PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Will the LCD have clips and sound from the TV series?

#136 7 years ago

Maybe the Batman66 crane is a Joker bash toy that moves around the playfield like in BDK, a more dynamic way than Slimer in GB.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

TDK layout sucks, except for the crane. I am out! Thanks again Stern for making this one easy for me! That's the second theme you should have easily sold to me, but you F'd them up.

The flyer says new game layout. The crane, the thing you like, is what is staying.

It will be interesting to see if they use those crap plastic piece together ramps again.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

like how nba was a new layout of space jam?

I have no idea. I am just quoting Stern's flyer.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

After reading through all these posts, in a thread about a new pinball machine release, I feel the need to email Robin, suggesting that Pinside be renamed to PinBitch.com
Most of you guys will be invited to participate, of course.

I think you can take off the knee pads now. Gary says he has had enough.

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enough with the "no pros" nonsense. This is one title, marketed at collectors. There's another game this year, it will have a Pro.

It seems like that game is more likely to ship in January or February. BM66 is supposed to start shipping in late Nov.

#596 7 years ago

While we are waiting for the reveal, we should start a discussion of what may be in the game that is signature/typical recent George Gomez design.

Here are a few to start:
-multi-piece floppy plastic habitrail return ramps
-spinner at the beginning of a metal ramp
-path of the dead plastic
-real ball lock near the right slingshot
-2 flippers (not more than 2)
-3 pop bumpers in top right playfield
-one inlane to each flipper
-saucer

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You might get offered one Mikey!
rd

I hope you all are doing well. I just read you had a 7.1 earthquake nearby and small Tsunami wave.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/01/asia/new-zealand-earthquake/index.html

#761 7 years ago

From where did you get the picture? Look at that flipper gap. Something is going on down the middle there.

#765 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A pop bumper.

That makes sense. If it is an early Stern drawing of the BM66 playfield maybe that circle would be the 2nd LCD screen.
It certainly would be a totally new design from what Stern has been doing lately. Therefore I have my doubts it is a Stern.

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They need to grow up into a real pinball manufacturer with multiple titles at some point. Worked fine for Bally/Williams and Stern. They can't do one pin at a time and hope to make a success of the business over the long haul, so this will be the first step in that direction.

Also, hopefully they already have somebody diligently designing #4 as #3 is getting close to ready for manufacturing.

#1183 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Where are you seeing pictures?

probably is not

#1185 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looked like a widebody too...

I can't believe they photoshopped the whole damn thing.

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You're right. Paul Faris is a hack.

Is that Gary Stern in the upper left of the second picture?

#1295 7 years ago

I am guessing the Bat Gadget plaques are for the super LEs, and the Episode plaques are for the 120 USA games and 120 overseas games.

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No he doesn't. Only disagrees with the ramp part. WOZ has powdered habitrails.

I also thought it was Pinchroma rather than Keefer that was saying that for the ramps.

1 week later
#2290 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thats because you're a <1 yr member
Unless you were someone else before?

Hondanut maybe?

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:
If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

It is strange that GB is the only cornerstone release in 2016 for Stern.

SMVE was a small remake, and now we are getting this rumor that BM66 is a special boutique like game.

In 2015, they had cornerstone games WWE, KISS, and GOT...plus the boutique Whoa Nellie.

#2421 7 years ago

As with Catwoman I always felt Mary Ann was the hotter one. It could be that they were more exotic than Batgirl and Ginger?

#2850 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Man, JPop really took the air out of Batman '66.

The increased pricing of BM66 and the lack of communication of the playfield problems did a lot of letting the air out on that title.

#2858 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are still waiting for MMRs and hobbits they paid for years ago.
Stern is the only reliable mass producers of pinball machines at this point and that's a big reason the bm66 reveal will be the biggest deal.

I thought the pre-order MMRs were about done with the exception of the Twisted Pins customers. It does not sound as though those people will be getting games unless a lawsuit happens from what I have heard in the rumor mill.

It does seem that all manufacturers are "reliable" when the games are ready to ship to ready-to-pay customers.

The only way manufacturers will be accountable and reliable is if we stop pre-paying and only pay when the game is ready to ship. Pay with credit card so you have a couple months to get your money back if the game does not ship.

#2986 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I feel like Gomez is saying "The LCD goes under here"
And the Bare Naked Ladies dude replies "Under where"
Then Gomez replies "I just made you say underwear"

Pinch me. That joke was too good to not be a dream.

