• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (3 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (3 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (3 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (3 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (3 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (3 years ago)

Post #5953 Official Flyers from Stern for Three Editions of Batman '66 Posted by PanzerFreak (2 years ago)

Post #6359 Photos of the cat woman ramp issue Posted by J85M (2 years ago)

Post #6450 Direct Link to Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line. Posted by BrewinBombers (2 years ago)

Post #6555 "Sneak Peak" video of Batman '66 gameplay video from Stern. Posted by Rum-Z (2 years ago)

Post #6703 First gameplay video of Batman66 from GAP! Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6716 Game Play video of Batman66 from GAP Posted by GAP (2 years ago)

Post #6745 First home unboxing of a Batman 66 SLE! Posted by xfassa (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#682 3 years ago

I really like the theme and lots of cool material for the lcd.
I'm a wait and see guy. I have 0 need for a collector's LE, just want a fun machine that looks great and plays well.

#1146 3 years ago

23 pages .... any pictures yet or are we still arguing over what people think it will be?

1 week later
#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from pzy:

Even after replying to my comment on Facebook, Stern deleted the comment thread and blocked me from posting. Neat.

I commented also something like "application? I'll get on it as soon as I complete my ford gt app."

I was also deleted and banned.

The thing is just fricken absurd - anybody that buys one should be embarrassed.
If they sell through on the super-duper-limited-editions you can be sure there will be more in the future.

#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from frank34obx:

First off, It was not a slam on the 66 OR anyone buying it, nor was it a slam on you. I just found it totally comical you could even put a company like Stern in the same universe and either of those 2. If people want to waste their hard earned money on this crap, have at it. I could give a fuck less about the game or owning one. It is flat out a comment on how Stern operated and treats their customers. I have no bitterness because I am not sitting on some overprices POS from that place. I have been hanging around this hobby for 24 years generally quiet (because of rebuttals like yours) I was not slamming you personally until you decided to be a total douchbag in your reply. You clearly have your head pretty far up your ass if you can't see the REAL issues at hand. Sterns loves a guy like you. Post back when you have your first nib pos with ghosting and they tell you it's not bad enough to fix and it's "only a pinball machine" Yes, that HAS happened. Poke around after this playfield shit settles and you'll see not everyone will be getting replacements. Better yet, wait til they set a deadline and games sitting around in the box finally get sold. Hopefully you will get one of those. If your going to tell me those 2 companies are doing "the exact same thing" then you are totally delusional. First off....NEITHER of those 2 company would EVER put a product out EVER if they knew they had QC issues like Stern has. But no...Stern decided to keep shipping this crap out the door without a clue as to what the hell the cause is. THAT my friend is the difference

what he said

#1503 3 years ago

The whole thing is absurd - the market for them is so tiny to start with do they really need an application process?

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And/or there are plenty of haters that are just pissed that they can't afford or simply won't pay that much for a pinball machine
Bottom line is plenty of people are willing to pay up for the LE and "super collectible" or whatever the heck it is.
I'm one of them for the right pin like Batman66
Stern has got it right. Satisfying all segments of the market
The whiners and complainers will always be out in force no matter what they do

I can afford it if I so choose, and I actually find this to be the best theme in years - but I have 0 desire to go through the hoops and "beg" for them to sell me one. So with that being said, I am actually super excited to see and possibly buy the non special people's version.

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

So true. I'd love to know the actual markup on these things. Does it really cost almost $10k to make one of these?

Pure cost of parts + labor and overhead? Who knows, but the company deserves to decent make a profit.
I would think the Spike system has actually lowered cost and maybe labor somewhat - but that's just a guess.

Stern needs to make a good profit (as does any business) to survive.
I don't have an issue with the prices they want to charge - but still have an issue with an application process for the right to buy a machine.

1 week later
#2827 3 years ago

Sorry, couldn't make it through 57 pages of... Well you know.... Any new pictures yet?

#3128 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

People are calling it a cash grab because it is a cash grab. No ifs, ands, or buts. Period.
It's a damn BDK retheme. With photoshopped "artwork".

Wow, I wish I was able to see the complete machine like you did.

Last time I checked, we are still a have a market economy. Companies are free to charge what they want. Call it a cash grab if you like. If they sell well, they may repeat the sales model, if they don't sell well - they learned what the market will bear.

1 week later
#3871 3 years ago

I still can't wait to see this machine - so many cool animations for the LCD

#3967 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

A good example is BBB. It's legend is incredible. It is one of the best art packages ever put together. Gameplay - eh... And trust me, I owned one. It's still very valuable, but it's really NOT for the gameplay.

100% - i played it a bunch of times ... did not live up to the hype at all

#4072 3 years ago

Looks awesome - think the LCD is the perfect size.
Love the topper

#4120 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Besides the art and display isn't this just a bdk ve?

If it plays well and is fun - who gives an F.
If it plays like crap -- well then.........

I don't have a BDK and this looks fantastic so far.

Haters gonna Hate - Let the whining and complaining begin
- code
- art
- rehash
- price
- flipper gap
- colors
- blah blah blah

#4153 3 years ago

Love it - was huge fan of the series as a kid.
This is just awesome.

Not a fanboy at all TWD is the only Stern I have ever owned.
This just looks fantastic. Love the retro TV with rabbit ears.

Now I sort of regret complaining about the SE application process, should've just bought one.

#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Is that a camera above the monitor?

I think it's the lock, but that would be cool if it was.
You would add your face to the top score screen.

#4295 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That is a hard word for me to spell too but I think I'd use spellcheck before I put it on a production machine.

I am sure they will, those are pre production machines

#4335 3 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

For 15K I will find a BBB.
Sorry there is nothing on that machine that Justifies 15k even the fact that there are only 80 and will possibly have a different backglass and art changes on each.

Ever play BBB - I bet BM66 is way more fun.
BBB is way over hyped due to limited availability - really nice looking machine, but it just is not that much fun to play at all.

#4378 3 years ago

I am in for one of these and JJP #3 - as long as I don't need a cell phone to enjoy it

#4549 3 years ago

Never bought NIB before - what's the street price on an LE and where's best place to buy it?

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The only way for your money to disappear is for Apple to go bankrupt (out of business) which is as likely as Coke or Exxon going out of business. Apple is the most valuable brand name in the WORLD. January 2016 Apple reported $18.4 BILLION in profit for one quarter ($50 Billion for a rolling year on $225 BILLION in revenue). Apple has something like $200B in cash equivalents, quite a low PE, is buying back shares and returning cash in the form of dividends.
I am not suggesting that the stock will go to $150 anytime soon but it would not surprise me at all.

LOL - I remember people saying the same thing about AOL years back.

#4870 3 years ago

IMO - if this game plays well - it's a homerun
At least for those of my generation that grew up with this show.

#4877 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If the pro/premium costs $7700 (idk if that's the cost) but IMO that's still a lot of money.
I guess it'll sell ok, but I'm curious if people forget Met/Tron/IMVE/TWD pro was $4700. Part of the reason SMVE didn't sell well was that people were expecting lower price.

Honestly, price is not an issue for me on this.
I am in love with the theme, graphics, use of the 2 lcds, sound track

#5192 3 years ago

If you deal with enough people, you soon realize that most people are exactly where they should be

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I would define a rich person as one who has free cash flow far beyond monthly expenses and with little or no long term debt. This type of person will have a checking account that will always have a balance in the account that will far exceed and necessary monthly expenditures. Lets say a balance in the $30,000 range. Beyond that the person would transfer the money to investment accounts. This "wealthy" person would have no trouble dropping $15,000 on a pin or $40,000 on a watch. Although the account would take a hit for the month, the next month the account would be replenished with the free cash flow that is the engine that keeps this person rich.
This is one reasonable, very realistic scenario.

LOL - someone with a balance of $30k in their cash account is way far from rich

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

It really depends on how you define being 'rich' and/or 'wealth' I suppose.
IMO, keeping anything over $50K or so in your basic ATM/low interest checking account (when you you can have the same immediate access to cash from many many places and instruments that give you exponentially larger returns) is silly.

Well, now that depends on that percentage that $50k is of your total net worth.
I can assure you that someone making a million + a year, keeps more than $50k of cash in their bank account.

#5452 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

In their ATM checking account? I assure you not all of them do.

I didn't say all, but I would say most.
50k is nothing to have in cash if you are making a lot of money.
They bring home more than that in a month and sometimes a week.

But who really gives an F - let's get back to pinball

#5621 3 years ago

any game play videos yet?

1 month later
#6947 2 years ago

Game looks really nice -
I am curious what the service menu looks like with the transition to LCD
Any videos or pictures of that?

#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same as old....

So same old graphics and interface but on the LCD - that's disappointing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
9,988 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Des Moines, IA
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside