New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (4 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (4 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (4 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (4 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Technically there are more than one but they all must go through Starburst.

Nope, there are Stern resellers, but Starburst is the distributor.

1 week later
#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm not saying you can't be a fan of ZY, just that he is at his best when not trying to draw acceptable human faces. Every artist has a weakness. Human faces is clearly his, but his cartoon art and fantastical forms are great.

Lol, talk about ignorance. Just make s^#% up as you go.

ZY art examples from his website.
77940610288583.560e275ae8a99 (resized).png

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Here. Using the one you provided with the real life pic it that clearly inspired it, you can clearly see the nose problem (the drawn one is more bulbous at the end, angled wrong left to right, and pointing down more abruptly). It's a small detail, but it throws off the image and is a common kind of problem in the faces I've seen of his. Things like the lips being thinner and a little wider can be chalked up to artistic license because they don't negatively affect the overall image, but the nose issue here messes up the geometry of the face, making a lesser positive impression than it should.

You're crazy. You are so focused on defending your position that ZY can't draw faces that you are literally taking very small minor differences between another face drawing versus actual picture to say he can't draw faces. I'm just not seeing much credibility with this point of view. With such extreme criticisms you should obviously go with clip art on your pins. Cause obviously the magic girl and AIW women drawings and faces were terrible as well, and the Bill Murray print above, etc, etc etc.

What I see in the drawing versus the picture is that ZY used some artistry (surprise surprise) which also includes a slightly different perspective from which the face is shown; as in from the right side a bit as opposed to from straight on. And this easily accounts for the way the nose was drawn and the differences on the left to right side. It is also supported by the shadowing on the left side of the skin on her forehead, neck and upper chest. Basic stuff here. And imo ZY made the eyes look even better than the original.

1 week later
#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He's a shill. That's all he needs to go by. 100% supportive of Stern no matter what the facts show.

Says the super jjp nuthugger.

#2243 4 years ago

All the hate is ridiculous. And funny. The keyboard warrior rage and hyperbole is very impressive. Pretty much the antithesis of the Pinside community rules too.

I don't see a BM66 theme game getting made unless it was a boutique edition. Seems to me that Stern has taken an opportunity to try something new. It looks like BM66 will be just fine from a success standpoint except for Pinside, which is a very small slice of the pie. I hope people like their pin and that it is good and fun. BM66 isn't a theme for me, but with this success I can think of more than a few other fringe themes that I would love to buy and would have enough support for a similar boutique edition. I look forward to reading the owners thread where I can get actual pinball info.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean like Gary Stern and Ka-Pow ! Pinball ?
LTG : )

It can be taken many ways, and each has merit. There are many new things going on here for Stern at least. For me, I was most interested in seeing Stern doing a fringe theme, something they haven't done in a long time. To do it with BM66 they make small amounts at a higher price, giving the enthusiast, buyer and everyone more opportunities. It's a very specialized theme. Not for me either, but wow, if BM66 is successful for Stern it would be great to get more fringe themes made into machines. Would be great. Price may be less than optimal, but that's a separate conversation for me.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

We are making fun of the grovelling people begging for their precious SLE's.

Sour grapes are the lesser man's fruit. So awesome you are.

#2766 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was just now told my deposit goes non-refundable immediately without seeing anything of the game. My distributor is a good guy and he said this was a directive from Stern. I told him I understand but I was insulted and I just dropped out.

Who's the distributor?

Disappointing to put it mildly. I'd never put a deposit down before seeing a game that wasn't refundable. But I think we're preaching to the choir here.

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's this forum in a nutshell. Already people are trying to shout down the Jpop critics, just like the first time. History showed who was right on that one.

LOL. It's not JPOP, it's AP. It's not black and white either. Frankly I see the JPOP critics and haters dominating most threads here. And most of it is the same small group.

You are tied in with another manufacturer and consistently post negative comments towards competitors. Such actions are toxic. It's like water off a duck's back with conflict of interest and what should be basic deference towards your manufacturer and his reputation. I'm sure Andrew loves being associated with you.

#3050 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, wouldn't that be statistically highly likely, given that the group of people making up his supporters in the entire world numbers maybe two or three?

LOL. The world is not black or white. You'd think the Houdini thread alone would have blown that mindset out of the water, but I guess not.

2 weeks later
#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I need to see a good gameplayvideo but so far i cannot discover what is so special in this game?
It is just another stern pin.

It's a dream theme for a certain small demographic. It will sell well and quickly to them and was never made to be a big seller to the masses. Stern set it up that way from the start and they've been very successful so far as limited models went very fast. I never thought I would see a BM66 theme. I don't care for the theme either, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why it's special to some.

2 weeks later
#5366 4 years ago

I just see most people picking up one of their pet causes and using it to complain about BM66. It includes typical Stern haters, price/features complaints, price complaints, art complaints, model designation complaints, design complaints, etc. Yet BM66 was a big and fast seller for Stern. That should be a hint to think of the bigger picture. Let me do that here.

Yes, many people can complain about many things and this thread is the epitome of it. But stepping back, I see a theme (BM66) I thought would never be made. Wow. And I'm very happy to see it get made. The limited models pretty much sold out very fast and Stern's sale numbers were met easily. I think that's a win for pinball and thus a win for pinball consumers. Because even if the theme is not for me (it isn't) or you or most people, its success means I now see the potential for other obscure themes to be made; maybe in the future one of my own boutique personal dream themes. And by all means I'd be happy to pay extra for that, rather than not have it made at all.

The other related stuff people have been focused on here is ancillary, deserving only a brief mention in this BM66 thread as it applies to pinball in general, not just BM66. These much more broad topics should be discussed in their own threads. Sadly, it's 95% of this BM66 thread.

In the end, if you have a big beef about BM66, that is because it wasn't made for you and you weren't the target audience. The theme has sold very well to its target demographic and in the numbers Stern was hoping to get. Let's move on and focus on the game itself. This has been by far the most negative release I've seen or read about (and yet successful). Especially the post-whore complainers saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

1 week later
#5512 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No justification, just how I treat these things.....I don't pay more than anything is worth to me...." worth to me" being the operative....

Bud, never engage someone who ignores income and also tells you how to spend your money.

3 weeks later
#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's funny I paid $5200 for a like-new Met pro plus color DMD and full chrome legs and rails.
I realize rich people don't care about money the same way but to me the SLE has very little value. Even if I was rich I still can't see why I'd rather have a SLE instead of a LE plus a Met pro.

Duh, it's because such rich people will already have what they want, be it in your example the MET Pro or more likely LE. This isn't rocket science.

3 weeks later
#6518 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

blah blah blah trying to shame BM66 buyers blah blah blah

C'mon. Sour grapes are the lesser man's fruit.

1 week later
#6781 3 years ago

LOL. Karazy pinsiders will latch onto anything for negativity. Pics and vids of the game coming out, looks great and I'm seeing lots of enthusiasm. But one needs a new point to bitch about. Off with Stern's head since the topper did not ship at the same time. Haha. Serious? Haters going to hate. Welcome to pinside, where the community rules no longer mention "be positive".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Marco Island, FL
$ 7.95
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
€ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rockville, MD
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Machine - For Sale
Apple Valley, CA
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 179.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside