PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Many of you/us have been predicting the bubble will pop... It's coming folks. How much more $weight$ can the collecting market bare? Can't be much more...

It just makes more sense to buy older pins imo which is what im doing now.

1 week later
#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

The gun hobby always has & always will trump pinball in terms of sustained value...Most guns in Ca. hold 90% or better resale and often double or triple quick (sometimes in months) due to our political bs roster system....Im about to spend B-title game money on a python that was about $250 when brand new

I agree my gun collection is worth much more than anything else ive collected and goes up alot every year especially my nib 1980s chicom aks.....

#1433 7 years ago

Just listed on fb.... super le application lol . What is the pinball world coming to

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154498473639244&id=136972659243

#1950 7 years ago

I know stern has priced me and many others i know out . Not bc the price per say but the price for what you get just isnt worth it. There are so many other options that are cheaper/or equal and offer alot more and are not cheaped out. I really thought the pros for 5k and premiums for around 6500 were a good price point for what u get .

#1994 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Street prices are looking something like:
$7599 PREMIUM
$9599 LE

Freaking ridiculous.... i paid 6300 with mods for my nib twd premium in dec/Jan. 8 months later the price is 1300-1500 more...... what a bunch of bull

#2174 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm losing interest in Stern.
Anyone else?
I'm actually starting to dig into another hobby because of it.

Lost it after i bought my twd premium in dec/jan . Have since been trading my sterns off for b/w a titles and don't regret it one bit and have much more fun on them

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What happened? Didnt you like TWD or what?

No i like twd but soon after the price hike started and has continued and to me they just are not worth it and we have more fun playing games like afm and mm . Ill keep met and twdp bc its nice to have a few deeper pins in the lineup.

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Stern has had some duds lately. WD was the last game they put out that really interests me.
For me to buy another stern they need to put out a really good game, convince me the quality issues are sorted and give me a theme I ideally like or am at least ok with. Price increases don't help combined with cost cutting.

Yea love the zombie theme combined with best code ever ....and the 6300 with shaker and other mods was a fair price but for the same thing now it be 6800-7k which is to much imo.

#2704 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Robo, let's just all stop the nonsense. This pin is going to look awesome and will play great. Why?
30th anniversary and Stern doesn't want a POS. And what we know already.
Lyman is doing the coding and it has an LCD. WTF, you guys know 2+2=4. Not that hard to put it together.

We will see but stern has let us down so many times im not real sure anymore, especially for this amount of money and nothing to go on except what they have mentioned . One thing is for sure ....the people that spent this much money sight unseen sure will pump it up regardless if its really good or not.....hope it ends up being great then people can get a premium down the road with same gameplay.

#2810 7 years ago

Cv and especially tron le were over priced anyway. Ive been offered plenty of cv but the theme and gameplay are ok at best so i passed on all them even a 6k. When i put my luci up this week i had plenty of offers of 9k+ so not all titles are slow at selling at the moment. In the end i traded for another high in title and both parties are happy. It does seem a little slow at the moment with shows and expo coming up but it will pick up again in the winter especially with nib prices as high as they are.

#2812 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love project games - most of my collection was built on cheap projects. I just never see project games come up anymore - there was only so many units out there, and as they got gobbled up and restored over a few decades, if those games go back out into the world, they're not projects anymore. In 2007-2010 there wee multiple awesome projects per day on CL. Today? Dead zone.

Same here built my collection with projects over the past 3-4years and now they rarely pop up which is another reason prices are higher bc most stuff has allready been fixed up and sold at a higer price .

#2919 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Premium street price is around $7599.

Wow thats higher than what was originally thought... 7600 for premium just crazy imo

2 weeks later
#4139 7 years ago

Wow thats it for the huge price increase ? Definitely almost same playfield as before but all dolled up with new art and a few new gadgets and a lcd. Kinda feeling bad for all the people that said it wld be a whole new pin but come on this is stern lol.. On a good note lots more options on the way.... bring on jjp and also Hemingway.

#4160 7 years ago

Man so much money for so little of a game ...... just very very similar to tdn that is only 4k . Dont get me wromg it looks nice but man these things are meant to be enjoyed not look at. No way to justify the price especially when u compare it to jjp and Hemingway pins. Heck even compared to gb it lacks imo. I wish all involved the best but man.....

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I love it. I'm not stoked about the price, no-one is, except Gary.
At a glance you can easily see it had a lot more flow than BDK and will feel quite different. The art is phenomenal.
Have some of the negative nellies forgotten that Lyman is programming this game?
Here is a beautiful game that looks like it has flow, nostalgia, an LCD, beautiful simplicity of two flippers and the best programmer on it.
I'm extremely excited and won't miss the $2-3k upcharge. I'd rather spend too much on a unique work of art that's fun to play than get something old and subpar with money left to spare.

He programmed the original also...

#4770 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ACDC LE armor. Star Trek LE armor. Fancy cutouts aren't a new thing.
What was impressive was the decals on the Super LE. Put those on a game that isn't a ridiculous $15k Stern!

Were the decals made out of the foil type material that imve had?

#4824 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Did anybody who was at the Show,ask if this pin also has a Shaker Motor??

All models better come with it for the new prices .... my goodness. Bad enough its not even a new game from ground up .

#4881 7 years ago

Is it have color changeing gi even? Looks to have a few rgb inserts but nothing like got or star trek premiums and le's....

#5007 7 years ago

So batman premium is around the same street price as star trek le was.... wow thats crazy considering star trek is a le and probably the most loaded stern pin to date.