#2987 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yep left side looks identical and they said right side and crane are the same..... Change a few inserts eliminate teeter totter with ramp, remove joker can and put interactive LCD. Say in ain't so, but it sure feels that way since they went back to the no spec sheet no pics for this one.
Even if its close at that price point it would be huge disappointment IMO

I certainly hope and expect Gomez has a few tricks up his sleeve beyond that. For the huge price they are asking it needs the kitchen sink thrown in.

#2989 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are both wrong.
Bare naked ladies are a terrible band and that silverball song is atrocious.
Ryan Adams or Slash weren't available?

Just give it a rest. Ed is a respected Pinsider and an avid pinhead. That is good enough for me. Everybody can't like the same things in art and entertainment.

#2997 7 years ago

Not to sidetrack, but does anybody know whether Ryan Adams and Slash have Pinside accounts? I would not be surprised if Ryan has one since he seems very active with pinball.

#3086 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern isn't dropping the ball on this one. I agree
I get the idea that some people are calling this a "money grab" but I've never heard an answer as to what you think they should do?
If they sold BM66LE at $8k and then watched people flip it for $9500-$10k what would you do?
I don't like having to pay extra on this one but that is why we have to.
And it's the whiner gnashing his teeth over whether or not he should lock in his $2k down payment that is ridiculous. That guy is just trying to figure out whether he can flip it for $11k
I don't buy pins to flip and I know I have an instant loser on this one. I can live with it

It can't be anything other than a money grab if they are trying to keep people from flipping games. All they need to do is make the LE a special edition with no limits so then flipping would not happen. With a special edition they could price it for a reasonable profit while providing a Premium for those that don't want all the aesthetic bells and whistles but do want the game to play the same. The "Limited Edition" is good for Stern but only causes heartache for customers because the customers that don't get in on the limited run either get stuck paying a jacked up price from a distributor or flipper or they miss out.

#3098 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How is 240 LEs a false report?
With the premium it's hard to imagine paying those prices as well but maybe people will think it's worth it at the reveal?

One thing for sure, when it is revealed I am basing the worth of BM66 on a comparison with WOZRR/ECLE since the prices are so similar. The bill of materials better be impressive or else it is a bilking of the customers. One other thing, if the playfields of these inflated priced games start chipping and ghosting in the first month after deliveries start it will be a disaster for Stern in my opinion.

1 week later
#3567 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

How do you know someone is in the military?
He tells you about it.

As far as I am concerned he can tell me anything he likes. Can't you imagine the isolation you would feel being stuck at a base in the middle east for several months while also being in harm's way much of the time?

#3668 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

80 SLE's now? What?
A different class? Super Duper LE's 30, Super LE's 50 and LE's 240
30, 1 for each year of Stern existence and 50, 1 for the 50th year anniversary of BM.
Gary says the $15 very well worth it.

If they are upping the number of SLEs then they are no longer so special so they need to lower the price. Otherwise, without lowering the price it is just a further bilking of the customers.

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, just walked in from work, opened Pinside , and saw this......must have hit the crack pipe before I left....am I reading this right?

I sincerely hope and want to believe he was being sarcastic.

#3938 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Another idea: Stern "Home Route" line. Home purchased games "credit up" when you call a special "Collector's Line" and hit the number of credits using your dial pad. 10 cents a game, less for bulk purchases. They won't work otherwise. For $5 per game you can get full credits for a night in case you are having a party and don't want to be on the phone ordering credits and such. Maybe have a special "CEO Edition" where for an extra $10k you can have credits for life (unless you sell the machine then new credit charges/transfer fees apply).

......and Stern comes to your house to maintain the game whenever you need/want them to do a repair.

#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Don't forget the topper!
and no $5 speakers!

For $15000, or even $12000 the game should have a Bose surround sound stereo.

#3962 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Friends don't let friends listen to Bose.
(I'm just having fun)

I am just referring to the money and where it should be going. The money should be going into expensive parts on the games, not all into Stern's pockets. Where is the extra $7000 going to be in this BM66 SLE they are planning. A typical LE such as Ghostbusters is around $8000 so the SLE must have $7000 more stuff in it, right?

#4000 7 years ago

Dr. J obviously.

#4003 7 years ago

Is the one in the middle Clyde Drexler?

#4004 7 years ago

Walt Frazier.

#4008 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Much taller. Guy on the left is 7-2

Artis Gilmore

#4011 7 years ago

Ralph Beard?....before my time

#4013 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Other guy next to him is one of the best dunk artists of all time, including Dr. J, Jordan, David Thompson, you name it.
Get the last two DC. One is in the Issel pic!

Dominique Wilkins

#4019 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ralph Beard?....before my time

Louie Dampier

#4022 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Spencer Haywood! Before your time

I had no idea he was married to model Iman before David Bowie married her.

#4149 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Loe the vintage tv. Classic!

They new houw too spel bak then.

#4178 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I think you just pointed out one main difference in LE and premium.
LE no spinner. TV mounts above and targets with magnet below.
Premium no playfield LCD TV, spinner with magnet.

Last I read all models were supposed to have the same playfield features. It appears that the big rotating toy has two or three sides. One is the TV side and one side is the smaller rotating disc that you are probably trying to shoot past.

#4192 7 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Didn't stern say something about there being a innovative contraption on the playfield that no one has ever seen before, had anyone been able to point this out yet?

Likely the double spinning discs. One spinning disc similar to the TOTAN lamp/Tesseract in a larger motor driven disc that has the small TV.

#4256 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

spfx,look at the left side,and you will see 5 drop targets,one is already lit!So,magnets again huh? No magna slings??More balls to degauss! I wish they had that Batmobile on the side of our LEs! And are those Chrome side blades, No art blades like GB/PRe?Mezel here we go!!Looks like a comic book on legs,but a keeper for me!!

I don't see any signs of drop targets. They look to be static stand targets just like BDK.

#4264 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't see any signs of drop targets. They look to be static stand targets just like BDK.

Yep, they are stand targets:

8448ea7ebbc5baa0d6cf8f09e6a761bdf0cef832 (resized).jpg8448ea7ebbc5baa0d6cf8f09e6a761bdf0cef832 (resized).jpg

#4305 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units*
*at the moment

What are the $5000 in differences between the LE and the SLE. ...or even between the Premium and the SLE?

#4310 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Here.. fixed that picture for ya...

I had to look three times to see what you did there.

Cash grab indeed. Very sad where this hobby is going.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if JJP announced their Lawlor game is $6999 tonight? Stern would be shitting themselves.

#4403 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you play that GOT slot? How cool is that one!

I was at Borgata last week. They had two of the double curved screen Walking Dead and about 8 of the double curved screen GOT next to each other in a row. The Walking Dead were being played just about all the time. The GOT slots were empty quite a bit. The TWD slot had more going on with the sound effects and graphics. It made me want to go and start watching the TWD series from season 1.

disclaimer, not my video:

#4659 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man Lyman and Gomez are GREAT, GREAT assets for Stern

It is pretty obvious from that video that Gary is driving the greed. I still can't believe they shut PinballNews out of the factory for doing their journalistic duty in asking about the reasons for the pricing. As you said Ice in another thread, Gomez seemed essentially a little shy and embarrassed when asked about the pricing.

#4660 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is how you do a presentation!
I could listen to Gomez speak longer than pretty much anyone else in pinball.

Unfortunately, even though Gomez is VP at Stern, Gary seems to be the one doing the pricing and driving the cost cutting.

#4890 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think there is a group of very rich people who buy these pins, basically every LE or whatever the best model is with out any thought of how much it costs and who have way better things to do than be on pinside, keep in mind I'm insulting myself as well.

The owner's lists on Pinside show that a very substantial portion of the LEs and limited games such as Spooky are owned by Pinsiders and that does not even include the people that don't list the games they own.

#5086 7 years ago

If there actually was another BM66 version announced that was called the "Studio" version, then Iceman would likely flip out. We might have to call for a straight jacket.

#5093 7 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Here is the final line up..

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Since you now seem to have the full-on pinball bug (like the rest of us) and appear to be here for the long haul, why not list your location and collection in your profile?

#5199 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think a big part of the problem, or reason for these continuing non stop price increases is due to the fact that we all keep making excuses to ourselves: Well, if I was in at $5k and that was my limit, is it really worth not having a pin that I want for $500 more? So now your new limit is $500 more than it was.
Then the next new and shiny pin comes out and it's a theme that you love, but it's another $500 more than your last (increased) limit. Same excuse/logic applies: if I were in at $5500.00 does it really make sense to deprive myself of a pin that I really want over $500? So your limit has now been increased by $1k.
So yeah, where does it stop?

overspending-statistics (resized).jpegoverspending-statistics (resized).jpeg

#5200 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

$7500 for a JJP LE. $5k for a Stern Pro. $6500 for a Stern Premium, but it has to be fantastic.

Unfortunately, two of those three are already over your limit, and it is reported that the other, the next Stern pro, will be around $5200 or higher.

#5206 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The thing is, I can buy these pins at the asking prices and still not be spending more than we earn. But that doesn't mean that I feel that the prices are worth it to me, or that I will be willing to pay it.

Quoted from Pimp77:

It's over my sensible limit...not financial limit. I'm buying used at this point.

Same for me. I also urge people to never borrow money to buy a luxury item. Although I have the financial means to buy, these NIB prices are at the point where the value/worth per dollar spent is not there for me. I was brought up to be financially frugal/conservative and to spend money wisely on good quality things of need or entertainment that provide long term value. The equation does not make sense for me at the present extreme prices unless it is something truly special.

#5207 7 years ago

Hopefully we are about at the tipping point where the prices are so high the NIB sales will suffer. I am curious to see what happens with new games after the sales numbers fall. Will the manufacturers that survive simply cheapen games back down to the way they were around 2007-2010 such as Stern was making and lower the prices hoping buyers will come back? I also wonder how many people that are turned off will completely leave the hobby.

#5228 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It was going to be approx. $8500
The feedback they got from distributors was demand was huge for the 240 LE's.
They priced it at $9500 and sold out all of them, with a wait list.

Some distributors still have BM66 LEs available from what I see online.

#5230 7 years ago

Does it really matter? The distributors do flipping now that Stern does not make it possible for regular folks to buy and sell for profit.
I am sure there are more. I have only done a 30 second search. Also, some distributors have not listed BM 66 for sale at all yet so several of them will likely have the LEs for sale later.

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pinball-machines/stern-pinball-machines/stern-batman-66-le-pinball-machine.html

https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/pinball-machines-for-sale-new-used-fully-refurbished/batman-66-pinball-machine-by-stern-pinball/

http://www.pinballs.com/

#5232 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously? Run on over to Europe and pick one up for $12.5K

Automated Services is in Connecticut.

#5315 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hopefully you SLE owners can give the rest of us some insight on how the Hot Wheels cars are secured to the playfield. It looks like the Batmobile and Batboat are on a plastic platform? I got my set ready for my Premium.

You also might want to get the $5 Bat signal for the back right corner:

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Signal-Mega-Mini-Kits/dp/0762445262/ref=sr_1_2

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ef78/

ef78_mini_batman_bat-signal (resized).jpgef78_mini_batman_bat-signal (resized).jpg

#5317 7 years ago

At least with all the excess BM66 profits Stern will be able to pay for replacement playfields for all the SMVE, GB, GOT, and KISS that have defective clearcoats.

#5329 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

What exactly are the differences on the playfield between the three? Other than the cars on the SLE, I can't see anything.

Don't forget the $5 spotlight in the back right corner.

#5332 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does it light up?

YES:

"the Bat Signal, which lights up to project the iconic winged Batman symbol onto nearby walls"

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Signal-Mega-Mini-Kits/dp/0762445262/ref=sr_1_2

#5347 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wonder how much would be involved in hooking that light up to the pin. Shouldn't be too hard, similar to the Tron Lightcycles.

Exactly. If Gomez is doing it then why wouldn't anybody else with basic skills?

3 weeks later
#5760 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Which ships first?
ColorDMD ships a color DMD for Batman (The Dark Knight)
-OR-
Stern ships Batman 66 with color LED?

BDK has already been colored:

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-batman-the-dark-knight-pinball-machine/

1 week later
#5904 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

More batman pics. Also... The pro exists!

Based on that serial number it is a TDK from several years ago rather than a BM66.

#5906 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were no "Pro" models when BDK came out. The Costco version was called "Batman Standard"

The serial numbers are done in sequence.
Gary also referred to the original as a Pro:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5583

#5911 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There were no Pro/Prem/LE tiers when BDK came out. The cheaper "Standard" came out a few years later...so, despite what Gary called it a few years later, I'm pretty sure BDK boxes never said "Pro" on them.

I am guessing a distributor that was holding the NIB game wrote that on the box for identification purposes. It is still not a BM66 because that serial number is from about 5 or 6 years ago.

1 week later
#6161 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

We had it for a short time with limited code. Hard to judge.

How did it shoot?

#6260 7 years ago

It would suck to pay $15000 on a pin only to realize a month later that it sucked or did not suit your tastes in pinball machines. Imagine if that happened plus it turned out to be the consensus to not be a good playing/shooting game. The owner may end up being stuck with it because they couldn't stomach dumping it for a $6000 to $7000 loss. It is not fun having a boat anchor in your collection taking up the space where a fun game could be.

1 week later
#6556 7 years ago

It looks interesting. The middle of the playfield seems a little dark in the video. Some spotlights could be added if that is an issue.

1 week later
#6950 7 years ago

I wonder is one of the bat gadgets will be the bat hand broom?

0f87e939b72daa0ee4f9ce83a1b5340e4e03ad8c (resized).jpg0f87e939b72daa0ee4f9ce83a1b5340e4e03ad8c (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7049 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just unboxed my topper. You just can't make this stuff up. Anyone notice anything wrong?

I bet they were watching this Batman video right before the assembly of the topper:

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.