PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenetBoy78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1139 7 years ago

After Batman66, how about Green Hornet66? Fifty Years ago this week:

Classic. Calling for a Trump 50 years ago, LMAO.

#1155 7 years ago

Think about a Batman LE and a Green Hornet LE machines next to each other with a add-on tube/track/mini-playfield between cabinets, attached to both cabinets, that allowed the Green Hornet car and BatMobile to go from playfield to playfield, pin-to-pin. The cars could have lifelike figures that move and speak. Kato could be programmed to get out of the car and kick some evil person's face and then get back in the car. Cool green lights with fold down head lamps that shoot missiles (Flashing LEDS).... A NBAFastbreak-type two machine linkage would be needed, etc. With LCD screen old 1966 TV versions could be played during gameplay etc..

Stern....think out of the box/cabinet and get'r done.

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You don't need a tube. Just some Bluetooth communication and you hit the "road" to the other pin in one machine and it triggers a ball release on the other pin, and vice versa. You could also "store" assists by hitting a certain shot or saucer and when the other pin needs help, hit the button in the lockdown bar to release a ball in the other machine, up to the number you've stored. Linked machine play like they've done with arcade machines could make simultaneous two player pinball pretty interesting.

Two machines could open up the programmers to more options not yet presented. I like your ideas. IF the two machines were physically connected you could transfer balls from one machine to another and build more "villains". No worries, my mind is wandering Post Labor Day...

#1159 7 years ago

Okay how about a BatGirl Topper built in from the factory where BatGirl comes out on her BatCave Topper located on top of the cabinet head, riding, with LED illuminated animation, on her motorbike and rides a track down into and on the playfield through the side of the cabinet acting as a Bat Cave Door.

#1169 7 years ago

Okay as an option to the Bat Girl Topper, a Bat Copter Topper could be the COOLEST topper as a small flying drone dressed up as the Bat Copter that lifts off, by its own rechargeable in-place battery pack, from the back box in a pre-programed pathway (buzzing around players head, playfield, or wherever you pro gram it....) equipped with sensors as the driverless cars have, and then land back on the back box in the re-charge position....flashing and a whirring. This same type concept topper could be used in a Zika pinball theme with a mosquito in lieu of a Bat Copter....LOL.

The technology is here, getr done.

1 month later
#4501 7 years ago

Eddy Munster.... Come On Down from that window at 1313 Mockingbird Lane

Monkees too, another great set of 1960's music....sweet... Pleasant Valley Sunday!

.....just not over $8k for an LE maxed out w shaker, color LCD and mirrored BG.

1 month later
#5838 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I understand you old farts and the nostalgia factor, but was this Batman TV show even any good?
I remember flipping past the daytime re-runs and thinking that Batman looked a little bit, how you would say, "light in the loafers" and that a strong breeze would probably knock him over.

Back in 1966 we didn't have anything to watch compared to today. Anything new was great, but now its emotional nostalgia. All Good, Happy Holidays. "light in the loafers" - bust my chops on a Holiday morning......

#6009 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry guys....had some employees and a fellow pinsider over and just finished playing ( and drinking)...
Distributor is Mike @ Automated. He's always been a good guy to deal with for me.....email came today, right before I posted...

Mike and his assistant Nancy are Top Shelf!! Never an issue with any of the NIB Sterns or PPS games I have bought from them. BTW: I just got a great Holiday price on a Ruby Red WOZ from him I couldn't pass up. JJ in Colorado and Mike at the GAP have always done me right too, but Automated cant be beat it seems. Nice to know others feel the same. Merry Christmas!! A Ruby Red-Batman LE Christmas as good as my Hot Wheels Track set Christmas 1970....LOL. Big Thanks to Automated Services, Stern and JJP for making Christmas dreams come true....2016.

1 week later
#6197 7 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong but the STLEs came in mid to late December in 2013, I got mine 12/19/2013 and Game of Thrones LE came late December 2015, I got mine December 30, 2015. Weren't clear window AC/DC premiums released before Christmas 2012? It would be consistent with the previous LE releases to see the Batman 66LE this December. Similar to many companies, I suspect the majority of the work gets done that has been delayed so everyone can go on a long, enjoyable Christmas Vacation with family and friends knowing they just slammed out 240 beautiful Batman66 LEs for families across the World to be happy for it. I love the anticipation.....its Christmas for crypes sake.

#6300 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

That would be full-blast, which never happens....more like half of that. Also, they have a bunch of other pins they are producing, and I am sure a lot of those are rush jobs for Xmas. Batman66 is likely left to a few of the more seasoned assemblers (if they are smart), so my guess is that they are probably doing 20 a week or so, if that

Just four BM66s a day? With a new factory they have been in for what 18 months? I don't mind waiting but the way Stern operates and manages its business, from the outside looking in, is sad. Who the hell is running the operation? Stern has people wanting to spend outrageous money but cant produce, over and over again, to meet reasonable demand. Sounds as history is repeating itself as how Bally got in the game, back in the day, if I recall correctly.

If Stern or JJP or CGC PPS could produce machines in a timely manner, made in America, Life would be better for all of us.

#6342 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not fair to put Stern in the same category with PPS and JJP... Stern may be late by a month or two but the other two are usually off by a year or two... if you're lucky!

I wasn't putting Stern in the same category as the others. You guys fight that one out at will.

My point was that Stern is a second generation business that has been around for decades, but performs less than I would expect from them, given their advantage against the newer start-up pinball businesses. I would think if the biz was managed and operated better it would be producing more and the quality it produces the first time is higher. The end game for biz is making money, and poor quality work in an untimely manner bodes poorly for any biz, especially one that has been established for so long. Lucky for Stern et al so many sick F's have enough money to feed their Pinball Jones. But I get it, their biz plan must be centered around keeping demand high with supply low so prices soar. Gotta love America and capitalism.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BenetBoy78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=BenetBoy78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.