PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 142.
#401 7 years ago

I don't understand if Stern are celebrating 30 years why they have to partner with Ka-Pow?
Are they short of money or am I missing something?

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from Evoga:

I don't understand if Stern are celebrating 30 years why they have to partner with Ka-Pow?

Gary and Joe were at Data East together. Joe has worked on the license before in slots, including video editing and effects (not just clips) using assets from the BM66 series.

#403 7 years ago

and now this...

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Evoga:

I assumed they brought in the license. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Evoga:

Because Joe Kaminkow already has the 66 Batman license from his slot machine or he had the right connections to get the license extended to Stern.

I think having Joe part of this is big plus. He's a huge bat-fan so I'm sure he'll make sure the theme is presented well and integrated well with the game. The fact that he owns a 1966 Batmobile (not sure if its an original Barris version or a replica) shows you he how much he loves the show.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/news/hobby-news/holy_exhibition_the_batmobile_is_at_the_national_automobile_museum

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the past the license has been hard to get so if Ka-Pow already had it, it would save a lot of time negotiating.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think having Joe part of this is big plus.

Not everyone shares that sentiment apparently.

https://twitter.com/pinballkeefer/status/770375325285019649

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope the pinball license allows the use of the whole rogues gallery of villians and other supporting characters. The slot machine apparently had access to everything from the show according to the linked article below. It also says Joe Kaminkow and his team watched all 120 episodes looking for good video clips to use in the slot machine. Hopefully Stern has the same access to use these in the pinball.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/bam-original-batman-hit-slot-machine-honoring-series-premieres

#409 7 years ago

Thats interesting. I didn't know there was some bad blood between Joe and Keith. Even if there is and even if its justified, it seems a little tacky to attack others in your profession on social media.

How's that saying go, if you don't have anything good to say about someone.....

#410 7 years ago

I hope the Red Bat phone makes it in the game. It could be a cool ball lock or a way to activate crime modes. As commissioner Gordon call Batman, the phone would ring and flash red and you have to hit a ramp to launch the ball to the middle of the phone where a magnet catches it. Batman picks up the phone for the latest crime to hit Gotham .

There is so many cool stuff from the TV series that could be incorporated into this game.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

...Then say it on social media!

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I hope the Red Bat phone makes it in the game. It could be a cool ball lock. There is so many cool stuff from the TV series that could be incorporated into this game.

Bat Phone - No way, its gotta be the batcave ball lock.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

it seems a little tacky to attack others in your profession on social media.

Show biz people...

#414 7 years ago

Quite a few in the gaming (gambling equipment) industry aren't that fond of "Joe Cool"

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Evoga:

I'm still trying to figure out 30 years of what?

I guess if you add in his dad's companys that might do it?

#416 7 years ago

Joe & Gary

Expo 2006

batman-pin-joeK-garyS-expo2006 (resized).jpgbatman-pin-joeK-garyS-expo2006 (resized).jpg

#417 7 years ago

All I know is Joe was one of the designers on GnR, and that's good enough for me.

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Joe & Gary
Expo 2006

Nice wig.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I hope the Red Bat phone makes it in the game. It could be a cool ball lock or a way to activate crime modes. As commissioner Gordon call Batman, the phone would ring and flash red and you have to hit a ramp to launch the ball to the middle of the phone where a magnet catches it. Batman picks up the phone for the latest crime to hit Gotham .
There is so many cool stuff from the TV series that could be incorporated into this game.

Just as long as it doesn't look like this.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Just as long as it doesn't look like this.

Wait! Is that the leaked photos of JJP #3? What's it called...uh...dialed in?

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

its gotta be the batcave ball lock.

I like playing that game!

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wait! Is that the leaked photos of JJP #3? What's it called...uh...dialed in?

LOL , no that's Who Dunnit

#423 7 years ago

Kaminkow already made Batman

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Kaminkow already made Batman

Maybe they will be combining all the previous Batmans into the Batman to end all Batmans.

#425 7 years ago

I bumped into Christian Bale today and asked if he was going to be at the Batman pinball invitation only VIP party at Expo and got a picture.

Number1 (resized).jpgNumber1 (resized).jpg

My God, the man hasn't aged a day! Amazing.

#426 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe they will be combining all the previous Batmans into the Batman to end all Batmans.

He did this one too.

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He did this one too.

I was just looking at one of those a few days ago. Ramp city. For my own collection though, I couldn't get past the neon.

#428 7 years ago

I personally think it's funny as hell that Jared is back on Pinside up-voting any positive Stern post (like the original post in this thread) and hiding from any ghosting, chipping, overdue code, delivery, mis-matched rails, or any other QA/QC issue like it's the plague.

Pinside1 (resized).JPGPinside1 (resized).JPG

#429 7 years ago

Was the ball lock on batman dark knight virtual or was there a physical ball lock... I hate virtual ball locks

#430 7 years ago

Commissioner Gorden always used the Bat Light to summon the Dark Knight to his task!Bat phone came later!!

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still trying to figure out 30 years of what?
I guess if you add in his dad's companys that might do it?

Data East was founded in 1986.

It's 2016.

30 years.

#432 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

HA HHAA MY FRIENDS!! Just this minute,i talked with my rep.Eric,at Gameroomguys! People,i just Cancelled my GB/PRe,and JUST BOUGHT a Batman 66.LE!!! WOHOOO! Ghostbusters was a test pin for the Spike system,developed for THIS PIN!! Eric told me we have never seen anything like this before,AND I"M IN!!BATMAN66 Club,here we are!! Eric ALSO told me that tha SLE's are only given to Gary Sterns personal friends for sale! Eric has 1LE left,delivery,late November,Christmas for the PRe'sOH,by the way October for the GB/PRes I finally got the goody first!!

Yes, but let's not forget the part where Eric also said they don't have final pricing yet, but their projected sales figure is going to be somewhere from 8500 to 9K Or a bit more on the LE.....Prem's around 7300 to 7400. I said, thanks but no thanks........I like Batman, but not that well. But hey, you get free admission to the Epic Party, and they are promising to use "Bat Clear" on this model, which when chipped will leave a cool texted sound effect such as "biff", "Pow", or "Sucker"......

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

HA HHAA MY FRIENDS!! Just this minute,i talked with my rep.Eric,at Gameroomguys! People,i just Cancelled my GB/PRe,and JUST BOUGHT a Batman 66.LE!!! WOHOOO! Ghostbusters was a test pin for the Spike system,developed for THIS PIN!! Eric told me we have never seen anything like this before,AND I"M IN!!BATMAN66 Club,here we are!! Eric ALSO told me that tha SLE's are only given to Gary Sterns personal friends for sale! Eric has 1LE left,delivery,late November,Christmas for the PRe'sOH,by the way October for the GB/PRes I finally got the goody first!!

Ghostbusters was the 4th SPIKE pin (5th if you count Nellie), so it was not a test for Batman 66.

Domestic Ghostbusters will start being delivered in September, not October.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats interesting. I didn't know there was some bad blood between Joe and Keith. Even if there is and even if its justified, it seems a little tacky to attack others in your profession on social media.

Yeah but how are we supposed to know how things really were back then if people don't speak up.

It's funny but that's my quote on Keith's twitter. I guess I was going on the notion that he was in pinball for so long and has been out of pinball for so long that it's nice to see him back. I thought I read or heard somewhere that he didn't really do much designing but did more delegating. Maybe that's where the animosity is coming from. I'd be interested to hear more inside stories regarding Kaminkow and the DE/Sega years and the reasons Keith and maybe others feel that way.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yes, but let's not forget the part where Eric also said they don't have final pricing yet, but their projected sales figure is going to be somewhere from 8500 to 9K Or a bit more on the LE

I was told $10k to $10.5k on the LE.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I personally think it's funny as hell that Jared is back on Pinside up-voting any positive Stern post (like the original post in this thread) and hiding from any ghosting, chipping, overdue code, delivery, mis-matched rails, or any other QA/QC issue like it's the plague.

Jared even up voted your post. That shows me he's an affable guy. And at least he's not hating on the competition.
- Rock on Jared.

Jared (resized).pngJared (resized).png

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What's he supposed to say though? He's got the company line, or he's got find another client. I don't envy that position.

Maybe stick with staying away, you're right, it's funny, but pick on Jody, not Jared.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yikes, you were about to get the shafts not once, but twice. Price I quoted is word for word what distro told me.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Data East was founded in 1986.

It's 2016.

30 years.

So did Stern own Data East? I thought it was a Japanese company that sold it's factory to Sega in the mid 90s, another Japanese company.

Maybe I got my history wrong.

#441 7 years ago

Not hearing le will be that high maybe one of the ultra les

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Was that the super LE price or just the LE?

What was the premium price?

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So did Stern own Data East? I thought it was a Japanese company that sold it's factory to Sega in the mid 90s, another Japanese company.

Data East Pinball, Sega Pinball, and Stern Pinball are the same company, with three different owners. Gary Stern has ran all three of them continuously, and bought out Sega in 1999 to personally own it as well.

Gary also had Stern Electronics in the late 70's/early 80's. While his dad, Sam Stern, came out of retirement to help, Gary was president. This is a separate company from Data East/Sega/Stern Pinball.

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Data East Pinball, Sega Pinball, and Stern Pinball are the same company, with three different owners. Gary Stern has ran all three of them continuously, and bought out Sega in 1999 to personally own it as well.

Gary also had Stern Electronics in the late 70's/early 80's. While his dad, Sam Stern, came out of retirement to help, Gary was president. This is a separate company from Data East/Sega/Stern Pinball.

Thanks for clearing all that up. I can only go by what I read. I also heard Sam Stern owned Williams for a while. Perhaps that is true?

#445 7 years ago

I can't believe that "super LE" has so readily entered the Pinside lexicon. The people at Stern are geniuses.

I also can't believe that we're already at $10k for an LE (or "super" LE ). I heard that these have already (pre)sold really well though, so...good for Stern? I guess?

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Was that the super LE price or just the LE?
What was the premium price?

No that was the LE. But that pricing hadn't been settled on yet.

Maybe they saw how people were flipping GBLE's for big money initially, before the PF issues, and figure that 1/2 the total, with an LCD, why not $10k?

At least its "not by christmas"

I didn't ask about the premium.

#447 7 years ago

le10k

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

But hey, you get free admission to the Epic Party

I asked that question to my distributor and was told that the VIP pass was just for the adam west meet and greet from 3 to 6. You still need to buy a separate ticket if you want to go to the evening party after that.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is slightly more complicated than an outright "own". It more like "shared". Same went with their ties with Sega.
Beyond the scope of this thread.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Was the ball lock on batman dark knight virtual or was there a physical ball lock... I hate virtual ball locks

Virtual. You'd hit down the Joker drop target, then hit it through to get a virtual lock, and the ball would get kicked to the upper lanes to continue play.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/9?hl=aingide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.