• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 142.
#4901 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yep, or maybe first period would happen but after a brief meeting in the smoking lounge it was off to the arcade with 20 mins or so spent in the car before we went in, not smoking hash or anything it was just a pep talk and counting change.

That movie Dazed and Confused pretty much nailed what our high school years were like. The parking lot was like a car show, and my buddy had a van that we would frequent throughout the days we actually stuck around.

#4902 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That movie Dazed and Confused pretty much nailed what our high school years were like. The parking lot was like a car show, and my buddy had a van that we would frequent throughout the days we actually stuck around.

Spent most of my school days not sticking around.

#4903 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Interesting that the 80 Super LE emails have gone out ... and I think we have had 2 guys (?) in this thread that have said they are getting one.
Which would mean that either the guys getting them aren't the boasting kind ... or a lot of the recipients aren't on Pinside.
rd

here's my vid

#4904 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well considering the fact that the LE's and Pre's are all lumped together makes ur theory excuse me garbage.

X-Men LE had no premium. Pinside owns 235, almost 50%. Pinside IS the market for LE's.

#4905 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's my vid
ยป YouTube video

It's blocked in NZ. They don't want us to see it.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's blocked in NZ. They don't want us to see it.

dohh... probably due to the audio. arrggg...

#4907 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

dohh... probably due to the audio. arrggg...

Won't even tell me I can't see it now. Something about SME copyright and not allowing the content to be seen in our country.

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Won't even tell me I can't see it now. Something about SME copyright and not allowing the content to be seen in our country.

yep. audio blockage
common with utube

#4909 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

That's why I actually like the Ghostbusters topper....it isn't already on the backglass.
Or a duplicate of a toy on the playfield (TWD, GOT)

I like the Batman topper for once, as usually it's the same as the backglass. Never understood why all the aftermarket toppers are exactly the same as the backglass with imagines and not creative enough for the price.

#4910 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I like the Batman topper for once, as usually it's the same as the backglass. Never understood why all the aftermarket toppers are exactly the same as the backglass with imagines and not creative enough for the price.

Got topper is not a duplicate and it's a great game.

#4911 2 years ago

Hi All,
As a distributor I can say that I am both excited and cautious about this pinball. We are getting both the super LE and the "regular" LE along with two premiums. I have held off on selling any until we get them in the store. We are going to have a charity event for the unveiling of the super LE. (All proceeds to go to St. Judes cancer hospital.) I do think the new pinball is awesome and am excited about the new style. I do hope that Stern can get units to the street for a more reasonable price. I know many people feel that dealers are making whopping profits. I am sure some are but if we follow the manufactures' pricing guidelines, our profit margins are fair. The other thing I want to mention is that for every "hot" pinball released we have to sell others that are not quite as easy to sell. In the end it does work out. As for what percentage collectors make in sales, it is hard to say. A large segment of our customer base is middle class to wealthy people who have a small game room in their basement . They tend to buy two to four pinballs over the course of a few years. They seem to be far less sensitive to pricing. Usually demand and sales drive the market, so we will see.

warmest regards-Jerry

#4912 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Got topper is not a duplicate and it's a great game.

the Batman topper I like on this one, was referring in general to other games. In regards to the game, my only wish especially to try and help justify the major price increase would have been a new playfield design rather than reuse of the previous game.

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

We are getting both the super LE and the "regular" LE along with

How much for the super LE?

BB (resized).jpg

#4914 2 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

X-Men LE had no premium. Pinside owns 235, almost 50%. Pinside IS the market for LE's.

Tron LE 204 owners on Pinside out of 400
IMG_2503 (resized).JPG

#4915 2 years ago

IMG_2502 (resized).JPG

#4916 2 years ago

Hi All,
As a distributor I can say that I am both excited and cautious about this pinball. We are getting both the super LE and the "regular" LE along with two premiums. I have held off on selling any until we get them in the store. We are going to have a charity event for the unveiling of the super LE. (All proceeds to go to St. Judes cancer hospital.)

What?

If you open that SLE - you can't sell it new in box. And if you let anybody play it at your fundraising party it will be a used machine. Making any subsequent sale subject to the Stern first right of refusal buy back clause. You really want to risk it?

#4917 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What?
If you open that SLE - you can't sell it new in box. And if you let anybody play it at your fundraising party it will be a used machine. Making any subsequent sale subject to the Stern first right of refusal buy back clause. You really want to risk it?

Unless the buyer agrees to allow it to be used for the event. And thus, the buyer cant sell it thereafter

#4918 2 years ago

We take all our pinballs out of the box and place them on our showroom floor. We sell them and deliver them. We warranty all of our new pinballs for one full year. We run our business on the "auto dealership " model. It works for us. Our customers like to see and play several machines before they buy. That is the appeal of a brick and mortar dealership. Our customer base is within a 300 mile radius. Stern likes having brick and mortar dealerships around. It is not for everyone. Some folks like having a pinball drop shipped to them in the box. There are lots of folks who do that. We enjoy the way we do business.

-Jerry

#4919 2 years ago

We take all our pinballs out of the box and place them on our showroom floor. We sell them and deliver them. We warranty all of our new pinballs for one full year. We run our business on the "auto dealership " model. It works for us. Our customers like to see and play several machines before they buy. That is the appeal of a brick and mortar dealership. Our customer base is within a 300 mile radius. Stern likes having brick and mortar dealerships around. It is not for everyone. Some folks like having a pinball drop shipped to them in the box. There are lots of folks who do that. We enjoy the way we do business.
-Jerry

It is an interesting cat that will pay 15K+ for a used machine.

#4920 2 years ago

We take all our pinballs out of the box and place them on our showroom floor.

Don't you worry about people tripping and slipping on them?

#4921 2 years ago

Only when we have blind folded paintball night!

#4922 2 years ago

The Canadian distributor (yes, there's only one) is brick and mortar. Anyone can go in and play games any time. Which is awesome! (assuming you are close enough to their showroom to enjoy it)

Sadly, the impression received by many, is they don't care about pinball very much. Especially knowing they monopolized the country's supply. Anyone selling pins retail gets them from one source. This same source also has a MASSIVE ownership of movie theaters in Canada.

"Cineplex Entertainment - Canada's largest and North America's fifth-largest movie theater company with 161 locations"

by comparison to the rest of the competition, they are huge. Look at second place alone.

"Landmark Cinemas - Canada's second-largest chain with 54 locations"

Clearly they have no shortage on routes, and it makes buying games in Canada, very expensive as we are hit by the exchange and lack of competitive retailers (no competition).

Add in the fact that a US distributor is not supposed to sell a game to non-US buyers, and the case becomes clear.

Sorry for the rant, but it needs to change.

#4923 2 years ago

FYI we do have a fair number of Canadian customers. It is a bit more difficult dealing with customs be we do service quite of few of our neighbors to the north.

#4924 2 years ago

We can buy pins from Nitro with free shipping and one year warranty. That is where I may get my GB. Plus I can just drive over to Starburst and pick it up which means they can deduct the shipping from the price also.

#4925 2 years ago

Also a pinball with forty or fifty plays is not really used. It is like a car dealership who has cars on the lot with fewer than 100 miles on it, it is still considered new. Our customers do understand that it is part of our kind of dealership. We do offer new in the box if someone wants that. You may find it odd but our customers,by an overwhelming margin, want the pinball they picked out and tried on the floor.

#4926 2 years ago

You may find it odd but our customers,by an overwhelming margin, want the pinball they picked out and tried on the floor.

After reading so many posts about people receiving defective machines with cosmetic and playfield issues right out of the box, I don't find it odd at all.

Personally I'd much rather be able to inspect the game I'm buying than have some mystery box left on my doorstep.

#4927 2 years ago

Also a pinball with forty or fifty plays is not really used. It is like a car dealership who has cars on the lot with fewer than 100 miles on it, it is still considered new. Our customers do understand that it is part of our kind of dealership. We do offer new in the box if someone wants that. You may find it odd but our customers,by an overwhelming margin, want the pinball they picked out and tried on the floor.

I can see that but not for this particular machine. Unless you get someone off the street who is a complete pinball novice with a ton of dough to blow, most buyers would want this NIB. So much so that they might not even open it themselves.

I was under the impression that Stern was dealing direct with the SLE's and I didn't see any auto dealership model resale exclusion in their wacky agreement.

#4928 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After reading so many posts about people receiving defective machines with cosmetic and playfield issues right out of the box, I don't find it odd at all.
Personally I'd much rather be able to inspect the game I'm buying than have some mystery box left on my doorstep.

This....

#4929 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Personally I'd much rather be able to inspect the game I'm buying then have some mystery box left on my doorstep.

How many games have you, would you purchase at 15K each?

#4930 2 years ago

I buy a pin because I like the theme and I like to play it. My first pin purchase 20 years ago was a 1978 Bally Star Trek. Why? The theme, certainly not the gameplay. Now that I have 11 games and no more space, I've got to give up one of my existing titles for the new one. It's gonna be a harder and harder sale for me. From Jersey Jack I've got a WOZECLE and you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands. From Stern I have an Elvis and the same is true. Of all the machines recently announced only Batman 66 has an appealing theme and it is Stern's first LCD machine to boot. Stern has my attention now. I'm now watching the original Batman TV series to whet my appetite to the tune of $8K. If you build the right machine... they will pay. Higher and higher prices are justified by sales. Just ask any Medieval Madness owner.

