• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (3 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (3 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (3 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 3 years ago

No news on what the secret program is. They want deposits now. People are still buying. Wow.

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

What I do know is John Trudeau is going to have to sign a lot of replacement GBLE playfields

I hope you are right as that means stern is doing the right thing!

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Patiently awaiting for Teekee to weigh in here...

Poor guy probably got put in a straight jacket because he couldn't stop laughing.

#919 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Those rugby dudes are a bunch of sissies!
I'd love to see an NFL team steamroll those turds without pads. There would be a bunch of Ruggers on the ground!
The only guy I saw tough enough was the dude that kept playing with a torn scrotum

Yeah but the big NFL players would never be able to touch anyone because they are too fat and would be gasping for breath after running 20 meters

#928 3 years ago

This video shows just how pathetic football players can be compared to rugby players

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think Icey was referring to American football, rather than "socccccccerrrrr".
Gridiron = football (although they rarely kick it)
Football = soccccccerrrrr
You should know that CLG, you're an American!!
rd

I don't know what you are talking about

#1064 3 years ago

JJP is planning on running two lines and have already said the second will be building a small run of WOZ very soon. Presumably they will be building TH and JJP3 at the same time. Yes TH may take a sales hit from #3 but I'm sure Jack would rather take that hit than lose sales to Stern.

1 week later
#1851 3 years ago

I really hope Homepin can start cranking games out from China at reasonable prices....

#1900 3 years ago

To be fair to Stern they are not targeting this at operators with this game. They are after Iceman and his mates!

Stern is not going to drop the pro but they are going to squeeze every $ out that they can. As they raise prices though ROI gets more and more linked to resale and quality, incomplete code etc hurt there. Stern may be going gangbusters right now but if they are not careful they will throw it away.

#2046 3 years ago

So originally I thought the SLEs were for special friends only. Given that they have now made an application for it does this mean the special friends gave it a pass so they need to sell them some other way?

#2140 3 years ago

So now it has come to this:

https://www.gofundme.com/2pg3b98

#2144 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Doesn't that guy post here? Name seems familiar..

No idea who he is. I came across it on tilt. It is good for a laugh though!

I started looking and found these. I will withhold comments

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like the one comment. "Sad..". lololol
Am I the only one laughing about this whole ordeal? I think it's hilarious!

No it is funny! I will admit I think the whole things is nuts but in the end I am laughing about it while shaking my head.

#2150 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, poor Jim Tracy deserves one if anybody does.
WWELE, AvatarLE, TFLE, XMENLE and AvengersLE

I kind of felt sorry for the guy with Elvis and Kiss too

#2157 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Odin starting his film documentary of a cross country tour to Gary's house in Chicago. Never can have enough tires!
Does it deserve the SLE?

Original theme for the win!

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's good to know because they have a nice new larger building and all the overhead that goes with it.

Yes!

And while many of us assumed they were going to be using that space to build lots of games maybe we were all wrong. Their real plan could be to build just a few really high end expensive games and use the rest of the space to pile up cash and batmobiles.

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's going to take more than a few overpriced super LEs to pay for this sucker.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/0-1-BATMOBILE--137874

Holy bat crap! They would need to sell a lot of SLE's to pick that bad boy up. Clearly they need to raise prices again. SLE's are a bargain with batmobiles going for that kind of cash.

#2180 3 years ago

Stern has had some duds lately. WD was the last game they put out that really interests me.

For me to buy another stern they need to put out a really good game, convince me the quality issues are sorted and give me a theme I ideally like or am at least ok with. Price increases don't help combined with cost cutting.

#2182 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea love the zombie theme combined with best code ever ....and the 6300 with shaker and other mods was a fair price but for the same thing now it be 6800-7k which is to much imo.

WD has the whole package. Good layout, good code, good theme. A friend has one otherwise I would have one already. Since then they haven't put the whole package together again. Particularly when you factor in price (and exchange rates really don't help!)

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So Homepin is going to make great pinball for $4k-$5k and bury Stern and everybody else? rotflmao
Who does this sound like?
"Our goal and sole aim at Homepin is to get the machines finished and running - I don't like paperwork or accounting so that comes LAST as far as I am concerned! LOL."

Homepin on its own is not going to challenge Stern as a designer/builder of pins. But think of Homepin differently.

He has a factory in China and a complete supply chain put together from local (Chinese) suppliers with hardware that Homepin has designed. His first game will demonstrate his ability to use all of this to produce working games built entirely in his factory, with his hardware from his suppliers. If he were to partner with someone doing design and software and he did the manufacturing things could get quite interesting.

1 week later
#2903 3 years ago

14k in NZ$. I just got Hobbit LE landed here for a few hundred more than this and considerably less than the local price for a B66 LE.

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Yip.. BM66 prem = 9981 US for NZ buyers.
So Ices LE is a good deal for $9600 US

I have had people around my place over the last few days to check out TH. We were talking about Coin Cascade's price list for BM66. Consensus was laughter. A number of us have previously bought Stern NIBs.

For those of you in the US as context so you know where we are coming from. Take the full Stern retail price price, add 15% for tax and then another 15% cause the only Stern distributor in the country says so. That is what we are supposed to pay. Exchange rates have improved for us but our local pricing hasn't changed.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just checked, I could see it on mine, but was set to private.

CLG, are you playing in the Christchurch vs Wellington comp next month?

Yep I will be there

#2918 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You're not quite right there. You haven't factored in shipping. Unless you have a tardis, you need to ship it.
8599 USD RRP for a premium = $11,876 NZD
Plus 15% tax = 13,657.40
Plus shipping and shipping costs $1000
= $14,657 landed (no profit added)
7500 USD is the reported "street price" = $10,360 NZD
Plus 15% tax = $11,914
Plus shipping and shipping costs $1000
= $12,914
Plus $1000 profit = $14,000 (inc GST)
There's your pricing model. Pretty much down to the dollar.
rd

Get where you are coming from with shipping but in the USA MSRP presumably includes transport from Stern to the distributor which while not as much still costs so factor that in. CC still seemed very quick to bump up prices when the NZ$ fell and have haven't done anything since rates have gone our way.

TBF ever since CC didn't replace a bad DMD on Tony's (now my) Metallica I haven't liked them.

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I concur. Danni and I got to hang with Ed and Nate from Coast to Coast at PAPA earlier in the year and Ed was a great guy. We played a heap of pins, even though I had the flu bad and wasn't much fun, Danni loved it.
He reminded me that he had emailed me a few years ago asking if he could bring some kids from his charity to my pinball arcade. He had flown them to Queenstown NZ from Canada I presume. At the time I had no idea who this was emailing me, but I said sure, come on up ... but he didn't realise that Queenstown is like 1500km from my house haha! So they didn't end up coming ... but he says he will be back some time.
rd

Invite him along to Pincade!

#3134 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern definitely opened the door for a highly tolerable price increase from JJP. But if JJP maintains their current cost structure, they have a HUGE opportunity to gobble up marketshare in 2017.

IF they can ramp up production which is uncertain.

#3443 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Sure.. if the price included air fare to the U.S.A

It would make the prices seem more reasonable at least!

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, a lot of us believe the end of the financial world is coming (ie the next recession is just around the corner) so another way to look at it is that they are increasing the paper profitability of the company, in preparation for sale or floating it on the stock market. rd

It would not surprise me at all if they are prepping to sell off the company. Seems like a good time to do it, use GB sales and BM66 to show performance and order book. They are not stupid and they now competition is coming so cash out while the going is good.

#4417 3 years ago

So I think the consensus is it looks really cool, Stern can't spell and it costs a lot. Anyone have a chance to play it yet? Looks very similar to the BDK layout, does it play different?

#4463 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is that true???

Yep look at pinballnews.com

1 week later
#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny, it used to be people with nothing better to do hanging out at arcades and bowling alleys playing pinball.
I pride myself as being intelligent enough not to waste time and energy trying to get ahead in this world. Average with lots of free time suits me just fine.

I'm with you! Time is finite, you only have so much and that is it. At a certain point you hit diminishing returns, is it really worth the time and effort to get some new expensive toy?

We bailed on the southern california rat race over a decade ago. No traffic and a lot less stress now. I drive a Nissan instead of a BMW but it still gets me where I want to go.

Rich guy sees a fisherman sitting around on a beach at 11am. He asks him why he isn't working and he says he is done for the day, he already caught enough. Rich guy says why don't you work harder, you can make more money buy another boat and put it to work and make lots of money and retire. Fisherman says 'why so I can sit on the beach'?

1 week later
#5598 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Apparently, at Expo, it played pretty much the same as BDK, from the one person who saw it played by a kid.

Maybe this is why it was not playable. It may have some sort of weird code mix of BDK and BM66 while they are developing the game. Hopefully it will be quite different though.

1 week later
#5702 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I still will believe they are holding on to insure it's right ( code, gameplay, LCD, etc.) before releasing.....let me dream!!!

I would agree they want to make it good enough to show but I'm not so sure about getting it right!

4 weeks later
#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Metallica LE. Didn't buy it until after the legit code dropped. It's not that hard, it just requires something few have here, called patience.

To be fair to Paul others not in the USA it is not always that easy as markets are smaller. If there are only two games and no one wants to sell you have to import. To import you need to find a seller willing to work with you and there are a few other hassles to deal with too such as defeating Stern's measures to make USA games not work out of the USA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside