New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167575)

Batman 66 by Stern new info

By GAP

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,142 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who was the Hottest woman to play Catwoman”

• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (4 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (4 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (4 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (4 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (4 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Luckily there are many other options now so plenty of places to go spend NIB dollars.

No, there aren't. There's JJP who puts out a half-finished game every 4 years, and there's a bunch of other companies who don't have experienced software guys.

The only company that can consistiently put out good games, with the ability to produce the quality software today's players demand, is Stern.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you talking about?
I can go order WOZ or Hobbit right now and have it well before BMDK66prem is available.
I can go order FullThrottle and get it in a couple months at most or direct from Cointaker right now.
I can go Aliens and guessing those will be availabel by year end also.
I can go grab a RZ which seems there are a handful of NIB available on the secondary right now.
I can go order Dominos and likely get it before the end of the year.
I would say those are lots of options. So far, none of those have damning pf issues and all of them have decent code or great code currently.

Sorry, none of the amateurs know how to make code like the Stern guys. Not even close.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't call Keith Johnson an amateur....

Neither would I.

But they put out one game every 4 years.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have not played them enough IMO.
Full Throttle code is fantastic and fits the theme and gameplay perfectly. Very well coded foundation that only needs minor polish and is apparentlty getting it. Same guy is coding Aliens and he definately knows what he is doing.
WOZ is well coded and complete(?)
Hobbit has pretty good code currently and appears to be getting regular updates.
Rz code is much improved since v10 and is getting real legs.
When I look at the Stern games of recent, only GB and TWD are what I would consider good code. The other games of recent past have some flaws, bugs, and are far from finished. (KISS I am looking at you currently)

I will disagree. I've played plenty of the amateur games and they just don't have it from a code perspective.

You wouldn't consider GOT good code? It's genius.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Keith Johnson is the Yoda of pinball programming. There are other guys that are good, some are Jedi's at the craft but he's the grand master His code work on WOZ and TH is far more unique / complex then anything else out there.
Its also very impressive that Keith manages to crank out regular substantial code updates for TH (as he did for WOZ) that uses the most complex pinball platform to date while other companies may only put out one update every six months (if that).

Do I need to spell this out for you?

Dutch. Heighway. Spooky. Whomever else I'm leaving out. They don't have pro software guys. Any serious player who has put time in on these games will tell you that.

And JJP does, but they have TWO games now in 5 years.

Stern still has no serious competition.

I will post this 2X in case you missed it (again)

Do I need to spell this out for you?

Dutch. Heighway. Spooky. Whomever else I'm leaving out. They don't have pro software guys. Any serious player who has put time in on these games will tell you that.

And JJP does, but they have TWO games now in 5 years.

Stern still has no serious competition.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Rediculous, but not surprised. 5K was my cap. Time to find another outlet for my expendable income.

There are literally hundreds of pinball machines you can acquire for under $5K. Why not give one of those games a shot before going the hookers n blow route?

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I am going to pretend this "Super LE" doesn't even exist. Its really not smart to announce it to the public anyway when the public can't get it.

The_Cartmanland_Amusement_Park (resized).jpg

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, didn't mean to essay, pent up pinball angst.

You can say "buy Alien" in so many fewer words next time.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But if it's just going to generate whining I can find other uses for my time.

No you can't.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot of us would be willing to do that if they were really going to make the ramps we need.

Struggle Buggies has ramps?

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

All that talk after Jpop and Skit B: "THE PRE ORDER MODEL IS DEAD!!!!"
Guess not...........suckers

I don't think that really counts for Sterns.

People have a reasonable expectation they will actually receive a pinball machine from Stern.

To be safe someone should probably snatch Gary's passport though.

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I will eat a live bat if this isn't just a re-skin of the 2008 game that no one really cares about.

Yeah, it's going to be basically the same game, or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the crane

It's funny the crane is a pretty pedestrian feature on an undistinguished game. I haven't heard so many comments about how awesome it is until this thread.

1 week later
#1750 4 years ago

It's kind of awesome.

I Am genuinely curious to see if they can move these games at these prices.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Why do so many people have a hard time understanding this is not a regular release and can not be used as an indication of anything for normal releases? This is a boutique, special anniversary game and has an appropriate price to go along with it. It's not for everyone and that is understandable. What is not understandable is the number of crybabies here...