#4931 2 years ago

With so many dealers competing on price and just selling pinball commodities in boxes, I commend PinballAlley for creating value for their customers and doing it different. That's how you build a business.

#4932 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

How many games have you, would you purchase at 15K each?

I actually purchased one. And it will probably be the last. I did however inspect it and play it first. No way would have I bought it without seeing it first.

#4933 2 years ago

Also a pinball with forty or fifty plays is not really used.

40 or 50 plays is probably a little on the low side for a super rare machine set on free play especially at a party.

#4934 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I actually purchased one. And it will probably be the last. I did however inspect it and play it first. No way would have I bought it without seeing it first.

Was it NIB or a rare used game?

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Was it NIB or a rare used game?

It was a HEP restored MM. A friend wanted it more than I did, so I sold it and they are still very happy with it. No defects to be found.

#4936 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

With so many dealers competing on price and just selling pinball commodities in boxes, I commend PinballAlley for creating value for their customers and doing it different. That's how you build a business.

I totally agree but I think things change when we are speaking about a game that is crazy spendy, crazy limited and one that most pinballers will never see let alone get to play.

No to mention that the crazy Stern agreement did not allow for for this particular type of sale. So does the agreement apply to all? Or just to those people who aren't distributors?

#4937 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was a HEP restored MM. A friend wanted it more than I did, so I sold it and they are still very happy with it. No defects to be found.

Probably worth every penny. HEP machines are better than new.

#4938 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No to mention that the crazy Stern agreement did not allow for for this particular type of sale. So does the agreement apply to all? Or just to those people who aren't distributors?

I think it's pretty obvious what the answer is to that question. I would say Stern knows every distributor very well and knows which ones are buying SLEs.

#4939 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Probably worth every penny. HEP machines are better than new.

It's a beauty, and it plays real nice.

I've become not very comfortable owning high dollar games anymore because I always feel like the time may come where I may need to sell it and then I need to find the right buyer. And I'm low on cash now anyway.

But, I would never think of spending as much as these new games cost without inspecting it first. There is always the chance you might get a defect NIB and then you are stuck with it, while the next guy gets a perfect one. Not the kind of game I like to play.

#4940 2 years ago

I've purchased many NIB pins.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind "if" my OOB (Out of Box) GB prem didn't need the attention it needed like; Slimmer's ass dragging all over the place, air balls o-plently, coils dialed in correctly, and lastly seeing "if" the playfield or cabinet had issues (ghosting / sunken inserts / miss matched side rails / side art done incorrectly; etc.). I would certainly buy it with a few miles on it without these issues from a reputable distributor.

Note: my GB prem doesn't have the PF or cabinet issues that many GBLE buyers have. I do hope they get taken care of tho.

#4941 2 years ago

Sooooooo, when are we seeing more info on this thing......? Game play, spec sheet etc? Would be helpful that everyone who has a deposit down actually knows what they're getting.

#4942 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sooooooo, when are we seeing more info on this thing......? Game play, spec sheet etc? Would be helpful that everyone who has a deposit down actually knows what they're getting.

The waiting continues.

#4943 2 years ago

I was on a Celebrity Bowling binge on Youtube. I never knew this show existed but it's cool seeing Roy Rogers. Adam West's voice is as smooth as butter.

#4944 2 years ago

-Jerry

I have no problem with this handling, but is it common to sell cars which were sitting in the showroom for the full price in the US? I'm just curious.
In Germany showroom cars get a huge discount, sample cars that have been driven - even if it's just a few miles - are discounted even more.

To me the perfect model is what many distributors in Germany do: They unbox the game, go through all switches and mechs by hand (no balls rolling on the PF, ever), fix all known potential problems (airball protectors and such) at no cost, add optional accessories (especially PF protectors) at parts cost and then put it back in the box to factory standards before they are delivered.
The ones from the showroom are sold off for a reduced "used machine" price when they are rotated out for the next model.

#4945 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I think they nailed the topper for this one as well. Batman and Robin just chilling in the batmobile with the rotating beacon. It's too bad the topper they showed is only for LE and SLE.

George said that the topper would be available for purchase fro premium buyers and I assumed it was the same one they showed at expo. Then at the booth when I asked someone there they said the premium buyers could buy a topper but it was a different design. He said it was a Gotham skyline view.

I also though that the bat signal projector was built into the topper. It is not, it is an add on that is included with SLE. If you get an LE you still get the topper but the bat signal projector is not included with it. George said the bat signal projector can be purchased as an accessory through Stern.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

That's not your problem how some of us want the spend our money. If you don't want to that's fine but no need to let us know you don't want to coz we don't care.

I'm sorry, your right.

#4947 2 years ago

Since Stern hasn't put out an official feature matrix for Batman 66 yet so lets document what we know so far. Here are what I think the model differences for Batman 66 are based on the Expo videos and talking with George and others at Expo. If I missed anything or got anything wrong please chime in:

All 3 models, SLE, LE, and Premium have exact same game play features and code. There are a few add on toys between the modes but they all have the same base playfield. No mention on if the SLE or LE playfields will be signed or not by the designer like they did with previous LE's

The first 500 games made will include an Adam West signed batman trading card on right side of apron. The cards that were shown were reprints of the original 1966 Topps "black bat", "red bat" and "blue bat" cards. Topps reissued these a few years ago. They are identical reprints front and back of the original 143 cards from 1966. You can buy these fairly inexpensively so I'm sure Stern is using these new reprints instead of original cards from 1966. They feature hand painted art by Norm Saunders (did iconic attack from mars cards as well). Since Stern had 500 signed by Adam West and there were only 143 card designs, some machines will have the same card. I hope Stern sorted the cards to only feature batman on the Adam West signed cards. It might look out of place to have a drawing of riddler, penguin, robin, etc with an Adam West signature.

The apron has screw holes to hold the card in a portrait or a landscape orientation. After the 500 signed cards are used then unsigned cards will be put on the machines. So if they build SLE (80 machines) and LE (240 machines) first then they should all get a card and the first 180 premiums built next should get a signed card as well. Since you can rotate the card holder portrait or landscape you could put your own favorite card in there or trade with someone else.

So what are the main differences (besides cost) between Premium, LE, and SLE models:

Premium:
Habitrail on left side is chrome
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are standard matte black
Cabinet decals feature Batman and Robin
Backbox decals feature Batgirl
Plain matte black finish on speaker panel
Plaque on speaker panel is plastic and says "Batman Premium Edition"
Translite art unique to premium model with batmobile in lower right, says "holy pinball wizard"

LE:
Habitrail on left side is metallic red powdercoat
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are a glossy powder coated black with silver flake
Cabinet decals feature the four main villains
Backbox decals feature an angry Batman and Robin
Plain matte black finish on speaker panel
Plaque on speaker panel is plastic, will be 1 of the 120 episodes or 1 of 120 different bat gadgets
Batman and Robin riding in Batmobile topper with rotating red beacon light
Translite art unique to LE has Batgirl featured in lower right and also says "holy pinball wizard"

LE:
Habitrail on left side is metallic blue powdercoat
Legs, rails, lock down bar, hinges are a glossy powder coated black with silver flake and red pinstripe accents
Cabinet decals are a metallic embossed foil and features the Batmobile
Backbox decals are a metallic embossed foil and feature Batman and Robin
Glossy black silver flake powercoat similar to rails on the speaker panel
Speaker panel has red backlit speaker grills and red backlit bat logo
Speakers are upgraded Jensen 2 way (upgraded sub woofer as well?)
Plaque on speaker panel is metal has Stern 30'th logo, Batman logo, and says 1986 for Sterns anniversary year
Batman and Robin riding in Batmobile topper with rotating red beacon light
Bat signal projector mounted on back of topper projects batsignal, position and size of projected image is adjustable
Hot Wheels Batmobile towing the Batboat mounted above shooter lane
Hot Wheels Batcycle mount on top of bumper cap
Hot Wheels Batcopter mounted above left habitrail
Batsignal search light mounted on upper right plastic, is lit and flashes during gameplay
Inner side blade art features Gotham skyline with "pow", "bam", etc printed on it
Red edge glow plastics on slings and lower ball guides
SLE translite has unique design and says "holy super limited edition"
4 translites included, the 3 designs already shown and a 4'th that has not been shown yet
Personalized voice message from Adam West so he can call you via the batphone

Some of the items will be available for individual purchase:
Inner side blades that were on SLE
Batsignal projector
Red edge glow plastics on slings and lower ball guides
A new topper not shown yet that features Gotham skyline

#4948 2 years ago

I love the side armor on the SLE. I really hope someone makes similar armor for the Premiums and LEs.

#4949 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I love the side armor on the SLE. I really hope someone makes similar armor for the Premiums and LEs.

I thought the LE and SLE had the same armor? with the webbing and flake powdercoat?

#4950 2 years ago

I must admit SLE is a thing of beauty and I wouldn't blame anyone for plunking down more money for it. Does it suck for the average joe that prices keep going up at a ridiculous rate? Of course. They are pricing most of us out... for now. Who knows what the next 5 years will bring. Eventually they will need the average joes buying NIB machines again and they will find a way to make that happen.

Congrats Stern on a beautiful machine that supersedes your main competition JJP in the looks category.

In regards to VE's... I think you guys missed the mark on what the community was asking for. Sure some were asking for better artwork, but honestly I think the majority of people want the originals at a fair price. I don't think VE's should be targeted at high end collectors. Save that for new IP. VE's could/should be a way to win back the average joes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside