JJP3 will be there. My gut feels like it won't be, Hobbit needs more time to sell through.
I'm an interested buyer for JJP3, so I had to weigh when I thought it might be coming against a decision to get Batman.
In the end, I'm betting JJP3 will not be at expo and will not be here anytime soon, which then puts a Batman in my collection.

You should email this to Jack so he reveals jjp3 at expo

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Jack has said a lot in the past ... he is a salesman. I'm sure this time will be different though.
He also said 'No money up front for our 3rd title!'. That's the one statement I am curious about.

He said in the next sentence that he will need a very short preorder period to gauge interest and order parts. Like 1 month. Don't think jjp can afford to buy parts for unsold games.

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

So, send money (like, a deposit of $1K maybe?), and your game will be ready in a month? That would be a welcome change (as opposed to send full payment and wait 3 years).

Something like that. Would have been 3 years wait if it was announced when Pat joined in Jan 2014!

#1076 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

JJP is in a odd place....
If they announce #3, guaranteed some Hobbit money goes towards #3 and Hobbit sales suffer.
But if they don't announce it, #3 money will get tied up in one of the other 1000 new machines out or coming very soon ... TBL, Alien, JPOP (hahaha couldn't resist) or one of Sterns 20 new titles they're working on.
Sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of situation for JJP...
rd

True. I think batman would be a good title to go up 'against as well'.
With the increased price and limited LE models...
Would probably do a lot worse against the Aerosmith/star wars with a pro model so much cheaper.

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

but JJP's second game should have shut out Stern completely.

Holy crap.
This is the greatest thing I have read on pinside.
One does not simply 'shut down stern'

1 week later
#1738 7 years ago

1anjog (resized).jpg1anjog (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#3640 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Now just HOW MANY of the Super LE's are being made??

I guess they got a lot of SLE applications. Bloody hell. Are people still interested at 15k? For almost 3 times the amount.

#3649 7 years ago

I am looking through the press released, the they mentioned 240 units for LE, but never mentioned the SLE amount. Was it ever written by them, or was the information 'leaked out' so they could change the number like they have depending on demand?

Cannot find the number 30 on their application website either, but the word document is gone so cannot check that.

Can anyone found it written by them

Press release
---------
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL – September 15, 2016 – Stern Pinball, Inc., the world's oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball machines, proudly announced today the availability of its highly anticipated Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball machine.

Stern Pinball is celebrating its 30th year in business and the 50th anniversary of the iconic American TV series with an Anniversary Edition pinball machine featuring the world famous “Dynamic Duo” of Batman and Robin. The game will immerse players in campy fun and heart-pounding action as the crime fighting Dynamic Duo comes to the aid of the Gotham City Police. Throughout the game, Batman and Robin work to deduce clues and discover super villain plots in an effort to thwart evil plans and capture bad guys. Players are guided through the game by the voices of none other than the original Batman and Robin, Adam West and Burt Ward.

A Hall of Fame pinball development team created the all new Anniversary Edition machine. The project was inspired by Joe Kaminkow of Ka-Pow Pinball and spearheaded by Stern Pinball product development chief, George Gomez, who, along with renowned programmer, Lyman Sheats, brought the game to life.

In addition to the fun title and game experience, the machine features a full color high definition display replacing the dot matrix display. In conjunction with Stern’s new SPIKE-2 electronic pinball platform, the display enables high definition graphics and innovative animations. This enables the game to feature actual TV footage from the iconic series. The game includes a second high definition display on the playfield as part of an interactive game feature.

"We are very proud to celebrate our 30th year in business by making a 50th anniversary Batman ‘66 game in collaboration with our good friend, Joe Kaminkow. Joe, who was instrumental in starting Stern Pinball 30 years ago and served as our company’s very first game designer, is now one of the gaming industry’s leaders,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc.

Pricing and Availability:

The Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball machine will be available in Premium, Limited Edition, and Super Limited Edition models. The company has no current plans to produce a Pro model.

In celebration of Stern Pinball’s 30th anniversary and Batman’s 50th anniversary, Stern Pinball will build a Super Limited Edition model. The Super Limited Edition model also includes a one-of-kind art package plus multiple translites, a unique included topper and accessories package, and a high-fidelity 3-channel audio system that is three times more powerful than audio systems of previous generations. The Super Limited Edition model will be allocated by invitation and through an application process open to pinball collectors. Collectors can apply for a Super Limited Edition model by completing and submitting an application located at www.Batman66Application.com. Applications are due by 11:59 pm CST on September 30, 2016.

The Limited Edition model will be offered in two series of 120 games each. Each game in the first series will be named for one of the 120 episodes of the television show. Each game in the second series will be named for one of the iconic “bat gadgets” used in the series. In total, only 240 Limited Edition machines will be produced.

All purchasers who make a deposit on their game will also receive a VIP invitation to an exclusive “meet and greet” with Batman (Adam West) at the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, Illinois during the weekend of Chicago’s Pinball Expo.

Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price:

Premium Model: $US 8,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 9,999
Super Limited Edition Model: $US 14,999

The Premium and Limited Edition models of the Batman ‘66 Anniversary Edition pinball game will be available through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world. Please contact your distributor or dealer for more information. The Super Limited Edition model will be available direct from Stern Pinball.

About Stern Pinball, Inc.

Stern Pinball, Inc., headquartered just outside Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest and largest producer of arcade-quality pinball games in the world. Stern’s highly talented creative and technical teams design, engineer and manufacture a full line of popular pinball games, merchandise and accessories. Recent Stern titles include Ghostbusters, Spider-Man Vault Edition, Game of Thrones, KISS, WWE WrestleMania, The Walking Dead, Mustang, Star Trek, Metallica, The Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, Avatar, Iron Man and many more! All of Stern’s pinball games are crafted by hand and assembled by Stern’s expert team. A broad range of players enjoy Stern’s games from professional pinball players that compete in high-stakes international competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit http://www.sternpinball.com.

All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.

#3657 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

First post of this thread. Bottom of the flyer.

Whoops, Yeah you are right

That promo flyer is not on their Facebook i just checked. They could deny that its official because it wasn't posted by them. BUT
The guy running Facebook said it was 30 multiple times. Check picture

Don't think people that applied will be happy about this but I guess Stern can do whatever they want, since they haven't taken deposits for the SLE. Doesn't mean people will be happy about it though

Screenshot 2016-10-10 10.34.13 (resized).pngScreenshot 2016-10-10 10.34.13 (resized).png

#3662 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Enjoy your ban.

1c26ej (resized).jpg1c26ej (resized).jpg

#3681 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You disagreed but I would like to hear a valid reason, why is it a problem to increase the amount of SLE's?

Geez.
If you don't understand why it's not cool then you aren't going to understand the explanation.

#3688 7 years ago

If you can ignore the price rises, the drip feed reveal, The paying before seeing etc. This is part of the reason people are pissed off.

But if you look at the SLE just in isolation. If you saw you are going to sell 30 pinballs at an inflated price.... The people are buying them to be apart of an inclusive club. 30 people. A special version of the pin but you have to pay up. You are not paying 5k extra for 5k of value. You are paying 5k for rarity.

If you then almost triple the amount of pins you are making then what are you saying to those customers?
You are basically saying "f**k you. We underestimated demand and don't want to give up 750k usd in sales so we are making more"
Gary stern says they are great with numbers and won't make 81 with such a smug arrogance in his voice. What about your word Garry? Does it not mean anything? No accountability.

He has done great things for pinball but his final act is to bend you and your wallet over and take you for all you are worth.

If they can get away with this with such a nothing title (yes I know batman is cool but literally no one was talking about batman 66 before the announcement) then what hope do we have for a strong title? Star wars?

#3695 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It seems to me Stern is trying to milk as much cash as they can, as quickly as they can, as if the end of the world was in sight, or as if they did not care establishing a long-term relationship with faithful customers. I guess that as long as there is a supply of new customers with deep pockets, their business model makes sense.
Disclaimer: My personal opinion of course. I would never have even considered to apply for a $15k Stern pin. Just found the idea ludicrous.

You can't blame them for seeing what they can get away with. But changing numbers as they go along is just another level of losing a customers trust.
They said they own 98 percent of the market so they can screw with customers for ages and it will have little impact on amount of pins shipped compared to everywhere else. That's the annoying part! It's not like everyone can just jump ship like there is something else new and available. You can argue about and alien and jjp but next year stern will have 3 more pins before jjp4 and heighway3 are ready to ship.

#3724 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Interesting claim. Let's try to get an estimate of pins actually shipped by competitors since 2014
- 3000 WoZ ?
- a few hundreds hobbits
- 150 AMH
- 150 Rob Zombie (by the end of 2016)
- 50 TBL so far
- 4 Wooly, a few Nemos...
- did I forget something? Yes ! Full throttle (thanks Kim): say 100 by the end of the year?
(edit: MMr! But assembled in the Stern factory, right?)
Say 4,000 pins in total? Assuming this figure represents 2% of the market, it means 200,000 pins were sold in 3 years. Not a chance.

It was either Gomez or Gary that said it. And was about a year ago.
Doesn't really matter as the latest interview opened up with describing stern as 'the only true pinball manufacturer'

#3953 7 years ago

Don't forget the topper!
and no $5 speakers!

1 week later
#4996 7 years ago

Bit late to the conversation but a couple of pages back people where commenting on the fact that the premium looks like a pro.... The LE a premium and the SLE an LE.

Well...

20161013_114807 (resized).jpg20161013_114807 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#5582 7 years ago

Things that make me feel like an idiot:

- Putting a small deposit for Batman without seeing it, even after all of the GB insert issues.
- Putting more money into it after price was revealed and in AU there was a 2.2k price jump on the LE.
- Traveling to the US to play the machine, only to have it unplayable
- Listening to rumors all weekend that Lyman was pulling all nighters to get the machine playable at expo...when asking Lyman in person if it was true and him saying 'sorry, thats just not true, you won't play it this weekend its not ready'
- Almost a month later, still waiting to see the machine playing!

#5662 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sooooo wheres this gameplay video??
Can someone get the famous 7 year old boy to write a gameplay review?

Hehe. I know you joking but just it put this to rest there where no balls in the machine. And I believe it was also not on Freeplay. People think the machine was there for 3 days and no one pressed start but a 7yo kid? I pressed start about 100 times myself.

#5695 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

True. But you'd think they would want to showcase their most current lineup. 3 GBs really?

Short ball times = more people playing

1 week later
#5898 7 years ago

More batman pics. Also... The pro exists!

20161014_150455 (resized).jpg20161014_150455 (resized).jpg

20161013_114017 (resized).jpg20161013_114017 (resized).jpg

20161013_114807 (resized).jpg20161013_114807 (resized).jpg

20161013_182729 (resized).jpg20161013_182729 (resized).jpg

20161013_182930 (resized).jpg20161013_182930 (resized).jpg

#5943 7 years ago

What's with the phone on the PF. It's completely Red with no textures or anything. Thought it was a prototype at expo but the flyers look the same...

Edit:
Ok I'm an idiot. It's exactly what the phone looks like in the show

1 week later
#6140 7 years ago

If the video comes, I am guessing it will be a promo style video and not a recording of actual gameplay?

It would be really hard for them to mess that up. You can make every pin look amazing if you are editing the video...

#6173 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Any chance our first video could be from Dead Flip/Jack Danger from the Stern factory like we saw with GOT and GB?

Probably would have been announced by now if it was

#6189 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Who needs a video??? We will all be playing on our own Batman 66 machines in a few weeks. Happy holidays.

Someone like me who is is in on his first NIB and wondering why!

#6204 7 years ago

Looks like the ramp flap is still covering catwoman on the final playfield.

FB_IMG_1481432899869 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1481432899869 (resized).jpg

#6210 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where was this pic from?

Gomez

1 week later
#6483 7 years ago

Can anyone list the shots on the rotating disc at the top?
Is there 3 sides or 4?

1. 2 targets on each side... With a shot with a 1 way gate that hits target and possibly drains to the left orbit. Had batmobile on top

What are the others?

#6594 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..oh man, that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

Yeah the jazz music is not my thing and I have an LE ordered. Will wait for the actual game play...hope they aren't talking on top of the game too much

#6607 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

How much of the original series have you watched my young friend

I watched 6 episodes on the plane to expo. Theme song was stuck in my head all week.
Yes.... I think I'm too young to appreciate this pin

#6771 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Some Multiball action and the newspaper high score. » YouTube video
GAP - My wife (jokingly) said bullcrap when she saw your grand champion score. She is on a mission now.

Is the Catwoman insert ghosting? (at about 30 seconds)

#6800 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Hmmm....good eye. Not sure what is going on with that insert.

Sorry. I mean the one in the middle of the playfield. Seems to be flickering....talking about the LED.

I guess ghosting is the wrong term to use

#6935 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looking foward to the code getting posted on tuesday. If it works with pinball browser it will be good to hear all the callouts that are in there.

Probably will need an update for spike 2

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider falconpunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=falconpunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.