#5030 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, doesn't that magnet look like the whole thing could go down, TOTAN style, to a tunnel???...sure looks like a lot of metal around that thing...

New style like on walking dead

#5031 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would be great if it did, but looks like the new wider Magnet style like on TWD/SMVE. The other thing that looks interesting is the scoop on the right - it looks different to an ordinary scoop - its longer. Does anyone know if this was on BDK? If so how did it work?

It can enter scoop from pop area also like on afm

#5074 7 years ago

So another special edition announced? The studio edition? Wtf......

#5076 7 years ago

I swear i just read it somewhere in another thread ...in a email to a distributor? Maybe i mis read it..

#5078 7 years ago

We are continuing our 30th Celebration with our Batman ’66 Studio Edition game. We exhibited the Super Limited Edition, Limited Edition (Sold out )and Premium models at the Pinball Expo Show and during Expo’s tour of our factory. The attendees loved these pinball machines.
George Gomez, Lyman Sheats, and Joe Kaminkow’s Ka-Pow Studio have poured their hearts and all their combined years of design skill into our Anniversary Batman 66 pinball. Your customers will receive an amazing pinball experience.
You can read more about this game and its design team in the attached Press Release, which we originally published and distributed to you on September 15th.
We will begin to manufacture Batman 66 later in November.
You will not receive a new model cornerstone game, with Pro, Premium and LE versions, until after the first of the year
Attached are photos of the Batman 66, feature matrix, and September 15 press release.
Best regards,
Gary
Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.

#5079 7 years ago

Whats this mean?

#5085 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

The Studio version is a step above the SLE and comes with an official Batman utility belt complete with a rechargeable lithium ion battery and wireless shaker for total Batmania immersion.

Ha thats what i thought since they allready raised the number of the sle ....lol.

1 week later
#5391 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I fail to see how the LE is $1800 more than the premium?
What exactly does the LE offer above the premium?
It's not as with Tron LE which had drop banks, moving recognizer, Lighted ramps, chrome armor, extra code (that was an LE).
STLE offered color armor, etched and lighted side rails, lighted shield emblems in the head, metal lighted speaker panel.
What exactly does the BM LE have that the premium doesn't? Is it just the topper and the side rails and the different art package?

Its just bc its limited and people really care about that aspect alot ....why i dont know but its not my money .

1 month later
#6200 7 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Well, Friday came and went. Still no video.

Not surprising.... they want the pin shipping just in case its not well received and people start cancelling their le and sle orders..... after all its a test and money grab to see what they can get away with ....

#6214 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hmmm can't say I'm happy about that! For 10k those little details matter more than ever, especially when I'm sure I remember Gomez himself saying that the issue wouldn't make it to production models

Just like the misspelled gb playfields weren't supposed to go out. Now that's what they are sending out for replacements for the ghosting playfields lol. Sterns known for lots of misspelling and lack of attention to detail.....

1 week later
#6647 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yep!! In production for 3 year just like all other Sterns lately. Star Trek has been moved out. http://sternpinball.com/games

Yep met sld be about done also

#6649 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They just renewed it.. METs will be built for awhile yet.

As they sld.... probably the best pro they have made

#6691 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Way better than BDK.

I'd freaking hope so for 3 times the price......

#6713 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, the DMD era is well and truly over now, the LCD looks great on this game.

It does look cool but i still perfer custom dots with color dmd as it seems to go with the gameplay better compared to these random clips....

#6717 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I get where you're coming from, but do you really think this theme would look better with red LED dots? I sure don't. Dots had a long, good run, I still love them, but I think it's time to move on.
This is Stern's first attempt with an LCD, maybe it's not mind blowing, but give it some time. T2 didn't exactly have amazing dots either.

Didnt say i like red dots .....i like stuff like twd and met but with color dmd ... i guess im not a fan of clips like this basically and i like custom animation that fits the gameplay more.

#6718 7 years ago

Im sure its just bc the super early code and it will obviously be much better in a year or two then will see how i like it..

#6720 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Metallica has imho some of the best dots ever done. But even in color I can't see them doing justice here. Purple blob for Penguin? Eh.
I think you're more responding to the LCD being kind of dull, just a TV playing back clips isn't that exciting. Not much energy or custom editing etc. But I don't think that's an indictment of the LCD, just the choices.
It's early still, maybe it will get better. Or, it's Stern, maybe it won't change at all and you'll be begging for code changes for years to come.
Either way I think the transition to LCD was smart.

Its definitely different and will take some time getting use to i suppose ,especially after 26 years of the dot matrix.....lol

#6864 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

My problem with the current LCD implementation, which will hopefully be resolved with future code updates, is this particular clip of the Joker mode. It literally repeats the same Joker video clip over and over, where he's flapping his gums and nothing is being said. It's like there is something wrong with the video and keeps skipping back to the beginning.. super annoying. They need to do more then just repeat video clips over and over with no audio.. maybe sync callouts to video clips or something.. but overall, I would consider this the worst LCD implementation on pinball so far (as far as interface and content goes) BUT.. I do like the size of the LCD and the location, so, my opinion could definitely change down the road..
» YouTube video

That is painful to watch but im sure it like that bc of early early code...

#6948 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Game looks really nice -
I am curious what the service menu looks like with the transition to LCD
Any videos or pictures of that?

Same as old....

#6951 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So same old graphics and interface but on the LCD - that's disappointing.

Yep still orange/red old menu ...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.