• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (3 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (3 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (3 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (3 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 3 years ago

After reading through all these posts, in a thread about a new pinball machine release, I feel the need to email Robin, suggesting that Pinside be renamed to PinBitch.com
Most of you guys will be invited to participate, of course.

1 week later
#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If deposits were not returned, I'd almost think this would end up as a lawsuit. Linking these two items (a pinball machine and a "meet and greet" with Adam) was dumb. The meet and greet is time based. It has an event time, and then it's over.
Anyone that bought the LE under these conditions deserves to get a warmed over TDK.

I laugh out loud everytime I see someone on Pinside use the word lawsuit.
Nobody's starting a lawsuit. Probably ever.
Heck, I'll bet you could advertise a new Predator machine, take everyone's money, then buy your wife a house, and STILL nobody sues you.
Or the JPOP story. Take your pick.

So to suggest that a deposit must be refundable and that there could be a lawsuit? I mean, since when is a deposit refundable in the first place? Isn't that the whole purpose of a deposit?

#1671 3 years ago

I dont understand why so many people are acting insulted, or offended at Stern's SLE model.
It's not for me, cause it's just too much money. That doesn't bother me though. Nor do I mind if someone else with more disposable income wants one.
What I care about is the following:
1) Quality product that's backed by the company. Stern has a program to replace the play fields that went out that are defective.
2) The Premium version has all the play features that the LE and SLE versions do. -the moment I see that an LE version has an extra playable feature on the play field, or better code, I'm out for the Premium model.

We already have some people with well over $100,000 worth of pins in their collection. Hell, we have some people who spend the same amount of money as the Batman SLE on a restored pin by HEP (don't quote me on the price, just saying it's not cheap from start to finish).
Neither one of those things irks me.
So why would it bother me that there's a Batman SLE announced? Hell, if it was a dream theme for me, I might just find a way to get one.
Doubtful though. I expect to stick to the Premium versions. At least for the time being.

For the record, I'll bet the game is going to be very cool.

#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

These little side projects for Stern are causing backorder issues for all their main pro premium/LE titles and also causing major quality control issues. They have too much on their plate with trying to run the pin version Spiderman, Spiderman Vault, MMR, GB, and all of the other current production titles, let alone a $15,000 boutique game.

How do you figure that having too many projects is what's been to blame for the quality control issues?
Holy jumping to conclusions, Batman!

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I have a deposit on an LE and Im struggling with the purchase knowing I can get the same game for a lot less money. The LE only offers extra bling, but often I dont seem to have the same idea of "bling" as stern does. This makes it really tough to justify the extra 2k+ for extra bling that I have not even seen yet, and Im told I need to be paid in full in the next 2 weeks. Ive heard Adam West is signing all of the LE's and I'll bet thats costing me $200 for a sharpie scribble on my apron or pf. The 2 batch custom plates of episode and bat gadget stuff is really iffy. While most folks would want the Joker or Mr. Freeze, there were also a lot of dude bad guys that could ultimately make your LE less collectible out of the gate and depreciate instantly. Id be totally disappointed if I got a Chandell episode.Same with the bat gadgets. The batmobile and batarang are way cool but with 120 gadgets you can bet there will be some stinkers. I do honestly remember an episode with Mr. Freeze where the dynamic duo was being frozen to death in a giant snow cone machine. When they escaped batman said, "Its lucky Alfred made us wear our Bat-Thermo underwear today." Someones gonna get that gadget on their game and be stuck with an undesirable version. Im leaning towards letting my LE go and just get a premium to be safe as who knows what other lame bad guys and kinky bat gadgets abound. (Gadget meme attached for anyone who wants to play along.)

I think it's near impossible to justify the increased cost of any LE over a Premium (with the exception of Star Trek), unless you're just loving the theme. -Which is ok in my opinion, but not usually smart for me.

#2235 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think I want to go with some older titles next, and opt out of NIB's. NIB purchases are risky now with questionable build quality, and lack of prompt return policies and warranty remediation. It is seriously a lotto play at this point. Who wants to drop $8K, let alone up to $15K for a surprise brown box that you cross your fingers and "hope" you get a good example out of the box? Now they want an application for this "opportunity" to play the quality control lotto? F**K that, sorry.
When you approach $10,000 or even $15,000 for a toy, you shouldn't need to cross your fingers you get a quality product brand new out of the box. If you dont? You have to escalate to the owner of the company and be told it will take months to get a replacement playfield, and nothing in writing.. just once again 'hoping' it all works out.
The window sticker price doesn't match the product it's on anymore Stern, sorry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're REALLY new to buying pins, right? Cause it's certainly looking that way.
Stern is/was having issues with the playfields. You (among others) have been promised a complete replacement.
So now, to come on here and post that "NIB purchases are risky now with questionable build quality..." is complete horseshit.

You're SO ignorant to buying pinball machines, that you keep stating that you're going to be JJP exclusive from now on.
You know what? WoZ is the only machine I ever bought that STARTED SMOKING and burned itself out THE DAY I GOT IT HOME.
Jack was awesome, and agreed to replace it with another NIB WoZ, and the team at JJP was great to deal with, but the point is, ALL PINBALL MANUFACTURERS HAVE ISSUES. Nobody is going to get things right all the time.
Heighway Pinball's Full Throttle was a complete bust too! Once again, they agreed that the one I got was a dud, and I got a full refund.
So nothing against these other manufacturers, but quality control isn't a Stern-only issue.
The important matter is whether a company backs its products or not.
At the moment, Stern seems to be the only company that's dealing with playfield issues, but rumour has it that even that has been resolved. Time will tell of course, but I'm betting this is now a thing of the past.

With respect to your comment about the "application form", once again you seem to take everything to the extreme in order to make Stern look as bad as possible.
Stern decided to make 30 very limited edition versions of their newest pin. It would appear as though they made more than they could sell to their closest friends at the price point, so they decided to sell the left overs to the public.
Now, they have only a few (30 at most). So how should they decide who gets them?
Someone could easily come along and buy one up, then flip it for more money, knowing they're in limited supply. Then you'd have true blue Stern/Batman fans crying about how they're being gouged for a game they should have been able to buy themselves. Stern wasn't pleased to see that in the past with Metallica so they've decided to do something a little different this time.
But again, Pinsiders all start to bitch and moan, claiming that they're insulted at what's taken place.

You know what? There's no pleasing Pinside. Look around. CrazyLevi is quite possibly the most vocal Pinsider on the Ghostbusters thread, and he HATES the game. It's a perfect example of the mentality that's considered "normal" around here.

Honestly, and without prejudice: sell your game and go buy a motorcycle if that's what you prefer. I was at a friends place last night for dinner and we all (wives included) played a bunch of Sterns newest games afterward. Nobody complained about ghosting inserts, or the price of the games, or any of the bullshit that's constantly brought up on here. You know why? Because the majority of it doesn't matter. If my friend and I don't buy a Batman, or an LE, or an SLE, then what difference does their application process make?
It will all boil down to whether or not its a fun game with good code. If it's as fun as ACDC, or Metallica, or GoT, or Ghostbusters, or Walking Dead, then we'll probably buy one, even if at the increased prices.

Anyway, I'm probably just adding more fuel to the "crazy-fire" by sharing my thoughts but it's honestly time y'all STFU and either dropped the hobby or just turned off your computers and played the pinballs you have that you like playing.

The constant non-ending whining is so anti-pinball, you look pathetic for remaining a part of a hobby that clearly makes you all so unhappy!

I'd love to stick around and throw more stones, but I have to go clean up a little, and then squeeze in a few games of Walking Dead before heading to a friends place tonight to play GBLE. Sure hope our evening isn't ruined by application forms!

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Is that the same one that you tried to sell on the Canadian pinball forum for $9600 because "This game is so not for me"?
I don't recall any information being disclosed about it being a "dud" or not working properly. Good thing you returned it, instead of selling a "dud" to another collector.

If you are questioning my integrity, please feel free to contact ANYONE in the GTA. I'm well known and have sold somewhere around 17 games in the past. I've NEVER had a single issue or complaint. Never.
Please feel free to contact Mike Wong, or Frolic, or Draino, Doug, Walt, Ed, Jeff or anyone else you may know. Alex, in Guelph is probably closest to you and he's bought 2 of my pins in the past. We keep in touch frequently.

As it happened, I had some little issues out of the gate on Full Throttle that required tweaking. Things were corrected, but I didn't enjoy the game. I listed it, and shortly thereafter some serious issues developed.
I contacted Tommy at Nitro, to ask about selling it to Elliot who had come over to inspect the machine with Mike. They felt that they were up to the issues that needed to be fixed.
In the end, Tommy asked for the machine to be returned, so it was. Full refund issued.
The whole time I had it, it was under full warranty, so no need to cover anything up.

Dude, I don't know you -and you CLEARLY do not know me. Way to make a first impression.

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

It's already started - CV's can't even sell for $6k right now, and just a year ago it was $7k and above, even higher before that. Tron LE has dropped quite a bit, although of course not as old. Seeing many older, A titles just not being able to get the prices they were just a year ago.

Couldn't that be because there have been a lot of great releases in the past few years? Homes are only so big.

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are still waiting for MMRs and hobbits they paid for years ago.
Stern is the only reliable mass producers of pinball machines at this point and that's a big reason the bm66 reveal will be the biggest deal.

Not to mention that the only reason that Stern has delayed GBs is due to the playfield fiasco. Rumour has it that this has now been resolved (yet to be confirmed) but once people are convinced, GBs will be selling again in large numbers, I suspect -and Stern will soon be back up to speed in their new facility, pumping out pins faster than all the other companies combined.

Nothing against any of the other companies, but NONE of them have avoided production issues at one time or another.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Something unexpected could happen. It's happened in the past within pinball. It didn't take long for Gottlieb to go from industry leader to bottom rung. It didn't take long for B/W to go from industry leader to dust. I'm happy the industry is healthy now and excited for what all the new manufacturers can come up with but I do wonder about the future, even for Stern.

I'm FAR more concerned about the mental health of Pinsiders than I am the financial health of Stern Pinball.

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes.
The bar for "celebrity" is apparently incredibly low in pinball when it comes to special privileges afforded.

You're John Borg. Would you prefer to spend an afternoon with Ed Robertson? or some Crazy know-it-all-loudmouth from Pinside?

Hmmm... touch call there.

Seriously Levi. Better to keep your mouth shut and let others think you're ignorant than to constantly open your mouth and prove them all right. Again. and again... and yet again.

#3194 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Honestly if they just removed those outlines it would look so much better, and not so layered and copy/pasted.

No matter what they did, you'd still be on here bitching about it, nonstop.

1 week later
#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It just teaches us you cant trust a word out of Sterns mouth.

Relax. It's not as though they personally assured us that Predators are being made.

2 weeks later
#5257 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Once the truth was out that it WAS a light BDK reskin, the hype train crashed (especially at the asking prices).

It sure did! Right in to the side of the bank, where Stern unloaded all the money they made. SLEs and LEs all sold out.

Considering that the game has yet to be shown in a flippable state, I'd say it's doing well to generate Stern sales. You're welcome to continue the debate though.

1 month later
#6392 3 years ago

Wow. Tidbits of info and some amazing photos of the game but holy sheep shat! Some people on here need to get over themselves.
I get that not everyone is thrilled about this pin, or maybe the pricing, or whatever. That's fine. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
Thinking that your opinion is worthy of dominating a 128 page thread, droning on and on, spewing hate, in a thread that's celebrating this pin? It's past sad, all the way through pathetic. Possibly nearing "time to seek help".

Pin looks A-mazing! LE and SLE are out of my price bracket but once Lyman gets his code into it, I could see myself losing sleep, the night before picking up a Premium version from the distributor.

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a f—ing forum, we're here to talk about shit. Everyone who's all worried about the "noise" or whatever is the one that needs to get over it. When there's a video or something there will be like 4 new threads in an hour, chill out.
I swear the whining about the whining is almost the worst, only thing more stupid is this post, that's whining about the whining about the whining.

You're absolutely right. Let's support the whining, snivelling, the complaining, the absolute USELESS comments from people who have no interest in actually buying the game. 90+ posts that are absolute crap to read, let alone annoying as Hell -but you want to encourage that?
Give me a freakin break. If you SERIOUSLY think that Pinside is a better place because of this t-r-a-s-h then whatever man. But in my eyes, it is the absolute CANCER of Pinside. It makes for a frustrating read, when threads like these are supposed to be about the excitement of pinball playing and ownership.
If you don't like something, no worries. Go start an "I hate Stern" thread. Oh look! He did that already. -But no reason to have to try to ruin it for everyone else. What we're talking about is FAR, FAR away from a "conflicting viewpoint, or opinion". And if you can't see that, then you're part of the problem.

Plenty of other threads where you can talk trash about whatever you want. LAME, LAME, LAME to be doing it in a thread like this.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from the video, this looks pretty boring and I am surprised/not surprised at all the defensive speak about it already. Increasing the price tag means even more defensive rich guys hoping it will hold its value over time.
This one is destined for tons of QC issues (they still dont have the pf ghosting figured out), poor total sales which will be reflected in lackluster code that does not get finished, and a ton of fanboys defending the garbage.
The right side is just rehash, the theme is just rehash, the art is old and form the 60s. The only thing new or possibly exciting is the spinning toy and it appears pretty boring in all honesty.
I guess the embossed art is a new thing and kind of cool, but lets be honest, who goes around touching the sides of a game or even seeing it once in a row.
Next please.

Still a little sour cause Stern wouldn't let you in their club, eh?

It's a freakin TEASER video already.

I would guess that even after it gets released, it'll a while before code is done. THAT'S when you judge a game.
e.g. TWD, Metallica, ACDC...

#6677 3 years ago

Batman Xmas trivia... Apparently Eartha Kitt passed away eight years ago today.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-kitt26-2008dec26-story.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside