PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5043 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Hater? I'll be getting one...
And yeah, I know but sometimes things need to be spelled out here!

the new batman pin (that uses the same playfield as the old batman pin)

You don't seem to understand the fundamental difference between a redesigned game (BM66) and a Vault Edition (e.g., IMVE).

#5046 7 years ago

my ignorance is bliss!

At least we can agree on that.

#5223 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think a big part of the problem, or reason for these continuing non stop price increases is due to the fact that we all keep making excuses to ourselves: Well, if I was in at $5k and that was my limit, is it really worth not having a pin that I want for $500 more? So now your new limit is $500 more than it was.
Then the next new and shiny pin comes out and it's a theme that you love, but it's another $500 more than your last (increased) limit. Same excuse/logic applies: if I were in at $5500.00 does it really make sense to deprive myself of a pin that I really want over $500? So your limit has now been increased by $1k.
So yeah, where does it stop?

It stops when the frog boils...

#5303 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I sell software to firms that manage high net worth person / couples portfolios . Min account is 10 mil. There are 200000 of those accounts at 5 of my bigger software subscriptions, I have 200 subscriptions. There is an astounding amount of wealth spread across an impressive number of accounts - - and my clients run a fraction of the accounts in the US. You can do the math and define rich or very rich out of that but 5000 games at 10,000 a piece would only need a small % of wealthy buyers to buy them all. 10k for them is a $100 bill for you and me

That's nothing. I know a guy that's spending ~$12K on World Series tickets!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/73#post-3422246

1 week later
#5545 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I want my MTV.

1 week later
#5736 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd be the whitest looking Maori dude you'd ever see. My haka would scare nobody

Come on, dave. Don't be modest.

rotordave_haka (resized).jpgrotordave_haka (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5907 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I see, the small LCD I suspect is like those $100 jobs you can buy for other games like tspp tv.

The Villain Cam LCD mounted above the BM66 playfield is larger than Sparky's Micro Display Mod, and it's also interactive with gameplay. When George Gomez was describing the game at EXPO, he mentioned the villains mocking you during gameplay. (Sparky's MDM just plays a single loop of video, with no audio, and it's not interactive.)

1 week later
#6072 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No one has played this game, so anyone telling you how it's going to play is full of shit.

Ed Robertson played it, and he talked about it on one of the recent Buffalo Pinball podcasts (on the STLE podcast recorded at his house). He said it was a blast to play.

#6105 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

Quoted from Whysnow:

He has a business relationship with Stern and gets obvious perks from Stern as a pinhead. There are motivations to not talk even remotely bad or share an opinion that may be percieved as negative. Sorry but that causes one to help hype; so hard to take Ed's singular opinion as 100%. Keep in mind that Stern just banned Martin from the factory for saying he thought BM66 was expensive...
Say something bad and they may ban you, remove perks, and not hire you for their next self promoting anniversary event paid for by customers. That is just the reality about Stern and hard to blame anyone for wanting those perks as a pinhead.

I'm pretty sure Ed can fall back on his day job without missing any meals.

FWIW, here is the link to his comments. It's just a 2-minute-long side commentary about BM66 at EXPO in the middle of a two-hour-long video about STLE strategy and gameplay (the main topic of the podcast). Nevertheless, it offers some specific details about playfield features and gameplay differences relative to BDK.

1 month later
#7095 7 years ago

I was enjoying the stream, but it just went down. Hope you guys get it back online.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Razorbak86.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=Razorbak86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.