Why is it so hard to understand that if Stern has zero trouble selling 30 $15,000 games and 250 $10,000 games, and a shitload of $8,500 games, they aren't gonna see any need to roll back their prices, and in fact, it would be silly to do so?

I think that concern is understandable to most understanding folks.

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who said they are going to sell a "shitload" of $8,500 premiums?
Besides, these are the MSRP prices.

I said "if."

And how much lower can we expect street price of the premium to be? Maybe $8000? That's still significantly more than their old LE point. The Super LE we can assume will actually cost $15,000 since it's straight from Stern.

IF this is a success, It's pretty clear to me this is new pricing. I guess the Pro will be around $6000-6500 street price on the next model as well. And clearly you haven't seen the last "Super LE" either if these actually do sell out with customers humiliating themselves by begging for them on video.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but this is a big deal in terms of theme for a lot of people (not me), guys who grew up with the show, more modern geeks and so on, I doubt Aerosmith SLE/LE/Pre would sell out at these prices. but this could be the new norm, Stern hasn't specified that, I do know that those prices are closer to what we have pay up here and it has affected sales, unless Stern keeps pumping out themes that will cause people to suck it up I just don't see it lasting.

Stern has never - in history - raised prices, only to lower them with a subsequent release. They didn't do it for previous shitty themes (CSI, WWE) so I don't see why we should expect that for an Aerosmith game (I still can't believe that one is actually going to happen).

The only real mystery is the new price of a pro - I expect it will be $6000-6500.

#1884 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

According to swinks record of MSRPs, they did. After Avengers with Metallica. Also from TWD Pro to WWE Pro.

I don't think that was an actual real world adjustment.

#1887 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's possible. It seems the relationship between Stern and their distributors is a secret, mystical world.

True. And you gotta wonder how distributors feel about being cut out of stern's biggest cash grab yet.

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

To be fair to Stern they are not targeting this at operators with this game. They are after Iceman and his mates!

There are certain operators and establishments out there who DO buy this stuff. I know of plenty LEs on location, and there's even two Big Bang Bars out there that I know of.

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

November / 2012 / Avengers / Pro / $5699
April / 2013 / Metallica / Pro / $4995

Did that really happen? In that the street price for these games dropped by $700?

#2056 4 years ago

I'm dying to know how Stern plans on enforcing the "You can't sell your game to anybody but us for 18 months" thing on the mega super LEs.

It's ridiculous...even considering the spiraling standards of this entire bizarre promotion.

#2109 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was really hoping they released something today since today is "Batman" day.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/09/01/about-batman-day-2016
Maybe on Monday? I hope some additional info (leaked or official) shows up before expo.

And I was not informed?!

My face book feed is supposed to keep me up to date on these phony Baloney nonsense promotional holidays.

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Do the watch companies/auto makers come up with a Ron Hubbard style personality test or just sell to people that have the money ?

Snob appeal is nothing new and its a classic advertising technique - one Stern has been using to great benefit since they started with their LEs. Plenty of car, wine, food, and whatever companies try to appeal and sell to people who "have the money."

Listen to the classical radio station sometime if you want to see what I mean. I used to wake up to it but I got tired of ads that went like "You didn't fight your way into that Central Park West condo just to drink subpar Champagne..."

#2485 4 years ago

Looks nice!

I'm in! Throwing together my video as we speak.

There will be nudity.

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Wait...They are using existing art ('almost' identical if saying that keeps us from bogging down) from toy boxes for the playfield??
....huh?
I mean, I like the theme, like the art and may be in on this once code is complete and I've played it a bunch...But...Seems strange to not have completely new art on a pin that is going to test the bounds of pinballers rationalization abilities...?

Not exactly a shocker. This helps with cost, and of course also with licensing to use stuff that already exists. Stern does this all the time. Their SpidermanVE was existing clip art, and so was their Rolling Stones game (I think the art came off a Rolling Stones board game). Both would have been better served with original art, as would this game, but hey, what do you want for $15,000?

#2592 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is "original" art from the "original artist" who Stern hired and brought on for this project, not a cost cutting move.
Is JJP revealing #3 at Expo Crazy?

I don't know, I guess we'll find out at Expo. All of this advance gloating is unseemly.

If this is "original" art from an "original artist" why is it "the same" as a "product" that has already been "released?"

Or is that inaccurate? I haven't been following this as closely as you.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's been released on a toy box with Moebius and modified for the pin and integrated with the other artists on the project.
Anybody ever seen those toys in the marketplace?
Why would you totally reinvent the character art that already looks awesome? Wait until you see the overall package, the characters are just part of it and look great.

What I've seen looks great.

If I spent $15,000 on a pinball machine I'd probably not want to see the exact art on some cheap toy box at the same time.

I've never bought an NIB game and I'm not gonna start now so it's kind of moot anyway.

#2624 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Predicting "Star Trek 66", a rehash of the STLE with a slightly different toy enterprise, similar photoshop treatment, and seizure-inducing price.
Uber limited "Doomsday Machine" topper only $5k more!
Better hurry up Stern, Shatner could keel over any day now!

Oh shit.

I'd have to buy one. Really.

Unless PPS did a similar retheme for the STTNG game first!

Better get this shit done while Shatner is still alive.

#2638 4 years ago

I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more, the Autotune discussion (which is loaded with bullshit frankly, anybody who has seen Black Sabbath in concert knows ain't nobody using any pitch correction), or the gif/Browser debate.

I'll go with gif/browser. For now.

#2645 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Too much generalization. I've played in many bars with many bands over the years. Not one note has ever been pitch altered or shifted by a sound man--if we were even lucky enough to have one. Not many bar bands can afford a sound man.

Vid is out of his mind. Bar bands aren't pitch-shifting live, and the majority of BIG rock bands in arenas aren't either. I've been to hundreds of shows and heard plenty of bum notes - watch any video of KISS over the past few years and this is painfully obvious. Live pitch shifting causes TONS of problems, not limited to the singer sounding like a robot. It stands out when bands do it - I saw a Toto video on youtube where the singer sounded absolutely ridiculous. Would have been better off just going off key.

The pop acts that would do it are just miming to tape anyway.

Vids' bullshit is causing my browser to crash.

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Joking aside, I'd much rather have some great hand drawn images nicely composed, even if they were pulled from other sources, over some photo montage or poorly drawn original art.

With Stern's Rolling Stones, you got both!

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the pic with Eugene Jarvis playing i can see a black metal apron with triangular holes to hold backlit light panels and a kick back hole.

True but

A) lol
B) for a prototype they might use any old apron they have laying around

#2769 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was just now told my deposit goes non-refundable immediately without seeing anything of the game. My distributor is a good guy and he said this was a directive from Stern. I told him I understand but I was insulted and I just dropped out.

I don't know dude...I think you made a big mistake!

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's already started - CV's can't even sell for $6k right now, and just a year ago it was $7k and above, even higher before that. Tron LE has dropped quite a bit, although of course not as old. Seeing many older, A titles just not being able to get the prices they were just a year ago.

Cherry picking and nonsense.

I know a guy who paid $6500 for a beater CV yesterday.

THe big collapse across the board that people have been predicting for 15 years isn't happening anytime soon, sorry.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't see it either because there are buyers and there are players. The only collapse I could see happening is if a few of the new companies making pins go out of business. I'd say used prices won't go down though especially with rising NIB prices.

Right. Any "collapse" or bubble pop is gonna be in the industry, not in the collector market. I'm pretty dubious about the industry - which 5 years ago had one company limping along selling $4500 games - having the ability to support 6 companies putting out new $7,000+ pins, but I also couldn't care less. That's never what's driven pinball for 90% of us.

#2851 4 years ago

At the end if the day stern is still the only company with any kind of solid credibility. We all know BM66 buyers will have their games soon.

The rest of this stuff is just a sideshow as far as I'm concerned. You'd be nuts to have any faith or make a financial committment to this Houdini nonsense and god knows when or if any of these other games will actually ship.

Plenty of "air" will be back for stern once they reveal.

#2855 4 years ago

People are still waiting for MMRs and hobbits they paid for years ago.

Stern is the only reliable mass producers of pinball machines at this point and that's a big reason the bm66 reveal will be the biggest deal.

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to believe the pinball industry can't take a hit.
If somebody is paying $6500 for a CV "beater" then that person has zero patience or just clueless. Makes my GBLE look like a bargain

The "industry" isn't 20 year old games, it's the 6 pinball companies attempting to sell $7,000+ brand new machines to consumers and operators.

The collector hobby is completely different, and it isn't going to collapse. In fact, it'll be the last thing to go, and if that happens we are all gonna have a mess of more important problems in our lives.

I don't care what happens with all of these companies and the "industry" you keep confusing for the hobby. The bottom isn't gonna drop out of the vintage classic market.

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The "collector hobby" is the only thing keeping the "industry" going.
Everybody that has multiple pins is a "collector". Whether they are "new" or "vintage".
Whether you have 12 pins or 120 pins, you "collect" them because you can't play them all the time.
The "vintage" market can certainly experience a downturn. Especially if more people desire the new "industry" pins that you care nothing about.
What is "vintage" today? EM's?

Do you get "paid" by the "quotation mark?"

Even when "Stern" was limping along and "in" serious doubt of "suriving," prices on classic 90s games "were" still healthy.

That won't change. It has never changed. The "industry" can collapse in part and that won't change.

""

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Yes"
They were still "healthy" then because there was NOTHING else to buy. Get it?
Many more options today. The vintage games were more desirable than the crap Stern was pumping out

Great. I get it.

We'll see if that continues. As the supposed ongoing "collapse" of the vintage market is still completely in your imagination, we'll have to see what happens in the long run. I see some of these new companies going away a long time before I see people giving away their 90s classics.

#2870 4 years ago

The generally accepted definition of "vintage" is 25 years. In case you haven't noticed, the 90s games are either there or getting there quickly.

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok now you are just making shit up.

Honestly, I've decided that's just the way to roll around here. Everybody else is doin' it.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This thread is now called the Levi and Ice show.... just stop.

Thanks for your valuable contribution!

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Sorry but you can never help if someone overpays - why didn't your "guy" buy this one for $6k - even if it was shipped it would have been cheaper, and it certainly isn't a "beater" by any stretch of the imagination:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-2016
And I had mine listed for $6,500 for a few months recently - and in even better condition than the above with no playfield issues.
To pay $6,500 for a "beater" CV at this point is greatly overpaying. Period.

It was in better shape than that, and it wasn't 700 miles away.

Does anybody have any more questions about this one? There really seems to be a lot of interest.

If you REALLY care, PM me and I'll tell you exactly where the CV in question is (it's a public location), you can go play it yourself, and you can lecture the buyer on the actual value of his CV and the current state of the fluctuating pinball market, and why in fact, games like CV will soon be worth pennies on the 2016 dollar.

He'll be fascinated, I'm sure.

#2939 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It was in better shape, but was a "beater"? Huh? What exactly is your definition of a "beater"??
What would you call your STTNG that you are selling then - a hideous disaster that belongs in a landfill?

My friend bought what he called "a beater" CV for 6500.

This is not my problem. It's not your problem. This has nothing to do with me, nor any machines I'm selling. If you would like details and photos of that machine, please visit my marketplace ad:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39626

The things people choose to pick fights about here never cease to amaze me. You seem angry that you had trouble selling your CV. This wasn't my fault, it wasn't my friend's fault, and it wasn't my STTNG's fault. Maybe it was just bad timing. Maybe the location wasn't right. Maybe people just don't like you. I have no idea why. But the market on classic 90s B/W games remains strong, and it will remain strong, in my opinion.

You and others are free to disagree, and we will just have to leave it at that. I don't even know if you disagree with me - all you want to talk about is a random CV that changed hands last week. Puzzling.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

LOL - I seem angry about selling my CV? Not sure where you got that from. No one is picking a fight, either - you seem to not be very perceptive about people's intentions. I simply used a CV as an example of a pin whose price has dropped in the last year - and then you are making it sound like I said the world is coming apart and pins are going to be sold for pennies on the dollar. Re-read everything I said - I was simply pointing out that prices were coming down. Is that such a horrible thing to say? And somehow WE are picking fights with you?! And then you chime in with your example of a "beater" CV that "a friend" picked up for $6,500, yet somehow it's now better than the relatively nice CV's that are listed.
Let's get to the point - everyone here knows what happened - either you exaggerated the "beater", or you are now exaggerating that it's in nice condition. It's one of the two. You already tried to deflect in this post by now saying it's your "friend" who called it a "beater", but you were quick to stand up and say it's nicer than the others.
I challenge you to find another person on here who would agree with you that a CV in "beater" condition is currently worth $6,500. No one will agree with you.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Is that Ed Robertson? Getting a little inside info?

Yes.

The bar for "celebrity" is apparently incredibly low in pinball when it comes to special privileges afforded.

#2962 4 years ago

Like I said when someone pointed out the game has a kickback - they routinely use parts from other games all the time on these protos. This photo shows us nothing beyond the fact that for some reason the Barenaked ladies guy gets free reign over at the Stern factory.

#2988 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He knows all this... it was more a jap at Stern in general. A poor one.. but its not for lack of knowing who Ed is.

You are both wrong.

Bare naked ladies are a terrible band and that silverball song is atrocious.

Ryan Adams or Slash weren't available?

#2995 4 years ago

I didn't know Ed was a respected pinsider.

I apologize for slagging his successful band.

It's not my cup of tea but that's not his problem.

Can I still say that Dave Mathews band is annoying and sucks? Dave doesn't post here, does he?

#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

It was early 80's but tied up for years in legal battles before publicly available again in the 90's for viewing. I was a kid and my Dad pirated on the Sony Beta so I grew up watching it often. Oh the memories but for anyone that hasn't seen it? See it. It doesn't feel dated to this day and YES to a pin for that theme.

Now that's some good nyborg!!!

#3025 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You lie more than Hillary.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Sorry not sure if you could hear me, my mic was tampered with.

And we've all gotten good deals if we've been around long enough, there are plenty of threads about them.

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Rarehero and I go back to RGP days. Two things I know. He does not lie and its often his taillights you will see when pulling up to buy a game. CrazyLevi also.
My guess is anybody with five years or less in this hobby would shit if they knew about some of our deals.

It's true. We got shit cheap and sold amongst ourselves cheap. And the people who got in before I did with their container deals were getting AFMs for 500 bucks. I was happy getting 'em for $2500 on the reg.

#3077 4 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Agree with all that, except Lawlors game is not a wide body.

It's not?

That's actually the best news I've heard about this project.

If they can get rid of the gigantic TV screen in the head we'd really be cooking with gas.

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, HUO a little higher I guess, but not by much...still, I had a HUO T3, previously owned and autographed by the writer of the movie...I could barely move it at $2300 a couple years ago.

That signature couldn't have helped - that script was terrible!

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And the rails! I'm tired of playfields resting on anything but pegs. Peg me Jack, Peg me.

LOL. I think you might be unfamiliar with what "pegging" is. Hint: Jack probably wouldn't want to do it to you.

#3112 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...still, it's kinda neat when a game has an interesting history. I bought my No Good Gofers from Marty Ingels, the voice of Pac-Man in the 80's cartoon...sure, it has nothing to do with the game, but I like that the game has that story attached.

I sold a Dirty Harry to the guy who wrote Die Hard 4.0 or whatever it was lol.

He also wrote the last Planet of the Apes movie which was pretty damn good. The game is in his office so I can only conclude it helped him write better scripts.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

This should be in the LGBT thread.

That's actually not true - pegging is a hetero activity as much as anything else.

#3268 4 years ago

The cargument phenomena is bizarre. I think people just feel that EVERYBODY deals with cars every day, so it's the easiest thing to make an analogy to, even when most of them are complete fallacies.

Cigarettes aren't cars.
Guns aren't cars.
And pinball machines certainly aren't cars. When you try to compare them in an argument they simply do not hold up to even cursory logical examination.

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and a hell of a nice guy! Always cheerful!

Boris Karloff does not deserve to smell my shit!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#4078 4 years ago

that game reminds me of a pair of JAMZ! Shorts from back in the day.

#4214 4 years ago

one for the "You ooze, you loose" file....

"Villain" ain't spelled right on the TV.

#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is amazing that everybody that works at Stern and saw and worked on the pin on a daily basis can't f ing spell right!
Nobody noticed it. Wow

To be fair, wasn't "The Typo!" one of the less famous Batman Villains?

#4239 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,question,i'm not familiar with BDK,so what does that crane do???Anybody???

It just sits there, doesn't move or anything.

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

You mean your BM66 Premium?
'Cause that's what you're getting.

Your comment is Tough but fair.

1 month later
#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know you posted this several days ago, but I would really be interested to see the application and video you submitted to be so kindly offered an opportunity to purchase one of these rare machines.

Plenty of people were offered this hot exclusive without having to demean themselves with a video. It was a lot of hype as usual.

1 month later
#6586 3 years ago

Looks killer as usual.

Laughing my ass off at people continuing to bring in the amateur boutiques when complaining about stern games and prices. Totally different ballgame - pros vs Joes and you all know it.

#6597 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..oh man, that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

Good point! I know that everybody I know who ordered one is SHOCKED and upset that the music on this pin appears to be completely in line with the original show and theme.

This is gonna be like when everybody canceled their Ghostbusters order when they found out the Ghostbusters song was in the pin.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. But really, there are two camps on that. Some people like them to play lightning fast, and others like the slower and calmer. It is always funny to go to someones house when they say they are a great player, and find their games to be slow and easy. To each their own.

Slow ain't easy.

I don't like shallow games as it's harder to control the ball with the flippers. Steep games are much easier for a skilled player and more fun as well.

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Question for those that have the game? What is the code version? Do you ever hear the Joker laughing, The penguin's distinctive cackling etc? The game seems to be full with good music, which I like, but light on call outs and taunting from the villains. I hope that is just a result of early code.

These questions have all been answered. Read through the last few pages.

#6818 3 years ago

Well, Data east was first with a dmd so they (now stern) get some slack!

It's kind of irrelevant anyway nobody really cares about LCD. It's a pretty insignificant "innovation" in the scheme of things.

#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Randy @ ColorDMD would tell you otherwise.. he's made a business of selling the shit out of LCD's for pinball machines of all ages.. there are very few people out there who would rather have a DMD versus a ColorDMD and colorization ROMs.

Right. And in the meanwhile Stern has sold tens of thousands of pinball machines with regular DMDs for years. Way more than the "innovative" competition.

Color is a nice mod for existing games. It's a cute update for new games going forward. but it really matters very little in the grand scheme of things. This is nothing like the jump from displays to DMDs.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a clip show, man. I'm REALLY hoping for custom animations in updates, because right now it's the laziest thing ever.
People saying that Stern has to raise prices to "account for development cost with the LCD" aren't looking at what the LCD is actually doing. It's removing the need to create art. Instead some intern can just chop up video into 3-4 second clips and they throw it on a solid state drive. An LCD is also cheaper than a DMD to produce. If the LCD is going to be just a bunch of video clips and there's no custom animations or clever uses for the display, it's a step backwards for pinball.
The high score newspaper thing is neat. It's just 32 years old. But lots more of that style of integration would be nice. That's easy stuff though. Let's see some animations. Let's see some custom art.

JJP, Spooky, and Dutch Pinball have all shown good amounts of custom art in their games. I just hope that we don't backslide to the easy out and just beat players over the head with lazy video clips.

Ha I totally forgot about that! Loved this game on my C64 but by the time you got to Friday there was so much shit moving on the screen the computer couldn't handle it.

I don't think anybody really cares about "who did it first" it's still nifty. Can't get hung up on that.

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You really do have a point. I have to say its much easier for Stern to create content for their version of an LCD implementation. It's basically a bunch of editing video clips with some pasted scoring and info bubbles. No need to create custom dots or other unique artwork. They have found a way to cut costs with development time in the display it seems. Hopefully it will only get better with time.

I trust these guys. Stern employees the most talented, dedicated people in the business - many of whom happen to be top players. They know what a good pinball machine is and aren't just making it up as they go along.

Have a little faith.

or just whine about issues past, perceived slights, or games you aren't gonna buy, whatever works for ya pinside!

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I noticed Atari 2600 was not on your list. Is it safe to assume you are still playing that system?
Speaking of dots, an off topic plug for an amazing homebrew version of Atari 2600 Pac-Man. This releases made up for the original piece of crap by Atari. I was so disappointed as a kid after my hard earned grass mowing dollars went to the Atari release of Pac-Man.
ยป YouTube video

Looks like they just hacked the 2600 Ms. Pac-Man, which was actually splendid.

And yes the 2600 Pac-Man was terrible. My family got it...on pre-order LOL. We got it months after everybody else and by then we already knew it sucked. And yet the pre-order scam continues decades later...

#6913 3 years ago

I really hope they have those voice call outs in the can already!

To put it gently Adam West is no spring chicken.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside